Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Type with the worst temper

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type with the worst temper

I donīt know if I am putting this in the right words, but Iīve been told LSI is probably the type with the shortest irritation margin, which means, it is the type which can get inflamed and outraged the most easily, or at least easier than LSE.

Is there such a thing as a type with a shortest temper? I donīt see SLE as that btw.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament) [EDIT: or in expending energy on something as unnecessary as an emotional outburst]. One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

Which is why when they (or any IJ) erupt in anger it can be extra scary, it being so sudden and realizing something really bad must have triggered it.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how is it that you are LSI now?(what made you switch typings?)

yeah, beta STs arent hot headed, its LSE with their demonstrative Se.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say S > N, and 2d Fe. So ESTx. LSE > SLE because of devalued Fe. ESI is probably a step ahead of SLE.

edit: actually sensing serious rationals (LSE/ESI) are probably it.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE hands down, followed by EIE.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs act irritated all the time, so everyone considers it normal and it's surprising when they get really upset, yes.

I don't think temper is type related, by the way.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the real answer to this question is type 8s and 1s.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8>1
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament). One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

Which is why when they (or any IJ) erupt in anger it can be extra scary, it being so sudden and realizing something really bad must have triggered it.
    This.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixated E8s

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, 8s. Beyond that, NTR.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to make this sound like a conflictor bash, but ESFps tend to be pretty high up there in my experience. Take the raw force of Se and pair it with something other than a Ti function that can reason the option of getting angry "away" and you get a pretty volatile combination.

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected.
    I generally agree with this, but they are definitely easier to anger than most INxx types. They seem about moderate in this regard.

Also, what's up with everyone mentioning Rational types? If half of what the russian materials say is right these types are supposed to be better at controlling themselves and not giving in to random urges.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I don't mean to make this sound like a conflictor bash, but ESFps tend to be pretty high up there in my experience. Take the raw force of Se and pair it with something other than a Ti function that can reason the option of getting angry "away" and you get a pretty volatile combination.
    You probably take it more severely because you're INTj.

Also, what's up with everyone mentioning Rational types? If half of what the russian materials say is right these types are supposed to be better at controlling themselves and not giving in to random urges.
    It's more that rationals are convinced they have control over themselves, not that they actually do.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You probably take it more severely because you're INTj.
    Pick up any description of the ESFp type and you'll find it mentions they let their emotions run rampant. Its silly to assume the writers only meant positive ones.

Find me an actor that feels more in his element playing angry roles than this ESFp (Jack Nicholson):

It's more that rationals are convinced they have control over themselves, not that they actually do.
    Oh right, they fact they have strong rational functions to control their behavior is just a figment of their imagination.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think rationals have more to become temperamental about. Irrationals are pretty flexible.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think this is definitely true for xxTjs, but idk about xxFjs. I consider myself emotional cool and controlled, but I've found myself checked by others saying I need to calm down. When I get involved in argument, I lose sight of where my emotions go despite trying to stay objective. It might actually be Fe-role(ExTjs and not IxTjs).
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pick up any description of the ESFp type and you'll find it mentions they let their emotions run rampant. Its silly to assume the writers only meant positive ones.
    Regardless, this doesn't mean everyone's affected by it the same way. Some types will take it worse than others, some may not be phased much at all.

Find me an actor that feels more in his element playing angry roles than this ESFp (Jack Nicholson):
    He's likely ENFj, but I think its pointless to use synthetic behavior (acting) as exemplifying one's type.

Oh right, they fact they have strong rational functions to control their behavior is just a figment of their imagination.
    Insolent retard.

From Jung's Psychological Types:
    I term the two preceding types rational or judging types because they are characterized by the supremacy of the reasoning and the judging functions. It is a general distinguishing mark of both types that their life is, to a [p. 453] large extent, subordinated to reasoning judgment. But we must not overlook the point, whether by 'reasoning' we are referring to the standpoint of the individual's subjective psychology, or to the standpoint of the observer, who perceives and judges from without. For such an observer could easily arrive at an opposite judgment, especially if he has a merely intuitive apprehension of the behaviour of the observed, and judges accordingly. In its totality, the life of this type is never dependent upon reasoning judgment alone; it is influenced in almost equal degree by unconscious irrationality. If observation is restricted to behaviour, without any concern for the domestic interior of the individual's consciousness, one may get an even stronger impression of the irrational and accidental character of certain unconscious manifestations in the individual's behaviour than of the reasonableness of his conscious purposes and motivations. I, therefore, base my judgment upon what the individual feels to be his conscious psychology.

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    LSE hands down, followed by EIE.
    Why are LSEs short-tempered?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless, this doesn't mean everyone's affected by it the same way. Some types will take it worse than others, some may not be phased much at all.
    And how is my reaction to the anger relevant here at all? Where do I even mention my reaction? There are solid arguments in favor of attributing a loose temper to the ESFp type. This has nothing to do with my personal attitude towards them.

He's likely ENFj, but I think its pointless to use synthetic behavior (acting) as exemplifying one's type.
    There's no way an intuitive type can manifest an Se attitude as easily and naturally as he constantly does throughout his acting carreer. You will not find support for this view with anyone.

nsolent retard.

Originally Posted by Jung's Psychological Types
    I term the two preceding types rational or judging types because they are characterized by the supremacy of the reasoning and the judging functions. It is a general distinguishing mark of both types that their life is, to a [p. 453] large extent, subordinated to reasoning judgment. But we must not overlook the point, whether by 'reasoning' we are referring to the standpoint of the individual's subjective psychology, or to the standpoint of the observer, who perceives and judges from without. For such an observer could easily arrive at an opposite judgment, especially if he has a merely intuitive apprehension of the behaviour of the observed, and judges accordingly. In its totality, the life of this type is never dependent upon reasoning judgment alone; it is influenced in almost equal degree by unconscious irrationality. If observation is restricted to behaviour, without any concern for the domestic interior of the individual's consciousness, one may get an even stronger impression of the irrational and accidental character of certain unconscious manifestations in the individual's behaviour than of the reasonableness of his conscious purposes and motivations. I, therefore, base my judgment upon what the individual feels to be his conscious psychology.
    Jung is outdated and so far removed from mainstream socionics that his works can in no way be used as indications of the facts in socionics. You may as well start proving your socionical views with Keirsey's work like Phaedrus did. I see you have already adopted his communication style, so you should be about halfway there.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you, labcoat, now you'll have me dreaming about good SEE fight...

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how is my reaction to the anger relevant here at all? Where do I even mention my reaction? There are solid arguments in favor of attributing a loose temper to the ESFp type. This has nothing to do with my personal attitude towards them.
    You initiated the claim by drawing from your own experience. The point is, not every type will see it the same way you do.

There's no way an intuitive type can manifest an Se attitude as easily and naturally as he constantly does throughout his acting carreer. You will not find support for this view with anyone.
    I don't see anything compellingly ego about it. He's a damn fine actor and he does value IMO, but beyond that there isn't much that can be said based on this video.

Jung is outdated and so far removed from mainstream socionics that his works can in no way be used as indications of the facts in socionics.
    Lol, okay. Source the claim or don't bother asserting it.

You may as well start proving your socionical views with Keirsey's work like Phaedrus did. I see you have already adopted his communication style, so you should be about halfway there.
    Your cadence and argument style match more closely to Phaedrus than mine does haha. Only difference is that I've never seen you use explicit ad hominem, just implied ones like "".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realized Iīm not LSI actually...I definitely have Si in Ego block and Iīm something you could call a very easy person to put into flames, and I mean a real change in behavior.
    So I was wondering by this line of reasoning, Iīm really LSE, Maritsa was right, for good or bad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I realized Iīm not LSI actually...I definitely have Si in Ego block and Iīm something you could call a very easy person to put into flames, and I mean a real change in behavior.
    So I was wondering by this line of reasoning, Iīm really LSE, Maritsa was right, for good or bad.
    Maybe you just have problems with impulsivity and mood lability in an NTR sense? I don't know. I only have a vague online impression of you, but from that I would assume LSI>LSE for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think E8 has the worst temper. E1 has the most of rage but it erupts from time to time, E8 is confrontational all the time but not necessarily enraged.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see anything compellingly ego about it.
    Ever watched "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"? His character is random, loud, social and dismissive of authority, not to mention has anger bursts just like we are discussing in this thread. The role is typically ESxp and Nicholson fits it to a T, even to the point of winning oscars for playing it.

Your cadence and argument style match more closely to Phaedrus than mine does haha. Only difference is that I've never seen you use explicit ad hominem, just implied ones like "".
    Well you'll search in vain trying to find an instance in which I sunk as low as calling someone a retard on this forum in response to rational argument.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Maybe you just have problems with impulsivity and mood lability in an NTR sense? I don't know. I only have a vague online impression of you, but from that I would assume LSI>LSE for you.
    Interesting , why do you assume that, Ashton?

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Interesting , why do you assume that, Ashton?
    Ah man... how to put that in words... it was something in the way you spoke of the abyss of life, acceptance of suffering, your leanings towards spirituality, etc. Something in all of that—the general quality, the overall characteristic—struck me as an essentially Beta kind of outlook.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rational extroverts.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs don't get easily enraged. At all. They're usually calm and collected. They easily keep feelings of irritation under control (subdued ) and don't see the point in changing the status of their energy levels (IJ temperament) [EDIT: or in expending energy on something as unnecessary as an emotional outburst]. One of their main roles is to passivate their emotionally volatile EIE duals.

This reply from JRXTES made a lot of sense to me, from the LSIs I know personally, theyīre just like this. Very hard to put into an outrage. This matched how I see Germans in general as being very hard to put into outrage, and this was said by another forum member who lived there I think Pinnochio. This could serve as a line of reasoning since Germany is so much LSI and I think we have most people here agreeing on this starting by German members of the forum.

Iīm not easy to get into anger but my treshold is a lot lower than LSIs I know, basically my uncle and a psychiatrist doc whoīs a friend of mine whom Iīve seen being publicly offended in loud voice and not losing his cool temper. I imagine what would my uncle be like when he actually got enraged. Heīd probably pull a 45 out of his back and shoot the offender right on or something like that. In my 28 years of life I donīt remember him losing his cool, german-like behavior.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily image an ExFj losing emotional control by breaking into tears or taking an overly victim-like attitude, but for them to manifest an offensive angry attitude is out of place. That seems to take more of an Se (has raw force, might as well use it) or Tj (has a vested interest in some practical effect that they might defend with impunity) ish stance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever watched "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"? His character is random, loud, social and dismissive of authority, not to mention has anger bursts just like we are discussing in this thread. The role is typically ESxp and Nicholson fits it to a T, even to the point of winning oscars for playing it.
    Yeah, I love that movie. But I can't see that kind of behavior as being uniquely indicative of ego. One may as well make the argument that Jack Nicholson was merely acting out an agenda or something of this nature. AFAIK, he doesn't behave this way IRL outside of his acting roles.

Well you'll search in vain trying to find an instance in which I sunk as low as calling someone a retard on this forum in response to rational argument.
    True, and I shouldn't have said it. I just get annoyed when people respond with "" and the like because to me its equally rude and offensive as calling someone as "insolent retard."

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily image an ExFj losing emotional control by breaking into tears or taking an overly victim-like attitude, but for them to manifest an offensive angry attitude is out of place. That seems to take more of an Se (has raw force, might as well use it) or Tj (has a vested interest in some practical effect that they might defend with impunity) ish stance.
    That seems a depressingly unrealistic view of people. I'd have a hard time imagining that most ExFj males (or females for that matter) would take that approach heh.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That seems a depressingly unrealistic view of people. I'd have a hard time imagining that most ExFj males (or females for that matter) would take that approach heh.
    It was a purposely exaggerated statement. What I think is that most people can relate to the view that ExFjs on the whole more easily slide to the victimized, defensive side of emotion than to the aggressive, offensive side. Males wouldn't be too much different from females in this regard.

ps. how else would it be that the "victim" sexual attitude can pair with Fe whereas the "aggressor" attitude is to such an extent incompatible with it that a combination with it is fully inconceivable.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE anger doesn't really feel like anything, their emotions change so often it almost means nothing.

LSE on the other hand are more persistent, adamant, pushy, and control centered that the possibility of physical altercation is steadily high. Something to be taken abit more seriously in my book, although this could just be my own subjective conflictor bashing at work.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a purposely exaggerated statement. What I think is that most people can relate to the view that ExFjs on the whole more easily slide to the victimized, defensive side of emotion than to the aggressive, offensive side. Males wouldn't be too much different from females in this regard.
    Eh. This all just strikes me as a rather silly attribution altogether.

ps. how else would it be that the "victim" sexual attitude can pair with Fe whereas the "aggressor" attitude is to such an extent incompatible with it that a combination with it is fully inconceivable.
    Um, how is that? And what about Te pairing?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    SEE anger doesn't really feel like anything, their emotions change so often it almost means nothing.

LSE on the other hand are more persistent, adamant, pushy, and control centered that the possibility of physical altercation is steadily high. Something to be taken abit more seriously in my book, although this could just be my own subjective conflictor bashing at work.
    nah, I agree. LSEs are less changing about their positions. LSEs build up a bit and explode into a rage and they can hold a grudge for a while just smoldering, and become very touchy. SEEs can have a temper, but it usually seems like a gut reaction that didn't mean much a few moments later.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with everything here.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a horrible temper.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, how is that? And what about Te pairing?
    The same would go for it. I'm not the one attributing bad tempers to Exxj types.

Quite a lot of ESTjs that I come across are a lot like this forum's Director Abbie. Calm and civil, not inclined to fly into a rage at all. Bad tempers aren't exactly universal in that type either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same would go for it. I'm not the one attributing bad tempers to Exxj types.
    Even if some ENXj had a horrible temper and was a bossy, domineering prick in his public life, maybe when he goes home he gets fucked in the ass by his wife. You can't use people's publicly observable behavior as a gauge of victim/aggressor attitudes I don't think.

Quite a lot of ESTjs that I come across are a lot like this forum's Director Abbie. Calm and civil, not inclined to fly into a rage at all. Bad tempers aren't exactly universal in that type either.
    I agree with bad tempers not being universal to the type.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast