Thread: Which types recycle?

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which types recycle?

Do you recycle? If so, what is your personality type and stacking? What's your motivation? Do you have a free pick up service or do you go out if your way to recycle? I'm super curious if a certain type, or instinctual variant feels this is important.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen, SEI women recycle the most, and distracted LIEs the least.

I knew an SLE guy who thought it would be a cool idea to throw his garbage out the car window near me.

Alpha is probably most recyclingy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ESE mom is really strict about recycling.

I'm kinda eh/whatever about it. I will recycle somewhat but not like my mom. I don't like having to sort it out and if I throw away a few things that are recycleable, I don't lose sleep over it. (my mom is different....)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I've known some 6s who are very adamant about recycling. It's probably common in social dominants too, although it doesn't take form in that aggressive type of way you see in some 6s.

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you think mainly sensing types recycle? Why do you think intuitive types are less likely to recycle?

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    My ESE mom is really strict about recycling.

I'm kinda eh/whatever about it. I will recycle somewhat but not like my mom. I don't like having to sort it out and if I throw away a few things that are recycleable, I don't lose sleep over it. (my mom is different....)
    And what's your personality type?

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    From what I've seen, SEI women recycle the most, and distracted LIEs the least.

I knew an SLE guy who thought it would be a cool idea to throw his garbage out the car window near me.

Alpha is probably most recyclingy.
    You made me hit Google hard lol. I'm not very knowledgeable about Myer Briggs abbreviations.

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by india View Post
    I've known some 6s who are very adamant about recycling. It's probably common in social dominants too, although it doesn't take form in that aggressive type of way you see in some 6s.
    That's interesting. I'm a 6. I recycle. I live outside of the city limits so there isn't a pick out here, and I have to drive 20 minutes to drop it off. I'm not fanatical about it, but I feel deep in my bones that it is a moral issue. If it's within my capacity then I'm going to do it. There have been many times that I've just thrown something away, and then the guilt gets to me and I have to dig it out. Lol It's strange because recycling was not a part of my childhood, yet I feel so strongly about it. It's not something I really talk about, I just do it. ��

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think I’ve recycled a thing in my life on purpose

I even buy paper plates, plastic cups sometimes because I get sick of doing dishes constantly. My mom used to do the same so I think it’s largely because of my upbringing.

This thread is making me feel terribly guilty lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I recycle everything that can be recycled. Plastic, cardboard, metal, computers, batteries, paper. Everything. Wood goes into the compost bin if it doesn't have nails or glue and hasn't been painted. Metal shavings from machining operations go to the scrap yard, along with nails and screws.

Old clothes in wearable condition go to the Salvation Army, as do toys and useable appliances and garden equipment and old tools.

I also compost vegetable food if it hasn't been processed to the point of having too much salt in it. Boiled plants are fine.

I don't do this to feel better, exactly. I do it because it is more efficient in the big scheme of things to recycle and reuse than it is to recreate.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I recycle just cuz every trash company has offered a bin and I might as well..I guess the effect is the same regardless of my relative indifference about it. I probably don't recycle every single item that can be recycled if it makes @aster feel any better lol.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If there is any type relation at all I'd imagine that Fi polrs recycle the least.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recycle isn't enough, we live in a world of an extreme plastic pollution and the only way to stop it and to stop creating waste. I'm not a freak when it comes to it, but I try to limit my usage of plastic and single use items as much as possible. You can buy a lot of products that aren't wraped in plastics and zero waste stores are a thing now as well, so you can shop there while being considerate of the environment and the planet. I think it's important for people to stop creating waste at all and seek for alternative way that are more sustainable and respectful towards the the mother nature, so we could preserve this planet for future generation. Go zero waste people, or at least, try as hard as you can.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And what's your personality type?
    IEI

(NOT a goddamn SEI, stop confusing me with my lookalike - especially young edgy heterosexual males....
    )

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Recycle isn't enough, we live in a world of an extreme plastic pollution and the only way to stop it and to stop creating waste. I'm not a freak when it comes to it, but I try to limit my usage of plastic and single use items as much as possible. You can buy a lot of products that aren't wraped in plastics and zero waste stores are a thing now as well, so you can shop there while being considerate of the environment and the planet. I think it's important for people to stop creating waste at all and seek for alternative way that are more sustainable and respectful towards the the mother nature, so we could preserve this planet for future generation. Go zero waste people, or at least, try as hard as you can.
    And what personality type are you? Do you know your instinctual stacking?

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At first I was thinking that recycling was more of a sp thing (conserve, protect resources, fear of scarcity) however, I know many sp firsts that don't recycle, are huge consumers, and don't seem to care about the environment, aside from feeding birds and planting flowers. I'm wondering if it is more of the so instinct (good for mankind, socially appropriate, ability to see how my actions affect others and actually care about it) I can't really see how the sx instinct would compel someone to recycle. But I suppose, you can have the same action being driven by different instincts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

I even buy paper plates, plastic cups sometimes because I get sick of doing dishes constantly. My mom used to do the same so I think it’s largely because of my upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I recycle just cuz every trash company has offered a bin and I might as well.

This. I think it's related to upbringing and the norms of the person's state or hometown but not type.

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

Well it's never too late to start! But it wasn't my intention to guilt trip anyone (although that may be a great by product of this post! Lol) Do you know your enneagram type/instinctual typing?

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    There. I think it's related to upbringing and the norms of the person's state or hometown but not type.
    I can see that, except with me, my family didn't recycle at all. Then when I grew up and "found out" about recycling, I was like "Yes! That's what everyone should be doing!" I would save up my recycling and drop it off at a friend's house that had free pick up. No one talked me into it or "showed me the way" it just deeply resonated with me as the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim bell View Post
    And what personality type are you? Do you know your instinctual stacking?
    In socionics I'm most likely either IEE or IEI and in enneagram I type as 4w3 so/sx. (471 or 479)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default can't save the world by banning straws

Rcycling metal = always worth it!
    Plastic and paper, not so much.
    Biodegrading plastic > recycling plastic.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Rcycling metal = always worth it!
    Plastic and paper, not so much.
    Biodegrading plastic > recycling plastic.
    Yeah I do agree that banning straws is pretty insulting to nature and to those with half a brain. It's like going over to someone's house, totally trashing it, and then deciding you'll make things right by pulling out a couple weeds from their garden- the same garden that you also dumped a ton of salt in the night before. Not going to make that much of a difference.
    So, do you practice what you preach?
    What's your enneagram type, stacking?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type can be dedicated to the art of recycling

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default plastic-eating wax worms ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Kim bell View Post
    Yeah I do agree that banning straws is pretty insulting to nature and to those with half a brain. It's like going over to someone's house, totally trashing it, and then deciding you'll make things right by pulling out a couple weeds from their garden- the same garden that you also dumped a ton of salt in the night before. Not going to make that much of a difference.
    So, do you practice what you preach?
    What's your enneagram type, stacking?
    My old town recycled bulk trash at the recycling plant.
    New city no idea. Hot desert climate in AZ. Even roadkill turns to permanent meat jerky. Can't remember when I last tossed out metal, maybe trace amounts in busted USB cords. Go thru tons of paper and plastic. Workplace uses lotsa multi-ply plastic, non-recyclable. Recyclable #2 HDPE sometimes, which is hell to work with; melts all over the machine, onto itself, thru thin and hard-to-reach tracks; can take hrs to fix; pounds of off-model product go straight to the dumpster.

Stripped my ideals down to thrive-and-let-thrive may we grow
    9w8 works best, no strong stack afaik.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Any type can be dedicated to the art of recycling
    I think it's interesting that you call it the "art of recycling". I've never considered what I do, as an expression of art. I wish it was. But, no, just the blunt actions propelled by the hamster caught in the wheel ie. Thinking Core

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My reasons for recycling are probably different from most people's. I hate wastefulness and inefficiency. So it bothers me when people make single-use items and just throw them on a huge pile when the materials could still be used. And it bothers me when people put burritos into recycling and plastic bottles in the garbage, because that's not where they go, and if you'd just bother to be somewhat orderly you could help humanity in general to be more efficient with resources.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Bell View Post
    You made me hit Google hard lol. I'm not very knowledgeable about Myer Briggs abbreviations.
    Are you trolling? Those are not Myers Briggs, they are Socionics ones. You are on a Socionics website...

It's also 2019 and you're using the internet. You're in a human body. Anything else you haven't been filled in on yet?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    If there is any type relation at all I'd imagine that Fi polrs recycle the least.
    Your imagination is wrong lol.

IME ILEs care about it decently. If the environment is destroyed, they won't get nice Si feels from SEIs mowing their lawn and feeding them warm milk anymore.

You might be right about certain SLEs, especially the guys (since recycling is conservative and anti-consumption which could be seen as feminine), but remember that Fe is basically the societal peer pressure IE, and if you have Fe HA, then well.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's never too late to start! But it wasn't my intention to guilt trip anyone (although that may be a great by product of this post! Lol) Do you know your enneagram type/instinctual typing?
    9w1, sx last
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    6w7 612
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Are you trolling? Those are not Myers Briggs, they are Socionics ones. You are on a Socionics website...

It's also 2019 and you're using the internet. You're in a human body. Anything else you haven't been filled in on yet?
    Thank you for your kind and welcoming manner. As a noob, it sure makes me want to stay and learn more at your feet.
    This may be a primarily socionomic website, however, I posted under the Enneagram thread.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your kind and welcoming manner. As a noob, it sure makes me want to stay and learn more at your feet.
    This may be a primarily socionomic website, however, I posted under the Enneagram thread.
    Don't mind her, she seems to be extra pissy today

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionomic

You'll kill me with lulz at this rate

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Don't mind her, she seems to be extra pissy today
    "Today". As if you know me and have talked to me ever before today. As if you weren't born yesterday.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK, it's like 10/15 years that recycling is mandatory around here, if you don't recycle they fine you (rightly so imo)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but lazy egomaniacs perhaps don't care of it

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be frank, it is better for the environment just to burn your organic (read: carbon-based) waste. I despair at how many people seem to think they're doing the world a favor by recycling their cardboard and plastic, which in reality means it mostly ends up in a landfill or disposed of at sea, where it simply accumulates, slowly degrades and in the meanwhile takes up space that could be better used for something else. This isn't even accounting for all the food that people throw out to rot. Just burn baby, burn.

Recycling should be strictly for inorganics, like glass and metals which can be melted down again and re-used.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    To be frank, it is better for the environment just to burn your organic (read: carbon-based) waste. I despair at how many people seem to think they're doing the world a favor by recycling their cardboard and plastic, which in reality means it mostly ends up in a landfill or disposed of at sea, where it simply accumulates, slowly degrades and in the meanwhile takes up space that could be better used for something else. This isn't even accounting for all the food that people throw out to rot. Just burn baby, burn.

Recycling should be strictly for inorganics, like glass and metals which can be melted down again and re-used.
    Well cardboard is almost 100% recyclable, over 90% of raw material used to make cardboard is from recycled cardboard, and there's shortage of cardboard due to an explosion of growth in online shopping, so you should probably recycle cardboard.

But plastic isn't really recyclable and recycled consumer plastic is almost worthless, so as you said it gets dumped into the ocean, so it's probably a waste of time to recycle plastic. Or better yet, just don't use plastic in the first place.