Thread: Disney Tangled song

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Disney Tangled song

Is this the best resemblance of duality between SLE and IEI?

https://youtu.be/ILRs2r6lcHY
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Disney is usually Delta since they make the Beta the villains anyway. That Once Upon a Time show I think kinda went back & forth between Beta and Gamma with the Mr. Gold storylines but also had beta campiness & values, and showed the complex human relationships with the villains. It also kinda poked fun of Deltas as being boring moral prudes. Well technically speaking- I think Disney is for Beta & Delta NFs the most probably. Kings and queens & princes and princesses battling each other for aristocratic power positions.

Straight male STs of all quadras (less so the Straight Male NFs...) are most likely going to be 'god what the fuck I don't want to watch this shit' and turn it off to watch sports or something more grimdark and cutting. Every straight male ST cousin did that when I wanted to watch a Disney movie lol. Contrary to what this dude said, but I still like this song:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Disney is usually Delta since they make the Beta the villains anyway. That Once Upon a Time show I think kinda went back & forth between Beta and Gamma with the Mr. Gold storylines but also had beta campiness & values, and showed the complex human relationships with the villains. It also kinda poked fun of Deltas as being boring moral prudes. Well technically speaking- I think Disney is for Beta & Delta NFs the most probably. Kings and queens & princes and princesses battling each other for aristocratic power positions.

Straight male STs of all quadras (less so the Straight Male NFs...) are most likely going to be 'god what the fuck I don't want to watch this shit' and turn it off to watch sports or something more grimdark and cutting. Every straight male ST cousin did that when I wanted to watch a Disney movie lol. Contrary to what this dude said, but I still like this song:

Did you watch the video?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Did you watch mine? =D

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Did you watch mine? =D
    Don’t pull an INFP on me lol
    -

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Is this the best resemblance of duality between SLE and IEI?

https://youtu.be/ILRs2r6lcHY
    I think so, but given that I've always thought of the Rapunzel fairytale as an intrinsically IEI archetype I may be slightly biased towards that reading of Tangled lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    Iei
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I like this. I’m an Iei-fe woman and new here! Hello. I think the SONG is definitely Iei. But I think the actual princess characters are mainly Eii/Sei. IEI’s aren’t innocent or stable enough (Si) in a princess way, in my opinion.
    Sidenote: I took care of an elderly Eii woman and always told her she was like Princess Diana, the people’s princess- a true princess, and she’d be all humble about it. But that’s how I see Eii women, even the rather quirky ones.

I think the actual character typings in this Tangled clip are Sle man/Sei woman but the overall theme is Ni-dom grounded by strong Fe/Fi so... an Iei atmosphere. It’s like an Iei is looking down guiding them- two people clumsy with intuition having a sudden insight that’s always been in the ethers… waiting. The Iei make-up “knows” the light is there… the insight is there… no matter how fucked up THEY actually are. But are they here anyway… really?

But I agree with BandD and thought that was a cool take that most of the Disney/pixar movies have these Beta Ni versus Delta Fi themes that the protagonist has to try to overcome. Following a vision versus following morals/honor.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tentacles View Post
    Haha I like this. I’m an Iei-fe woman and new here! Hello. I think the SONG is definitely Iei. But I think the actual princess characters are mainly Eii/Sei. IEI’s aren’t innocent or stable enough (Si) in a princess way, in my opinion.
    Sidenote: I took care of an elderly Eii woman and always told her she was like Princess Diana, the people’s princess- a true princess, and she’d be all humble about it. But that’s how I see Eii women, even the rather quirky ones.

I think the actual character typings in this Tangled clip are Sle man/Sei woman but the overall theme is Ni-dom grounded by strong Fe/Fi so... an Iei atmosphere. It’s like an Iei is looking down guiding them- two people clumsy with intuition having a sudden insight that’s always been in the ethers… waiting. The Iei make-up “knows” the light is there… the insight is there… no matter how fucked up THEY actually are. But are they here anyway… really?

But I agree with BandD and thought that was a cool take that most of the Disney/pixar movies have these Beta Ni versus Delta Fi themes that the protagonist has to try to overcome. Following a vision versus following morals/honor.
    Hi welcome
    -

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, I think you are right! @Beautiful sky I completely forgot about that song.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