I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is more likely to become homeless

I'm supposing a depressed ILI, but I can see a LIE with low functioning Te.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I think it could happen to any type. Of course, there are commonalities like mental illness, addictions, etc.. But it takes only one tragic event and someone can spiral downwards to the point of no return.

Almost happened to me once; I had to write jokes for cash on craigslist as a result but I pulled myself out

If I had to choose I'd probably pick IEI because of weak Te/Se, but I'm sure their Ni would help them thrive with a lack of resources or they'd befriend some hobo hipsters to help out

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alpha ethicals. When I was in the soup kitchen before they mostly seemed like alpha SFs.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    a LIE with low functioning Te.
    or dry water

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with no money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    People with no money.
    And an unwillingness or inability to provide goods or services in exchange for shelter.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    And an unwillingness or inability to provide goods or services in exchange for shelter.
    wait, so when people stand at the corner of the intersection and walk around looking pathetic and people give them tax free money and then they go to their expensive car and drive home when they feel like it,
    what service or good are those people providing?
    I guess they make suckers feel good about giving their money away? Does that count as a service?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone who’s used to having money and then not having it anymore.

One of my bestie’s roommates is named Nicole and her parents are millionaires who cut her off and refuse to give her any money. She’s had a hard time making ends meet, her car got repo’ed, she’s short on rent every month and she already has cheap rent to begin with. Now the landlord is gearing up to sell the house and everyone in the house including my bestie have money to move except her. She’ll be homeless.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolita View Post
    Someone who’s used to having money and then not having it anymore.

One of my bestie’s roommates is named Nicole and her parents are millionaires who cut her off and refuse to give her any money. She’s had a hard time making ends meet, her car got repo’ed, she’s short on rent every month and she already has cheap rent to begin with. Now the landlord is gearing up to sell the house and everyone in the house including my bestie have money to move except her. She’ll be homeless.
    She may have to depend on the kindness of strangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTd1LuiVUs

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it. She can always rely on her gf.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type that ends up homeless is generally the unhealthy type. Who's most likely to be unhealthy? I don't know, it's a dumb question that relies on circumstances.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say honestly it's probably as equal distribution as the housed population. A lot of different circumstances and mental health issues can contribute to homelessness, and at least from the homeless people I've met, it could really be anybody. Sort of a "there but for the grace of god go I" kind of thing more people should probably be thankful for.

If you REALLY want to dissect it, I could see low Ni or Ne not having thought through any back-up plans, low Te not having access to or knowing what resources to use, etc. But that's really splitting hairs.

There's also an interesting phenomenon, at least in certain parts of LA, where I'd meet people who insisted they liked being homeless. That they enjoyed the freedom and didn't mind not having a place to go at night. Maybe that might be tied to unvalued or low Si, not caring if they don't even have a bed and a pillow? Either way, those people all had really sad circumstances that, once you got to talking to them, would make you realize that perhaps it wasn't as much of a choice as they'd insist it was.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type that does meth.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If ESI is the type most anxious about these sorts of mishaps. I would say the answer is LIE or ILE.
    .................................................. .........................................
    Even the word rocking mr Tesla lived borderline homeless life
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 02-17-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

harmonizing subtypes
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All my life, I've worried that financial disaster for me was just around the corner. I've never worried about being homeless, but I've always worried that I wouldn't have enough money to support my projects. That the money would stop coming in and my reserves would quickly be exhausted and then what would I do? The mental process that runs my future projections just trips its circuit breakers at this point, and this is the point where the monster in the horror movies jumps out at me.

I actually ran out of money once before, just after I bought my first house and then lost my job and all my savings. I ended up with $100 to my name and a mortgage payment that was impossible. I tried to take on renters for more income and stopped spending anything at all on anything at all. I spent a year and a half being more broke than I imagined anyone could be, and I could not get a better job to save my life. I had no assets and a negative net worth. I did have a life insurance policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COAnVhYNbTI

I eventually found a better job, kicked out my derelict renters and got back on solid financial ground, but I've always retained the fear that I'm three months away from homelessness.

In all the intervening years since then, I've just added to my level of "stuff" (houses, land, investments, art works), so you'd think, and I do sometimes, that I'm free of that danger. But then I think, "The moment when you think you're safe, Adam, is exactly when disaster will strike."

