Thread: hotelambush Questionnaire (niko)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hotelambush Questionnaire (niko)

hotelambush Questionnaire
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Instructions:
    -
    Tell me about yourself
    I am a physics student in my early 20s. I have been interested in typology for quite some time as a tool for understanding myself and other people. I never managed to type myself correctly though, so I came here for some help.
    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I'm studying theoretical physics. I was considered bright in elementary and high school and everyone was forcing and trying to manipulate me to go into engineering because of the career perspectives. However, I didn't yield to the pressure and now I'm doing what I love. The reason I wanted to study it is, besides pure passion, the fact that it gives me an overview of a lot of fields. I consider having a wide knowledge base to be very useful for me. My goal is to have my own business/research lab where I can apply concepts from theoretical physics into real-life problems (ex. quantum computing)
    What are your values, and why?
    I don't know how to answer questions like these. The only way I could describe it is individualism.
    Everyone should take care of themselves and the ones close to them without hurting the others.
    And loyalty too; I'm extremely loyal and I expect the same in return.
    What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    During the school year, I spend most of my time doing school-related activities. I don't do them alone though; I like visiting different libraries where I can both study, but also meet new people. They provide me with new ideas, insights and can be really useful (connections).
    I don't go out much on weekends, mostly because I'm saving money. Ideally, I'd like to have wild(er) weekends, after a week of hard work.
    I also really like visiting nature. Mountain climbing, hiking, wild isolated beaches? I'M IN! I like going on physically demanding adventures because they take my mind off university/studying.
    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I look for someone who is intelligent and can stand up to me. They have to be able to hold intellectual discussions but also be realistic, able to function in the real world and achieve their goals. While I can enjoy dreamy people too, I can't stand them in the long-term.
    As for romantic relationships, the previous qualities still stand. However, I also want someone who is emotionally more open than me and can help me manage and express mine. They should have a wild side too.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Mostly regarding my lack of tact and deeply controversial opinions. These arguments happen on regular bases.
    Sometimes I get criticized for being too ambitious and optimistic. I defend myself by saying "wait and see", but I do acknowledge that they are partially correct.
    How would your friends describe you?
    Whenever we recall our first encounters, they like to mention that I seem polite/civil, confident but pretty aloof. I've recently learned how to smile more.
    People that know me a bit more would say that I'm funny, sarcastic, ambitious and knowledgeable.
    Only to my closest friends (3 of them throughout my life), have I revealed my deeper emotions; almost never face to face though, mostly through text. They would probably describe me exactly like the rest of my social circle, but also as very caring, loyal and emotional, deep down.
    I have also noticed that I am the go-to person when someone needs future, career and practical advice.
    What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My tendency to live too much in the future, not caring much about the present.
    Being too critical and set in my ways. I also have problems with staying concentrated when I have to focus on details.
    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I am the master of big-picture thinking but I am not the most capable one in managing the details.
    I'm also shitty in understanding emotions and human relationships. I think of these things in a very black and white way; for ex. I either like someone or I don't, you are either my friend or you're not. While in reality, it's much more complicated. I have a few friends whom I consult when the need arises in these situations.
    What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I see using social media as a chore. I don't like it very much (except the memes), but I need to be active since that's where most of the people are if/when I need them.
    Talking about things that are actually relevant, doing science, making plans, etc... I also, weirdly, like walking way more than other people. When I'm going somewhere alone, I always walk. I hate it when people like to stay comfy and talk about comfy stuff all the time.
    What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I want to be really successful in my field, get a Ph.D., get a job at a company or research center to gain some experience and make connections. Then I want to open my own business or research lab where I can apply advanced physics concepts in solving modern day issues, more specifically space travel, quantum computing and genetical engineering.
    If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Most likely the same things I'm doing/plan to do right now. Except I'd be doing it in an expensive seaside mansion.
    I'd fund a cutting-edge research facility and be the leader of it.
    I'd spend money on fast cars, yachts, and travel.
    My understanding of living comfortably is different than most people's I guess.
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    If the norm is to be really indirect, fake, and passive-aggressive, I get delighted whenever someone does the exact opposite.
    I like contrarian people who stand up for their ideals.
    What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    Nothing, I don't care about that, as long as it's hygienic.
    I really like going to the supermarket for groceries.
    I hate cleaning my living spaces.
    I like staying hygienic and eating as healthy as I can.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I used to be pretty awkward and aloof. I used to not be able to voice my opinions since I was very insecure.
    Now I'm mostly polite but still aloof. I disagree and voice my opinions very easily, although, on very rare occasions, especially when I meet someone from the shitty period of my life, I may get uncomfortable again. I have also learned how to smile more, recently. It really helps, since I can still debate and disagree with people, without being a complete asshole and putting them off forever.
    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    It really depends on my mood, the person and the nature of the conflict.
    With people I know well (and with people from whom I can get away with my behavior), I can be extremely aggressive.
    Generally, though, I stay calm and voice my opinions directly. Assertive but not aggressive.
    I generally tend to "win." Naturally, there have been situations in life where I got overpowered. After those "defeats", I feel really angry and disappointed with myself for not being hard enough. I might plot a long revenge plan which is magnitudes harsher.
    What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I'll mention three since they are related:

