Thread: Most (In)Articulate Types

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Most (In)Articulate Types

What types are the biggest talkers? Which ones find it hardest to express themselves verbally? Also, why?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

talk more: E, F

> Which ones find it hardest to express themselves verbally?

T types will talk better about logical themes. F types better about emotions and relations of people. etc
    From the point of correct style: J.
    To say more clear: S.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is largely dependent on the recipient.
    As such base intuitive talks via images. This largely may narrow down certain population like some rationals. This also goes the same way with rational communicator whose focus is in proceedings. One must note that introverted base may want to keep their own knowledge of particularies to themselves and inspect it further.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-22-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being articulate has more to do with education, background and or self-confidence. Ejs are usually the more talkative but XIEs tend hold their cards closer. IEIs seem to be the least communicative in mixed company but this tends to be a choice and not a handicap because they can talk up a storm to people they trust.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

People with the simplest thoughts relative to their brainpower are the most articulate (I'm guessing). I think it also takes a good deal of practice, which has been pointed out as education.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I'm very inarticulate on the fly. I have an internal logic and structure to my thoughts which ties everything together, and woe to you if you can't figure out what that structure is. If I'm given time to write, I think I'm very clear, as I can re-organise and make explicit what I'm trying to say in a way which is clear to the other person. But it takes me a lot of time to write.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te/Fe (or EJ) will be good natural talkers/articulators; these cognitive functions are linked to language centers in the brain. They'll have more awareness in matters when it comes to vocal tonality, hearing nuances in speech, fluidity in delivery, etc. Of course, this is different from getting good through practice or socially talking amongst friends.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest talkers? Extroverts like EIE, ILE, IEE, LIE, ESE... Seems like Fe and Ne play the biggest role - Se leads can be somewhat laconic. But the most laconic types are Fe-4. SLIs in particular find it difficult to express themselves and their feelings verbally.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Biggest talkers? Extroverts like EIE, ILE, IEE, LIE, ESE... Seems like Fe and Ne play the biggest role - Se leads can be somewhat laconic. But the most laconic types are Fe-4. SLIs in particular find it difficult to express themselves and their feelings verbally.
    Feeling is like I love you, I like you...

That is pretty Fi. Why would they be worse than ExTx?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why do you not say both LSIs and SLIs? They have the same functional strengths.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EJ temperaments can talk so much that you have to interrupt them so they stop speaking.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Zaniac 007 View Post
    Feeling is like I love you, I like you...

That is pretty Fi. Why would they be worse than ExTx?
    Feeling it is Fi, saying it requires Fe. 1D Fi will be bad at understanding their own feelings but better at verbal expression in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Why do you not say both LSIs and SLIs? They have the same functional strengths.
    LSIs (or rather suggestive Fe) seem to vary more. Some LSIs are laconic, others are more open.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest talker I know is an EIE. I also know an SEE that thinks he can out talk anyone too. The SEE is BAD but the EIE is by far the worst talker I know. I thought this SEE was until I met the EIE lol. Habitual noise polluters I call them.

1 day I want to introduce him to that EIE and bring an audience so we can all enjoy the circus together

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    The biggest talker I know is an EIE. I also know an SEE that thinks he can out talk anyone too. The SEE is BAD but the EIE is by far the worst talker I know. I thought this SEE was until I met the EIE lol. Habitual noise polluters I call them.

1 day I want to introduce him to that EIE and bring an audience so we can all enjoy the circus together
    yeah when EIE are in an excited state nothing can really stop them from talking for hours. close second are probably SEE. these are the kind of people that talked for hours in school about drama, gossip, make-up etc.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs talk the most, SLIs the least

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I'm always hoping I can just say 5 disconnected words and the other person will just assemble the context themselves so I can say less lol.

I remember feeling pretty much mute in early childhood. I couldn't talk even if I wanted to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with SLI, ESE is definitely up there but ILEs and EIEs are also big talkers.

Maybe they're more likely to be introverted in general though, so I basically agree.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree with SLI, ESE is definitely up there but ILEs and EIEs are also big talkers.

Maybe they're more likely to be introverted in general though, so I basically agree.
    I had an ESE roommate who literally could not stop talking. If you were polite and just let her speak without interruption, she'd go on for up to 4 hours nonstop without you saying a word to contribute to the conversation. I know because it happened on several occasions. Say you're in a hurry and gotta head out and God she'd straight up follow you so as not to be interrupted.

Household has gotten quiet as a crypt since she moved out...

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had an ESE roommate who literally could not stop talking. If you were polite and just let her speak without interruption, she'd go on for up to 4 hours nonstop without you saying a word to contribute to the conversation. I know because it happened on several occasions. Say you're in a hurry and gotta head out and God she'd straight up follow you so as not to be interrupted.

Household has gotten quiet as a crypt since she moved out...
    Sounds like heaven

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI friends are pretty talkative around me. You just need to make them understand that their thoughts are actually welcome.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    My SLI friends are pretty talkative around me. You just need to make them understand that their thoughts are actually welcome.
    Can be difficult if they've been around types that love smiling at you while waiting for you to hang yourself.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ESI and I'm pretty talkative. LSI can be pretty talkative but they're probably not the most talkative.

Not sure what type is the least talkative, I haven't known an SLI.

EIEs are generally pretty talkative but they talk less as they get older.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I can be talkative in a one on one scenario with a friend but in groups I stay quiet, even if it's a group of friends I'd be talkative with individually.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In general in a 'new' environment in meatspace- IPs/introverts will probably have the hardest time speaking and EJs the easiest. In a vague & campy MBTI way.

But like my IEI sister (I think she's IEI) talks to my ESE mother like a rabid confident motormouth- I think because she supervises her and finds like talking to her so easy/fun because she can so easily pounce on the things she says. But if she's in some worldly gritty bar situation- she just wants some SLE alpha male to protect her. I can talk that way too if I feel comfortable enough with a certain individual or small group of people but I often get really quiet and shy/awkward in real life group situations especially if I sense I'm around somebody that my Fi dislikes/clashes with and I'm just biting my tongue to keep the peace and avoid starting a war. It's not even so much that I'm afraid of them, but I am afraid of their own feelings if I do speak my mind as I think some people especially can't handle it and I'll just really provoke them lol. I am like too empathetic sometimes and too hyper aware of how the least little sentence can make somebody else feel.

OH yeah and I express myself through writing much better than in real life speaking I think lol.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    In general in a 'new' environment in meatspace- IPs/introverts will probably have the hardest time speaking and EJs the easiest. In a vague & campy MBTI way.

But like my IEI sister (I think she's IEI) talks to my ESE mother like a rabid confident motormouth- I think because she supervises her and finds like talking to her so easy/fun because she can so easily pounce on the things she says. But if she's in some worldly gritty bar situation- she just wants some SLE alpha male to protect her. I can talk that way too if I feel comfortable enough with a certain individual or small group of people but I often get really quiet and shy/awkward in real life group situations especially if I sense I'm around somebody that my Fi dislikes/clashes with and I'm just biting my tongue to keep the peace and avoid starting a war. It's not even so much that I'm afraid of them, but I am afraid of their own feelings if I do speak my mind as I think some people especially can't handle it and I'll just really provoke them lol. I am like too empathetic sometimes and too hyper aware of how the least little sentence can make somebody else feel.

OH yeah and I express myself through writing much better than in real life speaking I think lol.
    Hey dude, check your inbox! A bunch of us have been trying to get in touch.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with hotelA that Se leads are laconic. Irl, me and my vast number of SEE friends don’t talk much unless we have something pertinent to say. That doesn’t mean we can’t talk about anything and everything, but we’re not superfluous with words nor like using fancy words, either. SEE would talk more than SLE due to higher Fe development but both of them have strong Te which is likely the reason why when talking, are into being clear and economical with words.

I think the most articulate types are ones with the strongest Te and Fe. The ones who talk a lot in general are Fe and Ne, especially about nothing. For inarticulate, it’s Ni and Fi being silent. Ti is pedantic so they’re inarticulate and since Ne is usually full of nonsense they might as well be in the inarticulate category as well.
    Last edited by Lolita; 01-05-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ive found some ESEs are really good vocally

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that valued and strong Se types tend to be.. less verbally expressive. Talk is cheap.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by 'inarticulate' i assume you mean explaining things? if so, any 1D Ti type because they have difficulty creating and communicating logical chains of reasoning however, that doesn't mean they can't understand concepts and stuff like that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    by 'inarticulate' i assume you mean explaining things? if so, any 1D Ti type because they have difficulty creating and communicating logical chains of reasoning however, that doesn't mean they can't understand concepts and stuff like that.
    Difficulty in communication is not mentioned for 1D Ti types that I recall but it is for SEI inert subtype, heightened 2d Ti and all.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Difficulty in communication is not mentioned for 1D Ti types that I recall but it is for SEI inert subtype, heightened 2d Ti and all.
    Ahh, that's why I wasn't sure what op was talking about when they said 'inarticulate'. All feeling (probably more so extroverted than introverted) types are some of the best communicators alive however, when it comes to understanding and articulating concepts, systems and personal understanding they find that quite difficult. I remember reading one of the articles on wikisocion and it mentioned that 1. ExEs love listening to people explain logical concepts in a clear and concise way whereas xEIs get really angry when they don't understand things 2. xLEs love explaining (over-explaining sometimes lol) things to anyone that will listen. This led me to the conclusion that strong Ti is the function of clarity, explanation and articulation of personal thoughts.

Personally, I've spoken to some weak Ti types and it felt like I was talking to a brick wall...it takes them a long time to understand things.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

‘Articulate’ as in the standard dictionary definition of demonstrating fluent and coherent communication. Those who talk a lot doesn’t mean they’re articulate. I think it’s the opposite. When you use too many words or use inappropriate vocabulary that doesn’t fit the audience, then that’s also being inarticulate as you’re not able to reach your audience. Those who talk less doesn’t mean they’re inarticulate, either.