Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Se-LSI guy talking about his experiences with Ti and Fe

LSI? What makes you think that?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    LSI? What makes you think that?
    - he identifies with descriptions of Ti and Se himself
    - he gets along with Fe-valuing types and afaik relates to IEIs
    - he is suspicious of IEEs, has even accused them of being "pathological liars", which is the usual dynamic for conflictors to grow suspicious of one another
    Last edited by silke; 04-23-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- he identifies with descriptions of Ti and Se himself
    - he gets along with Fe-valuing types and afaik has dated quite a few IEIs
    - he is suspicious of IEEs, has even accused them of being "pathological liars", which is the usual dynamic for conflictors to grow suspicious of one another
    First of all, this guy is not talking about Socionics, but about MBTI, so I have a few reservations about the things he says. First of all, the way MBTI describes information elements mostly reduces them to senseless Forer Effect ramblings that can be used to explain basically anything.

Then, he used Fe all the time, in a demonstrative fashion (sometimes mixed with Ne): e.g musically tapping his hands and fingers at 0:17 and 1:00 and 13:55. Makes funny faces and acts "super bubbly" at 1:22. He then rationalizes this by saying "I'm exaggerating right now, just for the sake of showing you the difference" (1:33, typical way of IEE making a point). "Once I start activating my Fe. I start... expressing myself and becoming a lot more interesting (4:33). IMO, he's giving perfect examples of demonstrative Fe.

He describes Ti with concepts that basically come down to what Socionics calls Si: "pretty passionless, pretty callous, kind of a monotonous voice" (1:14). "The way you physically use Ti...is just to relax all the muscles in your face" (2:09) Nowhere he mentions Ti as a form of "formal logic".

Another observation:
    - 2:53-3:00 Fi emotionality, he relaxes his face around in demonstration 3:20, but the hurt still shows, even at 3:47 where he denies still feeling hurt.

I've listened very carefully to the video, but I guess I missed the part where he says ENFPs (I assume that's what you mean by IEE) are pathological liars. What I want to say about that: we should not forget that MBTI, as it is practised by many enthousiasts, is very much influenced by David Keirsey's descriptions of types, and the Keirsey ENFP is actually much more like Socionics EIE. BTW, He seems to critize leading and creative Fe types (in the Socionics sense) a lot.

So what type is this guy? I think it's pretty much clear only after a few seconds he's IEE! Typical IEE face (the guy looks like a Rick DeLong with blond hair), behavior is IEE, emotionality is Fi-creative, this whole video is basically an IEE rambling Ne and demonstrative Fe. He claims he can hide emotions, but in this video gloriously fails at the attempts. That he can be unemotional, as he claims it, is also not uncommon to IEEs:

Last edited by consentingadult; 02-13-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I thought there could be a place to post videos of people who are beta. This could be an open thread which constantly gets bumped up when someone finds something relevant. I'll start with a video that gives me strong ESTp vibes:

I can't tell you how much I was smiling while I was watching that. I think it's his overall demeanor.
    Last edited by Dallas; 02-13-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

First of all, this guy is not talking about Socionics, but about MBTI, so I have a few reservations about the things he says. First of all, the way MBTI describes information elements mostly reduces them to senseless Forer Effect ramblings that can be used to explain basically anything.
    So what type is this guy? I think it's pretty much clear only after a few seconds he's IEE!
    Oh, I haven't typed him from this video alone. There is a lot of information and context that you're missing here trying to type him from one short video, resulting in you coming to some rather wild conclusions.

What he is talking about in this particular video has no bearing on his socionics type. There are quite a few members of MBTI communities who dabble in various others typologies and he has said himself that he identifies with Ti-Se and beta quadra values.

...That he can be unemotional, as he claims it, is also not uncommon to IEEs:
    Anybody can be unemotional at various periods in their life. I haven't seen a single human being who would be brimming with emotions all the time. This is a very poor argument for typing someone.
    Last edited by silke; 04-23-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    I can't tell you how much I was smiling while I was watching that. I think it's his overall demeanor.
    Same. He seems so...pleasant.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I haven't typed him from this video alone. There is a lot of information and context that you're missing here trying to type him from one short video, resulting in you coming to some rather wild conclusions.

What he is talking about in this particular video has no bearing on his socionics type. There are quite a few members of MBTI communities who dabble in various others typologies and he has confirmed it himself that he identifies with socionics descriptions of Ti-Se, ISTj profiles, and beta quadra values.
    I couldn't care less about how he types himself. Contrary to the other videos in this thread, this guy is obviously not Beta and shouldn't be in this thread. Period.

Anybody can be unemotional at various periods in their life. I haven't seen a single human being who would be brimming with emotions all the time. This is a very poor argument for typing someone.
    My point exactly. Which is why this guy is wrong about Ti and his type.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I couldn't care less about how he types himself. Contrary to the other videos in this thread, this guy is obviously not Beta and shouldn't be in this thread. Period.
    Your level of caring is not important. He knows himself better than you ever will from watching a single video. So you can take your presumptuous, uninformed opinion and shove it where such opinions usually get shoved.

Btw, this is not the first Beta ST that you've tried to re-type into IEE which happens to be your own type - link. Taking into account your recent comments concerning having erotic preferences for victims link1 link2, one may wonder whether you're trying to overidentify with aggressors by believing them to be identical with you.

My point exactly. Which is why this guy is wrong about Ti and his type.
    He isn't wrong about Ti since he isn't talking about socionics Ti in the first place. You're mixing up two typologies and being horribly inconsistent in your arguments.
    Last edited by silke; 04-23-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Roza Shanina perhaps

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Mallory

"Have we vanquished an enemy? None but ourselves."

“[EVER*EST] WAS A PRODI*GIOUS WHITE FANG EXCRES*CENT FROM THE JAW OF THE WORLD… WE WERE SAT*IS*FIED THAT THE HIGH*EST OF MOUN*TAINS WOULD NOT DIS*AP*POINT US.”

“BECAUSE IT’S THERE… EVER*EST IS THE HIGH*EST MOUN*TAIN IN THE WORLD, AND NO MAN HAS REACHED ITS SUM*MIT. ITS EXIS*TENCE IS A CHAL*LENGE. THE ANSWER IS INSTINC*TIVE, A PART, I SUP*POSE, OF MAN’S DESIRE TO CON*QUER THE UNIVERSE.”

http://blog.theclymb.com/passions/ex...eorge-mallory/

Known for possibly being the first to reach the peak of Mt. Everest. He died in the attempt. EIE is also possible.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yanina Wickmayer, Ti subtype.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White Mamba Brian Scalabrine

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian Scalabrine - Fe valuing, but SLE is unlikely, seems more like an intuitive, and logic is uncertain
    EIE is possible

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>InaLim - TIM SLE
    >profile picture is Hobbes the stuffed tiger

yeah... I have my doubts
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sol's brainslug boy back from the dead, this time with unsolicited avatar-typology. Surreal.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anson Mount

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123