Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENTps do you see ISFps as better than yourself?

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I'm better than SEI's.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    No. I'm better than SEI's.

Can you say it a little louder please? I can’t hear you!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as others see us!
    It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
    An' foolish notion.”

― Robert Burns,

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Can you say it a little louder please? I can’t hear you!
    Well I meant in general. Individually, I am equal to everyone else. I'm better than all SEI's, except for all the ones that I know.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I meant in general. Individually, I am equal to everyone else. I'm better than all SEI's, except for all the ones that I know.
    Oh? So are you better then me hmm? Am I not your equal?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noooooo, i'm equal to you. When we're talking.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noooooo, i'm equal to you. When we're talking.
    When we’re taking? So the rest of the time you think I am beneath you?!? Don’t make me get the spray bottle

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we’re taking? So the rest of the time you think I am beneath you?!? Don’t make me get the spray bottle
    Well there's you, and then there's the abstract idea of all SEI's. When I stop talking to you, you morph back into that abstract idea inside of my head. This also means that technically I don't think you're beneath me, simply that you cease to exist inside my head when I stop talking to you.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there's you, and then there's the abstract idea of all SEI's. When I stop talking to you, you morph back into that abstract idea inside of my head. This also means that technically I don't think you're beneath me, simply that you cease to exist inside my head when I stop talking to you.
    You’re contradicting yourself bud, you say that you are better than SEI’s in general but I get morphed back into the abstract SEI…aka I disappear and beneath you

Im not getting the squirt bottle, I’m getting the freaking water gun!!

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re contradicting yourself bud, you say that you are better than SEI’s in general but I get morphed back into the abstract SEI…aka I disappear and beneath you

Im not getting the squirt bottle, I’m getting the freaking water gun!!
    Nononononono I'm not contradicting myself, I'm simply implying that you're in a quantum superposition between being equal and below me at any given time, and when observed you condense into becoming equal.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nononononono I'm not contradicting myself, I'm simply implying that you're in a quantum superposition between being equal and below me at any given time, and when observed you condense into becoming equal.
    I an equal all the time dammit! You’re a dirty dirty badger who needs to be sprayed with a squirt gun!!! To be nice I’ll give you a ten second head start.

(Edit: Just for reference I am joking btw)
    Last edited by MissDucki; 10-08-2021 at 08:30 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noooo... Poor SEI.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll seize the opportunity given by this topic to give an advice to young ILEs.

In my country, schoolteachers entering the profession have to spend a fraction of their work time to follow some job-related courses.
    I happen to pass in front of the school in which the courses take place, when I go jogging.

Every time, I find a peculiar concentration of young (23-26) SEI women. Almost all well-dressed, attractive, and non-accompanied.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I'll seize the opportunity given by this topic to give an advice to young ILEs.

In my country, schoolteachers entering the profession have to spend a fraction of their work time to follow some job-related courses.
    I happen to pass in front of the school in which the courses take place, when I go jogging.

Every time, I find a peculiar concentration of young (23-26) SEI women. Almost all well-dressed, attractive, and non-accompanied.
    "Please officer you don't understand, I creep by the elementary school to look at the teachers, not the children!"

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Please officer you don't understand, I creep by the elementary school to look at the teachers, not the children!"
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI's as elementary school teachers. Yes, it seems to happen. One male seemed to have great time when I made parody versions of magazines back and other pupils just made regular ones.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the place I was referring to exclusively accomodates schoolteachers, there are no children there.

You might find a similar place in your town. SEI's often make terrible choices when selecting a life-long partner. At least they'll have duality.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's bigotry to say one personality type is better than another. However, if a person spends their weekends feeding the homeless it stands to reason that that person is, perhaps, more philanthropic than the person who spends their weekends gossiping.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Many ILEs try to occupy the high ground where they might appear superior without having to express it and SEIs like to build castles on high ground to protect the occupants - a match made closest to heaven. As useful and indispensable as acolytes may be, many ILEs never seem to give them their full due, as if to say: "Without me, they'd be nothing." However, most that I'd gotten to know were rather bright scientific types.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I see this same behavior in the manner in which many LIEs treat ESIs. It's as if the LIE is saying, "The ESI is an OK person and is sometimes useful to me, but they are really nothing without me." I mean, you got that exactly right.

When I first saw this behavior in LIEs, I came to understand why most LIEs, in general, are considered to be complete assholes and shitheads.

In my own life, I was lucky to have an ESI approach me in 8th grade who wanted to talk about telescopes. I thought, "This guy looks weird and awkward as hell, but who cares? He's interested in the subject that I love best."
    Then, gradually, I stopped seeing his appearance and fell in love with the way we interacted. Lol.

Now, if that had never happened to me, I'd just think that most of these ESIs can't think very well and occupy most of their brain space with thoughts of how they were wronged, which is not that attractive, TBH. But the really fucking weird thing is, once I'm talking to these guys, the interaction sweeps away all thoughts of discordance and I can easily see that they have most of the parts that I need to get along in the world.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange I don't see confident ESIs putting up with such behaviour for very long even though some that lack confidence have been known to be doormats. Now, confident SEIs, although often self-righteous, don't seem to look for independence from overlord-attitudes so long as relatively safe environments are provided.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange I don't see confident ESIs putting up with such behaviour for very long even though some that lack confidence have been known to be doormats. Now, confident SEIs, although often self-righteous, don't seem to look for independence from overlord-attitudes so long as relatively safe environments are provided.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I agree. Most (confident) ESIs would not put up with that treatment for very long. But some who are being paid well and have seen what it's like working for other bosses are more forgiving.

And yes, you described an SEI that I work with perfectly. She doesn't seem to find my LIE-ness a deal-breaker (although I'm VERY VERY careful to keep a distance. I LIKE her more than most people, but I purposely interact with her much, much less than with almost anyone else.) but then, she gets very flexible hours so she can take care of her kids.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You would think that, if predictable by socionics at all, this would reside in asymmetric relationships like supervision and benefaction.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    You would think that, if predictable by socionics at all, this would reside in asymmetric relationships like supervision and benefaction.
    In my understanding of information control systems, asymmetric and symmetric are somewhat meaningless adjectives. Synchronicity, efficiency and balance or lack thereof would be more meaningful. The type of information shared between duals could be considered asymmetric because its so different but the better adjective is complementary. In case I wasn't clear, lacks-of-confidence and holier-than-thou attitudes are more baggage related but natural abilities to deal with them are type related. Many ILEs appear elitist simply because of the way they like to process information but are not really that way. However, I've met more than a few who presented themselves as if they were demigods, which is baggage exacerbating that elitist aura.

a.k.a. I/O

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best response. Someone please sticky above chatbox for a day. Fucking hilarious.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a.k.a. I/O
    Well I'd say this isn't strictly an SEI vs. ESI issue. I'd personally use the talanov functions, ESI's have Qi while SEI's have De, with Qi being much more judging and disagreeable than De(which does stand for doormaet btw). Other types that have Qi (typically) are SEE, LII, and ILE, and for De there's ESE, LIE, and ILI.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I bumped this thread I found it interesting. I dont really get ILE fawning after me or worshiping the ground I walk on (*cough* as ILE men should *cough). It has often been me fawning and thinking they were better. Thankfully I have knocked them down a peg or two in my mind and dont see them as Godly as much LMAO.

I find duals with 4D fi and Te (valued or not) tends to have stronger views of their dual like this I think. In terms of more pedestal putting initially of either themselves or devaluing the other. I like hearing what ILE's like about SEI's as I gte very self conscious about my own strengths is all.

FYI for everyone though...if a good SEI decides to leave....you have seriously fucked up big time and long term for that to happen.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find duals with 4D fi and Te (valued or not) tends to have stronger views of their dual like this I think. In terms of more pedestal putting initially of either themselves or devaluing the other. I like hearing what ILE's like about SEI's as I gte very self conscious about my own strengths is all.
    Ma'am I only have strong views about interesting things, and while SEI's are very nice and fun to interact with, they're more the kind of people to show interesting things to rather than to actually try to study in depth. Which, half way through writing this comment I realize proves your point about devaluing the other so I'm going to stop typing and go stare at a wall for an hour in shame.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ma'am I only have strong views about interesting things, and while SEI's are very nice and fun to interact with, they're more the kind of people to show interesting things to rather than to actually try to study in depth. Which, half way through writing this comment I realize proves your point about devaluing the other so I'm going to stop typing and go stare at a wall for an hour in shame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12