Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Psychedelics

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psychedelics

What's your take on them... are they pure biological process? A form of inter-dimensional mind-upload? A portal to higher planes of transcendence or the afterlife? A cultural-Marxist ploy to destroy 1950's conservative America? Discuss.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo.

If you want a mind altering experience, just get worked up in ninety degree weather til you get a heat stroke.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Scanning people's brains while they take psychedelics and then report their experience seems like an interesting way to study consciousness.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    What's your take on them... are they pure biological process? A form of inter-dimensional mind-upload? A portal to higher planes of transcendence or the afterlife? A cultural-Marxist ploy to destroy 1950's conservative America? Discuss.
    You're just experiencing your brain breaking - a shifting and reordering/realignment of conscious awareness and attention. I guess you can garner spiritual insight from it but humans can do that with almost anything.

It is pretty cool to experience though (when it goes well).
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who took DMT: did you talk to any entities?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    That guy looks either like a pushy ILE or a brain-fried SLE. I can see why IEI's sometimes go for ILE's. There are some who are hard to tell apart from Duals.

What would you like to get out of it? Would you ask for guidance ?
    I started taking drugs because I wanted to explore different dimensions in space and time. I was never able to open the portal to different lands, but I did find out a lot about how the human mind works. Basically by selectively turning off parts of it.

I remember the first time I took acid. I was 18 and in the dorm, and my IEI roommate thought acid would be a great idea, while the SLE drug dealer wouldn't touch the stuff. Acid takes about 40 minutes from the time you swallow it to the time you start the roller coaster ride, and during that time, I had a few moments where I wondered if I was going to fuck up my brain forever. I then told myself that no matter how this turned out, I would still be me. And then the space- and time-warping started, and I suddenly had other things to think about.

I took it on a Saturday morning on an empty stomach, and was back to Earth that afternoon, and could pass for a functioning human being by Monday morning when classes started. But I wasn't quite the same. Lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we are discussing psychedelics, I took a lot of acid, a lot of mescaline, and some psilocybin, and basically smoked weed and hashish continuously for a few years. They are all very different from each other in their effects. I never tried DMT.

I'll leave this post as a placeholder to describe my impressions of each of those drugs sometime when I have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I then told myself that no matter how this turned out, I would still be me.
    Cool that it occured to you to anchor in this safety

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool that it occured to you to anchor in this safety
    It was a gift, thanks.

If I were recommending psychedelics, which I'm not, I'd say to start with a low dose of mescaline, maybe from the peyote cactus with the tufts removed, because it enhances feelings and colors and is kind of relaxing and it doesn't fuck your head like acid does. I mean, if the highest you've ever been on weed is 100 mm, then acid is about one or two meters. Mescaline might be 300 mm.

I should add that the acid I took was very pure. It even had a brand name. The first hit was about 900 or 1000 micrograms and I easily reached ego dissolution. If you're an explorer, this can be fascinating. If you are not, this can be terrifying.
    I initially bought 100 hits of the stuff and besides giving it away to friends, I threw acid parties where a bunch of people would drive out to a friend's cabin in the central hills of Ohio and we'd all take acid for the weekend.
    I kept increasing the dose I took, trying to open that portal, until I got to 3500 micrograms and boredom set in. "Yep. The walls are melting again and I'm unable to look like a functioning human for the next six hours. Boring. That's it."

After coming down from acid, I'd be a bit jangly and would smoke a few joints just to settle my nerves. Smoking that much didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my being high.

I'd also recommend being in a safe place with people you completely trust, because the unconscious defenses that you've built up since infancy against the intrusions of other people simply tend to come down, and you can imagine that neutral people could be bad and you couldn't defend yourself. Or maybe that's just my reaction. But a safe place is important.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-16-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy looks either like a pushy ILE or a brain-fried SLE. I can see why IEI's sometimes go for ILE's. There are some who are hard to tell apart from Duals.
    ISTj with a hell of a suggestive function.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Castaneda: https://youtu.be/bZZpZjGnlBo

What would you like to get out of it? Would you ask for guidance ?
    I'm just curious about people's experiences, really.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone here with depression tried psilocybin?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I have not but,

The default mode thinking is walked away from internally and you can see your depression for what it is, without being the depression itself.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hey, this reminds me a benefit of this forum is that I can just tmi cuz w/e. I tried acid for the 1st* (*except a weak dose i exaggerated about when I was 15) time a week or so ago. It was planned out well w very close and experienced ppl and I was gonna take 1/4 tab just to dip my feet. Then I was all basic and was like I can handle more, time passes, i can handle more, lol. 1.5 tabs and I was chillin w my vomit in a dark room. I'm not upset at myself for trying, but I don't plan on repeating myself. Fyi, I was influenced by studies about good things it might do in the brainz. I won't hunt them down but it was a quick Google.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Hey, this reminds me a benefit of this forum is that I can just tmi cuz w/e. I tried acid for the 1st* (*except a weak dose i exaggerated about when I was 15) time a week or so ago. It was planned out well w very close and experienced ppl and I was gonna take 1/4 tab just to dip my feet. Then I was all basic and was like I can handle more, time passes, i can handle more, lol. 1.5 tabs and I was chillin w my vomit in a dark room. I'm not upset at myself for trying, but I don't plan on repeating myself. Fyi, I was influenced by studies about good things it might do in the brainz. I won't hunt them down but it was a quick Google.
    During one of the acid parties in central Ohio, a girl spent some time vomiting on a guy's car. We TOLD her not to do acid on a full stomach. After a while, she got cleaned up and was back for more spacey fun.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acid is imho awful drugged out feeling. Its one train track type of drug, you feel one narrow thing.

Mushrooms are where its at.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Yes.
    Was it you?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it you?
    I dont understand the question.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont understand the question.
    Yeah, it was you.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was you.
    How do you know, Adam?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you know, Adam?
    Not understanding a three-word sentence is a dead giveaway for drug use. Been there, many, many times.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My take on those is bit doubtful because number of people think I'm using those already.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-C
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be careful with that mix right there. Could be good, could be really bad. & when it's bad it's teeeeerrible.

The last time I did it was a few years ago during the absolute lowest point of my life and I was an emotional wreck in ways that I'd rather not go into detail on. 0 interest in ever touching it again. On the bright side, it was revealing concerning the lack of empathy of the person I did it with.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd try mushrooms with access...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I'd try mushrooms with access...
    I suggest you eat more than a recreational amount. Go for 5 grams, or even 6-8.

Mushrooms are very easy to find, you can even order them online.

Just make sure you have the entire day off any responsibilities, and you have a place you can retreat to safely.

Having a friend nearby might be good, although for my myself, its not necessary. But, I've always been brave like that.

Subversive Sage(?)
    TIM
    ILI(?) 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were about four or five times I took them with any notable effects. Last time was about three years ago. It was with shrooms for the most part. I remember one occasion where I'd actually gone out to get a pizza after having about 3.5 grams or so. I felt like a total joke, but I didn't care. I would just stare at the starry screensaver on a nearby computer screen and be mesmerized by the surrounding lights while sitting at the place, before waddling back down the street like a weirdo. I'd also been reading Carl Jung at the time, and wondered if any of the internal visuals I recorded had anything to do with his idea of archetypes. I even brought it up with my psychiatrist, although he didn't seem all that keen to go there.

My two shots at acid were a different story. Definitely more vivid on the visuals. Second trip on it is especially worth mentioning. Had the kind of feeling you'd get if you'd just been looking at the ground your whole life, and then all of a sudden seeing the sky for the first time. Very "Olympian" type of energy to it, being high in the true sense of the word. Like death wasn't even a thing for me. Still had what might seem like dark turns, but not a bad trip.
    In fact, none of them so far have had anything I'd call definitely negative about them, even though my life situation had really been getting me down during my dabbling in it.
    Last edited by K0m0d0; 01-08-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychedelics being approved for therapy in Canada.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8514429/p...herapy-canada/

LSD & Psilocybin help with depression according to studies (and just as well as SSRIs).

https://globalnews.ca/news/8396650/u...-health-study/

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news...on-study-shows

https://www.webmd.com/depression/new...for-depression

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably try psychedelics sometime if/when I get the opportunity.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have schizophrenia. I'm on psychedelics all the time basically. I am irritated that my teenage children drop acid. I scold them and then they say"would you rather we didn't do it at home and not tell you?" My daughter is SLE and my son is ILE. They're giggly the whole time.

I don't approve..

Their drug dealer goes to school with them.... They only take marijuana and acid but still... I don't like it.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I've never tried them, but a friend from high school did. She took them during class while I was with her. I remember her eyes got super dilated and she ended up just ditching school to go home early because it was too much for her.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These things scare me, the stuff going on in my head is already enough to make people wonder how high I am if I'm not careful with my words, what would it do?
    Heard it could have the opposite effect on people who seem high au natural, but I don't want to know for sure.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I have schizophrenia. I'm on psychedelics all the time basically. I am irritated that my teenage children drop acid. I scold them and then they say"would you rather we didn't do it at home and not tell you?" My daughter is SLE and my son is ILE. They're giggly the whole time.

I don't approve..

Their drug dealer goes to school with them.... They only take marijuana and acid but still... I don't like it.
    I showed this post to my ILE son and he sent me this:
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bridge to the unconscious, really. They allow for me to perceive things in ways I would not normally. I read an article not long ago describing how the brain of someone on LSD and the brain of an infant are similar. I haven't done LSD (I have microdosed on shrooms and had almost hallucinogenic experiences with high levels of THC), but I think the appeal of certain drugs is that it helps us look at the world in ways not too different than how we saw the world as young children. So maybe they help with neuroplasticity. The only thing I don't like is sometimes I get too much into my own head and face things about myself and my past I'd rather just not deal with.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    For anyone who took DMT: did you talk to any entities?
    I’ve never done DMT, but I have spoken with entities when I took shrooms.
    It wasn’t a super powerful dose, only 2g, but I had been drinking lots of Everclear on a 4 day bender which tends to give me some really wild experiences (I could make another post on that). After ingesting the shrooms I sat in darkness for a while and eventually I slipped into a sort of waking dream state. That is when the entities showed up. I didn’t really get to see them very well but I sensed/identified them as these little fairy/sprite-like beings and they played around with me a bit. They seemed incredibly intelligent and had a sort of manic cartoony energy to them. Fun little dudes, I wanna meet up with them again. But anyway, they guided me into the exciting part of my trip. They put on a show for me, or really it was a trailer for a show, a broadway musical theatre type of thing but with a psychedelic and dream-like twist. It’s hard to convey what it was really like. The psychedelic stage play these sprites made for me starred me, as myself from my pov, as the protagonist going on the typical hero’s journey to save a woman I care about very much. I trekked through a labyrinth of non-Euclidean space as I navigated beautifully crafted stage props, and environments that were just too… geez how do I even put this?… just too otherly to properly describe. The best way I can describe those weird environments is as if I was moving through a fractal tunnel without any defined shapes (look up fractal zoom on youtube to get a better idea of what I mean). When I finally found the woman I was looking for I was shocked to see she was physically possessed by a demon. It seized her and held her in its grip, merging with her. And I watched as it molded and stretched her body around causing her to morph and contort in absurd ways meanwhile she suffered, cried, and screamed in agony. It was as if I had ventured into my own far, far off pocket of hell that only this woman and I shared along this demon. As if I had entered some space specifically generated for me to experience confronting this demon which possessed her. It was intensely emotional for me as I felt helpless and I couldn’t do anything but watch the horror. Eventually, the sprites came in and helped me out. They excised the demon from the woman’s body and opened up a portal to hell, threatening to banish the demon to the deepest depths of tartarus where he would surely suffer. The little entities began chanting and slowly dragging the demon into the pit whilst releasing the most terror-stricken screams I have ever heard and clawing at the ground in a desperate frenzy trying to cling on and escape. Suddenly, it just stopped and more of the sprites appeared to clean up the stage and communicate with me, but it was too difficult to get a clear connection, like when your phone connection is breaking up with someone during a call; in contact, but not fully. They told me what I had just seen was a trailer for the stage play the had produced for me and that I would need to take more mushrooms if I wanted to see the full show and interact with them better. They seemed very friendly, helpful, and fun, but I also felt like I had no power over them whatsoever. Oh shit, and I can’t forget! The music! It was a musical theatre-type play after all and the sprites played all of the music for me. The music was fucking amazing but I can’t remember it very well, oh well. This was only during the first 2 houtrs of the trip and all the crazy shit stopped when the entities made it stop. The rest of the trip was just chill with mild euphoria.

I have had a much wilder experience on just alcohol though tbh, which I may post about but idk.
    Last edited by Djinn; 01-28-2022 at 05:24 AM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta try 'em all! Someday... when I'm not living in Japan anymore
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I ate San Pedro once but it had no effect.

I'd try acid, shrooms, mescaline but not DMT.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did take an 8g dose of psilocybin once. Unfortunately, nothing too trippy happened, so I was kinda disappointed.
    One thing interesting to note though would be how it pretty much seemed to increase my IQ. By a lot. I didn’t even need to think to come up with ideas and solutions to problems, the results just kinda happened. I had been working on a tricky puzzle at the time that had stumped me for a few days, but I went up to it to have another go while on these 8g and I just solved it instantly without effort. It felt like child’s play. You know those educational toys for infants where like, they have peculiarly shaped blocks that have to fit into a certain hole? It was as if this puzzle which had stumped me became as simple as that. It would be interesting to actually take an IQ test under that effect.

edit: yes, it was 8g, and on an empty stomach. I used lemon tek. The content may have degraded somewhat by the time I took them. No, I don’t know why it didn’t fucking blast my brain into an alternate dimension or some shit. It was pretty tame.

I’m looking forward to trying between an 8-13 gram dose next time. Hopefully, something worth talking about happens.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I'll probably try psychedelics sometime if/when I get the opportunity.
    To use psyche active substances for entertainment is not reasonable. Besides the ones with known predictable results in mass usage as alcohol.

Forbidden substance can be not safe themselves, not only in long usage and a dependency. Also there is a problem of not good control when it's produced illegaly. The substance may have additions, the doze mb too high. You may accidentally mix a substance with something what changes its effect.
    Check about people which accidentally died after usage of drugs. Other harm is not excluded too, especially for the brain.
    Even unofficially sold alcohol sometimes results people to death or chronic health disorders.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to try them at a later stage of life, when I'll run out of ideas and get stuck in a monotony of ordinary living. Currently I'm more focused on execution of my plans then searching new points of view, also I'm already weird enough and don't want to amplify that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast