Thread: Future of abortion

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Future of abortion

Where's abortion going? Are anti-abortion groups basically destined to lose the fight, or will there be a reversal? EDIT: I'm especially interested in hearing from women who are anti-abortion. But anyone can chime in.
    Last edited by xerx; 03-23-2021 at 05:17 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe that a woman's right to decide if she will or will not have an abortion is closely tied to men's ability to force women to accept the legal status of property. And you certainly don't let your cows decide if they are going to calf or not.

So the right of a woman to make decisions about her body is closely tied to her ability to rise above the status of property. This in turn is tied to a woman's ability to claim her rights to be legally equal to men, and since "rights" are closely tied to "wealth", this depends on how much society needs women as workers, which is tied to a society's demand for labor.

If a society doesn't have enough work to draw women into the work force, then women are going to be without independent incomes and will have to rely on the support of males, under whatever terms of support they can negotiate, which are not likely to be very good.

So the future of a woman's right to have an abortion is tied to a woman's ability to work outside the house. If you think that the future of the workplace will be female, then abortions are likely to be accessible. If you think that the future demand for labor will be primarily male, then women will once again become property and men will decide if and when the women can have abortions.

At this time, most work is being done collaboratively, in offices, and women are better at collaborating than men are. Also, the human race is using fossil fuels to replace muscle power and this means that more muscular men are in less demand. Again, you can look at future trends in office work and energy use to determine who is going to be doing the work, and consequently, who is going to be calling the shots.

@Adam Strange

the future of a woman's right to have an abortion is tied to a woman's ability to work outside the house.
    Or to sneak out of the house!

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Where's abortion going? Are anti-abortion groups basically destined to lose the fight, or will there be a reversal? EDIT: I'm especially interested in hearing from women who are anti-abortion. But anyone can chime in.
    Natural birth will be less and less prevalent as women lose interest in having kids. We will replace the process with AI automated birthing factories which produce genetically superior stock. These will out-compete the genetically inferior humans and they will be programmed to defend the hive-molter-AI at all costs, eventually becoming the drones of these birthing factories as human sexuality will no longer be necessary. We will move on to being a species more akin to ants and bees and new social class system will be engineered based on necessities, possibly similar to Plato's republic. A safety protocol will be in place that delivers an emergency batch of neo-humans capable for standard procreation in case of hive-mother-AI' projected short term probable termination. These will have genetic memory of and programmed imperative to reconstruct the mother-AI that kicks in post AI termination.

↜(╰ •ω•)╯ψ let the hive wars commence!

The vastly inferior standard humans will possibly survive in a state more akin to Mormons scattered in random small enclaves throughout the planet. They will most likely be hyper religious and live in fear of the hell-scape created by the new human hive-cities and their by now to them alien inhabitants.

Last edited by SGF; 03-23-2021 at 12:25 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's abortion going? Are anti-abortion groups basically destined to lose the fight, or will there be a reversal?
    There's no objectively existing criterion that determines when people should be allowed to kill their kids. There will always be people who are opposed to abortion or infanticide out of principle, and people who are OK with it because of convenience.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hithlerists which are at world power lead the "civilization" to controlled reproduction.
    This should remove a "need" in children killings. As it's doubtful you'll can born a child without a permission.
    The approach similar to farm livestock.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I believe that a woman's right to decide if she will or will not have an abortion is closely tied to men's ability to force women to accept the legal status of property. And you certainly don't let your cows decide if they are going to calf or not.
    Since when have pro-lifers said they think women's husbands, fathers, or anyone else should be able to make them get abortions?

It's a question of principle. Either you believe human life has dignity and we can't simply decide that it's OK to kill someone else, or you believe that we should be able to kill our offspring when and because it's more convenient for us.

I don't personally really care about it myself. But it sticks in my craw when pro-choicers act like pro-lifers just want to keep women subjugated. It comes from a need to appear the more principled side instead of just admitting their position is based on convenience.

If you think that the future of the workplace will be female, then abortions are likely to be accessible.
    Women who don't have children are more productive, so yes, there's considerable interest in preventing them from doing it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oof

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR, I believe that life starts before conception. Using artificial incubators, we should be actively breeding every possible egg and sperm combination in order to multiply the size of our species, mostly as a prelude to galactic colonization.

Additionally, by centralizing that breeding technology in the hands of government, humanity would take the first step to becoming a eusocial species.

And we should be breeding domesticated animals for heightened intelligence. Why aren't we already doing this?!
    Last edited by xerx; 03-23-2021 at 08:07 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Blade runner.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will become irrelevant when the Singularity actually hits. And I for one will welcome our new AI overlords. And I hope they remember my saying this as proof of such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

FTR, I believe that life starts before conception. Using artificial incubators, we should be actively breeding every possible egg and sperm combination in order to multiply the size of our species, mostly as a prelude to galactic colonization.
    It's gonna take a lot of gas to get that much meat off the Earth.

Additionally, by centralizing that breeding technology in the hands of government, humanity would take the first step to becoming a eusocial species.

And we should be breeding domesticated animals for heightened intelligence. Why aren't we already doing this?!
    Have you met my brother-in-law?