1. That there is little hope for a better future
    2. That you have to be a genius to succeed
    3. That success is dependent only on luck.

1. It's because of people like this that humanity is not advancing as fast as we theoretically could.
    2. It is well known that success takes a lot of hard work. Sure talent comes in handy, but without nurture, it's the hard worker that wins
    3. What we call luck is just a set of factors we haven't taken into account. With planning and research, we can eliminate a lot of the unknown variables. Of course, we are still not able to predict everything, but this should not stop anyone from trying
    What did you do last Friday?
    Did some studying, read some cool stuff online, watched a movie (partly) and went out for a beer with friends.
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Part 2
    -
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I still think that my biggest accomplishment is still in the future. I see the place and the person I am right now to be the biggest accomplishment.
    What is something you regret?
    Not deciding to improve my social skills earlier. My quality of life has improved indescribably
    Who do you admire, and why?
    I don't really admire people. I really like Elon Musk though. I agree with a lot of his enterprises and ideas.
    What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    My university and future related problems are always on my mind but not in an anxious way. More like anticipation.
    What has been actually making me anxious is the fact that I still do not have a meaningful romantic relationship. Sometimes it makes me feel deprived, lonely and brutally jealous of people having them. I hate the fact I'm emotionally stunted.
    What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am an agnostic. I have a long, complicated history with religion. As a kid I was relatively religious. By the beggining of high school I was pretty much a non-believer but I still had my doubts and fears. Then a period of violently oscillating beliefs began which ended with me realising that the concept of a deity is illogical.
    What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I believe a person should be free to pursue whatever he wants as long as he doesn't ruin other people's lives. The common way to define my views would be socially left, economically center-right.
    I care about politics as long as caring is advantageous. I am not one to read about world political events every day. I simply can't care.
    Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    YES YES YES! That is my dream as I previously mentioned. Business is the most efficient way I can push my ideas into the world. I would be the founder and the CEO.
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    The perfect work environment is one where both cooperation and individual merits are valued.
    Workers should be provided with the latest tech,
    What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    During high school, in decreasing order: Sociology>biology>chemistry>physics ----> Physics was not my favorite since the teacher was stupid, while the sociology one was awesome and he made me like the social disciplines.

My current favorite one is called computer programming in physics. I like it a lot since it merges physics with the hottest current field, which is programming
    How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I am highly selective about what I accept the responsibility for. Once committed though, I'm all in and I expect the same from the others.
    Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    A small seaside town where I went with my family. I wondered around, swam, tried to communicate with the locals, etc...
    I can't say I fell i love with the place, but it was pretty good. I think staying a bit longer and having more resources to explore around would make me like it much more.
    What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    Fat, insecure, awkward, shy, unconfident but also quietly narcissistic.
    I lost weight, bought better clothes, got a new haircut, developed social skills. All of this tremendously boosted my confidence, but also reinforced my narcissism.
    What was your high school experience like?
    Depressive, boring and relatively unproductive during the first two years.
    Junior year was the beggining of my self development. I started various clubs, got involved in projects, made new friends, etc...
    The fourth year was the continuation of the third year
    Talk about a significant event from your life.
    When I got accepted into my dream university. I felt like a blindfold was removed from my eyes and I could finally see how to actualize everything I have been thinking about.
    Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like pre-school aged kids because their minds have still not been shaped by societal standards and the education system, which makes them really honest. They are very curious and I find it delightful to answer their questions. They are also cute.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Richard Phillips Feynman (/ˈfaɪnmən/; May 11, 1918 – February 15, 1988) was an American theoretical physicist, known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics - Wikipedia

He was LIE
    I haven't read your questionnaire closely enough to give a difinitive type yet (imo). But I think you value NiSe more than NeTi. Your similarities to Feynman are just a spontanious thought of mine. Maybe this can serve as a starting point for you and others.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You look LIE to me, too. That was a pretty good description of me when I was 20 or so.

Some advice: Forget about the yacht; they are money sinks. Fast cars are affordable toys, though.
    Also forget about the mansion, unless you view it as an investment. It will tie you down. Go on vacations to other countries instead, preferably with someone you like.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

without video it lacks the 50% of the useful data
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    without video it lacks the 50% of the useful data
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    Typists hate him. Try this to know your real type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Typists hate him.
    paranoics hate it

Cosmic Teapot you placed your video on the weird socionic forum. And you are still alive. It's a mirracle.

> Try this to know your real type.

to give significanly more of the useful data to have significantly higher chance on the correct result

I also doubt those lame questionnaires, used by the very most of members, give more accuracy than an average test.
    You ruin the possibility to get the typing use from the forum by scaring poor girls by weird stalkers. Professional typers prefer to have the visual info - mb they have the reasons. Besides my experiments with VI by videos, which proved enough use from nonverbal in typing.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wondered at first if @Adam Strange had created a second account to troll us, so LIE could work.

No F, lots of N means obvious NT, so Alpha or Gamma quadra.

Extraversion very likely, so that leaves ENTp and ENTj.

It sounds like ISFj would complement you (can stand up to you, realistic, concrete--probably Se) more than ISFp.

I see a lot of Ne stuff, but then you go into a bunch of Ni stuff that sounds more integral to your personality.

Si polr issues sound possible here too.

"Learning to smile" sounds a little strange to me, lol, no offense. The ILEs I know smile pretty easily. I guess this could be some Fe role thing.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey LIE!! ;-]

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot
    I'll kill myself for forgetting to mention Feynman. He's my hero.
    After inundating one of my friends with Feynman videos, he noted my similarity to him.
    Having read about his life though, I'd say I'm a bit more serious. I am this weird combination of 60% irreverence and 40% seriousness.
    Also, I've seen him typed ENTp, what's the deal?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    I used the yacht, cars and the mansion mostly for exaggeration haha
    It depends on the amount of money I could spend; if I had billions, I wouldn't mind wasting it on a yacht. Just to show off a bit. The same goes for the mansion.
    I'm curious to which specific parts of the answers in the questionnaire you relate the most. Also, when I did the socionics test, I got ENTj-1Te too, but I relate more to ENTj-Ni. I didn't want to mention what the tests said or what I thought I was as to remove any bias.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, Niko.
    I’ve noted below where I see similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by niko View Post
    hotelambush Questionnaire
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Instructions:
    -
    Tell me about yourself
    I am a physics student in my early 20s. I have been interested in typology for quite some time as a tool for understanding myself and other people. I never managed to type myself correctly though, so I came here for some help.
    What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I'm studying theoretical physics. I was considered bright in elementary and high school and everyone was forcing and trying to manipulate me to go into engineering because of the career perspectives. However, I didn't yield to the pressure and now I'm doing what I love. The reason I wanted to study it is, besides pure passion, the fact that it gives me an overview of a lot of fields. I consider having a wide knowledge base to be very useful for me. My goal is to have my own business/research lab where I can apply concepts from theoretical physics into real-life problems (ex. quantum computing)
    I studied physics in HS, and I prefer theoretical physics. I never took an engineering course in my life, since I regarded engineering as “plug the numbers into the formula”. No insight whatsoever. I got interested in Astronomy when I was about 12, because it led into almost every other field.

What are your values, and why?
    I don't know how to answer questions like these. The only way I could describe it is individualism.
    Everyone should take care of themselves and the ones close to them without hurting the others.
    And loyalty too; I'm extremely loyal and I expect the same in return.
    Have you read any Heinlein? He’s pretty big on individualism, and I think he’s LIE, although he sometimes comes across as LSE.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    During the school year, I spend most of my time doing school-related activities. I don't do them alone though; I like visiting different libraries where I can both study, but also meet new people. They provide me with new ideas, insights and can be really useful (connections).
    I don't go out much on weekends, mostly because I'm saving money. Ideally, I'd like to have wild(er) weekends, after a week of hard work.
    I also really like visiting nature. Mountain climbing, hiking, wild isolated beaches? I'M IN! I like going on physically demanding adventures because they take my mind off university/studying.
    I ran track in HS but otherwise studied. I never went out to parties. I did travel to star parties anywhere they were held. My parents’ house bordered a large park with hills and a river, and my dog and I would go there every day after school.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I look for someone who is intelligent and can stand up to me. They have to be able to hold intellectual discussions but also be realistic, able to function in the real world and achieve their goals. While I can enjoy dreamy people too, I can't stand them in the long-term.
    As for romantic relationships, the previous qualities still stand. However, I also want someone who is emotionally more open than me and can help me manage and express mine. They should have a wild side too.
    Lol. I looked for exactly the same thing (high intelligence tempered with some feeling), and eventually found a brilliant SLI, whom I married. And divorced.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Mostly regarding my lack of tact and deeply controversial opinions. These arguments happen on regular bases.
    Sometimes I get criticized for being too ambitious and optimistic. I defend myself by saying "wait and see", but I do acknowledge that they are partially correct.

How would your friends describe you?
    Whenever we recall our first encounters, they like to mention that I seem polite/civil, confident but pretty aloof. I've recently learned how to smile more.
    People that know me a bit more would say that I'm funny, sarcastic, ambitious and knowledgeable.
    Only to my closest friends (3 of them throughout my life), have I revealed my deeper emotions; almost never face to face though, mostly through text. They would probably describe me exactly like the rest of my social circle, but also as very caring, loyal and emotional, deep down.
    I have also noticed that I am the go-to person when someone needs future, career and practical advice.
    I, too, had exactly three friends growing up. Still do.
    Before I hit my extroversion stride, people who didn’t know me well would notice that I almost never talked, except to say something that I thought was worth saying. This brought the frequent comment that “still waters run deep”. But it just seemed that way to them. In reality, I had little to no idea about how to make friends, so I kept quiet most of the time and just observed.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My tendency to live too much in the future, not caring much about the present.
    Being too critical and set in my ways. I also have problems with staying concentrated when I have to focus on details.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I am the master of big-picture thinking but I am not the most capable one in managing the details.
    I'm also shitty in understanding emotions and human relationships. I think of these things in a very black and white way; for ex. I either like someone or I don't, you are either my friend or you're not. While in reality, it's much more complicated. I have a few friends whom I consult when the need arises in these situations.
    Uh, same. What can I say?

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I see using social media as a chore. I don't like it very much (except the memes), but I need to be active since that's where most of the people are if/when I need them.
    Talking about things that are actually relevant, doing science, making plans, etc... I also, weirdly, like walking way more than other people. When I'm going somewhere alone, I always walk. I hate it when people like to stay comfy and talk about comfy stuff all the time.
    Before I could drive, I swore I’d never drive to any place that was closer than two miles away, which was the distance I walked to and from HS every day. I still like to walk a lot.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I want to be really successful in my field, get a Ph.D., get a job at a company or research center to gain some experience and make connections. Then I want to open my own business or research lab where I can apply advanced physics concepts in solving modern day issues, more specifically space travel, quantum computing and genetical engineering.
    If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Most likely the same things I'm doing/plan to do right now. Except I'd be doing it in an expensive seaside mansion.
    I'd fund a cutting-edge research facility and be the leader of it.
    I'd spend money on fast cars, yachts, and travel.
    My understanding of living comfortably is different than most people's I guess.
    My goals were exactly the same. I set a time limit on them to accomplish them all before I was 48. I didn’t do exactly what I had planned, but I came close in some areas and overshot in others. The general plan was there from the first, though.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    If the norm is to be really indirect, fake, and passive-aggressive, I get delighted whenever someone does the exact opposite.
    I like contrarian people who stand up for their ideals.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    Nothing, I don't care about that, as long as it's hygienic.
    I really like going to the supermarket for groceries.
    I hate cleaning my living spaces.
    I like staying hygienic and eating as healthy as I can.
    Same. Parts of my house are a mess, but it is a clean mess.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I used to be pretty awkward and aloof. I used to not be able to voice my opinions since I was very insecure.
    Now I'm mostly polite but still aloof. I disagree and voice my opinions very easily, although, on very rare occasions, especially when I meet someone from the shitty period of my life, I may get uncomfortable again. I have also learned how to smile more, recently. It really helps, since I can still debate and disagree with people, without being a complete asshole and putting them off forever.
    One day you’ll wake up and much to your surprise, will find that you are considered to be super-extroverted.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    It really depends on my mood, the person and the nature of the conflict.
    With people I know well (and with people from whom I can get away with my behavior), I can be extremely aggressive.
    Generally, though, I stay calm and voice my opinions directly. Assertive but not aggressive.
    I generally tend to "win." Naturally, there have been situations in life where I got overpowered. After those "defeats", I feel really angry and disappointed with myself for not being hard enough. I might plot a long revenge plan which is magnitudes harsher.
    I’ve gotten into several fist fights in my life. Won half, lost half, and even when I won I felt bad.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I'll mention three since they are related:

1. That there is little hope for a better future
    2. That you have to be a genius to succeed
    3. That success is dependent only on luck.

1. It's because of people like this that humanity is not advancing as fast as we theoretically could.
    2. It is well known that success takes a lot of hard work. Sure talent comes in handy, but without nurture, it's the hard worker that wins
    3. What we call luck is just a set of factors we haven't taken into account. With planning and research, we can eliminate a lot of the unknown variables. Of course, we are still not able to predict everything, but this should not stop anyone from trying
    I believed this, too. I was wrong.
    Having met a few millionaires, I can safely say that: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...s-just-chance/

What did you do last Friday?
    Did some studying, read some cool stuff online, watched a movie (partly) and went out for a beer with friends.
    Please save your answers offline so you do not accidentally lose them!Part 2
    -
    What is your biggest accomplishment?
    I still think that my biggest accomplishment is still in the future. I see the place and the person I am right now to be the biggest accomplishment.
    What is something you regret?
    Not deciding to improve my social skills earlier. My quality of life has improved indescribably
    Who do you admire, and why?
    I don't really admire people. I really like Elon Musk though. I agree with a lot of his enterprises and ideas.
    What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    My university and future related problems are always on my mind but not in an anxious way. More like anticipation.
    What has been actually making me anxious is the fact that I still do not have a meaningful romantic relationship. Sometimes it makes me feel deprived, lonely and brutally jealous of people having them. I hate the fact I'm emotionally stunted.
    I was a virgin until I was 25. I made up for lost time after that.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am an agnostic. I have a long, complicated history with religion. As a kid I was relatively religious. By the beggining of high school I was pretty much a non-believer but I still had my doubts and fears. Then a period of violently oscillating beliefs began which ended with me realising that the concept of a deity is illogical.
    What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I believe a person should be free to pursue whatever he wants as long as he doesn't ruin other people's lives. The common way to define my views would be socially left, economically center-right.
    I care about politics as long as caring is advantageous. I am not one to read about world political events every day. I simply can't care.
    Same, except my economic views are pretty liberal. It comes from seeing how wealth and opportunity are distributed in society.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    YES YES YES! That is my dream as I previously mentioned. Business is the most efficient way I can push my ideas into the world. I would be the founder and the CEO.
    What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    The perfect work environment is one where both cooperation and individual merits are valued.
    Workers should be provided with the latest tech,
    Absolutely the same.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    During high school, in decreasing order: Sociology>biology>chemistry>physics ----> Physics was not my favorite since the teacher was stupid, while the sociology one was awesome and he made me like the social disciplines.

My current favorite one is called computer programming in physics. I like it a lot since it merges physics with the hottest current field, which is programming

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I am highly selective about what I accept the responsibility for. Once committed though, I'm all in and I expect the same from the others.
    Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    A small seaside town where I went with my family. I wondered around, swam, tried to communicate with the locals, etc...
    I can't say I fell i love with the place, but it was pretty good. I think staying a bit longer and having more resources to explore around would make me like it much more.
    All the same.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    Fat, insecure, awkward, shy, unconfident but also quietly narcissistic.
    I lost weight, bought better clothes, got a new haircut, developed social skills. All of this tremendously boosted my confidence, but also reinforced my narcissism.

What was your high school experience like?
    Depressive, boring and relatively unproductive during the first two years.
    Junior year was the beggining of my self development. I started various clubs, got involved in projects, made new friends, etc...
    The fourth year was the continuation of the third year
    I actually liked HS, but then I had both a great school and low expectations.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    When I got accepted into my dream university. I felt like a blindfold was removed from my eyes and I could finally see how to actualize everything I have been thinking about.
    I only applied to one school and got accepted into the Honors program there. It radically changed my life for the better.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like pre-school aged kids because their minds have still not been shaped by societal standards and the education system, which makes them really honest. They are very curious and I find it delightful to answer their questions. They are also cute.
    Kids are the best thing in the world. Long after the best project you ever worked on is forgotten, your kids will still be around and doing.

It seems like there are only 16, maybe 32, people in the world. Lol.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot
    I'll kill myself for forgetting to mention Feynman. He's my hero.
    After inundating one of my friends with Feynman videos, he noted my similarity to him.
    Having read about his life though, I'd say I'm a bit more serious. I am this weird combination of 60% irreverence and 40% seriousness.
    Also, I've seen him typed ENTp, what's the deal?
    please don't
    I read some of his biography and thought that sounded like LIE. I've never questionned that thought. He wrote a book about quantum electro dynamics in which he repeatedly stated that you kind of have to ignore that it makes no sense (or something like that) to appreciate it. I thought that would be odd for a Ti-ego type. I could be wrong about his type but I find LIE more propable - until I find reasons against it.

edit: he VIs as LIE imo
    http://archives-dc.library.caltech.e...tream/JPG/view

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gonna go with LIE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on LIE.

Te is easily recognisable, so I'm not quoting any statement.

Ni valuing/Si devaluing:
    Fi/Se valuing:
    I look for someone who is intelligent and can stand up to me. They have to be able to hold intellectual discussions but also be realistic, able to function in the real world and achieve their goals. While I can enjoy dreamy people too, I can't stand them in the long-term. As for romantic relationships, the previous qualities still stand. However, I also want someone who is emotionally more open than me and can help me manage and express mine. They should have a wild side too.
    Se valuing/Si devaluing:
    Most likely the same things I'm doing/plan to do right now. Except I'd be doing it in an expensive seaside mansion. I'd fund a cutting-edge research facility and be the leader of it.I'd spend money on fast cars, yachts, and travel. My understanding of living comfortably is different than most people's I guess.
    Si Devaluing:
    I hate it when people like to stay comfy and talk about comfy stuff all the time.
    LIE works best, with strong Te/Ni in control, obvious Fi/Se seeking and Si PoLR.

As for the subtype, I don't see a prevalent one. Hope it helps.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess LIE it is, at least according to my answers.

How does VI work though? It seems like a long shot, but eh, worth a try. Where should I upload the video/photograph?

Oh and thanks to everyone for assisting me in finding out my type!

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess LIE it is, at least according to my answers.

How does VI work though? It seems like a long shot, but eh, worth a try. Where should I upload the video/photograph?

Oh and thanks to everyone for assisting me in finding out my type!
    Some photographs by Filatova: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=Photographs_of_Types_by_Filatova
    VI "works" under the assumption that people of a certain type share similar facial features, gestures, body language in general and sometimes tone of voice even use of language etc.
    If you try really hard you'll find similarities with time and get a gut feeling about the type of the person simply by looking at their photo a video. It's far away from a technique than can be taken seriously imo because you can project expectations on people and ignore everything that speaks against a typing to confirm your own first impression

It makes more sense if you post your video (and photos) in this thread instead - but you can do what you want of course

There is a thread for member photos here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Picture-Thread

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm at the very beginning of understanding how types work in a complex level, and typing people well, but what came to my mind was also LIE.