I've seen Intuitives do the same ^^

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    ok.. hmm... I think Ne too is about some kind of inner essence tho, I explain it to myself as this: since Ne sees the potential of the objects, it's able to capture the inner essence of something/someone and develop from that.
    My take on this is: Someone with good intuition (or intution as a ego function) is good at utilizing intuition in general, but you have to decide which way you want to go, convergence () or divergence ().
    You can't go both directions at the same time... but I guess someone can go both directions, but anyone has a preference to go in one direction. The other direction is more heading towards foreign terrain.
    and are two different viewing angles of intuition.
    Socionics supports this thesis. Someone with strong has also strong and vice versa.
    The weakness of people with a strong focus of intuition is sensing.

I noticed this in myself that I operate in two different modes:
    When I focus towards intuition my threshold of sensing stimuli is much higher; mainly I become quite unaware of noises and smells in my environment.
    And I realize when I notice noises and smells in my environment my intuition is in hibernation mode.

as feelers share in common an understanding of humanity... and thinkers stick to logical consistency.
    The feeling is judging based on the needs of living creatures in general, I'd say.
    Thinking is judging based on laws of pragmatism or rules of cause and effect.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My take on this is: Someone with good intuition (or intution as a ego function) is good at utilizing intuition in general, but you have to decide which way you want to go, convergence () or divergence ().
    You can't go both directions at the same time... but I guess someone can go both directions, but anyone has a preference to go in one direction. The other direction is more heading towards foreign terrain.
    and are two different viewing angles of intuition.
    Socionics supports this thesis. Someone with strong has also strong and vice versa.
    The weakness of people with a strong focus of intuition is sensing.

When I focus towards intuition my threshold of sensing stimuli is much higher; mainly I become quite unaware of noises and smells in my environment.
    And I realize when I notice noises and smells in my environment my intuition is in hibernation mode.
    ^ This. Spot on.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting take... I tend to notice it a lot with T/F... when I am overwhelmed by some emotional thoughts, my logical abilities go MIA.... lol, which is me at work.

Idk about convergence/divergence... I'll think it through but I guess I get what you're saying, the Ni is more aiming to encompass space and time altogether as if... God. Ne is more about taking things apart in order to further develop them singularly?... somehow I think thinking like this you're actually overlapping the 2 functions... I'm confused!

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I know you were probably joking but I said it anyway. Hope I answered your question
    Yeah, I was joking, at least partly; because my - realized some conceptual inconsistency.

Philosophically my own view of the world is much closer to that one of Thomas Hobbes. I don't believe in existence outside of time and space.

and, yes it is being slow for me too lately.
    Thank you for your confirmation.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was joking, at least partly; because my - realized some conceptual inconsistency.

Philosophically my own view of the world is much closer to that one of Thomas Hobbes. I don't believe in existence outside of time and space.

Thank you for your confirmation.
    I also thought of multiple personality disorder before I posted my description, hah. Interesting to see you pick up on it right away.

I liked Aylen's take on it. I'd add that even if a personality is fragmented, that fact might point at a certain essence or core being.

It is easier to imagine the core to be whole, but it might be fragmented or discolored or torn apart, and still count as the essence of something.

I am not an expert on the subject, but with MPD, it seems like the individual has compartmentalized certain experiences and mindsets due to trauma, and keeps replaying them to cope with it. Now what the essence of that person is exactly, is not easy to tell and depends on the individual.

We may strive for clear answers, but the journey of finding them matters to Ni as well. Ni is not necessarily always concerned with the definite, though that is its aim. Sometimes the journey has more value than reaching the destination itself.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting take... I tend to notice it a lot with T/F... when I am overwhelmed by some emotional thoughts, my logical abilities go MIA.... lol, which is me at work.
    I guess people with feeling ego have a hard time in jobs that demand logical decision making or at least with a high degree of making logical decisons... because it's outside of your natural preference and you want to be true to yourself and your values.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I also thought of multiple personality disorder before I posted my description, hah. Interesting to see you pick up on it right away.
    Concepts tend to share common ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, intuition deals with abstraction in general. Ne is more about what something could be (abstractly), and Ni is more about what something is/will be (abstractly).“

Why would nature create Ne ? It seems useless compared to what Ni is described to be.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NAWTEASE View Post
    Yeah, intuition deals with abstraction in general. Ne is more about what something could be (abstractly), and Ni is more about what something is/will be (abstractly).“

Why would nature create Ne ? It seems useless compared to what Ni is described to be.
    because Ti and Fi is where the Ne ego goes deeper

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NAWTEASE View Post

Ne is good for innovation. New ways of looking and conceptualizing the world. Innovations, new philosophies, and technological progress depend on Ne in certain ways. Ne can be the beginning of a later creation. First you conceptualize how something could be, and then later someone might actually put it into practice. You could say that's how Alpha and Beta, and Gamma and Delta can work in tandem. Academia can be quite Ne-heavy, especially the humanities like literature, which tend to follow Delta NF preferences and strengths. We need Ne to have something to think about; something to predict or something to put into practice. Ne can be a starting point, that's probably why Alpha is put on the first spot of the Quadra succession.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone asked about the difference between Ti PoLR and Seeking, and I came up with a little description. (Discuss!)

"Ti seeking is interested in how the inner workings of things are, the details of logical frameworks, when EIE then it is more about practical things, when ESE then it is often about more abstract things like astrophysics, but they can like both of course. with Ti PoLR, they may appreciate it if someone is good at that stuff, but they don't really wanna deal with those details, they annoy them, they don't see a use in them. IEE can be a bit of an exception because they are open minded to all kinds of ideas, practical or impractical, in that sense their Ti PoRL is more "flexible" perhaps thanks to Ne lead, at least in practice. with SEE, if you tell them the details of some abstract theory, they get bored and want you to get to the point, aka what is the meaning of this in the grand scheme of things (Ni seeking), why do you tell me this, what can I actually do with it (Se/Te)"
    If you're trying to distinguish between TiSe and TiNe superid, "practical" is probably not the best word to use.

The idea generally is that EIEs are more focused on having an impact on the world than ESEs, their Ti is less for the purpose of "mental play". Although, they are more intellectual and arguably do engage with abstract structures and academia more despite the fact that they tend to want to turn them into something more impactful or "political".

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    If you're trying to distinguish between TiSe and TiNe superid, "practical" is probably not the best word to use.

The idea generally is that EIEs are more focused on having an impact on the world than ESEs, their Ti is less for the purpose of "mental play". Although, they are more intellectual and arguably do engage with abstract structures and academia more despite the fact that they tend to want to turn them into something more impactful or "political".
    I actually wasn't talking about their super-ids, but their Duals, who are either ST or NT respectively.
    An EIE would rather appreciate the more "practical" Ti advice from their ST dual, whereas an ESE would rather appreciate the more "abstract" Ti explanations from their NT dual.

Now I am saying dual... I could also generalize it. People don't really "need" their Duals, but that's the kind of information they find the most personally useful and valuable. An EIE would be more appreciative of ST advice, and an ESE of NT advice, based on their own strengths and weaknesses and values.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually wasn't talking about their super-ids, but their Duals, who are either ST or NT respectively.
    An EIE would rather appreciate the more "practical" Ti advice from their ST dual, whereas an ESE would rather appreciate the more "abstract" Ti explanations from their NT dual.

Now I am saying dual... I could also generalize it. People don't really "need" their Duals, but that's the kind of information they find the most personally useful and valuable. An EIE would be more appreciative of ST advice, and an ESE of NT advice, based on their own strengths and weaknesses and values.
    Yes, but people appreciate their duals because of how their psyche is structured internally.

In fact, I think the blocked elements aren't as closely related as you're implying. It's easier to just say that ESEs have strong Se and therefore don't need as much help with it (like, organizing their living space). Similarly EIEs don't need help considering or seeking out new possibilities and information; they do that for themselves.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Too much weirdness 4me. At least when I smell something it is indication that I need to look into something. When I taste something I start to wonder about chemistry etc. I can not fully immerse myself without mental wandering.
    Others: Look at scenery. Yes, it is spring god dammit... and it would be nice to conduct some new experiments if I could.
    People think I'm weird.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    At least when I smell something it is indication that I need to look into something. When I taste something I start to wonder about chemistry etc. I can not fully immerse myself without mental wandering.
    I guess I know what you mean, but my focus is more on . I do more of a evaluation if a sensing impression is novel or familiar to me.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Even people that have "multiple personality disorder"?
    For some, essence is our greater being outside time, space and human thought processes. Think of it as the oversoul of all the lifetimes lived, whole and profoundly aware without the senses, holding the core of your true being. Each lifetime you live has it's own unique soul for guidance. The small voice within...

Human terms do not do this concept justice. If you don't believe in more than one lifetime then it is meaningless anyway. There is no mpd at the core of a whole being. If a therapist tries to convince someone they are fragmented when they are not it is unethical and sometimes tragic. True DID is rare and due to extreme abuse. There can be temporary DID due to stress and overwhelming situations like the death of loved ones coinciding with other trauma. When someone has blurred lines between one lifetime and another they can become confused until they learn to tell what belongs to the their current lifetime and what belongs to another time and place. There is also the human imagination which is not limited in depth or breadth except by what it chooses to filter and focus on.

I know you were probably joking but I said it anyway. Hope I answered your question

and, yes it is being slow for me too lately.
    Yeah the personality (persona, latin for mask) is not the core being.

The author Malphas, who I think has a pretty interesting model of the human soul, divides the soul into three aspects, the familiar (automatic processes, emotion, instinct etc), the advocate (or the persona, who we are in the eyes of society and how we see our conscious selves most of the time) and the daemon which is like the core essence/higher self you mention.

He talks about how these concepts are perceived across different world cultures, for example the Greek "Daemon", or Roman "Genius", are like his concept of the daemon, the Norse "Fylgja" seems to have aspects of both the familiar and the daemon, and the Hawaiian "Aumakua"resembles these as well.

I have seen more evidence through experience that the familiar and advocate exist, but the daimon is more elusive. I think it has some things in common with the familiar nonetheless because automatic responses (which seem like accidents) can sometimes seem to lead to things that define your life (in my experience). For example, going to the pool one day and meeting my first girlfriend. That was totally an "accident" right there, yet it changed who I was forever. And that's why people invent religion too, to explain this kind of occurence, and to hope to control it by invoking gods, God, Karma, Fate etc. But there is only one person who is responsible for this, and that's the person you see in the mirror every morning...and that's the scary part, I think.

Yes, WinnieW was totally joking but it sparked some interesting discussion nonethless.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Character for a human is his daimon" Heraclitus

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

This is becoming my fav thread, some high quality discussion here

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is good for innovation. New ways of looking and conceptualizing the world. Innovations, new philosophies, and technological progress depend on Ne in certain ways. Ne can be the beginning of a later creation. First you conceptualize how something could be, and then later someone might actually put it into practice. You could say that's how Alpha and Beta, and Gamma and Delta can work in tandem. Academia can be quite Ne-heavy, especially the humanities like literature, which tend to follow Delta NF preferences and strengths. We need Ne to have something to think about; something to predict or something to put into practice. Ne can be a starting point, that's probably why Alpha is put on the first spot of the Quadra succession.
    Yep.

Quite generally, Ne is good for situations where you don't know what will (or should) happen. There, it's more helpful to come up with ideas for how to improve the current situation or what the "next step" could be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Ne is good for situations where you don't know what will (or should) happen.
    Ni is good "where you don't know what will (or should) happen" as it can feel that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If something does not fit to your opinion about someone's type then just ignore that. No one cares about your opinion, anyway.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Ni is good "where you don't know what will (or should) happen" as it can feel that.
    I can smell hotels LSI typing

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Socionics was made in USSR
    so to understand it good you need 2 important components
    vodka and balalaika

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you are a noob (in case you don't identify types regularly and better IRL for years - don't flatter to yourself, you are such) then you have no enough experience and sometimes even basic theory knowledge to be reasonably sure in your opinion about your type, or someone's else type. So when you get a disagreement with this opinion - you are starting to get significant doubts. Taking that real typing matches are <20% - it's rather common when a noob mistakes in a type - so to see disagreements about types is common too. This problem makes many noobs significantly upset. Especially with F types, as to be sure in T region about types is harder for them.

The popular way to supress the reasonable criticism is emotions! Just blame, insult, bark at your opponent. Emotions is the good way to supress the thinking and hence doubts too. You'll feel better with keeping your opinion! It's also useful to start personal relations with other noobs on a forum who agree with your opinion - so you'll be geting emotional support for that opinion and mb even a support in collective barking against those who disagree with you.
    It's especially useful to establish personal relations with a mod, who generally are same noobs and understand your problems, - to ask him to ban or assign censorship restrictions to those who disagee with you - to do this against the rules. Suprisingly, they often do so just to give you a pleasure and such to support further pleasant flooding with you. As it's hard for noobs to discuss, to understand and to use the typology good - but to flood they may good and mainly use forums for this. Ideally, would be to ask change the rules (unofficial forum's requirements, at least) to forbid disageements with you - to forbid discuss types on a typology forum. It's more suprisingly there exist such cases - typology forums where to say opinions about types is partly forbidden. As noobs are the majority on all typology forums, so it's doubtful there is a popular forum without illegal or by rules/requirements a typology censorship.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aggression leads to little understanding of a subject - much better to argue calmly with your opponent (especially arguing about the implications of the applied system, if such a thing is the subject of discussion). It makes little sense to visit a typology forum while not wishing to consider different perspectives on the pertinent school of typology and perspectives on your own place within that system.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If to take enough of drugs or alcohol then any heretical theory about types will start to work!

Anyone who truly understands the region of the 'polr' understands why you don't 'polr hit'.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, isnt christrian a weird SLI with a dark past and he obsesses over. i didnt really see how he was extroverted i think they are SLI-IEE pair maybe

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk your socioncs types but i feel your fe that you have it x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When someone is a fairly intelligent and creative female ESI-Fi type 4, there's a 100% chance they'll self type as IEI.
    Probably true

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost all public figures are Beta NF. Mainly IEI, and to a lesser extend EIE and LIE.

IEI is a very common type in big cities. Spends a significant amount of time on social media like reddit and twitter. Responsible for the majority of video uploads on youtube, twitch and tiktok.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Almost all public figures are Beta NF. Mainly IEI, and to a lesser extend EIE and LIE.

IEI is a very common type in big cities. Spends a significant amount of time on social media like reddit and twitter. Responsible for the majority of video uploads on youtube, twitch and tiktok.
    ENxP is what you mean
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CyclicalFreedom View Post
    ENxP is what you mean
    ENTp only uses the Internet to debate and to ask experts. Never has an ENTp used anything like the 280 character limit social media site. It is the most un-ENTp website in cyberspace.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819