Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are intuitive children more likely to be afraid of the dark?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You have to stop thinking that Fi is some kind of a universally "kind" element.
    Not universally, but base Fi have high compassion, all Fi types have it good. What you've described clearly reminds "beta style", more STs of beta. Besides theory, I communicated with ESI to understand what they can. Base Fi are very kind people (in my understanding and perception of this, at least). Such cruelty is doubtful for them. It's possible (as everything) for ESI, but with low probability.

> I guess you have to believe this if you are going to end up with an ESI now.

Seems I go there. And not me started this. Family "tradition" and some circumstances. Formally I'm still choosing, there are no relations but I feel them in the closest timeline (this year), and seems my heart supports this. Ni-imagination may mislead me, though. If it's not "just dreams" and as I'm idiot in F region this may lead to a marriage with almost unknown woman with understandable issues of semi-duality. *sigh*

> She didn't know any other way and thought she was doing the right thing.

A girl which I typed to EII said that to heal her shyness her farther send her to boxing training. I think it's same firm "beta style": if he'll survive it - good, not - also good. Damn stupid behaviorists-amateurs.

> I think she had a sadistic streak because of what she went through.

To be sadistic for base Fi is like to don't care about objective facts and truth for base Te, or to don't like fantasy for base Ni. It's almost impossible. That someone made her pain in childhood can't change the type's essence.

> If I had asked my mother earlier I would have gotten a better understanding, in my native language

What is your native language?

> She walked in the house and her grandmother was just sitting there.

You have interesting family. Mysticism of my ancestors (which ones I know) is limited by grandmother which liked to tell fortunes by playing cards (like seems many do) and her farther which played a little with witchcraft. There was probably a line with many priests, as one of my ancestors lines could be close to head of Russian church since 17th century (some were his guards, others could be priests using this familiarity - not bad "job" for those times).

> I don't have a problem with you, my sister, or my mom, calling it god since that is only a word people use for source energy or stuff they call "mysterious" and don't understand.

Energy, information, power, - anything you may imagine and to believe in. God in monotheism is used in the sense of Creator - the source of creation, of everything. All understanding is only model which is comfortable to use for our kind of monkeys. We'll get more knowledge and will evolve, our understanding will be changing until we are.
    God conception is just practically useful. You may decline it, while you'd could to get profit from it.

> People can form their own opinions based on their own experience.

sure. you may try this model and such to get new experience

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Not universally, but base Fi have high compassion, all Fi types have it good. What you've described clearly reminds "beta style", more STs of beta. Besides theory, I communicated with ESI to understand what they can. Base Fi are very kind people (in my understanding and perception of this, at least). Such cruelty is doubtful for them. It's possible (as everything) for ESI, but with low probability.

> I guess you have to believe this if you are going to end up with an ESI now.

Seems I go there. And not me started this. Family "tradition" and some circumstances. Formally I'm still choosing, there are no relations but I feel them in the closest timeline (this year), and seems my heart supports this. Ni-imagination may mislead me, though. If it's not "just dreams" and as I'm idiot in F region this may lead to a marriage with almost unknown woman with understandable issues of semi-duality. *sigh*

> She didn't know any other way and thought she was doing the right thing.

A girl which I typed to EII said that to heal her shyness her farther send her to boxing training. I think it's same firm "beta style": if he'll survive it - good, not - also good. Damn stupid behaviorists-amateurs.

> I think she had a sadistic streak because of what she went through.

To be sadistic for base Fi is like to don't care about objective facts and truth for base Te, or to don't like fantasy for base Ni. It's almost impossible. That someone made her pain in childhood can't change the type's essence.

> If I had asked my mother earlier I would have gotten a better understanding, in my native language

What is your native language?

> She walked in the house and her grandmother was just sitting there.

You have interesting family. Mysticism of my ancestors (which ones I know) is limited by grandmother which liked to tell fortunes by playing cards (like seems many do) and her farther which played a little with witchcraft. There was probably a line with many priests, as one of my ancestors lines could be close to head of Russian church since 17th century (some were his guards, others could be priests using this familiarity - not bad "job" for those times).

> I don't have a problem with you, my sister, or my mom, calling it god since that is only a word people use for source energy or stuff they call "mysterious" and don't understand.

Energy, information, power, - anything you may imagine and to believe in. God in monotheism is used in the sense of Creator - the source of creation, of everything. All understanding is only model which is comfortable to use for our kind of monkeys. We'll get more knowledge and will evolve, our understanding will be changing until we are.
    God conception is just practically useful. You may decline it, while you'd could to get profit from it.

> People can form their own opinions based on their own experience.

sure. you may try this model and such to get new experience
    My native language is Greek. I do not have reason to argue your ideas of god so I have nothing to say in response to that. I don't think we are talking about anything very different since you are not preaching hell and damnation to me and your source is not very similar to the one of the bible I took issue with. I actually think it is pretty cool that you are more open to stuff of that nature. Kind of surprised me at first.

I do not agree with your take on ESI though. I have met kind and cruel ESI so I hope you meet the former since the latter might crush you because you will be caught unaware. I think you disregard how upbringing and early life experience can impact someone's personality and character. I would suggest you reconsider outside your narrow definitions but you are going to do what you do. You refuse, for example, to take @summerprincess own words when typing her. What if she told you she has done cruel things? Would you still type her EII? I suspect you would make some kind of excuse for it in her case since you have decided she is the only dual you have on this forum with certainty.

Description by V. Meged and A. Ovcharov

Appearance

The sensory subtype is quite strict, critical, and ironic. Categorical in conclusions and uncompromising in decisions. Internally sensitive and emotional, but tries to appear as strong, cold, and self-assured person. Serious, guarded, and private. Conservative in his tastes and habits. Diligent in work, though sometimes he lacks in attention and perseverance to complete his assignments. At times seems unapproachable, arrogant, and prickly. His gaze is piercing. His face sometimes assumes a guarded expression. Well-wishing and attentive, but keeps at a distance from others. Quite undemonstrative. Dislikes it when his appearance is inspected; afraid of external evaluations. Takes care of his looks, dresses elegantly, with taste and a bit of strictness. If he is confident in his appearance, may allow himself to wear additional accessories. His gait is often hammering.

Character

Stubborn, firm, and uncompromising in matters that are of importance to him. Strong-willed and enduring. Industrious and venturesome. Energetic and quick in handling practical matters. Can do several things at once, showing extraordinary work ethic and efficiency. From time to time, needs an emotional discharge. Difficult life situations invigorate him and stimulate him to search for quick solutions and exits out of current circumstances. With difficulty takes the initiative in making new acquaintances and establishing new contacts, but usually takes the first steps in breaking off relations that have run their course. Observant and clever, at the right time can hit the weakest spot of his opponent. To good and poor treatment answers with the same. Has a tendency to divide people into "his own" and "others".

Seems somewhat inaccessible, vigilant, and alert. Dislikes it when someone puts his qualities to an evaluation because internally he is not fully confident in himself. Intolerant of those who are lazy, slovenly, and disingenuous. Does not forgive rudeness and tactlessness, which may even serve as a reason to break up relations for him. In a company of unfamiliar or unpleasant people, he feels constrained and may choose to leave quietly. Does not like unexpected visitors, quickly becomes tired of them. At times he is overly distrustful and suspicious of others.

In conversation with people tries to determine their abilities and possibilities for future practical application in some area. Tries to evaluate people objectively, regardless of his sympathies for them. Often possesses good administrative skills. In his decisions seeks to rely on factual information.In a circle of close people, he is usually talkative, makes jokes, sometimes asks tricky questions, inclined to play pranks and set up ruses; attempts to entertain others. Subordinates his emotions to the situation: he is cheerful among those who are cheerful and serious among those who are serious. Defends and upholds ethical standards. Selflessly protects his own interests and interest of people who are close to him. Able to make others subjugate to his will. In difficult situations, readily lends his help to others and offers his services. Tries not to show his anger and spite openly, but not everyone can withstand his penetrating, prickly gaze.

Places high demands on himself. Quickly adapts to new circumstances if he finds them favorable. Poorly tolerates ambivalence and hesitation. Finds it difficult to wait for resolution of important for him questions. Often fluctuates in selection of a goal, but at a critical moment he can make the right decision. Poorly feels the progression of time; due to this, grows nervous getting ready for anything, feels anxious that he won't make it on time. Feels worried concerning upcoming changes, for example, when he has to take a trip. Cherishes stability, supports conventions of his own circle. Somewhat suspicious and skeptical.

A good economist, able to efficiently handle his finances, dislikes being in debt. Easily takes the initiative in concrete and practical activities, can even be assertive and imposing. Intolerant of irresponsibility and disorganization. Often possesses a developed aesthetic taste and dresses originally. Clean and neat, and demands the same from others. Finds it difficult to discern individual capabilities and hidden motives of others; due to this can have problems with his work colleagues, family members and children.

Description by Victor Gulenko

Characterized by luxury in their close circles, Can even be aggressive if people do not agree with them. Dutiful, active and hardy. In conflict situations is never the first to seek reconciliation. Can lead groups well enough, maintain discipline and order, and apply sanctions to those misbehaving. Demonstrate affection through their eyes. Businesslike and purposeful, gravitates towards administrative activity. Can give rebuff and marshal, if that creates a mafia-like structure, since they will easily recognize the results of this activity. Prefers a prestigious style of clothing, sometimes in bright, but unexciting tones.

Sexual behavior

Emotional yet restrained in expressing feelings. Capable of taking initiative if their partner finds it difficult, but only if partner will confidently reciprocate. Have many concealed complexes, which they find difficult to free themselves from; because of these they may seem cold in regards to their erotic feelings. Require both romantic and practical proofs of love, and an emotionally confident partner. Need a flexible, dynamic person, capable of removing suspicion and influencing the favorable outcome of events.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a kid when I spent the night at my grandparents house the guest bed was on a frame (my bed at home was a mattress with no frame) and I was convinced that skeletons were hiding under the bed at night. I thought that every time I blinked the skeletons would crawl out from underneath the bed at high speed and hover over me and wave their arms and wiggle their fingers, and as soon as I opened my eyes they had to have shot back under the bed. It didn't occur to me that there would be no room for skeletons because there was storage under the bed at all times. I had a night light in the same room and thought the stuffed chimpanzee was going to come to life and harm me. I also thought that the house creaking was robbers and bad guys breaking in.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have two younger sisters, and when we were kids, I'd play tricks on them, as older brothers are wont to do. We are three and six years apart, and the youngest one is LII.
    When I was about fourteen and she was eight, my youngest sister had her own room, and at night, she'd turn out the room light by the door before crossing the room and climbing into bed. One night, I hid under her bed and waited for her to turn out the light and walk across the room to her bed. When she was standing next to the bed, I reached out and grabbed both of her ankles and pressed them to the floor so she couldn't move.

I can't remember exactly what happened after that, but I think it involved a lot of screaming. Lol.

She told me a few years ago that to this day, she gets into bed by leaping at it from several feet away.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I was never afraid of the dark. The "dark" generally meant being outside under the stars, and they have been my familiar guide posts ever since I can remember. The darker it is, the better I can see them.

The one time I can remember being scared of things which were not there, I had just seen a late night showing of Jurassic Park, and got out of the movie theater in the middle of the lonely night. For some weird reason, I expected to find raptors around every corner. This fear persisted even when I got home. I carefully entered the house, on the watch for raptors. Lol. I absolutely knew the fear was irrational, and I absolutely had that fear at the same time.

This incident of unreasoned fear as an adult, combined with me being an e8, may mean that I have suppressed the childhood memories of lots of scary things. IDK. Normally, I just don't worry about this stuff.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-17-2017 at 03:04 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I've done some hiking alone in the wilderness. It had a strong impact on me psychologically. The fact that I was in an environment totally cut off from civilization and culture and no other human beings. It was a lot harder than I'd thought. There are some rational factors like wild animals and risk of getting lost, but the unconscious irrational factor of that kind of environment is more subtle and scary I think. It doesn't sound that bad when talking about it but when in that actual situation it takes some time getting used to it. At least for me.
    Ohhh I can imagine that picks up on that

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My native language is Greek
    So your parents are frome Greece and from "Orthodox" christianity similar to Russian one. It's charming.

> I don't think we are talking about anything very different since you are not preaching hell and damnation to me and your source is not very similar to the one of the bible I took issue with.

Today christianity is a mess of strange and contradictory believes. But the Bible describes the same Creator (with some additions from peoples), so the "source" is same. His concept I've taken from New Testament. If you've gotten problems it was more from people, not from God (he has unconditional love to everyone). Damnation? As I understand the responsibility and the link between all people then I prefer to don't hate (it's not easy often).

> I do not agree with your take on ESI though. I have met kind and cruel ESI so I hope you meet the former since the latter might crush you because you will be caught unaware.

I may only hope my instincts will not mistake. It's almost impossible to think when you have feelings and see feelings to yourself from dual/semi-dual. While feelings will appear long befor I'll can to understand the woman good enough.

I think most people (80%) are close to standard of types essence. While others may to be in contradictory balance. Like base Fi type may to have non-types personality deviation (inborn or/and from environments/conditions) of high level of "egocentrism", what leads to rising of sociopathy traits (easy to lie, reduced empathy, impulsivity, etc.) Base Fi will stay kind in such situation, but more of his behavior/thinking/feeling may be uncommon and he'll feel often sorrow for what he is and did, stable internal conflict.
    As the behavior of your aunt is strange for ESI, then in case she had no evident high level of neurotization, then ESI is very doubtful. Also ESI would say sorry not at end of life, but rather soon - to calm you, to keep good relations. I think the probability of beta T type is much higher there, than any of Fi one.

> I think you disregard how upbringing and early life experience can impact someone's personality and character.

There are stable things like basic base function traits. It's much easier to assume the other type, than behavior so terribly differeing from nature of the type. Compassion is Fi region. While close LSI, or SLE - could easily.

> What if she told you she has done cruel things?

For typing is more important what is common. Also non-types factors, circumstances, and the degree of that "cruel" can be not so cruel in my perception than in her tender psyche.
    While I see that her style of talking differs from P types, her avatar style is too "sweet" for INFP/ENFJ and nonverbal stays no place for IEI.

> I suspect you would make some kind of excuse for it in her case since you have decided she is the only dual you have on this forum with certainty.

The only typed such with assurance here. There are may to be others, but without video I can't be sure.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I have two younger sisters, and when we were kids, I'd play tricks on them, as older brothers are wont to do. We are three and six years apart, and the youngest one is LII.
    When I was about fourteen and she was eight, my youngest sister had her own room, and at night, she'd turn out the room light by the door before crossing the room and climbing into bed. One night, I hid under her bed and waited for her to turn out the light and walk across the room to her bed. When she was standing next to the bed, I reached out and grabbed both of her ankles and pressed them to the floor so she couldn't move.

I can't remember exactly what happened after that, but I think it involved a lot of screaming. Lol.

She told me a few years ago that to this day, she gets into bed by leaping at it from several feet away.
    that's a horrible thing you did

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    what is your TIM?
    LSE

> the same thing you said here, I was told by an ESI

For Te/Fi types the empathy (as Fi related) is higher important.
    Sex makes empathy better - higher emotions, more concentration on the other one, you synchronise yourself (like in a dance) what makes easier to tune to other, you are in trance and subconsciousness activity is lesser supressed. It's a way to understand the other better indeed, - the borders between your minds become thiner, your subconsciousnesses intensify informational change, your minds unite (not only bodies). You make more of exchange by energy/information during this - sex is a kind of communication, in some sense. Also check my message there.

> to which I responded with doubt

you may think about this as intuitive way of informational exchange

> asked how can one know about another person's soul

telepathy. same like you may feel emotions of other people important to you, while they are many km from you. you could to read like mothers felt irrational anxiety when something seriously bad happened with their children, when people felt strangely when such happened with the ones they loved. generally this communication is not conscious, but it is at anyone. all people are permanently linked like in one mind field

"This feeling of being united with another person is a completely fantastic. We know that in a normal state a person can not feel the feelings of other person, experience them, and only at the apogee of strong love there is a strange psychological mirage, when different "selfs" disappear, merge into each other, and people become psychological androgynes... His interests, his concerns become yours... it's as if part of your "soul" moved to the body of another person, merged with his nerves, and now you feel his feelings the same way as own" (Y. Ryurikov "Three attractions", M., 1968, p. 157)
    Last edited by Sol; 10-17-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally speaking, the only time the dark can scare me is when I'm in an area like the forest or an abandoned building lol. When I was little, I had an overreactive imagination, but the darkness never really bothered me? I mean... I was the type of kid who loved hanging out in the attic alone, especially at night. I think it purely depends on the beliefs children were brought up on tbh.
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I'm actually afraid of the dark specially when I'm alone because i have wild imaginations.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never afraid of the dark, I was more or less afraid of real people going postal in a public place and killing me.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now,I'm no longer afraid of the dark when I'm alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12