Which is magical thinking, not based on either logic nor experience. Bad, magical thinking.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-17-2021 at 03:30 PM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should ask: "Which type is going to suffer the most when they become homeless?" instead

Normally, I'm a very passive guy. But I'm always prepare for the worst. When it comes to "fighting for survival", I'm extremely agressive.
    Last edited by Tarnished; 02-17-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who has spent a lot of time with homeless people, I've observed a variety of types experience homelessness and believe that the distribution of types reflects among the homeless population reflects that of the general population.

I knew an ILE homeless man who spent his days dumpster diving for items that he would resell or use to barter for money and drugs. I have an SEI friend who earns money by “flying her sign” at the same corner of an upscale neighborhood everyday. I know EII homeless man who spends his free time hanging out at the public library. I met an SEE homeless woman who had talked a shopkeeper into letting her and her boyfriend establish residency right outside his shop. I’ve also encountered homeless people who were so catatonic (a result of schizophrenia) that they would be impossible to type.

People experiencing homelessness all have a couple of things in common. First, they’re almost always battling drug/alcohol addiction, severe mental illness, a physical disability, or some combination of the three. Secondly, they often lack a safety net of support from family and/or friends.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    As someone who has spent a lot of time with homeless people, I've observed a variety of types experience homelessness and believe that the distribution of types reflects among the homeless population reflects that of the general population.

I knew an ILE homeless man who spent his days dumpster diving for items that he would resell or use to barter for money and drugs. I have an SEI friend who earns money by “flying her sign” at the same corner of an upscale neighborhood everyday. I know EII homeless man who spends his free time hanging out at the public library. I met an SEE homeless woman who had talked a shopkeeper into letting her and her boyfriend establish residency right outside his shop. I’ve also encountered homeless people who were so catatonic (a result of schizophrenia) that they would be impossible to type.

People experiencing homelessness all have a couple of things in common. First, they’re almost always battling drug/alcohol addiction, severe mental illness, a physical disability, or some combination of the three. Secondly, they often lack a safety net of support from family and/or friends.
    @Poptart, when I read your statement that homeless people almost always have a drug/alcohol addiction, severe mental illness, a physical disability, or all three, I was reminded of a friend of mine.

This guy was a brilliant ILI-Te who set the curve in his University physics classes. He was invited to join a tech company while still in college, so he dropped out and when the company was sold, he made a lot of money. He then started his own company and sold it, again making a lot of money. He bought some land and built a building on it so he could do whatever kind of research he wanted. He was an incredible loner who didn't get along with any of his family members. Then, when he was about 24, he met this carefree, footloose woman and he fell in love.

She was from one of the Nordic countries, and she returned there to live (she had several kids by several different men, and there, she could more easily support them). He followed her to her country and they lived there for a while and he proposed to her. But she rejected him. She didn't want to be tied down to one guy, and he took it very, very hard. He had his first manic episode there, and when he got out of the hospital, he returned to the States, now on a doctor's prescription for lithium. Amazingly enough, he had a lot of subsequent girlfriends, but he met them in coffee shops and they never meant anything to him. He was stuck on the Nordic girl. He used to send her and her kids money when she wrote to him.

He lived the rest of his life in that research building, making wooden toy models and giving them to kids. He had long silver hair and a beard and wore old, tattered clothes and wooden shoes and he chain smoked but wouldn't touch alcohol or weed. I asked him once why he smoked, and he gave me a clinical analysis on how most people with manic-depression smoke because it relieves their symptoms. I mean, the guy was brilliant and was stable as long as the drugs were working. But if you saw him on the street, you'd think that he might try to hand you a pamphlet about Jesus or the new health food store opening up in town, and you'd definitely avoid eye contact with him.

He was never homeless because he had made cubic money in his twenties and had invested it, but he certainly looked homeless. He absolutely didn't care what other people thought. I invited him to help with a project at the University's Space Physics Research Labs. When we all went out for lunch, one of the researchers said something that my friend thought was stupid, and he "turned the guy off". The researcher had said something to my friend the he really took objection to, and my friend then reacted like he hadn't heard a sound from the guy and there was no person sitting across from him at the table. Even though the researcher still tried to talk to my friend, my friend acted like no one was there. It was one of the most amazing things I had ever seen in my life.
    My friend ended up not participating in the project because, he later told me, they didn't know what the hell they were doing and he didn't want to waste his time on them.

His chain smoking eventually killed him.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-24-2021 at 12:40 PM.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like me, but it happened in my teens, and I don't have the cubic money yet, because when it happens, your grades suffer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko