Thread: What is my type? Am I IEI or something else? Thank you in advanced

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is my type? Am I IEI or something else? Thank you in advanced

I think I am IEI-Fe but some people have suggested IEE or SEI or ILE. So I thought i'd see what peoples opinions are on here

The Extended Questionnaire v2.0

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

Studying community work/counselling. I am in my element communicating with people on a personal level. Also people I barely know tend to use me as their counsellor so I figured why not get paid for it

What are your values, and why?
    My value is striving for truth and understanding. Don't stick to rigid opinions, explore each side and see which one is best
    I like to believe I have a sound moral compass but I can engage in and consider socially unnacapetable schools of thought, and also behave amorally under impulse (like forcing my vegan friend to eat a cookie). If someone tells me their beliefs i don't judge them because i view this as something that can be changed. I don't judge people's characters on their beliefs, even if they're politically incorrect, I judge people on whether they believe in what they do for an sincere reason, or is it just for group approval or popularity. i look down on people that wear a generic opinion as an accessory. opinions shouldn't be decorations, they should withstand the pressure of an argument, and the person should be able to support their opinion without resorting to threats and psychological pressure

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I like to read, walk, listen to edm music, talk to friends, sometimes write in my diary but this can put me in a weird mood and make me dissociate. My interest right now is Socionics. My past interest was nutrition, I tried to learn everything I could about it. I like my chosen hobbies and interests to keep me in a good mood and stimulate my brain, because i feel it will be useful. I feel at my best when my brain is buzzing with things to think about.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    i get along with my family. we have a democratic household. What i dislike about my mom is she is unrestrained in public, can get real fiesty with people who don't deserve it, destroy friendships with her hot temper and then i can't see those people anymore. I also dont like how much she talks, i hate having to drop out of my thoughts in order to listen to a monologue that doesn't interest me and is kind of meaningless to verbalise, since it is all really obvious stuff. i dislike when people speak outloud about plans for tomorrow or next week, just keep it to yourself. i also don't like sudden orders "DO THIS NOW", it irritates me. I am all relaxed on the couch and then I am ordered to do something. i like my brother but he is a selfish bastard and only thinks of himself. this is why i ate all the rest of his macarons, it is in exchange for all the food of mine he's hoovered in the past

My relations with my friends is stable. I like the open-mindedness of my friends and their unique individual traits and how everyone is special in their own way but sometimes some of them disappoint me when they get dragged into mainstream ideologies or political correctness which narrow freedom of thought and could be detrimental to themselves, they might turn into a robot or something that can't form an original opinion. i try to dissuade this as much as possible. i want for me and my friends to be able to talk freely about whatever we want without fear.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I don't really look for anything specific in friends. I like diversity. Just so long as they have good intentions and like to talk, are interesting people. I usually make the right choice in friendships, if someone is being nice to me and I can tell they are not sincere I take on the role of an introvert and don't open up to bore them so much they go away. Some of my friends assume we are closer than we are but i am only close with people once I show them my pessimistic meltdowns and they are able to handle it without being weirded out.

In romantic relationships I look for someone who I find physically attractive (this is a new requirement because i don't feel good when my libido is gone) and is grounded and calm. I don't mind if they don't share the same interests as me, actually i enjoy when someone doesn't know a lot about music or various subjects because then i can be the one to introduce them to it
    Voice is important also. I like an earthy, deep, endearing voice. makes me think of someone hardworking, humble and simple

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Can't remember my last conflict, i don't like tension, and a lot of things aren't worth arguing about, they can be quickly resolved
    I wouldn't consider this a conflict but the last time I had a situation where things got a bit hairy was when a politically incorrect meme I sent to a group chat opened up a can of worms and i started to be accused of many things. i like to think i don't care what other people think about me, especially if i wouldn't like them anyway, but its still unpleasant to feel like there are things out there that can be used against me and i have been slapped with a label that can make people wary or cautious of me when i really do not mean any harm

