Thread: Is this my type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this my type?

ILE-D?

Sorry I'm a mess right now, to excuse ignoring how these posts should go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User who writes most like me: @Wynch
    Previous typings: MBTI ENTP, INTP
    Forumers - ESE-Fe, ILE-Ne
    Socioniks and meetch (cringe, kidding sorry I love you G): EIE
    Last edited by Yepme; 08-16-2021 at 01:22 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your hobbies?
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nutrition, psychology, sports science, retired from competitive gaming, tentatively retired from poker, improv music and improv comedy, biohacking.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertrey View Post
    Nutrition, psychology, sports science, retired from competitive gaming, tentatively retired from poker, improv music and improv comedy, biohacking.

Why do you think so think of nutrition as a hobby?

Also could you explain what biohacking is? I don't think I've heard of that.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've kept up on nutrition like a technology for most of my adult life. Biohacking is in the same vein as nutrition, but more focused on studying biochemistry so I dont fry my brain or anything else as I've ventured into nootropics (non-prescription chemicals to enhance aspects of cognition).

Other aspects of biohacking range from the mundane of exercising and breathwork up to brain training like the dual n-back game.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've kept up on nutrition like a technology for most of my adult life. Biohacking is in the same vein as nutrition, but more focused on studying biochemistry so I dont fry my brain or anything else as I've ventured into nootropics (non-prescription chemicals to enhance aspects of cognition).

Ok I see, so nutrition and biohacking is like a tool you use to stay healthy. Why are you afraid of frying your brain?

Do you like to cook?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to control what I eat and am an intermediate cook, and pretty much eat the same things, and can rarely justify eating out.

I'm motivated to look good and perform mentally and not be miserable, all of which I've failed at recently.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you were a poker player and a pro gamer, why did you choose these things to pursue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on work/school and love due to mental illness, and found poker and gaming easy to study and win at. I still underperformed because of mental illness though. Nutrition eventually turned this around to some degree.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on work/school and love due to mental illness, and found poker and gaming easy to study and win at. I still underperformed because of mental illness though. Nutrition eventually turned this around to some degree.

I'm sorry to hear that, have you sought out professional help? Do you have a support system?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up on love.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, that was like 15 years ago. So I lived with passively supportive family for 10 years during which time i gamed, became super obese, got treated and lost enough weight to volunteer then work a couple menial physical jobs at a store.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that, have you sought out professional help? Do you have a support system?
    Yeah I'm neck deep in community health and housing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Don't give up on love.
    It's very destabilizing, and I have two cats (or should I say two cats have me?).

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be 100% honest this could take forever without a questionnaire, I suggest you give yourself a time where you can really think and reflect on the answers.

Even if the input from the comments won't be helpful, the reflection required to fill out the questions about yourself can be beneficial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be 100% honest this could take forever without a questionnaire, I suggest you give yourself a time where you can really think and reflect on the answers.

Even if the input from the comments won't be helpful, the reflection required to fill out the questions about yourself can be beneficial.
    I will do this later and come back. My counselor and I agreed that my meds arent quite getting the job done, so I'd better get that fixed before I mess anything else up. Thank you so much for your help.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I will do this later and come back. My counselor and I agreed that my meds arent quite getting the job done, so I'd better get that fixed before I mess anything else up. Thank you so much for your help.
    @Qwertrey, the meds might not be working, but don't let him anywhere near your head with a hand drill.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Qwertrey, the meds might not be working, but don't let him anywhere near your head with a hand drill.
    Thanks, I will offer an enema bag as a compromise.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity: what competitive games were you involded in, if I may ask?

Also Gulenko typed you as EIE? If so, what do you think of that typing/his analysis?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright easiest questions:

Your friend bursts into tears. What do you do? How does it make you feel?

This has only happened once; we were soliciting votes for Bernie Sanders, and typically only get sent to prospective voters with a democratic history, but the guy did not fit that mold, and showed resentment to doling out entitlements he had to suffer without. We didn't have an answer for that, and after leaving my cohort burst into tears. I concluded a gentle bearhug around the shoulders would help, and it seemed to. I don't think I felt much.

How do you behave around strangers?

Overly polite as a rule. I make some effort to draw them into dialogue; it seems like all my interactions with strangers are with cashiers and such. So I'm looking for some joke to leave their interaction with me on a high note.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I scroll a lot. Reddit, pinterest, forums. Lately it's been lots of socionics, as if it were valid now. I love what it could be, some human resources pot of gold. I spent a lot of time on reddit, incubating my common sense and sense of humor. I've been very into dota 2 but lost interest beyond helping.a friend with his betting on it. I was terrible at the game itself.

I don't know why I pursue intellectual development, I cant really apply my brain efficiently. My counselor would say this is a distraction from what is going on inside.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Out of curiosity: what competitive games were you involded in, if I may ask?

Also Gulenko typed you as EIE? If so, what do you think of that typing/his analysis?
    Just the tests on the sites. I played dota and warcraft 3 mostly.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type do you think you are?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    What type do you think you are?
    ILE, on the basis of creative deductive logic and trolling too much (not here and now, of course).

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you looking for on Pinterest?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This sort tackling / wining over goals does sound pretty dynamic mindset [static types rarely do this]. Can you describe what makes you interested in more detail?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you looking for on Pinterest?

I arrived there for the socionics face galleries. I'm looking to kill time and brain cells through passive consumption, usually. I don't see a search history and I doubt there'd be much there. My memory hasn't been great lately.
    Last edited by Yepme; 08-18-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PseudoRandomBSGenerator View Post
    This sort tackling / wining over goals does sound pretty dynamic mindset [static types rarely do this]. Can you describe what makes you interested in more detail?
    Is never ending streams of music in my head a dynamic thing too? Ok it stopped. I have goals that come and go, almost always extrinsically motivated by other people.

Edit: The music isn't really continuous, just interjections that I play along with, usually triggered by some association but sometimes nonsensical.
    Last edited by Yepme; 08-18-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I arrived there for the socionics face galleries. I'm looking to kill time and brain cells through passive consumption, usually. I don't see a search history and I doubt there'd be much there. My memory hasn't been great lately.
    Oh was wondering if you were looking at diy crafts or recipes or something as some sort of Si seeking behavior lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh was wondering if you were looking at diy crafts or recipes or something as some sort of Si seeking behavior lol
    One thing I did really like was kilaarts, which is either an artist or form making blacklight looking glowy paintings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I've never completed a fulltime semester of college, but have passed calculus, English, physics, jazz ensemble as a guitarist, sociology, communications and psychology. I've worked retail, construction, couple internships. Played in several gaming teams, captained a couple, coached players. I really love learning about poker and had a nice run when it got legalized here, but it was so addictive that I couldn't stop until the stress became insurmountable and I quit due to depression. No I didn't click a mouse and lose my house.

Now I'm being pushed to pursue music which I used to treat as a creativity fostering hobby inspired by Einstein with his violin, but aimed to study medicine and engineering. I am definitely a dollar store Einstein at best.

Describe your relationships with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I get very close, and end up very far. It seems like my apologies end up on deaf ears, and nobody ever apologizes to me. Ever. I like people who are unselfish and sweet and, shallow as it may be, love funny more than anything. I don't have any family or friends who are like this right now.

What are your strengths? What do people like about you? What do you like about yourself?

Told that I am intelligent, a good listener a lot. I was commended for working hard recently. I like when I am physically disciplined because it's really hard. I like getting up when I fall.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

Others say I'm fake, useless, unstable. I'm physically strong but now out of shape. When I resent people, I troll them a lot. I don't understand how people perceive me.
    Last edited by Yepme; 08-18-2021 at 04:42 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok with a complete lack of a questionnaire and going by the information on here I would say you are definitely a Ne dom, you are guided by curiosity.

Your refusal to follow the normal procedure of the "Type Me" forum makes me think Ti-PoLr lol.

I'm bad at following directions but at least I try to follow them lmao.

Seriously though I think you are such an IEE . The way you are trying to type yourself using this information is so loose and unorganized.

And I have noticed that central quadra members gave up a while ago lol.

Do you disagree?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok with a complete lack of a questionnaire and going by the information on here I would say you are definitely a Ne dom, you are guided by curiosity.

Your refusal to follow the normal procedure of the "Type Me" forum makes me think Ti-PoLr lol.

I'm bad at following directions but at least I try to follow them lmao.

Seriously though I think you are such an IEE . The way you are trying to type yourself using this information is so loose and unorganized.

And I have noticed that central quadra members gave up a while ago lol.

Do you disagree?
    Yeah I am just kinda winging it sorry. Thanks for the insight, I do like this description -

All of harmonizing IEE’s time is spent pondering, trying to understand various phenomena. He remembers experiences before details. At the same time, he
    knows how to learn from his mistakes as lessons for the future. He is selfcritical, but at the same time finds this criticism painful. Nevertheless, the world surrounding him is seen not so much as a drama, but rather like a
    comedy.

He sometimes inherently feels like he has violated his integrity or disharmonized his inner world and then tries to restore this integrity to be at peace with himself. He is also at risk of detaching his inner visions from reality.
    For him, this is a painful problem, given his dependency on the influx of impressions from the outside world.
    Harmonizing subtype is the most thoughtful amongst the others subtypes, even though people do not immediately notice this. He often seems to be surrounded by frivolity. He has a craving for challenging tasks, especially confusing human situations. He spends a long time studying, comprehensively covering the possibilities; however, he’s not always sure he can explain in the
    language of logic.

Impressionable and responsive, harmonizing IEE is an empathetic person who likes to offer helpful advice to people in difficult life situations. He always sees
    several solutions to a problem and tries to give them to others. He is constantly prepared for deviations from the expected course of events. Since he anticipates probable danger, he never gets too upset by setbacks. He loves
    talking about fascinating, unusual topics in the company of friends.

This subtype is selective with contacts. He won’t become acquainted with simply anyone. He seeks only thoughtful or necessary conversations. He knows how to understand complex pieces of information, procedures, and technologies, and presents such understanding in his own way. He’s a good trainer, as well as teacher, but only for a selected audience or individual. To assimilate information, he needs to skim through everything. Normalizing IEE
    alters information so that it is presented clearly and at the same time in a novel and unexpected way.

He doesn’t handle loneliness as well as large crowds. When overloaded by work, he needs a pause, a distraction. He is quite appreciative of comfort and has a good sense of smell.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I am just kinda winging it sorry.
    No need to be sorry, I was just teasing.

From the information you gave me this description sounds about right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of whether this is me, this is who I would like to be, so I'm going with it. Thanks everyone.