Thread: LSIs/ISTjs and sets of subjective rules

TIM
    LSI 6w5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs and sets of subjective rules

As a likely LSI I often get told by my gf I got absurd rules in my head. And I realized it's kind of true. I act quite coherently and consistently follow such "rules". She perceives neutrally those such as acting politely towards everybody, but she pretty much hates some of the others. For example I don't show affection in public places. She's very passionate, and she doesn't care if there's people around. She just hugs and kisses me. And I'm like (while staying cold like a piece of ice) "Stop. This isn't proper" and she gets offended and says I reject her. I don't understand why she still feels rejected since she already knows I'm like this.
    I expect her to follow some of these rules too. For example once she dressed in a too provocative way to go to a church ceremony. She asked me "am I beautiful?" and I was like "you know exactly what I think" in disdain. At least I've become way more flexible since I'm in this relationship. In the past I would have said "change your dress" and be persistent about it. Now I just say something if she asks me, but I try to let go.
    I know my behaviour sounds terrible, but I don't force her. I just state my opinion in a honest way. My reasoning is "I got my rules. She can act otherwise but I'll never change them in my head. If they're too annoying for her she's always free to leave".

I have had such traits since I was a child. When I was 12 or something I told my sister she shouldn't make a piercing on her tongue. I pretty much stayed in front of the door while she continued beating me. In the end she got to the outside and made her piercing. She regretted it after a few weeks. I also always told her to dress properly. I've always perceived my parents as too soft.

I don't like being like this. Everybody hates me for this and they're probably right. I just have grown up like this. My dad has always talked shit about such looks, and my mother was quite conservative too. I've always been a rule enforcer. I would like to change but I just can't. Inside of me when I notice something I should correct I just feel a strong push to act.

In politics I've always wanted rules to be applied in a firmer way. I hate speeches about flexibility and accepting illegal immigration and such. In school too. Teachers have always been soft on undisciplined fools.

I often feel obsolete. Or maybe the world is out of control.

Have you had similar experiences as a LSI or do you know LSIs who act similarly?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE categorize things of the external structure
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many LSIs are very similar. Generally, the less XSIs are able to see beyond the horizon metaphorically, the more rules they seem to put in place although they may not express them. The number of rules seem to lessen drastically as they gain confidence in their own abilities but some XSIs never do discard the regimentation to which they've become accustomed. One can often see this behaviour in some SXEs but their explorer-like natures tend to override much of the urge......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE-Fe or IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very much alike as child and I think that interations with SLI ("Rest more!"), ESE ("I adore you, let's enjoy and be nicer!"), IEI-s ("You fine, do what you want, why not?") and SEE ("Let be nicer to others, thay may be useful in future") helped me to stop be so ridiculously strict. And that is a good thing because in descriptions of LSI-EIE duality it is clear that EIE do not want LSI to be all about Ti. There was a story about wife (EIE) and LSI husband who didn't punt her before his apparents because he was so obedient to them. And a couple other examples like that, never ends well. Ti is most splendid function but Se, Ni and Fe are also important.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    "I got my rules. She can act otherwise but I'll never change them in my head. If they're too annoying for her she's always free to leave".
    I think the most attractive in LSI (well, LSI men at least) is their will to fight and not let go. If you are so indifferent then I apologise for being so honest but you may not be with a right person. I mean you may like her a lot but if you would really let her leave you may subconsciously feel that it is not who you want to spend life with. LSI jealous and possessiveness with desired person are beyond control. I have one obvious LSI-Ti friend and with all his imperturbability he almost drank himself to death after girl left him (months of such activities), even knowing she wasn't objectively so splendid. But he WANTED HER. I would burn half of the world for these few I truly like. And yet I'm sure I use Ti. Just the rule number one is "who I love before anything". Then we will make world better but together. The idea of LSI-EIE duality is to create a niche of their rules. Would be great to implement them wider but world is big and people so stupid, so we must start with perfecting ourselves and our closest environment. On strangers we may manage to have an influence or not. We will try, however it is (as you said about your gf) their choice if they adhere. We may only pity them from a point of our superiority if they don't. LSI is aristocracy, remember - you and your (chosen) closest ones will be always sort of above. And noblesse oblige; both to have high standards and class, to be forgiving with others more than with yourself. Socionics actually should give you a clue that people may differ a lot and you can not change them profoundly. Not everybody will be like you. Gahter around those who are and instead of changing all the world change your piece of it.

If your gf is EIE, then she is EIE-Ni and you better develop quick to match HER. If.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Makes sense tho, right.

LSI is the cops and rule-holders of Beta. IEI is too idealistic/romantic to be that way, SLE is fun-loving but too inherently corrupt/perverted, and EIEs are too much like coked up drag queens. Your job is to hunt and kill all the evil criminal IEEs that try to get away with their two faced manipulative charms. And it is very much a Ti valuing thing.

Tho you also value Fe, and Fe is like always nudging the Ti to 'lighten up' so makes sense that you would feel somewhat guilty about it.

I remember sitting next to this LSI in math class that was very cop-ish but in a weird way that I also liked as yeah, like anybody else I usually don't like cops but I kinda liked his way of copping or something.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happen when there's no LSI in Beta?

There's be a lot unnecessary damage that cause by SLE and EIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsfPqHgEbGA
    Inspector - the stabilizer of quadra beta. His mission in society is LS - structural logic and comfort sensing. It turns out the Logic of comfort. Therefore, the task or, it may be said, supertask of the Inspector in society is to create an order that provides comfort and stability.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by karas; 05-19-2019 at 05:40 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As a likely LSI I often get told by my gf I got absurd rules in my head. And I realized it's kind of true. I act quite coherently and consistently follow such "rules". She perceives neutrally those such as acting politely towards everybody, but she pretty much hates some of the others. For example I don't show affection in public places. She's very passionate, and she doesn't care if there's people around. She just hugs and kisses me. And I'm like (while staying cold like a piece of ice) "Stop. This isn't proper" and she gets offended and says I reject her. I don't understand why she still feels rejected since she already knows I'm like this.
    I expect her to follow some of these rules too. For example once she dressed in a too provocative way to go to a church ceremony. She asked me "am I beautiful?" and I was like "you know exactly what I think" in disdain. At least I've become way more flexible since I'm in this relationship. In the past I would have said "change your dress" and be persistent about it. Now I just say something if she asks me, but I try to let go.
    I know my behaviour sounds terrible, but I don't force her. I just state my opinion in a honest way. My reasoning is "I got my rules. She can act otherwise but I'll never change them in my head. If they're too annoying for her she's always free to leave".

I have had such traits since I was a child. When I was 12 or something I told my sister she shouldn't make a piercing on her tongue. I pretty much stayed in front of the door while she continued beating me. In the end she got to the outside and made her piercing. She regretted it after a few weeks. I also always told her to dress properly. I've always perceived my parents as too soft.

I don't like being like this. Everybody hates me for this and they're probably right. I just have grown up like this. My dad has always talked shit about such looks, and my mother was quite conservative too. I've always been a rule enforcer. I would like to change but I just can't. Inside of me when I notice something I should correct I just feel a strong push to act.

In politics I've always wanted rules to be applied in a firmer way. I hate speeches about flexibility and accepting illegal immigration and such. In school too. Teachers have always been soft on undisciplined fools.

Have you had similar experiences as a LSI or do you know LSIs who act similarly?
    Nothing you said there underscores Ti-lead. Rather, you are 1w9 sp/so....the contemptuous-rigid gestalt.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a very funny thing breaking LSIs rules. Usually they just go on and make better ones.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a prig is independent of being an LSI.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sense of what's appropriate/inappropriate and shoulds and whatnot exists among a fuckton of people and can have many origins. I doubt that it's as strongly correlated with Ti base as you think.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

why do you type as a 6 and not a 1?
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty into being appropriate for situations as are many types, especially other types like ExxJ types things like dressing appropriately for church can be a huge deal to them. I like to present a good image to people at the right times if I can. So I'm not sure if it's solely an LSI thing. Maybe with your rules you're coming from a different place and different frame of mind. I'm not particularly into PDA either; I think it's tacky and gauche honestly. It reminds me of teenagers. Holding hands, a quick kiss - that's really sweet. But full on making out? Not a fan unless I was like on the beach or something.

HOWEVER something that seems more LSI-ish or at least something I think most intuitive ethical types wouldn't bother putting their foot down on is the stubborn banning of tongue piercings to the point that you stood in the door lol. Basically people are often going to just do what they want anyway. I like to enforce my will but only up to a point and then I am all about harm reduction and less about arbitrary rules that mean nothing because they're pointless! In the end how do most of these "rules" make the world a better place, etc?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    HOWEVER something that seems more LSI-ish or at least something I think most intuitive ethical types wouldn't bother putting their foot down on is the stubborn banning of tongue piercings to the point that you stood in the door lol.
    piercing, tatoos - is more about Se valued types. LSE would like it lesser than LSI.
    in values - Fe/Ti is about to fit social norms. also P types are lesser strict in any rules

> Basically people are often going to just do what they want anyway.

also they want to inspire good emotions to them what often needs to fit the norms and wishes of others

> arbitrary rules that mean nothing because they're pointless

in general, norms is what the most people prefer to see in others

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does sound LSI. Just remember to have some mercy on people. It's not the end of the world if someone breaks a rule one time. If you think about what would actually go wrong it's usually not that bad. Like you said, your sister regretted it but she could always let the piercing close up and heal, right?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have weird rules like this but they are less strict, and I either keep them to myself or express them in a way unlikely to bother the person like making low-stakes remarks or jokes about it. It's usually not something to get worked up over, and I tend to see red or just don't interact in the first place if it is. Learning to see past yourself is difficult when you think this way, something you have to work on.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    piercing, tatoos - is more about *Piercing and tattoos is more valued by Se in Russia Se valued types. LSE would like it lesser than LSI.
    s
    There fixed that for you.

Tattoos are common among all types in North America.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Tattoos are common among all types in North America.
    Si valued types do not like to harm own bodies with random pictures. We value beauty in general and natural aesthetics higher.
    There is no significant beauty in those pictures on the skin. People make them for other - to express themselves, to make them look differently, etc. Though, some weak Si ones may suppose alike a leg looks prettier with a black label of text or with a picture of a butterfly.

The more tatoos you see - the lesser possibly it's Si or Si valued human.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lol you sound like you are not compatible with each other. you have your boundaries which in turn makes her feel rejected. theres no way to win.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti isn't necessarily about rules. That said, what you write here sounds more like conservative morality than anything rules-related.

I do think LSIs have a socially-oriented intelligence, but their own political and social views differ greatly from one LSI to another, some may be individualists, others collectivists and so forth, usually in both cases, because of how they see themselves in society.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All rules are subjective.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physically blocking someone from doing what they want to do to their own body. Whew~ Yep, I'd want to knock you out, too, but it'd be for acting entitled to interfere with my free will / autonomy. Those close to me know I don't put up with people controlling me this way, though. Someone like this would not last long enough to be in my friendship circle. I'd filter/cut them out too fast.

Is being a control freak really Ti? This compulsion to control sounds like a topic to present to therapists, not typists. It's a little extreme.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 04-12-2022 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even read the original post lol wtf. I hope OP grew out of that, that's way too controlling to be considered healthy.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

— controlling about what someone wears, but it seems there was improvement

— "my way or the highway" ...you say they're free to act otherwise, but your actions say something different. Physically blocking someone from getting a piercing is not "free to act otherwise."

I have had such traits since I was a child. When I was 12 or something I told my sister she shouldn't make a piercing on her tongue. I pretty much stayed in front of the door while she continued beating me. In the end she got to the outside and made her piercing. She regretted it after a few weeks. I also always told her to dress properly.
    — controlling what people wear again, others have a right to their autonomous choices regardless of what the fuck you think about them

— Compulsion to control

I often feel obsolete.
    — Yeah, bc we no longer live in a world where men have a right to tell women what to wear, how to act, "or get out" ... at least in healthier countries.

ARTICLE ABOUT CONTROL ISSUES

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I acted honestly most of the time I'd say I'm pretty much like that but the thing is, I realize trying to force people into rules generally get the opposite effect and make them more rebel. The girlfriend thing is very true, women often feel abondoned by that kind of behavior even though it's not rejection. Display of affection in public is very weird for Ti (LSI/LII) in general.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardware Punk View Post
    Ti isn't necessarily about rules.
    I'd say it's about logical consistency. Some person behaves a certain way their whole lives and all of the sudden decide to change, that bothers rationals, specially Ti.