Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Casey Neistat (filmmaker)

He is LIE! Just watch how LIEs think:
    https://youtu.be/Lg_6wJV6Buk
    Update: he says things that sound LIE however apparently he's not a gamma
    Last edited by Zero; 06-05-2017 at 08:09 AM.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting that one of the things that hit him the hardest ever was when his father told him he is too ugly to be on TV. Therefore he went on and did exactly that, becoming a celebrity! He uses a lot of Se though, even Si he uses a lot. It's strange.

Is Candince ESI? She seems slightly EII to me.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empineer View Post
    It's interesting that one of the things that hit him the hardest ever was when his father told him he is too ugly to be on TV. Therefore he went on and did exactly that, becoming a celebrity! He uses a lot of Se though, even Si he uses a lot. It's strange.

Is Candince ESI? She seems slightly EII to me.
    Heyyy welcome to the Forums, you should open an introduction thread on here if you like: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Introductions

How does he use Si? He says he hates relaxing and relaxing is the enemy of productivity.

Candice seems SLI to me. maybe EII. some delta introvert. but I see people mistaking their supervisor for their dual too often!

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw what is the LIE obsession with some specific gadgets? I have noticed it recently in every LIE I meet there is an obsession with tech stuff or things like bikes, skateboards, cars, drones, computers, sometimes shoes, etc. Even digital watches.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"It is easier to be mean, than it is to be nice. So mean people [...] are lazy and uninventive."
    Nice. I feel better now.
    *writes advice down*

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw peep notice the elongated nose and chin! stereotypical LIE things. also the ears.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Casey was too childish to be Gamma and has too strong of an Fe-focus (look at all this costumes). Hard to tell how much is real and how much is him playing to the audience. I always thought Alpha.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drommel View Post
    I always thought Casey was too childish to be Gamma and has too strong of an Fe-focus (look at all this costumes). Hard to tell how much is real and how much is him playing to the audience. I always thought Alpha.
    He is not childish he is stubborn Like when he left home at 15 since his mom told him: "do as I say or get out" and so he got out. I can't imagine an alpha saying "relaxing is the enemy of productivity" that is a gamma thing, and he is always talking about how to be more efficient and how to get more done in less time, how to be everywhere at the same time. and LIEs "can make themselves look alot more stupid than they really are just to make others laugh" and like playing the stand up comedian. have to cheer up the grumpy ESIs someway right?
    about the costumes, there was a phase when my SLI elder sister was depressed which made me feel like i should do something, so I wore funny clothes and went to her room or followed her all around the house to make her laugh. somehow like what IEE would do, but that also works with ESIs. I would make a fool out of myself just to get her out of bed and get going. the SLI would even get angry like "leave me alone" but i would keep doing it. once she got really mad since I cleaned the mess in her room and changed the place of everything. (see how Casey's studio looks messy but everything is well thought out and designed in a way to be more productive, mostly self-made) I would imitate my LSI dad in a ridiculous way so she would come out of that "bubble of sadness". sometimes I did it to cover my own sadness.. that is how it works for LIEs, we get energized by energizing others.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Zero I have an introduction already, if you can call it so.
    Their relationship seems dual though, or maybe semi-dual? She was quite excited in an Indian wedding. was nice

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting! never thought that way. I see a lot of Se though, no Fe or Fi

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I can't imagine an alpha saying "relaxing is the enemy of productivity" that is a gamma thing, and he is always talking about how to be more efficient and how to get more done in less time, how to be everywhere at the same time. .
    why is he running the Godfather movie on loop 24/7 then? on several big screens? where is the energy efficiency obsession? LSE for example does those crazy inefficient energy consumptions, but this one is slightly too much even for LSE

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does he use Si? He says he hates relaxing and relaxing is the enemy of productivity.!
    All those gadgets and devices and tools and stuff seems Si to me but the chain of logic I am using doesn't make much sense

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those gadgets and devices and tools and stuff seems Si to me but the chain of logic I am using doesn't make much sense
    what is the chain of logic that you're using?
    all those gadgets and stuff look more Te Ne Ni to me, maintaining them however is Si which Casey is terrible at. Look at how many cameras he broke and how hasty he is using his expensive equipment! He just destroys every gadget he has wanting to be so fast

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is he running the Godfather movie on loop 24/7 then? on several big screens? where is the energy efficiency obsession? LSE for example does those crazy inefficient energy consumptions, but this one is slightly too much even for LSE
    He has also read the autobiography of Malcolm X 3 times, 2 times in a row. Even though I think LIEs don't use emotional anchors as much as for example ESI would do, I have done it multiple times to watch/read/listen to something that motivates me to keep going. Maybe that is what keeps him going. and the energy efficiency is basically everywhere.
    really? do LSEs have those too? well it would be less than LIE's since LIE values Se

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their relationship seems dual though, or maybe semi-dual? She was quite excited in an Indian wedding. was nice
    Candice is jaded. ESI,EII,SLI are all jaded. but each in a different way

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their relationship is too unstable to be duality. They went out, broke up, got back together, got married on impulse, got divorced, then repeatedly got back together and broke up, until they got married again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He actually stole that from his mentor, Tom Sachs. Nearly all of Casey's studio and style is ripped off from Tom Sachs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and LIEs "can make themselves look alot more stupid than they really are just to make others laugh" and like playing the stand up comedian. have to cheer up the grumpy ESIs someway right?
    about the costumes, there was a phase when my SLI elder sister was depressed which made me feel like i should do something, so I wore funny clothes and went to her room or followed her all around the house to make her laugh. somehow like what IEE would do, but that also works with ESIs. I would make a fool out of myself just to get her out of bed and get going. the SLI would even get angry like "leave me alone" but i would keep doing it. once she got really mad since I cleaned the mess in her room and changed the place of everything. (see how Casey's studio looks messy but everything is well thought out and designed in a way to be more productive, mostly self-made) I would imitate my LSI dad in a ridiculous way so she would come out of that "bubble of sadness". sometimes I did it to cover my own sadness.. that is how it works for LIEs, we get energized by energizing others.
    An ESI does not depend upon a LIE to provide Fe. An ESI needs Te, which is what an LIE provides (Casey does not). An LIE would be annoyed at having to supply Fe.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He vibes like Quitin Tarantino a little bit.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ESI does not depend upon a LIE to provide Fe. An ESI needs Te, which is what an LIE provides (Casey does not). An LIE would be annoyed at having to supply Fe.
    What is Te to you exatly? Are you considering that LIEs have Fe as their role function?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Te to you exatly? Are you considering that LIEs have Fe as their role function?
    Examples of Fe are providing or provoking an emotional reaction. This is what you were describing. It isn't how an LIE behaves nor what an ESI seeks in others. Fe role in LIE doesn't change that.

Te is the accumulation of objective factual data. It's about what works. Te-Fi becomes robotic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about it, Casey seems to be Fe+Si. His entire life seems to be about racking up experiences. His day-to-day existence is about leaving an emotional impression on everyone. His lack of Ni is readily apparent.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Examples of Fe are providing or provoking an emotional reaction. This is what you were describing. It isn't how an LIE behaves nor what an ESI seeks in others. Fe role in LIE doesn't change that.

Te is the accumulation of objective factual data. It's about what works. Te-Fi becomes robotic.
    read stratiyevskaya's LIE ESI description and LIE description. most of my sentences about LIEs are copy pasted from those two. and how on earth is Jack London "robotic"?
    Last edited by Zero; 06-01-2017 at 08:56 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about it, Casey seems to be Fe+Si. His entire life seems to be about racking up experiences. His day-to-day existence is about leaving an emotional impression on everyone. His lack of Ni is readily apparent.
    racking up experiences is a dynamic trait not Fe+Si . it also largely depends on what exactly you mean by experiences. for example an experience for ESE can be meeting a group of fun people, no matter how useful these people are, while LIE will be bored if he is not learning anything from them or if those people are talking about things that are "useless" like gossiping. while casey's interactions with people are much shorter than an ESE's and he doesn't ask them any questions but "useful" ones.
    I don't see apparent lack of Ni at all. He constantly talks about "creating a company that will change the world" and is working on it too. ESEs never talk about such things in that way. their Ni painful is full of "what if" so they stay home attached to their family and friends instead of moving to another city at such a young age. "what if X and Y happen". That is Ni painful. LIE optimism is taking risks which ESEs also don't take and casey does, and hoping everything will turn out to be okay. Clearly he is Se valuing instead of Si valuing. Overall being as hasty as he is, he can not have Si as creative function.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought he was an LSI/SLE.... but most likely LSI bc he doesn't give me a "fluid" vibe. He def does seem governed by a judging function.. but all of his own organization and ways of doing things is for his own personal organization and logic. His methods are unconventional and almost silly.

He has very high Se to me. Very hands-on and adventurous but not in Se HA way. He is also playful and not serious really like at all----Fe Suggestive.
    In his vids he also will mention his feelings expressively especially when he is talking about his wife.
    He prioritizes sensory things; he is extremely focused on aesthetics and way less about sharing information. He is all about action. He does not really share information the way a Te user would imo at all.

Se all the way.

And, of course, the famous one.
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vertu LSI has a much much much much much easier time sitting on their asses than LIE
    and LSI is one of the possible LIE "mistyping"s
    But I see his Fe mentioned by 3 people now I can't ignore. maybe he has trained it more. but do you know Jeb Corliss? he is also LIE, some of what you relate to LSI is present in him.
    Btw LIE is also someone who does everything their own way, but it is not like LSIs. LSIs HATE taking risks due to Ne painful. How can Casey possibly be Ne painful? he doesn't ever do that "suspicious" look, he never panics over Ne related things. He is involved with his company, film making, vlogging simultaneously. and LSIs really don't spend that much money, they save, try not to break their stuff. I am not sure what you guys mean by the way a Te user would share information, he is making vlogs he can't talk about something that serious, people just won't like it. and he is obviously a democrat rather than aristocrat

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Zero I think situations that would reveal him to be Ne PolR wouldn't necessarily show in his carefully crafted videos. I definitely could see LIE I just was always thrown off by how nit-picky he is with his studio space (he even says he is OCD-like which I just naturally associate with TI-Dom lol maybe that's wrong). A lot of traits he demonstrates I just have always associated with Se-Ti. He jst seems to explain things based on his own internal logic it seems idk
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    @Zero I think situations that would reveal him to be Ne PolR wouldn't necessarily show in his carefully crafted videos. I definitely could see LIE I just was always thrown off by how nit-picky he is with his studio space (he even says he is OCD-like which I just naturally associate with TI-Dom lol maybe that's wrong). A lot of traits he demonstrates I just have always associated with Se-Ti. He jst seems to explain things based on his own internal logic it seems idk
    Oh one of the messiest people I have seen was a LII.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casey wants the world to impact him. He isn't trying to accomplish anything beyond Si experiences -- showering on an airplane, snowboarding on the streets of NYC, witnessing the shuttle launch. He regurgitates generic Fe platitudes -- "make it count," "do more." It isn't surprising before the vlog most of his income was from generic Tony Robin's-style motivational speaking. His pre-vlog career reflects his Si and Fe: He talks Nike into letting him make a commercial for them, spends the production budget traveling the world, and assembles it into a passable commercial that has nothing to do with Nike. In the Vietnam video, Casey said he loves sharing new experiences with his son. His ideal life is Si and Fe focused.

Casey's Ni is non-existent and has been his whole life. He does what he wants in the moment with no thought as to how it impacts the future. Gets a girl pregnant as a teenager, moves to New York City on impulse, marries Candice on impulse, spends money without a budget, and so on and so on. Notably, he encourages others to do the same. In a vlog, he encouraged others to move to New York without thinking about how'd they'd survive in the city, just focus on the immediate. This reflects his reasoning for why he moved there: He wanted the Si experience of New York, damn the consequences.

The inspiration or kinship that you feel with Casey and your self-typing as LIE is blinding you to his actual type. If you still don't think Casey is Si & Fe, sort his YouTube channel by popularity. That's not a list of Gamma videos.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casey wants the world to impact him. He isn't trying to accomplish anything beyond Si experiences -- showering on an airplane, snowboarding on the streets of NYC, witnessing the shuttle launch. He regurgitates generic Fe platitudes -- "make it count," "do more." It isn't surprising before the vlog most of his income was from generic Tony Robin's-style motivational speaking. His pre-vlog career reflects his Si and Fe: He talks Nike into letting him make a commercial for them, spends the production budget traveling the world, and assembles it into a passable commercial that has nothing to do with Nike. In the Vietnam video, Casey said he loves sharing new experiences with his son. His ideal life is Si and Fe focused.

Casey's Ni is non-existent and has been his whole life. He does what he wants in the moment with no thought as to how it impacts the future. Gets a girl pregnant as a teenager, moves to New York City on impulse, marries Candice on impulse, spends money without a budget, and so on and so on. Notably, he encourages others to do the same. In a vlog, he encouraged others to move to New York without thinking about how'd they'd survive in the city, just focus on the immediate. This reflects his reasoning for why he moved there: He wanted the Si experience of New York, damn the consequences.

The inspiration or kinship that you feel with Casey and your self-typing as LIE is blinding you to his actual type. If you still don't think Casey is Si & Fe, sort his YouTube channel by popularity. That's not a list of Gamma videos.
    Even if he is not LIE, and maybe he is too impulsive and expressive in his emotions since he has chosen to be a film maker, for some reason you are not seeing his strong Se which is so obvious, none of the things you mentioned about Si are surely an Si thing. New York is amazing but not because of "having Si experience" , but because of how many opportunities and options it has, how many useful and interesting people live in it and the "functioning/working" vibe it gives. Maybe his Se is stronger than Ni and he is not LIE but first of all I am not that fund of anyone to actually come and "advertise" them being the same type as me and secondly I have no problem to agree to disagree but you have no right to judge me as "blind" while I have brought facts and all you do is insist on your own opinion without reading more about it or bringing different reasoning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't matter what New York is or isn't to you or anyone else, it matters why Casey decided to move there and what it means to him. For him, New York wasn't about availing himself of opportunities, it was about the experience of New York as an ends itself. New York, for Casey, is the goal, not a tool used to obtain a larger goal. This is reflected in how he talks about New York to others. He wants you to be there, experiencing it with him.

You're right that New York is amazing because of the ever-expanding options it provides and Casey agrees, which speaks to his Ne-valuing and against Se-valuing. Casey doesn't seem to generate Ne himself but values it in others and the world around him. New York is there for Casey, presenting him with new Ne inputs for his Si to consume.

I think you're confusing Casey's motivational speaking-style Fe for Se. His positive "Do more!" is directed at the emotional impact it has instead of towards an actual goal. "Do more!" means different things to different types. In Casey's life, "Do more!" seems to mean experience more, not accomplish more. Go new places, try new things, do more Si! In most of his work, he subverts the goal of the project so he can do more -- travel somewhere, try something, experience something new. That's Ne/Si valuing, not Se.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the videos alone he's clear narrative imo, LIE is probably right and also agree with the vague Tarantino impression.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find Casey gross which means I pretty much agree with Drommel that he's ESE

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aw @Bertrand, i'm no fan either but he can still be LIE > else

Dichotomy-wise i'd had narrative and decisive; it's likely not a bad typing for him imo

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a lot of it is probably colored by twin peaks, its hard for me to separate the two (the grossness of the character v the man); its not a fair assessment I admit, but it does nevertheless feel that way

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Casey Neistat really, really reminds me of my brother-in-law. They even look alike. I've never been able to type him.

He married my ex-wife's half sister, who I think might be a fairly passive IEE. (She wants to get along with everyone, but seems very delta and obedient. I can't get a good typing fix on her, either. Are they too far away from Gamma?) He worked as a Jr. High School principal, "because that's the time you can really influence kids". He and his wife home schooled their daughter, who is very smart but is now socially many years behind her peers. He decided to take a teaching job in China just for the hell of it, and moved his family there for a few years, and then up and moved them again to Saipan, and then moved them again to Lithuania. The daughter bailed and is in San Francisco.

One Christmas, I was wracking my brain for something to give him, and my ex said he collects stamps, so I gave him some stamps I picked up in Turkey and he nearly wet his pants when he got them. I associate stamp-collecting with Ti.

Personally, I don't find the guy bad or evil, just irritating. But I have no idea what type he is. He does stay constantly busy with whatever. In family get-togethers, he and I never interacted much. Just nothing to say to each other. Plus, he would flit-flit-flit and seemed really prissy to me, and that's not my ideal buddy.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what the hell Adam, just guess you gotta give us something

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

He's ok. Entertaining, but kind of annoying.

Not a Gamma.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're confusing Casey's motivational speaking-style Fe for Se. His positive "Do more!" is directed at the emotional impact it has instead of towards an actual goal. "Do more!" means different things to different types. In Casey's life, "Do more!" seems to mean experience more, not accomplish more. Go new places, try new things, do more Si! In most of his work, he subverts the goal of the project so he can do more -- travel somewhere, try something, experience something new. That's Ne/Si valuing, not Se.
    I see what you mean now, getting a tattoo saying "do more " is more emotional impact than anything . I don't get the Si vibe from him about loving New York because I sympathize with him about loving it. I see it in a way Elon Musk for example dreamed of moving to America because it had more opportunities and by that I don't mean Ne feeding Si, I mean opportunities for future, not just to experience. I also watched a video of him in Amsterdam, visiting the place he proposed to Candace , breaking his hand, etc, I don't think a gamma would be that "light". Once a ILE on forums described gammas as heavy and serious, which is the vibe everyone almost immediately gets but Casey didn't give me that vibe at all in that video. Actually he is not LIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast