Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the flaming questionnaire

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    I’d like to make a quick update on the therapist I spoke of many posts ago in here; she’s a conniving bitch who throws people aside with no remorse if they don’t follow what she wants you to do. I think I’m officially done with therapists at this point because I’ve had nothing but bad experiences with them and they too frequently possess an underhandedness. I think the last part is especially disgusting to me because I know that I myself possess an underhanded quality and I’m pretty certain of my own desire to be a therapist and well... I don’t want to become what I hate. But it often seems that we do become what we hate because it’s easier than to become what we SHOULD be.

Anyways, I’m vastly disappointed in the lack of response to this thread because I actually put work into it and was hoping for some novel replies... Lol.
    I've had the same problem with therapists. One of them, I easily figured out they had a goal for me that was contrary to what I wanted. I talked about the issue openly with them and they gave me a slippery reply: "I'm not trying to do that but if that's what results then that's ok."

It seems like a lot of them cook up ideas in their heads about what's wrong with you but they haven't actually listened to you and aren't really all that great at understanding people themselves, so they misapply all their so-called learning to no good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post
    My EIE father doesn't have luck with therapists either. He intimidated an intern apparently and she couldn't work with him anymore, lol. I mean he's also older, so I think that's part of the issue for him, a lot of the therapists are younger. I think he kind of views it as, he already knows the answers and they aren't telling him anything new really
    My dad is EIE. I feel you hardcore on the intimidating part. He intimidates me a lot personally. I can imagine how he makes some other people feel. And I've experienced some of the damage he's done to others firsthand. He thinks he knows everything, and anyone who disagrees with him just needs to have their mind changed until it agrees with him, or thinks they need to be destroyed or gotten rid of lol.

He also likes to convince himself that others have wronged him so that he has an excuse to do something to them.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your dad also a 2w3, tritype 278? When you think about it, 2 already disintegrates to 8, so having 8 included in the tritype as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I've had the same problem with therapists. One of them, I easily figured out they had a goal for me that was contrary to what I wanted. I talked about the issue openly with them and they gave me a slippery reply: "I'm not trying to do that but if that's what results then that's ok."

It seems like a lot of them cook up ideas in their heads about what's wrong with you but they haven't actually listened to you and aren't really all that great at understanding people themselves, so they misapply all their so-called learning to no good effect.

My dad is EIE. I feel you hardcore on the intimidating part. He intimidates me a lot personally. I can imagine how he makes some other people feel. And I've experienced some of the damage he's done to others firsthand. He thinks he knows everything, and anyone who disagrees with him just needs to have their mind changed until it agrees with him, or thinks they need to be destroyed or gotten rid of lol.

He also likes to convince himself that others have wronged him so that he has an excuse to do something to them.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is your dad also a 2w3, tritype 278? When you think about it, 2 already disintegrates to 8, so having 8 included in the tritype as well
    I think he's a 6 actually. He's a dogmatic loyalist to his religious beliefs.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think there is a chance my dad is actually 3w2, but he score 2w3 anyway, 278 seems right. I have friends who are EIE (unless they are IEI and I'm mistyping them) who are great, but unhealthy EIE can be pretty bad it seems @Aramas . E6 EIE does sound potentially kind of scary, lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I think there is a chance my dad is actually 3w2, but he score 2w3 anyway, 278 seems right. I have friends who are EIE (unless they are IEI and I'm mistyping them) who are great, but unhealthy EIE can be pretty bad it seems @Aramas . E6 EIE does sound potentially kind of scary, lol.
    Yeah it is. He's good at gaslighting and other tricks he uses to mess with people's heads. I don't think some of them have names. He has used them all to get through life even though he's an idiot otherwise. He will keep telling you that you don't understand something until you start agreeing with him and repeating what he says back to him, all with an angry overly loud tone. He also does something like a Jedi mind trick where he will just say something to you forcefully, hoping your mind will just skip a beat and go along with him. He basically sees other people as objects to manipulate for his pleasure, and he tries to press people's buttons, because to him people are nothing but a series of buttons to be pressed.

