TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another type me video: Beware sssloooowww talking

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hox...ew?usp=sharing

This is a whopping 25-minute video in which I answer a measly 6 questions from one of the forum questionnaires. I have answered more questions, but I wouldn't dare make my worst enemy listen to me talking nonsense for 49 minutes. I guess I'll make the other half available to whatever masochistic soul visits this thread and decides it might be worth it (if anyone will even bother listening to the first one, that is.)

My deepest thank-you's to anyone who poorly decides to sit through this slog. May you at least find comfort in my hilarious attempts to pronounce your language.

Edit: Geez, it takes so much time to download it. I'm sorry everyone, I fucked up

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From VI that would be most likely LIE, if not maybe LII but less likely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Oh I’m sorry, I forgot about that. Maybe I will re-record the remaining questions (trying to be more concise lol) without glasses.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with @falsehope. Watched about thirty seconds, waiting for answers to the questionnaire.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    From VI that would be most likely LIE, if not maybe LII but less likely.
    LII is actually one of the two types I mention at the beginning as the ones I consider most likely. I find LIE to be an interesting suggestion because Gamma is the only quadra I have literally never considered - and I think some of my answers to the questions point away from me being Ni ego, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree with @falsehope. Watched about thirty seconds, waiting for answers to the questionnaire.
    I think I’m missing something here; the video is me answering some questions from one of the forum questionnaires.
    Perhaps it would be more convenient if I continued answering the rest in written form?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    LII is actually one of the two types I mention at the beginning as the ones I consider most likely. I find LIE to be an interesting suggestion because Gamma is the only quadra I have literally never considered - and I think some of my answers to the questions point away from me being Ni ego, at least IMO.

I think I’m missing something here; the video is me answering some questions from one of the forum questionnaires.
    Perhaps it would be more convenient if I continued answering the rest in written form?
    Sorry. I had the sound off and just glanced at it for VI. Just ignore me, thanks.

I'll take a closer look at it later.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put it on Youtube.

And, 25 minutes is more like the bare minimum when it comes to typing videos. An hour is preferable. (You'd have to be really obnoxious for me to not want to watch your typing video.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From first glance looking at the video
    I would say ENTj

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NAWTEASE View Post
    From first glance looking at the video
    I would say ENTj
    I feel like this is starting to become a meme at this pont .

"Overthinker, the man with the face of a LIE"

I'm not familiar with the methods of V.I., so I'm not going to question the conclusions @falsehope and @Adam Strange have reached, but I wonder if my words correspond with this impression. My answer would be no, but I'm not a pillar of Socionics nous.

Anyway, new video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90gW2OLYYk

Now stop staring at my handsome visage and type me by my feelings, people.
    (Also @Sol, I'm not wearing glasses this time around.)
    ( @thehotelambush, if you're interested.)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's not at all painful to watch and you're speaking very clearly! No worries.

Yes, you remind me a lot of LIE with how you express yourself. You bear similarity with the LIEs in this article, for instance the man in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpzbaM1SxV0 and this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7ETnP60O0

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Watching the second video.

Upon closer inspection, what I'm getting is you could be LSE. LIE is still a possibility but you seem to be leaning towards sensing.

So far your explanation of how you have trouble judging what others feel and think about you, causing you to be wary and avoid others (not being sure if you can trust them) seems to suggest one of those two types. That could suggest xLE as well, but since your reaction is to be wary and withdrawn, this sounds more like what a LIE or LSE would do than most ILEs or SLEs.

Your dead-pan sense of humor, readiness to provide explanations, all these things remind me of ExTj. I think I see a lot of Te valuing with how you try to keep your responses and your introduction accurate and concise. You stick to the most factually correct and widely agreed upon descriptions of yourself before you go into providing alternative perspectives and descriptions.

You say you are risk averse and like to stick to your comfort zone. This indicates LSE over LIE.

The way you mostly describe practical concerns in your video, like driving, the need to be independent, conquering nature, makes me consider that you're likely a sensing type as well. You aim towards a situation of stability, not paricularly ambitious, want to be able to afford a life where you can be relaxed 'without a care in the world'--reminiscient of Si-valuing, not LIE.

You want to live with a secluded routine--suggests rational, which still fits LxE. You seem concerned with the ethical judgements others make towards you throughout your video--possible Fi-seeking? Edit: you are also very careful to judge others fairly regarding their type, wanting to be ethical in your treatment of others. This suggests Fi-valuing in general

You don't like aggressive/pushy people who tend to dominate a group. Probably Ne/Si valuing, so LSE over LIE again.

Overall I'm getting some kind of Te-dom, most likely LSE over LIE. I hope this helps

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    It's not at all painful to watch and you're speaking very clearly! No worries.

Yes, you remind me a lot of LIE with how you express yourself. You bear similarity with the LIEs in this article, for instance the man in this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpzbaM1SxV0 and this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7ETnP60O0
    Thanks for your reply! Let’s just say that upon rewatching my video, I realized my pronunciation skills aren’t as good as I thought they were

I find it very interesting that you all are seemingly converging towards the LIE explanation (even though being compared to freakin’ Dean from Supernatural feels kinda weird - flattering, but weird ). I’m not entirely opposed to the idea - I am pretty much certain that I am a Rational Logical type anyway, and I can see myself in a lot of parts of the Te base descriptions, but I never thought about Ni creative as a likely explanation at all. Ni overall is a pretty mysterious IE to me and the idea that it might have such a strong function in my psyche is kind of hard to wrap my head around. For some time I actually typed as LSE-Te because I saw Si creative as more likely, but something felt “off”.

By the way, for some reason I always found the creative function descriptions to be sort of “deal breakers” for me for any type I considered. I may very well relate to the Ti’s logically consistent and principled nature, its quest for a system to explain the world, and yet neither Se nor Ne creative seem to fit me at all - I’m not aggressive enough and too “head-in-the-clouds” for Se and Ne seems way too tiring with all its generation of possibilities. I can also see myself in Te (it’s probably a better fit than Ti, actually), but Si seems so bland somehow, with all its endless generation of food (no offense meant lol).

Ni is... weird, honestly. Ti be potentially of the same type as David Lynch, with all his eerie, confusing movies that I can’t figure out. Surely if I were Ni creative I would be endowed with the gift of knowing whether or not Mulholland Drive was just a dream, right?

Guys, I don’t think I have a creative function. Call me LBE. Its ego block being Te-Blank.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Watching the second video.

Upon closer inspection, what I'm getting is you could be LSE. LIE is still a possibility but you seem to be leaning towards sensing.

So far your explanation of how you have trouble judging what others feel and think about you, causing you to be wary and avoid others (not being sure if you can trust them) seems to suggest one of those two types. That could suggest xLE as well, but since your reaction is to be wary and withdrawn, this sounds more like what a LIE or LSE would do than most ILEs or SLEs.

Your dead-pan sense of humor, readiness to provide explanations, all these things remind me of ExTj. I think I see a lot of Te valuing with how you try to keep your responses and your introduction accurate and concise. You stick to the most factually correct and widely agreed upon descriptions of yourself before you go into providing alternative perspectives and descriptions.

You say you are risk averse and like to stick to your comfort zone. This indicates LSE over LIE.

The way you mostly describe practical concerns in your video, like driving, the need to be independent, conquering nature, makes me consider that you're likely a sensing type as well. You aim towards a situation of stability, not paricularly ambitious, want to be able to afford a life where you can be relaxed 'without a care in the world'--reminiscient of Si-valuing, not LIE.

You want to live with a secluded routine--suggests rational, which still fits LxE. You seem concerned with the ethical judgements others make towards you throughout your video--possible Fi-seeking? Edit: you are also very careful to judge others fairly regarding their type, wanting to be ethical in your treatment of others. This suggests Fi-valuing in general

You don't like aggressive/pushy people who tend to dominate a group. Probably Ne/Si valuing, so LSE over LIE again.

Overall I'm getting some kind of Te-dom, most likely LSE over LIE. I hope this helps
    Oh, I hadn’t read this one. Yeah, I suppose LSE might be a more likely explanation then, as I thought. At the very least LxE seems very likely.
    Dropping the possibility of an intuitive type as usual makes my heart bleed, giving me Vietnam flashbacks of the traditional MBTI hate for the unsophisticated and soulless SJs - the working bees of the system. But I suppose that’s all a bunch of crap, anyway.

Thank you dearly for your time and patience!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

seems T

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, I hadn’t read this one. Yeah, I suppose LSE might be a more likely explanation then, as I thought. At the very least LxE seems very likely.
    Dropping the possibility of an intuitive type as usual makes my heart bleed, giving me Vietnam flashbacks of the traditional MBTI hate for the unsophisticated and soulless SJs - the working bees of the system. But I suppose that’s all a bunch of crap, anyway.

Thank you dearly for your time and patience!
    Hi again, Overthinker!

I read both your responses. Yes I am definitely leaning towards LSE for you over Ni-creative, especially after reading those. You aren't too interested in food or daily chores, but consider that Delta Si is mostly about avoiding physical discomfort (rather than producing physical enjoyment, which is Alpha Si). Maybe you can relate more to this? I agree that Te-LSE is a more likely type for you than Si-LSE as well, even just after watching your videos

Ahhh I understand, honestly, I can't stand the MBTI section of the internet for this reason. They do not understand sensing properly, often displaying a tendency to type everyone who is widely liked, smart, or shares their personal political views as intuitive, and everyone else as sensing. SJs are not any less 'sophisticated and soulful' than intuitives. Actually, they're probably more sophisticated when it comes to dealing with concrete reality (not that intuitives aren't sophisticated in their own mental spheres also). They find just as much 'deeper meaning' from life as the supposedly more soulful intuitives.

In short, you're right to say the SJ stereotype is a bunch of crap. Pay no heed to it, and wear your Socioincs type with pride!! lol. If you do think that's your correct type, that is.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

looks/sounds like an LII, enneagram guess - so/sx 1w2

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    looks/sounds like an LII, enneagram guess - so/sx 1w2
    I have only now seen this message, sorry about not replying before. Now this is interesting, because I’ve got a bunch of users all surpsrisingly agreeing that I look like a Te type, and here you come saying I look and sound LII. It gets me wondering how impressions of a person can be so different - I mean, from Te-Si to Ti-Ne it seems quite a step. But considering that there are no set-in-stone rules when it comes to typing someone, I imagine that you guys have to rely a lot on intuition alone, which is why results can vary wildly.

At this point I am curious, however - could you expand on what you mean by “looks/sounds like an LII”? What benchmarks did you compare me against? I’m not terribly aware how I come across to others, but if I rewatch my second video I suppose the “appearance” paragraph in the Meged/Ovcharov description of LII-Ti might be close to how I appear:

The logical subtype is usually calm, serious and self-contained. [...] His lips are often densely compressed, speech precise and abrupt, voice lacks in varying intonations [...] However, his otherwise frozen facial expression sometimes reflects his internal emotions in unexpected and impulsive movements of muscles.
    Or perhaps it is too big of a stretch...? What do you think?

Good call on the Enneagram by the way, I am indeed a type One, even though I think I’m 1w9 rather than 1w2 - but my level of expertise in the Enneagram is even lower than my current understanding of Socionics, so you might very well be right! I’m pretty sure I am actually sx-last, however.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILe.

You look like a nerd

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just watched the first 1 minute

My first impression was: intuitive user. Looks.like a nerd.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    I just watched the first 1 minute

My first impression was: intuitive user. Looks.like a nerd.
    Lol okay, that’s probably fair.

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will be switching to LII-Ti anyway - Ti and Static type feel more “right” than Te and Dynamic. I still need to fine-tune my understanding of some things however, for example I think I’m beginning to grasp how creative Ne works in me, but some things like Demonstrative Ni still feel pretty mysterious, in that I haven’t managed to find within myself conclusive-enough “signs” of how it should work - dunno if that makes any sense.

I do agree with Se PoLR for the most part though - I’ve been reading the Se PoLR thread and I can relate to a lot of what people are saying in it. I noticed I tend to react pretty badly to most signs of what I recognize to be Se in other people - like an immediate urge to “retreat” or “passively resist”. Sometimes I might still comply, however, simply because it’s easier.

I would still be happy to hear feedback/explanations, if anyone wants to provide it.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    LII
    I see. Care to expand on this?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im gonna go with LII type 5

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol okay, that’s probably fair.
    😂😂 and you're overthinker.. Sooo

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII. Not sure why people are typing you as an extrovert. I and T are very clear, and yeah sx-last. I'd imagine sp/so. You also have better English than most native speakers of it honestly.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observations:

Very technical way of talking (logic, intuition)
    monotonous voice, little in the way of Fe
    self-conscious, self-doubtful, frequently puts himself down (low Se)
    motivated to challenge himself intellectually, to understand complex things
    not intellectually stimulated much in high school
    good ability to analyze things, analytical abilities - knows how to "study in a really inquisitive manner", "to truly understand"
    interest/boredom, excitement (Fe?)
    feels overwhelmed by the work sometimes (low Se)
    has other interests that are totally unrelated, like psychology, languages (Ne, some Te)
    sometimes "feels stressed out" (Fe/Si language)
    has thought a lot about his values: honesty, fairness, correctness, treating people with respect, friendliness, kindness, compassion/empathy (not sure if he's good at it though). Tries to not be harmful/abrasive/offensive. (lots of Ti and Si here)
    doesn't really "have a life" (low Se)
    draws: identifies stylistic features (Ti), aesthetics [Si]
    a "fun activity" - brings an "inner sense of aesthetics" that he has to "create beautiful things" - "that's a wonderful thing" (Si/Fe)
    "comfortable with people who share my interests and a common way of thinking with me" (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe?)
    "not awfully demanding" (low/unvalued Se)
    messy
    avoids conflict (low Se)
    retreats into solitude, introverted, ignores friends who message or call him (weak Se/Fe)

Bro, you are LII. I didn't see really any evidence of Te values, or of you using Se at all (unlikely for both LIE and LSE). Si definitely comes out in your interest in drawing, despite it being a more peripheral focus to your more intellectual interests.

