Thread: Most boring or uninteresting relation

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most boring or uninteresting relation

Which relation is the most boring or uninteresting?

I actually believe all people are interesting. That's a shit, passive aggressive reply but I don't believe in boredom Some people are dull that they never explore their inner self. Shit, maybe that is boring I dunno.

Which intertype relations are boring or uninteresting to you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Idk introverts are boring
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Idk introverts are boring
    lmao, i feel the same way, that's why I can't imagine being with another introvert

to answer OP's question... the most boring ones would probably be with LIIs, as I find LIIs the most boring introverted type (SLIs and SEIs, despite being introverted, are still pretty different from me, so let's say they can pique my curiosity), followed closely by LSIs and ILIs. Oh well.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    lmao, i feel the same way, that's why I can't imagine being with another introvert

to answer OP's question... the most boring ones would probably be with LIIs, as I find LIIs the most boring introverted type (SLIs and SEIs, despite being introverted, are still pretty different from me, so let's say they can pique my curiosity), followed closely by LSIs and ILIs. Oh well.
    Lol. Do you think you could explain what you find boring about LIIs?

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Lol. Do you think you could explain what you find boring about LIIs?
    Probably everything... they aren't too emotive and when I talk to them, I always feel that I need to be the one who draws them out because they aren't that talkative - and that gets tiring pretty quickly, and when they do talk, it's rarely about something I'd be curious about, as they are very often interested in things that are not interesting to me, probably because of their Ti-base... and when things we find interesting do align, they still lack that idk energy that I seek in other people, you know? I must say I do like their silly Ne-ish sense of humour though, this is where I often find common ground with my brother lol

It's like, if they're raspberries, they could be the yummiest raspberries out there, but I just don't like raspberries
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Identical
    It seems to me that introverted identicals tend to find each other more boring than extraverted ones. For instance I don’t think LIIs tend to be very interested by other LIIs or spend much time around each other, but ESEs flock together and seem interested by what other ESEs have to say. My mother is currently enraptured in some TV show following Reese Witherspoon about, actually.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe.. business then supervisee.
    Reasoning: when i use my creative i don't expect or want others to use it back at me (feels weird man). if it's my identical or mirror, then we're fellow betas, and we get each other-- in that case i don't mind and it's fun.
    Then again, my first truly close friend was an SEI.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm identicals are awesome and also business relations because introverts aren't actually boring but the opposite. With identicals there comes the problem of "wow we are basically the same" but not all identicals like the same stuff so you have to seek our the right ones. Duals... :| Sometimes it can be hilarious and fun and sometimes you don't want to speak to them at all because they bore you to death.

Lots of extroverts keep talking all the time and steal all the conversational power most of the time and I dislike it so much because I want the conversational power to be even. It's not like they purposefully try but they have an overpowering energy. > I prefer a question and answer style of talking so I hate extroverted monologues especially if they are talking about something totally uninteresting. My experience with extroverts has not been very good at all, maybe for some people it went better or they don't care about talking as much.

Introverts are great if you can keep asking enough questions about things they are interested in and keep up the pace. Introverts are like hidden gems where underneath their quiet exterior they have interesting thoughts, if only you pry hard enough.

Introverts > Extroverts so far in my life.

Other than that I don't know...

Anyone who I can talk about a topic that I find intresting or ask questions about a topic that they like that I want to know more about is interesting to me.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    It seems to me that introverted identicals tend to find each other more boring than extraverted ones. For instance I don’t think LIIs tend to be very interested by other LIIs or spend much time around each other, but ESEs flock together and seem interested by what other ESEs have to say. My mother is currently enraptured in some TV show following Reese Witherspoon about, actually.
    Maybe it's because LIIs just want to go off and research stuff on their own, they don't necessarily want to talk about it with another LII, and they would rather find F types to talk to?

It seems to me that logic types are more likely to want to talk to feeling types and feeling types talk more with both...

My boyfriend likes ESEs and SEIs and IEIs and even was friends once with a IEE but I haven't seen him interacting long term with another logical type, whereas I like talking to F types a lot.

Hmm... I don't actually know though...

I kinda think there isn't too much of a correlation, I guess it depends on what you want out of your friendship.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conflict for me. Closer contact with them is like one giant constant WTF-moment. It has to get boring pretty darn fast.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about "most" boring, but lookalikes, identicals, and all opposite-quadra relations except maybe superego (maybe still a little boring, but less so than the rest) tend to be the most unengaging for me, from my experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine it's relationships of same temperaments: two Ij's are stuck, two IP's lack in energy, etc.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am serious though. For years I would carry a book with me to every single family get together and crawl into someone’s room and read it like Bell in Beauty and the Beast. Have you seen it? Watch it! I have to watch it and chuckle at myself since my baby girl loves Beauty
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's a thing about introverts needing extroverts to be more "on" and two introverts together don't get that from one other, so it falls flat. It's not boring nor uninteresting, simply like trying to light wet wood. There are treasures to be found but no one to look for them. Almost sounds like I'm calling introverts self-centered prick, lol, but no, low energy level is a tough mistress.

I'd say conflict personaly, because same old, same old. And it goes nowhere.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, hanging with a mirror for an extended period of time is more boring than an identical. We have a typical extrovert/introvert conflict of the IEE constantly wanting to put out their Ne and critiquing any Ne or Fi thought I put out, until I feel I am not being listened to and stop talking altogether. Sometimes IEEs have figured out pieces to a puzzle that I missed, but it’s not something that happens all the time.

Conflict is boring in an exasperating “I’m tired of listening to you run your mouth” kind of way.

Business can be boring at times, because there are some things you must hold back in communication so as to not hurt the other person’s role. It’s not as strict as superego, but it’s not as uninhibited as identity, making it tiring to constantly look for the optimal mode of relating.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 06-18-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

in general, more similar types to your type should be more boring. especially with same strong functions
    some of them may have positive factors to be interesting from other point. for example, identity and mirror are easier and some more [than average] pleasant to deal with as pals

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identity, though I suppose that depends on what your type is. Two SLIs simply aren't going to be getting conversations flowing easily, on average, and will quickly become bored with each other. I imagine extroverted types would handle identity relations better though.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Identity, though I suppose that depends on what your type is. Two SLIs simply aren't going to be getting conversations flowing easily, on average, and will quickly become bored with each other. I imagine extroverted types would handle identity relations better though.
    I know about 25 LIEs and I don't really hang out with any of them. I also dated an Identical and by the second or third date, we'd run out of things to say to each other.

Identity isn't boring at first, but it does get to be the most boring relationship after you've exchanged all the information.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I know about 25 LIEs and I don't really hang out with any of them. I also dated an Identical and by the second or third date, we'd run out of things to say to each other.

Identity isn't boring at first, but it does get to be the most boring relationship after you've exchanged all the information.
    25? how do you know that many people? I know no one irl.. And that is not even accounting for other types.. I mean I guess work, which I do not yet do.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karanime View Post
    25? how do you know that many people? I know no one irl.. And that is not even accounting for other types.. I mean I guess work, which I do not yet do.
    It's a drug called Extroversion...

I only know one person IRL... And it's my dad...

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    It's a drug called Extroversion...

I only know one person IRL... And it's my dad...
    Lol, I have no irl friends at all. The most I have is some people at local metaphysical store that know me.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matter of fact, my meeting up with the SLE and ILE was my first time meeting up with people in a few years.

Dragons:

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I have no irl friends at all. The most I have is some people at local metaphysical store that know me.
    I don't have IRL friends not because I am too introverted but because I feel like no one understands me. Even my dual can't understand me... Talking to people is super awkward and I don't like to do it if there is no connection between another person and myself. Too much wasted energy for no real reason if the relationship is dull or unfruitful. Being Sx/So, I prefer one on one interaction and bonding with that person as best as possible to groups and I usually avoid groups but I have a strong second So instinct so I can bear through it.

Even though my subtype makes me more ambiverted I still feel tired talking to people and I want to be left alone after awhile.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have IRL friends not because I am too introverted but because I feel like no one understands me. Even my dual can't understand me... Talking to people is super awkward and I don't like to do it if there is no connection between another person and myself. Too much wasted energy for no real reason if the relationship is dull or unfruitful. Being Sx/So, I prefer one on one interaction and bonding with that person as best as possible to groups and I usually avoid groups but I have a strong second So instinct so I can bear through it.

Even though my subtype makes me more ambiverted I still feel tired talking to people and I want to be left alone after awhile.
    This sounds enneagram 4 or heart triad to say very least. 4, 2, or 3w4..

Dragons:

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds enneagram 4 or heart triad to say very least. 4, 2, or 3w4..
    I am 4w3 , possibly 437 or 432 maybe, I am unsure of the last one.

I relate to 4 and then 3 mostly and sexual 4 descriptions.

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t have any friends for one, because of my ASD... But I just do not bother engage life, because I do no point in it with how it’s current set up is. And most will not understand of me.

I am content with just having one or two friends. It would be a nicety, for that having. Not essential, but nice.

I am drastically different than most people, but I entrust the synchronistic flow to bring the where I am to be.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking classic 4, but sounds more social 4 archetype, but archetypes are not necessarily an accuracy. 4 is what first came to my mind. I am 4 my own self.

Dragons:

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But those are not possible tritype because you cannot have multiple types of an intelligence center in your tri. 4, 3 and 2 all are heart.

Dragons:

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was thinking classic 4, but sounds more social 4 archetype, but archetypes are not necessarily an accuracy. 4 is what first came to my mind. I am 4 my own self.
    Hmm I just base this off of my personal life...

Sexual over Social because I feel more anger than sadness within. It's like I have this constant burning fire coming from within that I have to cool with ice. I frequently would start debating teachers in my head and getting really worked up. Among other instances of anger over sadness. My general wish for interactions is more one on one than needing social groups. I dream of having the perfect partner that will actually support me fully in life and where we can share all of our thoughts and feelings with ease. I do have a social wish to help people but it's more of an sx way of doing it, like trying to energize people in a more personal and intense way.

Also I think I may have a strong second instinct.

I could be completely wrong however, maybe I am So/Sx but I feel negatively about the first instinct. Or I misinterpreted the instincts.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But those are not possible tritype because you cannot have multiple types of an intelligence center in your tri. 4, 3 and 2 all are heart.
    Ohh I didn't know it worked like that...

Still 4w3 with two others I don't know about so hmm... I don't know what the last two could be...
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 06-19-2021 at 05:02 AM. Reason: I misread it a bit

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t have any friends for one, because of my ASD... But I just do not bother engage life, because I do no point in it with how it’s current set up is. And most will not understand of me.

I am content with just having one or two friends. It would be a nicety, for that having. Not essential, but nice.

I am drastically different than most people, but I entrust the synchronistic flow to bring the where I am to be.
    I can always be Your friend. So can the angelic legion. It's free battle safari at the makeup harbinger.

I clearly have a big crush on You, so You can make those numbers a little bit higher.

Perhaps I can even create a looking at random books and taking pictures of racing video game numbers for you, perhaps even a Pokemon random move generator. I can raise Your frequency.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILEs are pretty boring to me. Safe but boring.

Identicals can be boring but also can be spicy and interesting.

Dual- I have found typically very boring a lot of the time then I realize how much I miss them when they are gone in a pathetically cringe-y Disney romantic way.

Mirrors can be boring because you realize you essentially are seeing the exact same thing just in a slightly different way, with your creative function being their dominant and vice-versa. Not boring tho cuz the opposite temperament can cause fire and heat.

LIEs are pretty boring to me. It's like I want to make them SLEs a lot of the time but they are not- they are just boring businessmen who want to smell Bill Gates' farts. Then they supervise me and are like 'being boring is how you get ahead in life.' Which I just go ...

Ni polrs are boring because they need too much physical evidence for something I can easily decipher just by a simple snapshot. So they need these Te or Ti lists of tedious tandum over a conclusion I could have already told them, but they rarely trust my conclusion when I console them on something even when I always end up being right. lol.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Which relation is the most boring or uninteresting?

Which intertype relations are boring or uninteresting to you?
    Illusionary relations