Thread: hotelambush Questionnaire (februarysprout)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hotelambush Questionnaire (februarysprout)

Last edited by nochturne; 03-16-2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: deleting because it's old and inaccurate (it seems like I can't completely delete)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shy goody two shoes types
    from most to least likely

SEI-Si>EII>IEI-Ni>ESI-Fi>LII>SLI-Si

LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion. One of them is probably your dual.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just keep in mind that you are young and as such not fully developed, which can make typing difficult. Also, forget about MBTI while you are here, that shit is useless.

You seem to have weak Se, maybe valued. I'm seeing more Fe than Fi in you here.

You touched on this in a way in your questionnaire but I would like more information on this:

Do you rely on other people pushing you in order to attain your goals or other tasks (both in the moment and for the future) or are you capable of easily doing this yourself? Do you enjoy or need this prodding?

Another useful thing would be for you to go here: https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/quadras/ to read up on the quadras and tell us which you think you would fit in the best with. I again have some ideas from your answers but more is needed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybel View Post
    What is this? Look for specific signs of information elements, or quadra values, or ask more questions if you have no idea. You are just adding to the confusion by suggesting a type from every crack of the universe.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    What is this? Look for specific signs of information elements, or quadra values, or ask more questions if you have no idea. You are just adding to the confusion by suggesting a type from every crack of the universe.
    ?Every type? u blind bro?

I think I narrowed it down pretty well. There is way in hell that they're a LIE, for example. I sense 1D/ignoring Te and 1D/ignoring Se. Possibly good F. People are usually too narrowminded when it comes to questionnaires, but I didn't want to just list random types either. That's why I listed it from most possible to least possible. A clear ranking system. The top three I listed are the most probable, others not so much but still possible. Anything else is highly unlikely. It's better for them to research by themselves, they know themselves better than anyone else after all.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

?Every type? u blind bro?

I think I narrowed it down pretty well. There is way in hell that they're a LIE, for example. I sense 1D/ignoring Te and 1D/ignoring Se. Possibly good F. People are usually too narrowminded when it comes to questionnaires, but I didn't want to just list random types either. That's why I listed it from most possible to least possible. A clear ranking system. The top three I listed are the most probable, others not so much but still possible. Anything else is highly unlikely. It's better for them to research by themselves, they know themselves better than anyone else after all.
    Yes definitely weak Te and Se, this is the type of thing you should highlight more, looking at it from my point of view I'm seeing a very negligible difference in your rankings. 2.01 is greater than 2 after all. Also the seemingly random throwing around of contrasting subtypes in opposing quadras.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes definitely weak Te and Se, this is the type of thing you should highlight more, looking at it from my point of view I'm seeing a very negligible difference in your rankings. 2.01 is greater than 2 after all. Also the seemingly random throwing around of contrasting subtypes in opposing quadras.
    I dislike that "definiteness" you speak of, doesn't allow for much flexibility. They are a nonbinary now but I suspect they were raised as a girl. I have met extremely soft and nice LII and SLI girls, almost F type like, that is why I included them. It's not super common but some LIIs can definitely be impractical. SEI-Si and EII can be extremely similar from a superficial point of view. They may be from different quadras but that doesn't make it not difficult to differentiate, especially because OP made a questionnaire and not a video, where valued Fe is more apparent. Those were the two I saw most probable for OP.
    @februarysprout What do you think? Have you decided anything for or against any values?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@februarysprout

Here is a great description of the differences between your two most likely types. No rush, a lot of people change their minds later.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This has been circling around my head for a while now; it's rather upsetting actually to continuously try to explain some people that they are not INFj; whether you spell that INFJ or EII, doesn't matter much.

I would like to begin with my discussion about general demeanor of both types and why some SEI confuse themselves with EII and you may add more reasons if you wish.

There are a lot of similarities and things they have in common both internally and externally, but the things that really distinguish them are, and words to describe them are the following:

SEI - fun, unassuming, down to earth; are a lot more willing to enjoy drinks and laughter, where silly things can be viewed, can be had and enjoyed with others. Because of the sympathetic nature of an SEI, “they can be deeply affected by the pain, unhappiness, or misfortune of others, but hide their vulnerability behind a veneer of detachment, appearing cool and removed.” Because they use the tool of TRUST, an SEI is far more likely than an EII to be more closed to select people, choosing who is privy to their deep thoughts and feelings, this is where Fi minus comes in. Overly sensitive. Because they are not forthcoming of their hurt feelings and resentments, they hold on to their feelings for a long time unlike an EII who has a magical ability to let go and move on and never mention or bring up the past. Because they take worries on to their shoulders, worries about people, family, stuff, they look like and EII, a concerned human who wants to help, this is very true, both can be like this. Both types are unassertive and can be taken an advantage of. They look for the best in others, but this is an individual bases as opposed to humanity. They rarely criticize the actions or beliefs of others. Live in the present moment where they find pleasure and joy in simple things -company, food, friends, etc. Don't plan as much as EII, not by a long shot. I have responded to posts by forum members who I type SEI and I often say “well, didn't you plan for this situation so that you could have been prepared by the various outcome of events that may have turned out?” and rightfully so. They can become pessimistic when things turn bad down the road because they didn't see things coming. Their living space may be cluttered, full of things that don't match or belong, looks like “lived in” style.

EII - integrity, courage; prefer a serious environment; their vision, creativity, and originality is used in the service of others (notice I said service and not just help) to offer patience and support. Great at thinking up (cleaver) new and better ways to help people get their needs met (you are having trouble with food, hang around this area or go here and they will help you); this allows an EII to circumvent the world of what needs are being offered to people, not for them particularly but for those they love. "Are willing to subject themselves to skepticism or criticism in order to make their vision, which is driven by their strong values a reality." (which is uncharacteristic of SEI). Single minded narrowness. Have fierce determination, courage, stand up to all odds and keep going. Led by their values, by seriousness of outlook on the welfare of people and humanity translates to a serious person, they need to be reminded to relax, to enjoy lighter and pleasurable moments. When feelings hurt they pass easily. Have no trouble criticizing others actions. Live almost entirely in the past or in the future, plan plan plan. They do extensive preplanning on almost everything. In their living space, they like minimalist, clutter free, flowing aesthetic environment and try to keep their environment the same way.

Both being excellent friends and listeners is one area where an SEI may confuse themselves for an EII; both want to provide support to others because one empathizes (EII) and the other offers sympathy (you can be there for the person who is suffering). Both are typically gentle and soft spoken, and both usually don't like to call attention to themselves. Both navigate the world of human relations and are concerned about keeping harmony. Both can be honest and trustworthy; because of WEAK Se and IGNORING Se SEI can look like EII in that they are both fail to take reality into account, they miss essential details, and choose to ignore essential facts, an SEI with this regard isn't likely to consider other facts; but unlike SEI, an EII through ideal is likely to take up a position, believing in that and thus acting dismissive of others and being judgmental of other views. They both have expectations about people's behaviors, but an EII is undemanding unlike an SEI; both can be stubborn and unyielding; both can enjoy art, both can like dancing, both enjoy planning, both are gentle, sensitive, and compassionate; both are committed and loyal to friends and family THIS IS NOT Fi, and both can look modest and reserved. Both are intensely private, and thus they conceal their true nature from others or their true problems and selves; both do not like to control and resist; they both work quietly and behind the scenes in various ways.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by februarysprout View Post
    Hi, I just read over the quadras, but they all seemed around 50% accurate. They had a similar amount of things I didn't feel that I related to so I can't really tell much. I'm a bit worried I'm making this too difficult myself in some way, so I apologise for that, but I don't think I am, at least not consciously. Also, I'm normally pretty ambitious with my goals concerning the future but other than in my planning I'm not very independent. I often seek help from other people to actually do something about my ambitious instead of dreaming about them.

I didn't want to re-write what I had written but I just looked again at the quadrats because I felt bad not giving any information especially while you're doing something to help me. The Alpha one was fairly accurate until the “Te blocked with Ni” section as I prefer receiving advice over experiencing something myself and I also don't joke very much and I think I'm a bit more open to negativity. There were a couple parts in the beta one that I related to but overall not much. I related to the beginning of the gamma one I think, but not the rest, and the delta one I related to about half of.

Thank you so much!! ♡
    Typing isn't simple, no matter if it's yourself or others, no need to apologize. Well if you relate to both alpha and delta more than you are probably Ne-Si valuing and what I thought could have been Se valuing in others is probably Te valuing.

EII could be the one. I wouldn't base anything off of Reinin dichotomies, some of them are useful and the rest are not.

You could also try to read up on other types and try to determine which information elements you think you value in others to make sure your axis is correct.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shy goody two shoes types
    from most to least likely

LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion. One of them is probably your dual.
    Oh gosh, I really have adored LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE people. I find type-bigotry comments like X 'are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion' to be obnoxious, though

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Oh gosh, I really have adored LIE, ILE, LSE, and SLE people. I find type-bigotry comments like X 'are collectively the most obnoxious people in the socion' to be obnoxious, though
    Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things. My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.

I was simply trying to help OP, as they implied they have an odd fondness for these people, who are most likely to be 1D Fi. I apologize for not being politically correct enough. Terribly offensive stuff.

edit: the last part was sarcasm

There's literally a dude on this forum that makes rants on how black people have lower IQ. Why not go bother that guy? Also life protip making moralizing comments does absolutely nothing most of the time, usually makes the person more defensive and feel bad, a softer approach would garner more results
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 10-11-2020 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things.
    I agree.

My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.
    Yeah, I want to point out that's influenced by who you are and how you interact with their dynamic. It's not their identity that they are inherently annoying.

I was simply trying to help OP, as they implied they have an odd fondness for these people, who are most likely to be 1D Fi. I apologize for not being politically correct enough. Terribly offensive stuff.
    I think it's great you wanted to be helpful. You also called types annoying, like it's their trait not your interaction.

And...when ppl are told their about their words, they could listen to it and not take it as an attack but recognize it as useful information, that they didn't intend to hurt someone, and that knowing ramifications of how they were talking is useful.

But sometimes ppl sound deeply offended about saying something offensive. it seems deeply recursive...ironic...and hypocritical

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Liking and finding people obnoxious aren't incompatible things. My ILE and LSE friends are my favorite people in the world but they definitely have some... rough sides. This is true for every 1D Fi person I have encountered. The LSE is loud and makes unintentionally degrading comments. The ILE is highly defensive and moody in a cute puppy-like way. I love them both.
    I hate to further derail this thread but are you basing your conclusions about these types being "obnoxious" on old MBTI stereotypes and the fact that you know one person of each of these types and now assume everyone else who is like that must be one of those types? That's going to lead to many incorrect typings and yet you were saying that I was being too definitive earlier.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to further derail this thread but are you basing your conclusions about these types being "obnoxious" on old MBTI stereotypes and the fact that you know one person of each of these types and now assume everyone else who is like that must be one of those types? That's going to lead to many incorrect typings and yet you were saying that I was being too definitive earlier.
    Hm. I think you guys are reading too much into cursory statements. People like to unfairly bitch on specific types based on their subjective real life experiences all the time, why don’t you go after them? My tone was meant to be read lightheartedly. Including the goody two shoes part. I wasn’t being 100% serious when I said that, btw, I think most people can catch that. And hey, in the end, I helped OP get a start to their typing journey, that’s what counts the most IG. Bye

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I think you guys are reading too much into cursory statements. People like to unfairly bitch on specific types based on their subjective real life experiences all the time, why don’t you go after them? My tone was meant to be read lightheartedly. Including the goody two shoes part. I wasn’t being 100% serious when I said that, btw, I think most people can catch that. And hey, in the end, I helped OP get a start to their typing journey, that’s what counts the most IG. Bye
    We do confront them when we see them, and it isn't going after someone to confront them. It isn't hostile

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    We do confront them when we see them, and it isn't going after someone to confront them. It isn't hostile
    I think the issue is your "confronting" is most people's "unnecessarily being a dick"

I said something in a joking manner and now you seem to have framed it as if I was being an asshole. I got irritated because of that.

I don't dislike you. But I'm suggesting you think more long term about this. Out of all of your confrontations, has it genuinely changed anyone's mind or made them apologize? If not maybe a different approach is warranted

edit: OK im sorry. that was immature of me and I could have been nicer about it. you’re a kind person and have been through a lot, but there are definitely ways to smoothen interactions, de-escalate, and not derail threads, which is inconsiderate and ruins a lot of thread potentials. admittedly i also messed up in that aspect

Last edited by Tzuyu; 10-12-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue is your "confronting" is most people's "unnecessarily being a dick"

I said something in a joking manner and now you seem to have framed it as if I was being an asshole. I got irritated because of that.

I don't dislike you. But I'm suggesting you think more long term about this. Out of all of your confrontations, has it genuinely changed anyone's mind or made them apologize? If not maybe a different approach is warranted

edit: OK im sorry. that was immature of me and I could have been nicer about it. you’re a kind person and have been through a lot, but there are definitely ways to smoothen interactions, de-escalate, and not derail threads, which is inconsiderate and ruins a lot of thread potentials. admittedly i also messed up in that aspect

People can't tell your tone in text. But...even joking that someone's type is inherently obnoxious is going to create problems. The people that are getting bitter and come on here with broken hearts will calcify when they read posts like you made.

I appreciate your sharing how you felt attacked. That's useful feedback. And, I'm going to have a better approach in future when I point out how someone's actions can harm people. It is not me attacking you. Calling a type obnoxious so bluntly is destructive.