TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    The human version of period cramps
    It is fitting that you see a similarity with something you have no experience of.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime you speak I feel my braincells die, one by one

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Everytime you speak I feel my braincells die, one by one
    At least you're not resorting to insults this time. Unless you're lying.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not insulting you. I'm describing you.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What a psychopath. Sick, really
    You are unable to say that killing children is absolutely wrong like I can. Sick, really.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people that tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The people that tolerate you on a daily basis are the real heroes
    You mean because they exist, in your opinion?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your sole existence is simply to serve as a warning for others

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your sole existence is simply to serve as a warning for others
    Something does not have to exist in order to serve as a warning.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you are proof that evolution can go in reverse

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As you are proof that evolution can go in reverse
    Evolution doesn't have a direction.

Some theists claim that atheists believe in God, they're just angry at God.

It seems in your case, you're angry at me for showing your faith to be built on sand.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mother should have swallowed you

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your mother should have swallowed you
    You do know the Greek myths are fiction, don't you? Maybe it's difficult for you to tell.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I wish you'd say more, because it invariably weakens organized religion as a going concern.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

_ _

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

_ _
    Is the reason why you are being so impolite because you think you cannot fully understand politeness without being impolite?

In my view, if you care about being polite, then you should just be polite.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a psychopath responds to periods and underscores.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    "why to live" doesn't need to be follow a subjective truth. Nietzsche basically told us to forget about the dead god and create our own (subjective) reason, our own (subjective) morality to live. He is Nihilism and Existentialism. (or from nihilism lead to existentialism)
    Nietzsche thought he overcame nihilism and created the premises of a higher existence. Man is "a bridge, not a goal," "a rope stretched between the brute and the superman, a rope stretched above an abyss." All transcendent values, systems of ends and of higher truths, are interpreted as functions of life, in their place is the will to power. This however is not firm ground to stand on as one can argue that it is merely one technique among many one can adopt. Its just another subjective affirmation of values to replace the old ones. (he was beta EIE after all) It is a pseudo-solution. The vast majority of people are incapable of doing that even if they try. It takes a special kind of person. Even then it isn't something that solves the problem of nihilism. His ideas aren't for the weak of will, which makes them useless for most people, but nihilism does not spare even the doctrine of the superman.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Only a psychopath responds to periods and underscores.
    You are not qualified to label someone a psychopath here.

Notably, you are calling me a psychopath without actually describing any pathologies I actually have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the asylum everyone, where the mentally ill check in to stay.

You have been warned.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Welcome to the asylum everyone, where the mentally ill check in to stay.

You have been warned.
    Religion is a system of beliefs.

Church is simply a medium for religion. Like people gathering at 16-types forum to talk about socionics.

Like politics, you will have a spectrum of "liberal" and "conservative" ideologies.

The former will put more emphasis on love and forgiveness, the latter will focus more on judgement and morality.

The bible teaches both, as they are two sides of the same coin;

You can't fully understand light without understanding darkness,

You can't understand God's love without understanding his judgement and wrath.

The point of Christianity/Salvation is not about being morally perfect, because Jesus already fulfilled that. Rather, it is knowing this and being transformed inside out. Lifestyle/outside actions are simply a byproduct of that transformation, not necessarily the thing that saves you.

It's like striving to be a physically healthy person; some outside indicators may manifest as eating healthy, going to the gym, being disciplined, etc.

Same thing applies to the spiritual health.

You don't agree with the lifestyle of a meth-user. But because you love that person you tell him to stop

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    THUS SPOKE DR DONKEY BALLZ
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 02-20-2021 at 11:57 AM.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this Ne vs blind Ne legend?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason
    were you indoctrinated with theism from birth? I don’t think it’s difficult to imagine why you find anything other difficult to imagine.

How do you know that animals don’t believe in God?

If I said to you “I am the way, the truth, and the life”, why would you doubt it? Why not accept my claim through faith alone?

Can you name one good thing that could not exist without religion?

If God is everything, why do you spend so much time insulting God when you insult me?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@DrDonkeyBallz makes the claim that an atheistic truth is to teach there is no real difference between a pig and a human. And yet it is the theist husband of a theist who keeps calling me a pig.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why do people need to repent if they have been saved from their alleged sins?
    I've pointed this all out before many, oh so many times. "God" is many things. He is peace, love, mercy, all that is good.

There is one other thing people like to forget because of what it implies despite all that. His all that and more, but he is also "Justice" incarnate. His infinite love and mercy allows us sinners to be saved, hell, he even sacrificed his own son so as to make superabundant recompense for all our sins into perpetuity.

That will not and does not change the fact that his infinite justice demands we not only repent, but repay our debt and then some. Hence why purgatory is a thing. Fortunately, because of Christ's sacrifice, we finite beings can in theory make out like bandits in regards to the repayment of said debt of sin. We need only truly repent if we but accept him as our lord and savior...

Note: Ardent Atheists are just a single rung below actual Christ Haters/Satanists in regards to a guarantee of damnation. To categorically deny the existence of God is to indulge in the sin of despair. That's a mortal sin BTW. For if you know God is real than you have no reason to despair no matter what happens...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I've pointed this all out before many, oh so many times. "God" is many things. He is peace, love, mercy, all that is good.

There is one other thing people like to forget because of what it implies despite all that. His all that and more, but he is also "Justice" incarnate. His infinite love and mercy allows us sinners to be saved, hell, he even sacrificed his own son so as to make superabundant recompense for all our sins into perpetuity.

That will not and does not change the fact that his infinite justice demands we not only repent, but repay our debt and then some. Hence why purgatory is a thing. Fortunately, because of Christ's sacrifice, we finite beings can in theory make out like bandits in regards to the repayment of said debt of sin. We need only truly repent if we but accept him as our lord and savior...

Note: Ardent Atheists are just a single rung below actual Christ Haters/Satanists in regards to a guarantee of damnation. To categorically deny the existence of God is to indulge in the sin of despair. That's a mortal sin BTW. For if you know God is real than you have no reason to despair no matter what happens...
    If God is "Justice" incarnate, why does he punish the innocent and fails to punish the guilty?

When I forgive someone, no one has to be killed. Why is God incapable of doing the same?

If someone hates me, I don't torture them. I'm sorry if you find my moral code troubling.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If God is "Justice" incarnate, why does he punish the innocent and fails to punish the guilty?

When I forgive someone, no one has to be killed. Why is God incapable of doing the same?

If someone hates me, I don't torture them. I'm sorry if you find my moral code troubling.
    You fail to understand how it ultimately all works.

There are many levels to this but I'll start with one an arch-liberal alerted me to. Blasphemer and heretic though he may be, he made a good observation. Anyone can say "I forgive you". However, say you said that to someone who wronged you in the worst way. Say said sinner told you to go fuck yourself in all the worst ways in response.

Could you just accept that and forgive them anyway? Could you truly forgive someone who clearly hates everything you stand for and identify with? Could you just go: "Ok man, I get it, peace be upon you regardless because no matter how much you hate me I will always forgive ya."

"Man FUCK your forgiveness! I hope you die in a fire!" Fine, I forgive you anyway. Peace.

Can you concieve of doing the same? Could you truly forgive a person who rejected your most heartfelt apology?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    You fail to understand how it ultimately all works.

There are many levels to this but I'll start with one an arch-liberal alerted me to. Blasphemer and heretic though he may be, he made a good observation. Anyone can say "I forgive you". However, say you said that to someone who wronged you in the worst way. Say said sinner told you to go fuck yourself in all the worst ways in response.

Could you just accept that and forgive them anyway? Could you truly forgive someone who clearly hates everything you stand for and identify with? Could you just go: "Ok man, I get it, peace be upon you regardless because no matter how much you hate me I will always forgive ya."

"Man FUCK your forgiveness! I hope you die in a fire!" Fine, I forgive you anyway. Peace.

Can you concieve of doing the same? Could you truly forgive a person who rejected your most heartfelt apology?
    The point of forgiving is that it is unconditional. If I am capable of it, then I imagine a god should be able to. Also, you seem to be saying that it is acceptable to torture a person for not believing in you.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is my 100% unchanging personal feelings about religion and any God, Christian or otherwise; this God should respect this, if they actually have some kind of positive will towards me. Otherwise, God has ill-will towards me and I would rather go to a Hell and/or rebel against them and don't particularly care if I go against God's plan.

If God is omnipotent and omnipresent, then it transcends space and time. This means it exists everywhere and in everything at all times of an infinitely infinite spectrum of all things. Thusly, things have already been preordained and will happen as they do and yet it also implies that we are a part of God and that the whole of existence is either God or also a part of God. So then whether I worship or believe in a God or not, is not truly relevant at this point. And I see no 'objective' point to doing so; yes, there are always subjective justifications, but to me personally, I value objective justifications because anything can be justified on a subjective level.

If God exists as an entity that plays with us and wants us to behave a certain way or do certain things or push us in a certain direction, then it's not much different than an authority figure Te person that wants/expects everything to go a certain way. If this is the case, then that God needs to respect that I may disagree with it or disapprove and have good reason for doing so; so this God needs to accept that their idea of everything isn't somehow more right than mine, just because they created everything or because I am so small and stupid and ignorant in comparison. But they certainly have the power to do whatever they want to dissuade or pressure me into some kind of 'plan' because I wouldn't have the power to do anything about that. However, they should understand that if they do that and I think I end up following some kind of God's 'plan' and accepting it, that that doesn't mean I have to approve of that plan or that I will worship them or see that plan as the only right or best way. I will always see meaning, especially in suffering, as a hindsight is 20/20 sort of thing where people subjectively justify negative happenings because it led to some positive revelation or positive end. I think that's more 'objectively' just a Jungian synchronicity more than a God's 'plan' thing anyway though.

If God simply made us and the universe and let's it play out without intervention, then it doesn't really matter if I believe in God or worship or pray. All that matters is that I try my best and enjoy the journey as best I can because that's obviously the greater implication here, while I still exist. I personally feel that this is the most likely scenario and so this is how I choose to live and see God and religion, but even if the previous two exist as well, it doesn't change much. This is still the same best conclusion for each scenario. But this doesn't make me atheist or against religion per se, but it does make me an existentialist and all the possible implications of that and I'm just fine with that. There shouldn't just be one way to find meaning or enjoy life as defined a God in a religion imo.
    Last edited by Nobody; 02-21-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a religion. Conversely, religion is not religion, nothing is. Food for thought. I am not religious, but I respect it as much as I can. It should always be a choice, otherwise god would've never given us the choice.

I actually read the thread. Nice.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you ever get the feeling that God has a plan?

And you're the only one who can stop it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast