User Tag List

Thread: Hello

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello

I stumbled upon socionics and since it seems less vague than mbti I began studying it.

I'm a private person and usually consider talking to be a waste of time. If a subject interests me I think a lot about it and form my own opinion. It's also interesting to listen to other people's ideas and see things from their points of view. After reading a debate I may have more food for thought, but I have no interest in changing other people's minds or teaching them anything.

I find no value in maintaining emotional bonds but I appreciate brief exchanges of comedy. Talking with strangers or people I know is the same. The things I value the most are my space and time.

I have a passion for tea. I enjoy discovering new tastes, learning to recognize them accurately and comparing the quality, both absolute and relative (considering the cost) of various brands. I also appreciate playing chess, since it's a game which always provides mental stimulation.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! low Fi detected.

Why do you have a username with grey font?

I can't get into profile of people who have username with grey font, I guess it is related to settings just wondering which one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Welcome! low Fi detected.

Why do you have a username with grey font?

I can't get into profile of people who have username with grey font, I guess it is related to settings just wondering which one.
    Thanks. Whenever I join a site I instantly disable private messages. Maybe it's because of that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome, ILI.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hi

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> less vague than mbti

it has more theory, a part of which is doubtful to be used.
    and it's not lesser vague as it's same good old Jung's mess. which Jung could not apply even to himself as mistaked in own type as LII

read Filatova's book in English about Socionics. it's good initial info. Jung's book also helps. then you'll understand what is basic theory and what followed from it. more basic theory is more clear and more trusty

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Welcome, ILI.

Since I have no typing thread I use your answer to this thread as an opportunity to state my thoughts lead me to the conclusion LSI is the only alternative to LII.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varu View Post
    Since I have no typing thread I use your answer to this thread as an opportunity to state my thoughts lead me to the conclusion LSI is the only alternative to LII.
    Your avatar picture is more LSI than LII, in my considered opinion. But I seem to have guessed wrong about you being ILI, so

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your avatar picture is more LSI than LII, in my considered opinion. But I seem to have guessed wrong about you being ILI, so

Right or wrong, ILI is a good guess, considering the material at your disposal.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you have @squark 's avatar in mind as you say so : )

personally I see the tree lighting the sky and think: concentrated intensity. Spontaneous combustion ...ha

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Varu, my favourite teas are Japanese green - specifically the type with roasted rice bubbled through it, and rosehip with ginger
    Are you strictly a tea-drinker, no coffee?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What constitutes an LII avatar? Also now I want to know if my avatar looks IEI to you lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome! "I consider talking a waste of time" is quite the introduction lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you did not ask me, but @AWellArmedCat is more of a defender than on the offensive; rather than heart on sleeve, it bears the shield of love
    Enemies, tyrants in face of this are stupefied, find there's no greater choice but to succumb

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @Varu, my favourite teas are Japanese green - specifically the type with roasted rice bubbled through it, and rosehip with ginger
    Are you strictly a tea-drinker, no coffee?
    Genmaicha is great. I also made my own version. The taste was similar.
    Considering it's diluted with rice it's supposed to be cheaper than regular tea but most shops here tend to make it more expensive, I'd rather roast my own brown rice and blend it with some green tea.
    I'm not the biggest fan of such herbal tea blends. I tried a lot of them though, and there are a few I like as much as regular tea. In fact my tea journey started with hibiscus tea. I seem to dislike all blends with a hibiscus base, but love it pure. I love rooibos both pure and in chai blends.

Regarding tea, I like the chai blend if it's black tea, but it doesn't fit with the green tea. Regardless, I'd rather drink black tea pure. And I prefer green tea over black tea. Oolong is nice, but I drink it much less.

I also drink coffee, and like to prepare it. I tend to drink more tea because the effects combine an improvement of energy with some relaxation.

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Welcome! "I consider talking a waste of time" is quite the introduction lol
    Thank you.
    You forgot the "usually", which should remove the arrogance from the message. I mean, I don't like sounding rude so I did put an effort to be nice and "usually" seemed to be the perfect word, in my head.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you have @squark 's avatar in mind as you say so : )

personally I see the tree lighting the sky and think: concentrated intensity. Spontaneous combustion ...ha

I take your avatar as an opportunity to expand my introduction. Plants are important for me.
    Everyday I walk to a rue plant at least once, take a leaf and smell the scent. It's an occasion to concile the needs of my dog who always follows me, with my own. If I'm not in contact with nature life gets negative and thoughts turn bad. I also make an effort to look at the sunset as much as possible.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genmaicha is great. I also made my own version. The taste was similar.
    Considering it's diluted with rice it's supposed to be cheaper than regular tea but most shops here tend to make it more expensive, I'd rather roast my own brown rice and blend it with some green tea.
    I'm not the biggest fan of such herbal tea blends. I tried a lot of them though, and there are a few I like as much as regular tea. In fact my tea journey started with hibiscus tea. I seem to dislike all blends with a hibiscus base, but love it pure. I love rooibos both pure and in chai blends.

Regarding tea, I like the chai blend if it's black tea, but it doesn't fit with the green tea. Regardless, I'd rather drink black tea pure. And I prefer green tea over black tea. Oolong is nice, but I drink it much less.

I also drink coffee, and like to prepare it. I tend to drink more tea because the effects combine an improvement of energy with some relaxation.
    I'm impressed that you roast your own brown rice for tea, which is rather testing of patience. Attempting that myself I'd get distracted and scorch the rice...thanks to coffee overuse I'm skittish and fumbly. actually in my efforts to reduce coffee intake I brew chicory granules; I try to substitute that. the taste is similar to dandelion root coffee, but sweeter. Please try it if you haven't...

If I had my own garden, a variety of herbs would become tea. There's something satisfying about making a blend to suit a mood or ailment: one spoon of this, another of that, just experimenting and seeing what works. The herbs must be kept in apothecary bottles of course :}
    Last edited by thistle; 04-24-2021 at 09:20 AM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    You forgot the "usually", which should remove the arrogance from the message. I mean, I don't like sounding rude so I did put an effort to be nice and "usually" seemed to be the perfect word, in my head.
    Lol I didn't forget it. I just thought it sounded funnier to leave it out. I know you weren't being rude, I just saw the opportunity to have a little laugh
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take your avatar as an opportunity to expand my introduction. Plants are important for me.
    Everyday I walk to a rue plant at least once, take a leaf and smell the scent. It's an occasion to concile the needs of my dog who always follows me, with my own. If I'm not in contact with nature life gets negative and thoughts turn bad. I also make an effort to look at the sunset as much as possible.
    Thanks for sharing this thought with me.

Every time I walk amongst moss and tall trees I wonder why don't I do this more often. Instead I devise excuses to stay indoors with my headphones and screen.

what I love is that I can glaze over (or stare intently at) an overgrown field and passively absorb the gradient thanks to cloud shifts and soon enough the sun reveals more moving living things, micro worlds with interesting textures. All of this beauty and there is no need to rush or avert the eyes.

I can be un-selfconscious and let my senses be occupied, so that overanalysis and bad thoughts are not predominant - in those moments.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you did not ask me, but @AWellArmedCat is more of a defender than on the offensive; rather than heart on sleeve, it bears the shield of love
    Enemies, tyrants in face of this are stupefied, find there's no greater choice but to succumb
    What a lovely assessment! Thank you ^^
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm impressed that you roast your own brown rice for tea, which is rather testing of patience. Attempting that myself I'd get distracted and scorch the rice...thanks to coffee overuse I'm skittish and fumbly. actually in my efforts to reduce coffee intake I brew chicory granules; I try to substitute that. the taste is similar to dandelion root coffee, but sweeter. Please try it if you haven't...

If I had my own garden, a variety of herbs would become tea. There's something satisfying about making a blend to suit a mood or ailment: one spoon of this, another of that, just experimenting and seeing what works. The herbs must be kept in apothecary bottles of course :}
    I want to try chicory coffee since a while but I always delay because of laziness. I never heard about dandelion root coffee but now it's something I'd like to try.

Thanks for sharing this thought with me.

Every time I walk amongst moss and tall trees I wonder why don't I do this more often. Instead I devise excuses to stay indoors with my headphones and screen.

what I love is that I can glaze over (or stare intently at) an overgrown field and passively absorb the gradient thanks to cloud shifts and soon enough the sun reveals more moving living things, micro worlds with interesting textures. All of this beauty and there is no need to rush or avert the eyes.

I can be un-selfconscious and let my senses be occupied, so that overanalysis and bad thoughts are not predominant - in those moments.
    I'm actually surprised by your thoughts. It doesn't happen often that I relate to other people. Well, I'm not able to express my thoughts in such a beautiful way, but I'm talking about the content, not the form.