TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are these EIE traits?

- Study and love of philosophy and literature
    - A near obsession with luxury brands, and various status objects (to the point of buying such objects off auctions etc)
    - A very studious character, putting a lot of effort in school
    - Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll (pretty much in all its variants)
    - Obsession with creating/having own style and aesthetics/ smth molded to their personality
    - Very giving, very caring, the sort of person you can cry to if your bf dumped you or some such, or someone to discuss the more existential aspects of life/context
    - Very gentle, quite soft spoken
    - has stated feeling 'misunderstood' on several occasions and by several people
    - very quick to grasp the political and socio-economic context of another, their upbringing, their 'where they come from' so to speak
    - extreme draw towards people who are very very (but very) social and who have huge social networks and/ or are quite high up, so to speak (high up could be many things, but im just trying to give a rough idea of an inclination).
    - the above notwithstanding, gives the impression of a very deep person (and imo is such person)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    - A near obsession with luxury brands, and various status objects (to the point of buying such objects off auctions etc)
    - Obsession with creating/having own style and aesthetics/ smth molded to their personality
    - Very giving, very caring, the sort of person you can cry to if your bf dumped you or some such, or someone to discuss the more existential aspects of life/context
    - very quick to grasp the political and socio-economic context of another, their upbringing, their 'where they come from' so to speak
    - extreme draw towards people who are very very (but very) social and who have huge social networks and/ or are quite high up, so to speak (high up could be many things, but im just trying to give a rough idea of an inclination).
    - the above notwithstanding, gives the impression of a very deep person (and imo is such person)
    Thanks!
    These points mostly match my own impression of EIEs. They have individual differences; some are very religious, others almost verbally aggressive, then there are those who are very lyrical and those who are more technically inclined. Some like luxury products but I would rather claim that they have their own taste which can be flamboyant or the other way around. I think their mood or state of health decides what kind of clothing they wear.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

- Very giving, very caring, the sort of person you can cry to

no

the rest mb

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of the two adult EIEs ive known best, who were both bosses at work, so I've only known so much about them. One fe subtype (asshole) another ni subtype (cool guy). I bolded what applies to both of them, as far as I can tell, italicized what only applies to one of them, crossed out what definitely doesn't apply (noting that they have been bosses to me), and left the others normal.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely possible for an EIE to be gentle and soft spoken, and there are good examples, but the "stereotypical" EIE is the exact opposite of meek and humble.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont know

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EIEs can be caring but not in the traditional sense, they are more likely to cover up the caring with jokes or bad-assery. I don't think they are very caring in the more pure 'shy cute helpless' way that SEI/IEI/EIIs portray better. Some female EIEs tho can be really nurturing cuz strong biological urges based on gender often trumps type in a sense. But they are still EIEs.. they just won't be as over the top as the males lol.

Eh sounds more like SEE...

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIEs usually aren't very studious

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My impression is that they can become pretty obsessed over some things. Let it be philosophy even mathematics or something else. Hence the variety what they do can be quite stark.

Anyway, according to Gulenko they can become mentally quite preoccupied by something generating a person who is always on and unsure of lots of things wanting clarity (Ej temperament + Ti suggestive).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure IEIs are more likely to become obsessed with mathematics, philosophy, logic etc. At least gaining an understanding of it, not so much developing theories.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    I'm pretty sure IEIs are more likely to become obsessed with mathematics, philosophy, logic etc. At least gaining an understanding of it, not so much developing theories.
    They really have troubles with seized static logical analysis being Ip temperament. Ej temperament has 4D static acess.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Delilah, based on three male EIEs and one female:

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I've never met an EIE who actively dealt with philosophy but I know one who studied History, another Computer Science and a third one studies applied geosciences (and is in a relationship with an LSI who studies something with psychology - I didn't ask. The female EIE studies geosciences). However Jordan Peterson, who's EIE imo, is into philosophy. And I think Nietzsche and this guy* are good examples, too.

The men not so much. The woman has the same bag in six different colors. Her wardrobe is full of clothes she never wears because her taste changes often and radically. She doesn't look for luxury brands but prefers dresses that have a lot of glitter, gold, jewelry and other decorative elements. However she only wears such things on special occasions. On all other days she is too busy with her studies to think about her appearance.

Don't know about the three men, but the female EIE often complains about how much she has to study. But when I ask her what she did the past few weeks she says that she was so stressed that she could only watch Netflix and sleep. I hear contradicting stories. Her notes are tidy and as a rule she passes all her exams.

I guess. Extreme example would be Marilyn Manson.

Yes. But wouldn't call it an obsession. Neither is much into aesthetics of their surroundings (beyond a sense of orderliness or status maybe but not practicality) and some have wild dreams about owing large mansions later in live that they can never actually take care of without paid cleaners, gardeners etc. It's hard to grasp for me. Their style is baroque. Definitely Baroque and nobility** but nothing that screams for attention. Their houses may have traces of that, like sculptures in the garden or at the front door.

Yes.

yes. The female EIE starts to limp all of a sudden. In the way that the rest of the dialogue requires you to ask "What's wrong with you, honey?" so that she can start talking about how hard the past days have been. She will stop limping soon after.
    The men start venting, as if they need advice but really don't want any. They need someone who listens to them complaining it appears.

Haven't spent enough time with them to say anything about that.

Thanks!
    Wouldn't say they appear more complex than other people (, to me).

*this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x9-Y9RpqBY @Luminous Lynx, looks like you?
    ** they describe their taste like this https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1a/1b/17/1...bb2a5564fe.jpg
    and this https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7a/0a/2b/7...bc86aff880.jpg maybe a bit less kitsch though. One male prefered rosé colors and the woman liked purple and black but changed that for white and green some two years ago.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 08-22-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: corrected last sentence

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Chiming in to say that I'm a manslut for baroque and rococo.

Carry on.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Chiming in to say that I'm a manslut for baroque and rococo.

Carry on.
    You must be EIE then. That's the rules now

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After reading Theodore Millon's description of Histrionic personality disorder it is probably ̣- according to the caricature (other types can fulfill the criteria as well) - unhealthy EIE.

Fits in quite well with few EIE's I know if they go to extreme. These people are not disordered.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    You must be EIE then. That's the rules now
    Typing by architectural style preference is the new sensation sweeping the nation.

Alpha - brutalism, art nouveau, whatevertheshit Gaudi was into (?)
    Beta - Baroque, gothic, rococo
    Gamma - ???
    Delta - timber everywhere
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Typing by architectural style preference is the new sensation sweeping the nation.

Alpha - brutalism, art nouveau, whatevertheshit Gaudi was into (?)
    Beta - Baroque, gothic, rococo
    Gamma - ???
    Delta - timber everywhere
    alpha

Beta

Gamma

delta
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

in a cube suspended in the center of space
    TIM
    xyz
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitting for Delta architecture to have a lot of wood in it. Let them remain untouched in their peaceful Hobbit-like worlds

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beta house would be nice without all the tacky gaudy stuff.

So true about the alpha house. Notice it too is filled with tacky shit.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taken as a whole? Yes, the impression does seem EIE, or IEI. In particular the parts about feeling misunderstood and status objects.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baroque is alpha af