LII has generally been my impression from your posts as well.

Overthinking and being unsure of yourself suggests high Ni. Again not an LSE thing.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched a little, but you have that odd mix of intellectual remove and latent warmth that I associate with LII. You seem like someone who would respond well to Fe, though obviously I can’t tell that for sure from a video.

So I support the LII typing.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised this thread is still getting activity. Thank you all, @Blue @thehotelambush @golden for your precious input.

To tell the truth, I haven’t been posting very much on this forum recently because I thought my LSE typing might be bullshit, and frankly the “situation” with this thread had become increasingly awkward considering that almost everyone has typed me LII now. I was actually planning on maybe posting a little “story” of a conversation I recently had with a friend of mine who is most assuredly LII, how it went into some pretty deep topics and how I noticed our worldviews to be incredibly similar (and where I differed from him, I could still tell clearly where his perspective came from - sometimes even before he had time to finish what he was saying). It was pretty chilling, actually.

I guess this entire mistyping experience might highlight yet another aspect of being LII: being Ne valuing. I think human cognition and overall human experience is so incredibly complex, that it’s so difficult to remain stationary on one singular view of oneself and the others around me. My experience of Socionics so far has actually consisted in me building multiple models of myself, questioning them (always due to some “fatal flaw” that I thought I perceived) and re-building everything again from the bottom-up. If anything, this has taught me something important about my thought process - my willingness to consider many different perspectives. Sometimes to the point that I lose sight of the simpler explanations and go for unnecessarily abstract ones, inadvertently infringing one principle that I nevertheless hold dear: Ockham’s Razor .

There’s another explanation, actually. Unfortunately, for a long time, I’ve suffered from a lack of confidence in myself, and I think this has caused me to fixate on my weaknesses and lose sight of my strengths. I think that, subconsciously, I felt that every “model” I were to build of myself should include one key feature: a comprehensive explanation of why I often seem so limited to myself. But I don’t think that’s a very healthy way of thinking anymore.

So here you go, you guys convinced me. I think I’ll stay still on LII now.

But I promise nothing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised this thread is still getting activity. Thank you all, @Blue @thehotelambush @golden for your precious input.
    You're welcome. I try to watch all typing videos that people post but sometimes I'm occupied with other things.

To tell the truth, I haven’t been posting very much on this forum recently because I thought my LSE typing might be bullshit, and frankly the “situation” with this thread had become increasingly awkward considering that almost everyone has typed me LII now. I was actually planning on maybe posting a little “story” of a conversation I recently had with a friend of mine who is most assuredly LII, how it went into some pretty deep topics and how I noticed our worldviews to be incredibly similar (and where I differed from him, I could still tell clearly where his perspective came from - sometimes even before he had time to finish what he was saying). It was pretty chilling, actually.

I guess this entire mistyping experience might highlight yet another aspect of being LII: being Ne valuing. I think human cognition and overall human experience is so incredibly complex, that it’s so difficult to remain stationary on one singular view of oneself and the others around me. My experience of Socionics so far has actually consisted in me building multiple models of myself, questioning them (always due to some “fatal flaw” that I thought I perceived) and re-building everything again from the bottom-up. If anything, this has taught me something important about my thought process - my willingness to consider many different perspectives. Sometimes to the point that I lose sight of the simpler explanations and go for unnecessarily abstract ones, inadvertently infringing one principle that I nevertheless hold dear: Ockham’s Razor .
    This kind of tension between simplicity and complexity - seeking simplicity but also forming complex systems in order to find it - is a paradigmatic Alpha NT trait, IMO.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII Ti

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can clearly see were the doubts regarding LSE come from therefore I suggest taking a closer look at Model D. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...el-D?p=1299724

I mean LSE could make sense in a way but LII is clearly better.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why so many are tempted to assert LII but alas, Overthinker is a male EII-Fi ... indeed, the over thinking type who, like many types, enjoys philosophy.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII.