Default I like food

does this makes me value Si?

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. If you watch carefully you’ll notice that Se-Ni valuers frown while chewing food.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, Food

the eternal enemy for Gammas and Betas

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't necessarily indicate Si ego
    normal relationship with food
    undereating or overeating
    liking food

Might indicate Si ego
    the above plus:
    treating food as an entity: 'foodies' that love trying out dishes at different establishments
    speaking at large about food and its preparation
    people that not uncommonly say things like "I came back home and my brother was still sleeping, that bum, so I dragged him out of bed and made him some lunch. Later, some friends came over so I got into the kitchen and served them chocolate milk as they talked. Because he might be 20 but my lilttle brother still likes his chocolate milk lol" (Si creative).

The last two are more common in Alpha SF than Deltas STs I think.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like eating but don’t consider it an interesting topic of conversation, try to avoid eating for pleasure and don’t mind eating the same 3 things everyday (with slight variations) 90% of the time

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you like to eat a lot you’re most likely an estj
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like some foods
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like food so much I don't think I could live without it.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny2012 View Post
    If you like to eat a lot you’re most likely an estj
    My ESTj enjoys food as much as anyone else, but also he has alays been able to do without it. When he was wrestlikng in school, he always managed to meet weight loss goals [he wasn't overweight, but that is what wrestlers do...].
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband and I enjoy watching "Wednesdays with Kat and Steve" on youtube. Kat (pink hair lady) has been to Heaven many many times and people ask her questions about Heaven. On that Steve collects questions has Kat answer them. She (and other Heaven reporters, also) always says that people like to eat in Heaven; they love feasting together. So you keep liking food! It looks and tastes and feels like real food, but you don't NEED to eat like we do on earth, and you don't get over-full, or fat from it. As to meal-making - some people like to cook on earth, so they do in Heaven. She describes one such person that likes to cook, who was preparing food, and peeling a cucumber and the peel just disappears! Yes, everything we love to do in heaven, with none of the hard part!

That reminds me of Anne a Lay Apostle's Heaven visions. The first place she saw was a beautiful city with beautiful buildings and streets and she and Jesus visited a beautiful city stone home, and the woman there Anne knew right away - it was her grandmother whom had died before she was born and never met, but Anne had been named for this grandmother, and Anne instantly recognized her and "knew" her. There were other people in the room too and Anne asked her grandmother who had been busy with something what she was doing. She said, "Organizing things." and Anne asked, "Are things disorganized in Heaven?" And they all laughed, and her grandmother explained that on earth she always enjoyed organizing things, so she likes to do it in Heaven.

Anne also visted in Heaven the Blessed Mother in a home she had that was exactly like the one in Nazareth, and she was at a table mixing something in a bowl. Anne was fascinated with this and asked, "When i come to Heaven, can I help you mix in a bowl like that?" Our Lady of course told her yes. Our Lady, Queen of Heaven must have a castle or two up there, but the her favorite place in her heart must be her humble Nazareth home.

Kat always says, whatever you enjoy doing on earth, that is your gift, whether it is extreme sports, race car driving, or ANYTHING - you do it in Heaven, and it is way better than earth! In one of Anne's volumes, Jesus says that those who like science can keep on learning more and more and more science in Heaven. Kat said some people have their own horses and barns at their mansion. @Adam Strange, you can visit endless other planets all you want, too, and wear a spacesuit too, if you want! Kat is really into the planets and space travel. There are many modes of travel in Heaven, flying, or just arriving there instantly, or vintage cars or futuristic cars or trains - what you love on earth can/will be still enjoyed in Heaven. She also mentioned lots of restauaruants, as that is some people's gift, and they love having their own restaurant in Heaven. And everything of course is free! Jesus still enjoys being a carpenter, and there will be gifts of furniture that He made exactly and perfectly for us in our mansions.

10s of 1000s of people are having Heaven visits regularly and are telling us what they saw. So the veil is lifting on that! Kat said that in the VERY near future, visiting Heaven is something we can all ask God to let us do, and He will be happy to take us! Because we will be that intimate with Him, and so these visits will be commonplace. Available to not just a select few! Trips to Heaven - it is a gift for our times, these times now - the great Glory Days that are just beginning. 2022 will be amazing!!! For us in America, and for the whole world! For us, it is very soon.

When Kat goes on her Heaven visits, she is always a child of about 8, and she has been going regularly for years and years now.

Also Kim Robinson I like to listen to on youtube, about her trips to Heaven. She talks of fantastical amusement parks, swimming with the whales and dolphins, riding a dinoaur with Jesus in a huge dinosaur place - and all the animals talke to us in Heaven. And a gorilla pushing God on a swing! You get the idea of her Heaven experience from the cover of her book here:

I just can't stop thinking about Heaven lately. I want to be one of the ones who gets to visit, and I feel confident someday I will, because it will be a gift for so many, and also I know it is God that puts such desires in my heart. So I look forward to my turn!

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LadAhmed View Post
    Ah yes, Food

the eternal enemy for Gammas and Betas
    Can be if they don't know or care to balance it all. I am somewhat of a gourmand myself I must say. All of my family both blood and extended by whatever measure always asks me what I think of whatever dish they've devised and cooked up as they beg me to try a bite. I have inspired many to try "something new" just by existing somehow in their mind. My favorite instance of this was when I inspired one non-blood relation to try deep frying the Thanksgiving Turkey in Peanut Oil (I had warned them how to not set their house on fire beforehand and how soybean oil is right out on multiple fronts thankfully). Best. Turkey. Ever! That subtle peanut flavor on that crispy skin as I bit into that delicious dark leg meat... Perfection!

This may be the result of my LSE mother. isn't typically a strong point for Gammas like me but, well, people rub off on ya y'know? Constantly getting needled on my weak kinda forces me to develop it. Combine how an ILI tends to put things with a most refined pallet such that I can detect the kinds of spices used with a high degree of accuracy even if the dish is spicy (i.e. I can tell what common hot chili peppers were likely used here) and it all adds up.

People who know me come to me when they want a final answer to the question: "Is this a good recipe for this dish?" I'll tell em' the objective truth. As I do for everyone who asks me a question. I do not and will not hold back. Honesty is my name, but that carries with it a serious connotation. Do not ask me a question to which you, in your heart of hearts, don't want answered honestly. I literally cannot detect and compensate for that.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE I know like to cook healthy food. Because of that, their food may not taste as good as Gamma SF's.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    My husband and I enjoy watching "Wednesdays with Kat and Steve" on youtube. Kat (pink hair lady) has been to Heaven many many times and people ask her questions about Heaven. On that Steve collects questions has Kat answer them. She (and other Heaven reporters, also) always says that people like to eat in Heaven; they love feasting together. So you keep liking food! It looks and tastes and feels like real food, but you don't NEED to eat like we do on earth, and you don't get over-full, or fat from it. As to meal-making - some people like to cook on earth, so they do in Heaven. She describes one such person that likes to cook, who was preparing food, and peeling a cucumber and the peel just disappears! Yes, everything we love to do in heaven, with none of the hard part!

That reminds me of Anne a Lay Apostle's Heaven visions. The first place she saw was a beautiful city with beautiful buildings and streets and she and Jesus visited a beautiful city stone home, and the woman there Anne knew right away - it was her grandmother whom had died before she was born and never met, but Anne had been named for this grandmother, and Anne instantly recognized her and "knew" her. There were other people in the room too and Anne asked her grandmother who had been busy with something what she was doing. She said, "Organizing things." and Anne asked, "Are things disorganized in Heaven?" And they all laughed, and her grandmother explained that on earth she always enjoyed organizing things, so she likes to do it in Heaven.

Anne also visted in Heaven the Blessed Mother in a home she had that was exactly like the one in Nazareth, and she was at a table mixing something in a bowl. Anne was fascinated with this and asked, "When i come to Heaven, can I help you mix in a bowl like that?" Our Lady of course told her yes. Our Lady, Queen of Heaven must have a castle or two up there, but the her favorite place in her heart must be her humble Nazareth home.

Kat always says, whatever you enjoy doing on earth, that is your gift, whether it is extreme sports, race car driving, or ANYTHING - you do it in Heaven, and it is way better than earth! In one of Anne's volumes, Jesus says that those who like science can keep on learning more and more and more science in Heaven. Kat said some people have their own horses and barns at their mansion. @Adam Strange, you can visit endless other planets all you want, too, and wear a spacesuit too, if you want! Kat is really into the planets and space travel. There are many modes of travel in Heaven, flying, or just arriving there instantly, or vintage cars or futuristic cars or trains - what you love on earth can/will be still enjoyed in Heaven. She also mentioned lots of restauaruants, as that is some people's gift, and they love having their own restaurant in Heaven. And everything of course is free! Jesus still enjoys being a carpenter, and there will be gifts of furniture that He made exactly and perfectly for us in our mansions.

10s of 1000s of people are having Heaven visits regularly and are telling us what they saw. So the veil is lifting on that! Kat said that in the VERY near future, visiting Heaven is something we can all ask God to let us do, and He will be happy to take us! Because we will be that intimate with Him, and so these visits will be commonplace. Available to not just a select few! Trips to Heaven - it is a gift for our times, these times now - the great Glory Days that are just beginning. 2022 will be amazing!!! For us in America, and for the whole world! For us, it is very soon.

When Kat goes on her Heaven visits, she is always a child of about 8, and she has been going regularly for years and years now.

Also Kim Robinson I like to listen to on youtube, about her trips to Heaven. She talks of fantastical amusement parks, swimming with the whales and dolphins, riding a dinoaur with Jesus in a huge dinosaur place - and all the animals talke to us in Heaven. And a gorilla pushing God on a swing! You get the idea of her Heaven experience from the cover of her book here:

I just can't stop thinking about Heaven lately. I want to be one of the ones who gets to visit, and I feel confident someday I will, because it will be a gift for so many, and also I know it is God that puts such desires in my heart. So I look forward to my turn!
    ok that's nice but real question time now: do they have muslim food in heaven?
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post

IDK if they have muslim food in heaven, but they have 72 virgins in hell: https://viruscomix.com/page462.html

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    Yes!
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you should ask a potato
    in case feelings are mutual
    then may to be

more than average thinking about food arises a chance of S type
    Last edited by Sol; 12-30-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it makes you value Si. I think it just makes you like food.

Si comes in when it gets turned into a way of life in the sense that it influences one's quality of life. Food as a means to cause satisfaction, pleasure. Making it about food leads into convenience of how to get it, how to make it, where to make it, what is cooked, when its cooked...all of this affects the over all flow of life in the day to day activities of the Si person. What do you need to cook your food? This leads to a place, as in the kitchen, and what do you fill a kitchen, you need pots and pans, utensils, ovens, fridges, and so, this means that one needs to build a place of residence and so on a so forth. In order to have those things a certain level of balance in one's life is required in order to have the stability to pay and build such a residence to cook. It can come with singular effort, the Si type, or it can come from using family and friends to build such a home... What is the ambience of this kitchen? What sort of things can be kept there? Is there a freezer? And so on..

When Si is blocked with other elements, those elements give the Si its flavour? For instance, a Si blocked with Fe has the element of treatment for other people in order that they also enjoy the fruits of that effort. What informs the senses? This is where restaurants come into being, theme parks, the industriousness of food... Cooking Channel and so on.

And by the way, denial of food might also be Si. This is complex stuff, not surface typology.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LadAhmed View Post
    does this makes me value Si?
    the Se are dependent on the object to feel satisfaction. They are more likely to enjoy and pick food by the taste. Si types pick food to be healthy and gay.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincatrope View Post
    the Se are dependent on the object to feel satisfaction. They are more likely to enjoy and pick food by the taste. Si types pick food to be healthy and gay.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No it makes you human
    -

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always liked overcooked food for some reason. One of my favorite taste is overcooked crisps, you know the brown ones that you find sometimes in the crisps bag...

IMHO, I don't think that "liking" food or any other survival imperatives like drinking or moving is indicative of any IE valuing, that's just being alive 101.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I've always liked overcooked food for some reason. One of my favorite taste is overcooked crisps, you know the brown ones that you find sometimes in the crisps bag...

IMHO, I don't think that "liking" food or any other survival imperatives like drinking or moving is indicative of any IE valuing, that's just being alive 101.
    So does my IEI cousin and ESI aunt.
    -

TIM
    Tomato
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincatrope View Post
    I like to be healthy and gay