How would your friends describe you?
    "Fun, funny, kind of wacky, a bit out there" , "Non judgemental and optimistic, at least outwardly. You're pessimistic and judgemental deep down, or own that streak" , "Super nice, always so cheery, easy to talk to"

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Forgiveness, level-headed, creative, good at soothing conflicts
    I don't know what i like about mice elf

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Weaknesses are plenty. A big one is laziness and being a slob. I am very oblivious. A lot of details slip by me and i get in trouble (like when i was working at a health food store, when putting in stock i would put bottles that looked similar in the wrong place), I also can want to believe in something so much it becomes true. I tend to forget boundaries people have established, as well as things people have told me, I often hear, "I already told you about this" when i express amazement at something they mention because i hear things for the first time again. I also reveal too much information at times, and can be overly honest, or deliver a blatant fact about someone without softening the blow. I can be inconsiderate to others and interrupt people (but i quickly realise what ive done when i see someones face drop). I strive to fix awkward situations like this, I apologise and ask them what they said, tell them i have a bad habit of interrupting.
    I also can't cook well. My dishes are experimental and then no one likes it. So now I just stick to cooking generic meals, steak, potatoes, rice, juice. Sometimes not even. Sometimes just steak and juice, like some kind of peasant.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Areas I like help in are chores, thankfully i live at home I like help with initiative, but am often be too shy to ask for it, unless someone is very close to me. I like help with food, cooking, cleaning, but i know this is too much to ask for

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I dislike doing things. I enjoy more than others organising stuff, arranging playlists so the end of a song flows nicely into the next, correcting peoples work, brainstorming, combining foods together like chips and icecream, cheese and orange juice. i enjoy spending money like no tomorrow

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I don't know. all i have in my head for the future is an idyllic scenery and nice activities like baking sweets with my future children and having a wedding and being in peace, somewhere submerged in nature

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Pursue whatever interest I like, learn, teach, create, read, have children, dress them up as little elves, have them read Enid Blyton books

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I find individualism endearing, when people do as they please without concern for public opinion or approval.
    I am annoyed by people who draw excess attention to themselves for public approval and attention. I don't like when someone's style is their substance, their entire identity is tied to a facade or a generic archetype. I am uncomfortable when people say "This is the kind of person I am" and proceed to talk about an idealised image of themselves that couldn't be further from the truth

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    In my most recent room i put posters, fairy lights, furniture i found and usually plushies or figurines from video games i like. I like when my room looks like a where's wally, and I like showing people objects, telling them a short story behind it. Right now my bedroom is rather bland but I plan on making it aesthetically pleasing soon, a welcoming space, when I get the money to buy more stuff. I move around too much and lose a lot of my belongings and keep having to start fresh again. I would like a stereo too. Playing edm with my dim fairy lights on a comfy bed, I will be happy.
    I don't like my daily chores and i am lucky i have an ESE mom

How do you behave around strangers?
    I am friendly and open. sometimes i will ask questions. there is a girl at the bakery and i asked her "what happened to your hand?" there was a cast on it. she seemed happy someone noticed and cared. I just wanted to let her know I didn't think of her just as an automaton that cuts my bread.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    If someone insults me i usually laugh because its regularly true + they have a lot of nerve.
    If i am attacked physically i don't attack back i just ask them to stop. unless its a dude that wants to see me explode because its "funny" when i get mad, i will unleash the full compendium of my pent up fury until they accept defeat and beg for forgiveness, and so they don't do it again. How do I react to conflict, I try to quickly extinguish it and calm everyone down. I used to enjoy being the one who is disproportionately comforted in a conflict situation which i viewed as a win but now i am mature

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.
    one common misconception (that is currently being turned over its head by the paleo crowd) is that margarine is better than butter. it is not. the type of fat in margarine is full of fragile double bonds that are extremely suseptible to heat and oxygen and go rancid quick (PUFA/polyunsaturated fat/omega 6). Saturated fat in butter is stable and keeps well for longer and degrades slower exposed to heat, coconut oil even more. This is important because our heart preferentially burns fat for energy, and you do not want your heart to be burning rancid fat that is in vegetable oil and margarine. Heart disease being the number 1 killer starts to make sense when you notice that pretty much everything in the middle aisles of the grocery store contains seed oil.

What did you do last Friday?
    i have no clue

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem more IEE to me than IEI honestly
    You seem to value Ne, appreciate Si help, you have that Ne "goofiness" , you are an open-minded person who dislikes ideologies/dogmatism which seems anti-beta quadra
    " I like an earthy, deep, endearing voice. makes me think of someone hardworking, humble and simple"
    Maybe this is a indication of Delta ST dual seeking ?

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember strongly agreeing with your self-typing when I read your previous posts and still agree after reading your answers here. you're silly and feisty but in an IEI way not an IEE way imo. i think you have a little Ti HA streak too =)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI. Detected: role, demonstrative, creative ethics, lack of sensing, introversion.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why IEE typing was offered but I don't think IEI-C would be implausible (they would be typed typically IEI-Fe in that subtype scheme). Not that rational, but boosted Ne.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can see the IEE thing a lot more now cuz you sound kind of like a happy & sweet IEE therapist with 4D demonstrative Fe at times but ... not liking details I think can be a strong indicator of Te polr. But could also be a Ti polr so I'm kinda confused now but if you are IEI then you are definitely Fe subtype and not Ni subtype. You sound really positive and happy go lucky tho and I'm used to IEIs being a bit more bitter/depressed/negative. I try to be positive but even when I feel good I think I come across kinda like a bitter and emo goth bitch...perhaps I'm just not used to being around Fe subtype IEIs.

You don't like unhealthy conformity though which I think is definitely a Beta value over a Delta one- but then again IEEs are also the Delta type most likely to say something like that.

Although this is stereotypical and not based on any logic or rationality - you do have a Final Fantasy avatar and that to me is just a lot more IEI like then IEE like. lol. <3

A IEE male once said to me that I should stop playing all video games and 'grow up' and it seemed very Delta old people nag-like or something. He wasn't interested in teaching moderation, he just wanted me to completely stop doing it & go fishing in the real world with Delta ST males or something... lol

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems IEI enough to me.

It may be a good exercise in certitude if you could give more details about your family and friends and what their types are if you can.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to know with just text since anyone can write down anything. It’s easier to record a video answering these questions and be natural, yourself. The answers you get are from hobbyists of sporadic levels and shouldn’t be taken seriously. If you really want to know; get typed by G. He’ll show you where you are in the socionics system (type and subtype), but you’ll have to do your work to unpack what it all means in reference to yourself and your development.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting some IEI/SEI vibes from your post. Ti HA seems likely at first glance.
    "My value is striving for truth and understanding": Literally the definition of Ti-HA lol (but more broadly it's just Ti-valued). So a Ti lead might have 'striving for truth' as one of their core values in life. The 'understanding' part though gives me Ti mobilizing vibes for the whole phrase.
    "opinions shouldn't be decorations, they should withstand the pressure of an argument, and the person should be able to support their opinion without resorting to threats and psychological pressure": Ti-valued, and then Se-devalued (?)
    "i also don't like sudden orders "DO THIS NOW", it irritates me. I am all relaxed on the couch and then I am ordered to do something.": Huh this might be Si-valued. IEI along with Se-valuers are easy to mobilize and hard to relax.
    "this is why i ate all the rest of his macarons, it is in exchange for all the food of mine he's hoovered in the past": lol
    The whole thing about getting along well with your family and friends reminds me of SEI/IEI in general. ILE with its Fi-POLR can probably be discarded
    "someone who I find physically attractive": I mean everybody wants to date someone hot but Si-valuers go by appearance more than Se-valuers according to Gulenko's romance styles.
    "and is grounded and calm": Well maybe Ti > Te but T seeking for sure
    "A big one is laziness and being a slob. I am very oblivious. A lot of details slip by me and i get in trouble": IEI in a nutshell
    "Areas I like help in are chores,": IEE and IEI just as likely there. SEI generally enjoy doing their chores (ime)
    "i enjoy spending money like no tomorrow ": That's Te-POLR > Te-mobilizing
    "somewhere submerged in nature": Si-valued over Ni-valued
    "one common misconception (that is currently being turned over its head by the paleo crowd) is that margarine is better than butter. it is not. the type of fat in margarine is full of fragile double bonds that are extremely suseptible to heat and oxygen and go rancid quick (PUFA/polyunsaturated fat/omega 6). Saturated fat in butter is stable and keeps well for longer and degrades slower exposed to heat, coconut oil even more. This is important because our heart preferentially burns fat for energy, and you do not want your heart to be burning rancid fat that is in vegetable oil and margarine. Heart disease being the number 1 killer starts to make sense when you notice that pretty much everything in the middle aisles of the grocery store contains seed oil.": Interesting lol. Now here's something even more interesting: I have met more Ni-leads into dieting/nutrition/etc than Si-leads so I guess this would be a point in favor of Ni lead. Probs because of 2D Si. OTOH never met any IEE that cared about it.

You can safely discard ILE and IEE imo.
    Now sorry to be unhelpful but I think IEI and SEI are just as likely. Fe subtype for sure. Met a few IEI-Fe before and they gave me strange SEI vibes but upon closer inspection they're not. Haven't met any SEI-Fe personally to confirm this phenomenon. Creative and Harmonizing subtypes tend to be amorphous like this. Maybe you could read the descriptions for IEI and SEI and figure out which one fits better. Descriptions of Ni and Si will help too.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everyone for reading and responding to my post I didn't really expect to get so many answers.

I agree with Lolita it can be difficult to definitively type myself based on what I've written because I could be speaking from my Superego or Superid functions.
    I know a SEE that scored ILE on the test, as well as a SLE that scored ESE, and an SEI that scored EII. So I noticed a tendency for people to score either as their Superego or Benefit type.
    I like to think I'm a sunny and cheerful person but perhaps I am less so than I think. Getting typed by video by Gulenko is a good idea. I initially hesitated on creating a video as looks can be deceiving and alter a perception of a person but why not. I'd have to really be in a calm mood to do a video because I've recorded myself before for a job interview and my voice became unnaturally high pitched and I came off as a massive nerd.

My mother is Zhukov and my brother Huxley. They argue a lot of course but I get on with them individually.
    My friends are Hamlet, Esenin, Huxley, Dreiser, Robespierre and Balzac. EIE, IEI, IEE, SEI, LII, ILI
    Me and Hamlet became best friends during school out of mutual loneliness. Hamlet came up to me and begged me to hang out with them as they had no one else and over time we learnt to get along. I earned respect from Hamlet by learning to periodically show aggression and not tolerate them taking advantage. It's annoying because I have to drop my easy-going attitude which I don't enjoy. I idealise them but I do get tired of the stuck-up attitude, as well as the over-dramatizing events and making people out to be worse than they are. We also disagree politically. Recently Hamlet has been correcting me on what I say, saying I'm not allowed to say certain things, "it's rude" and "that's innapropriate to say" which annoys me because the other person seems fine with it and it also makes me feel embarrassed and like a kid in trouble. If someone does not externally show they are offended I take it that I didn't say the wrong thing.

I became friends with SEI and ILI over mutual interests. Me and SEI talk a lot of politics and recently more personal things, me and ILI talk about philosophy and send lengthy messages. I became friends with LII by chance in a group chat, we send a lot of memes and also political stuff. Apparently i've "made their moral compass more diverse". LOL
    Me and IEE became friends via a SEE. I dated them for awhile. It ended quickly because we are both messy people and couldn't help each other and made each other worse. Instead of covering the whole bed with a sheet that had come off we just slept on the side with the sheet still on it. Despite that we had a bunch of fun, always goofing around Lots of laughs...

In a way I don't want to be any other type than IEI now because I don't want to disappoint any people and have them think they typed me wrong lol

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    Seems IEI enough to me.

It may be a good exercise in certitude if you could give more details about your family and friends and what their types are if you can.
    Mom - SLE. Very hardworking, always doing something, passionate and feisty and suspicious. developed Fe mobilizing. I am very close to her but she also makes me feel cranky, for some reason. She's a bothersome person.
    Brother - IEE. He gives my mom grey hairs because he is so cooped up in his own world and doesn't really appreciate what mom does for him and pulls a lot of unpredictable stunts, for example shaving off his eyebrows, and mom freaks out over it because now she will look stupid when she's in public with him.
    They both can get violent towards each other but they have been okay for the past few years, and I break up their fights and lecture them both, tell them to cut it out, etc. The tension between them builds very quickly and usually over small things.

My friends I talked about in my comment above - I mostly am friends with intuitive types. With friends I like to walk and explore and simultaneously talk about mutual interests, politics or funny life anecdotes. I become lively and energetic with friends but at home I am so boring that when I tell a joke my mom is like, "No way, you're telling a joke?"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Where did you notice the role and demonstrative in Yesein's answers?
    Conflict soothing.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading through your descriptions of ITR in this thread as well as what @The Banana King said, I am now more inclined to consider SEI for you. Especially your ITR with Zhukov and Hamlet. Assuming everything you have written is indeed accurate, I would read up on SEI and IEI to decide which one were I you.
    Maybe somebody else will disagree with me, though.

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Where did you notice the role and demonstrative in Yesein's answers?
    So the role function, which should be called by its full name role-playing function is the opposite of the lead function and is 2-dimensional, so people are at least sufficiently adept at the role function to fulfill the social norms of the function (which is why it's 2D is called normative). Going by the description of the Role function in Model A:
    "(...) people periodically have a desire to "show themselves" on this function, to prove that they are up to standard and "no worse than others", and to learn the means and methods for accomplishing this."
    So at a glance people look a lot like their look-a-like type. Makes sense, right?
    So @Chin Diaper 007 is basically saying that all the Si she's showing is not indicative of Si-lead or Si-valued but "fake" Si displayed by Si as Role function.

As for the demonstrative function, up until now I wasn't really sure what demo functions even look like but going by the Model A description:
    "without extra words the person takes measures for preventing negative development of a conversation or a situation."
    So demo-Fi must look something like intentional avoidance of Fi themes. You might see that here: "Non judgemental and optimistic, at least outwardly" or here:
    "I had a situation where things got a bit hairy was when a politically incorrect meme I sent to a group chat opened up a can of worms and i started to be accused of many things. i like to think i don't care what other people think about me, especially if i wouldn't like them anyway, but its still unpleasant to feel like there are things out there that can be used against me and i have been slapped with a label that can make people wary or cautious of me when i really do not mean any harm".
    A Fi-lead or Fi-creative generally wouldn't send a politically incorrect meme to a group chat to begin with.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    "I had a situation where things got a bit hairy was when a politically incorrect meme I sent to a group chat opened up a can of worms
    When I changed coworker's (worked with minorities) wallpaper to gay ****** and she opened her computer in front of audience. Never forget. I survived without injuries although it was a close call.

My IEI sister cherishes this memory about me.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    When I changed coworker's (worked with minorities) wallpaper to gay ****** and she opened her computer in front of audience. Never forget. I survived without injuries although it was a close call.

My IEI sister cherishes this memory about me.
    HAHAHAHAHA
    I used to do the wallpaper thing before but in class computers which were used for presentations. Eventually they figured out it was probably me because I tried my hardest to contain my laughter each time lol. I would also enter a lot of funny websites so that the suggestions would pop up when someone used the search box. And sometimes I would wipe the whole disk along with important documents and install Linux on them so people would learn about the importance of backups and also fight against proprietary software.