Thread: Beauty standards

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beauty standards

Here is a thread to share thoughts and stories about beauty standards.

Here's one: I never understood why people worried about having a big butt.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what's a beauty standard? Like what people objectively consider to be 'hot' or beautiful?

I don't really pay attention to that stuff much tbh. I like average looking guys with perverted imaginations. Like me I guess. However if you are too PC and purposefully make yourself ugly or something to try and prove some point that people should 'look what's on the inside that counts' that also turns me off. If you look nice with your shirt off but have a nasty, MEMEMEME attitude in the gay bar there's always 10 other guys there to scold you and get you to correct your behavior because a crappy narcissistic attitude can ruin even the best objectively hot body - I don't think anybody can be that shallow even if they were a cartoon character.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    what's a beauty standard? Like what people objectively consider to be 'hot' or beautiful?
    It's vague on purpose.
    It can be yours, it can be societal, hell, it can be about typology.
    It will be whatever people make it to be.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Beauty standards are why people no longer resemble chimpanzees. Most people, that is.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But evolution from apes is such a barbaric evil of stifling and containing the edge of chosen 1 burst of speed we have in our own backyard bible.

When wisdom speaks, when truth resonates, when timeless archetypes return, that means even more that the so called natural cycles and eternal recurrence of evolution.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    But evolution from apes is such a barbaric evil of stifling and containing the edge of chosen 1 burst of speed we have in our own backyard bible.

When wisdom speaks, when truth resonates, when timeless archetypes return, that means even more that the so called natural cycles and eternal recurrence of evolution.
    Why is your location Charlottesville and not outer space or something.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Beauty standards are why people no longer resemble chimpanzees. Most people, that is.
    OOGA BOOGA!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Here is a thread to share thoughts and stories about beauty standards.

Here's one: I never understood why people worried about having a big butt.
    Well, they shouldn't. Men who care about butts are cowards; any fool can admire a woman's posterior from behind her. It takes a real man to glance at a woman's chest while in front of her; such women, impressed by these men's obviously functioning testicles, should obviously seek out tit men to copulate with, and disregard the feelings of ass men entirely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's an evaluation of optimum traits for staying alive and to born children. The ones which like the other had lesser chance to transfer their taste to future.
    As it has chaotic initial inputing, not all what even majority likes mb good indeed or to be so good in the degree the majority values that. Especially for situations which are new compared to the past.

Also, the easier bilogical environment becomes (with technological progress, an example of what was agreeculture), the lesser important to stay alive means to have optimum body traits. In the same time, higher demands appear to the mind as the society becomes more complex and faster changing - to personal traits, compatibility between people, IQ, traits formed by an upbringing and an education.

Also
    Practical situation is that while people have preferences about what they think as more beautiful, they perceive in body sense as attractive/beautiful enough the very majority of each other.
    The other thing useful to note, that our evaluation of body and sexual attractiveness is not totally independent and is mixed with other traits which inspire emotions of a sympathy. If you like a human for something, this will arise the degree you perceive him as attractive and beautiful, and similar approach is with a disliking mixing. When you like personal traits or health state, - this may influence. Easy way to look prettier is to inspire better emotions: smile and wish good to those people.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Why is your location Charlottesville and not outer space or something.
    I guess if I wanted to be creative, My location could be at the Kingdom Hearts End of the World World Terminus is a series of pillar-like structures spread over what appears to be a vast empty space. Each pillar contains a green swirl of light which connects to the previous pillar, a blue swirl of light which connects to the next pillar, and a terminal to one the worlds whose Keyholes Sora can potentially lock, in the form of a beam of roiling darkness.

Each terminal takes Sora and his party to a location from its respective world, and each of these contain Heartless native to that world and have all but one exit blocked off. In order, Sora is taken to the Third District at Traverse Town, the Rabbit Hole at Wonderland, the Coliseum Gates at Olympus Coliseum Gates, the Bamboo Thicket at Deep Jungle, the Plaza in Agrabah, the Calm Depths at Atlantica, the Torture Chamber at Halloween Town, and the Galley at Neverland.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, just brainstorming here from what I remember, hopefully correctly, I’m too lazy to google it right now, so someone can correct me if I’m wrong about anything.

But there is the golden ratio (which prob most have heard of already), measurements that are supposed to measure how ‘attractive’ someone is. And of course not everyone with these measurements are going to be what someone is attracted to, but on average it is suppose to be. For women Big eyes far apart, big lips, small noses, small chin, high cheekbones, a youthful, child like appearance (remember I’m going off average here, and evidently completely average is suppose to be the most attractive, whatever is the most average in a culture)...These are suppose to be signs of high estrogen. Wide hips and big butts are also signs of easier pregnancy, and evolutionary advantage.

of course attraction is a lot more complicated than that. Not everyone with a big butt is going to be attractive, and even a pretty face with a bad personality tends to ruin the whole picture. Personally I tend to think of it as music, a type of harmony that I find attractive. Some of the attraction is biological and some of it meshes with my personality. When they coincide just right, it’s like your favorite song playing
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I guess if I wanted to be creative, My location could be at the Kingdom Hearts End of the World World Terminus is a series of pillar-like structures spread over what appears to be a vast empty space. Each pillar contains a green swirl of light which connects to the previous pillar, a blue swirl of light which connects to the next pillar, and a terminal to one the worlds whose Keyholes Sora can potentially lock, in the form of a beam of roiling darkness.

Each terminal takes Sora and his party to a location from its respective world, and each of these contain Heartless native to that world and have all but one exit blocked off. In order, Sora is taken to the Third District at Traverse Town, the Rabbit Hole at Wonderland, the Coliseum Gates at Olympus Coliseum Gates, the Bamboo Thicket at Deep Jungle, the Plaza in Agrabah, the Calm Depths at Atlantica, the Torture Chamber at Halloween Town, and the Galley at Neverland.
    I see. I guess what I’m trying to say is that Charlottesville seems out of character for you.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he is RaptorWizard, commander of lightning and gaming, defeating determinists and becoming the ultimate aeon of will from his house in Charlottesville.

Everything he says has either a connection to reality or gaming so either option is perfectly fine.

Ps: Beauty standards are completely subjective depending on what time or place you are in, so I wouldn't worry about something that is ultimately useless to you. It is only harmful for the masses who try to keep up with such standards.