I've heard of Joe Biden doing something similar with Tara Reade when she recounted how the was raped by him. He took her by the shoulders and tried to tell her, point blank, "You are nothing." When he saw that she was distraught, he said to her, "You're fine." The fear people experience around others often causes them to accept these simple statements kind of like commands, and they'll start repeating them to themselves: "I'm nothing. I'm fine." I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm just using this experience as an example of how these types of people think and operate when dealing with others.
    Last edited by Aramas; 04-30-2020 at 08:45 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, this is also a common thread in many people’s parental relationships.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Unfortunately, this is also a common thread in many people’s parental relationships.
    Clarify?

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it is. He's good at gaslighting and other tricks he uses to mess with people's heads. I don't think some of them have names. He has used them all to get through life even though he's an idiot otherwise. He will keep telling you that you don't understand something until you start agreeing with him and repeating what he says back to him, all with an angry overly loud tone. He also does something like a Jedi mind trick where he will just say something to you forcefully, hoping your mind will just skip a beat and go along with him. He basically sees other people as objects to manipulate for his pleasure, and he tries to press people's buttons, because to him people are nothing but a series of buttons to be pressed.

I've heard of Joe Biden doing something similar with Tara Reade when she recounted how the was raped by him. He took her by the shoulders and tried to tell her, point blank, "You are nothing." When he saw that she was distraught, he said to her, "You're fine." The fear people experience around others often causes them to accept these simple statements kind of like commands, and they'll start repeating them to themselves: "I'm nothing. I'm fine." I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm just using this experience as an example of how these types of people think and operate when dealing with others.
    Its not a really jedi mind trick if hes shooting in the dark hoping it works lol. Either way I'm working with a new supervisor and she's an eie 6. She literally walks around accusing us of the stuff she herself is doing while we do none of it. So we just condescend her and rally against her and watch her hamster wheel spin . These people have no idea what to do if the crowd is against them. Best thing you can do is speed up the process of them getting there

Edit: also a religious nut job preaching God all day long.. my LSE Co worker reported her to HR for trying to spread religious ideals at work.. we are just waiting for the fire works now

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Its not a really jedi mind trick if hes shooting in the dark hoping it works lol. Either way I'm working with a new supervisor and she's an eie 6. She literally walks around accusing us of the stuff she herself is doing while we do none of it. So we just condescend her and rally against her and watch her hamster wheel spin . These people have no idea what to do if the crowd is against them. Best thing you can do is speed up the process of them getting there

Edit: also a religious nut job preaching God all day long.. my LSE Co worker reported her to HR for trying to spread religious ideals at work.. we are just waiting for the fire works now
    Feel free to send updates.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel free to send updates.
    Yup will do. Shes only our temp supervisor due to covid. (We were moved to her location until ours can re open )She thought all this bs would work on us but the LSE has been doing nothing but arguing with her nonstop. Ripping apart all her logic and visions and just flat out talking down to her and starring her down .. its hilarious.. i filmed some videos of them arguing about God and Trump and sent them to my actual supervisor we have all been having a nice laugh at her expense lol

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yup will do. Shes only our temp supervisor due to covid. (We were moved to her location until ours can re open )She thought all this bs would work on us but the LSE has been doing nothing but arguing with her nonstop. Ripping apart all her logic and visions and just flat out talking down to her and starring her down .. its hilarious.. i filmed some videos of them arguing about God and Trump and sent them to my actual supervisor we have all been having a nice laugh at her expense lol
    I don't know how it doesn't occur to people to not do that. The one EIE I know is a lot more clever than that usually. Or he's in a more homogenous environment so it doesn't matter.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how it doesn't occur to people to not do that. The one EIE I know is a lot more clever than that usually. Or he's in a more homogenous environment so it doesn't matter.
    It's different in a professional environment. Especially when in this environment you're around two large men with 4d Te and Se and highly competent at their jobs. Her incompetency shines through hard with operations, efficiency and basically anything other than trying to act superior to us (actually even that she's not so great at it, but I suppose it's her best "skill") so... her mind games don't mean shit because of this. We also keep constant pressure on her to actually do her fucking job and forcefully argue with her lol. It's not much she can do now, especially when her ESI employee even sides with us. She's stuck posturing trying to make up for lost control and it just comes off as pathetic and desperate to the point she retreats to her office and mopes.. or the "cave" as we calll it. We say we scared her out of the lion's den again every time she does it

it's like.. you're our supervisor right now. we aren't even trying to start bs. she's just so fucking bad at doing Se, Ti, and Te tasks, which in a financial organization and face to face sales is huge, but mind you it's fine. Be humble about your skills and strengths, don't come over to me and start trying to out Se-Ti me and out Te-si the other guy when si is your fucking polr because you have some sick need to prove superiority every time you breathe air. And she'll go and fuck up your interaction by trying to take over and complicating everything for no reason other than to feel in control. She's not even doing it to fuck with you, I don't think. She just wants to feel in control and is so bad at doing anything right that it complicates it for every member involved. So many clients have filed complaints on her in the past and complain to me while I'm there even. She will argue with us about bs, or criticize us, mind you this is all unprovoked. So we simply fuck with her back then she retreats and sulks in her office.. "Oh no.. I can't fuck with them.. Woe is me.. Victim Victim.." That's right ya weasel, stay in your fucking hole

Edit: Her employee told us she has been MUCH MORE behaved since we got there. What they deal without us there is even worse apparently.
    Last edited by kingslayer; 05-30-2020 at 01:12 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@flames

I relate to the therapist and telling you what to do thing.

Well I remember when I was in therapy ,my therapist told me to do things and then I wouldn't do it and would come back to talk about it and they would genuinely get pissed at me. Like I could feel their anger. It would work better for me if they had a more neutral/couldn't care less if I do it or not attitude or something, but its like they were really bothered by it. Therapists are supposed to be dispassoinate and logical to fix your over passion and over emotions that are hindering your life but it doesn't really work that way because therapists have feelings too or something. The whole therapy thing is also a joke- because they don't want to heal you. They want to have power over you, obviously. I mean it's a very naive thing to think they actually want to 'help' of course. Maybe some of them start out that way.

And well, I am an asshole too- why couldn't I just give in and do what they say. It's supposed to be for my own benefit right? Well ... yeah but it was somebody else's idea so it sucks.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @flames

I relate to the therapist and telling you what to do thing.

Well I remember when I was in therapy ,my therapist told me to do things and then I wouldn't do it and would come back to talk about it and they would genuinely get pissed at me. Like I could feel their anger. It would work better for me if they had a more neutral/couldn't care less if I do it or not attitude or something, but its like they were really bothered by it. Therapists are supposed to be dispassoinate and logical to fix your over passion and over emotions that are hindering your life but it doesn't really work that way because therapists have feelings too or something. The whole therapy thing is also a joke- because they don't want to heal you. They want to have power over you, obviously. I mean it's a very naive thing to think they actually want to 'help' of course. Maybe some of them start out that way.

And well, I am an asshole too- why couldn't I just give in and do what they say. It's supposed to be for my own benefit right? Well ... yeah but it was somebody else's idea so it sucks.
    Late reply: sidetracked by ADHD (non sarcastically speaking~)

My last therapist told me I use sex to have power over people and shockingly enough I began to do what she said more than I did before hearing the statement... perhaps it bled (i knew i had to self reference one of my past usernames like artists reference the title of their track in the track ) into my unconscious and was a statement justifying my future actions. Now I am opposite of the role I took before as in I’m mostly being submissive or at least switching roles with whatever partner I’m with at the moment on a whim... The evil therapist sociopath department of my brain likes to remind me that being submissive can also be a counter way of getting control over someone as in getting every favor catered to by the dom and essentially being spoiled— that has been my case lately on a few occasions but is virtually extinguished now that I have a job again/my own source of income )

As I said before, I pictured myself as a therapist because it seemed to fit my skills though I’ve had clashing views inside on seeing how I could benefit on these skills used within the career (in ways such as: leaving a meaningful impact on people that will establish a good image/a feeling of and being successful and having control over people; or in other words being in it for myself and losing the original aim of the career) versus eschewing the idea of charging people to have personal consultants and the whole idea of insurance etc. Being a tree hugging liberated for the people activist Ghandi cult figurehead is a wild dream of mine but I’m old enough (I know I’m young shut up ) to realize the chances of being in those ranks for me is slim so having returning paying customers who follow my word as a career seems to fill that hole enough. It’s like my dreams are a mixture of idealizing: 1.) pure of heart socialism 2.) communist dictatorship, and 3.) capitalist pig — have not yet gone into the excitement around a good wage btw.

So ultimately, I can see how a sociopath or dark triad personality person could get into the business of therapy but I’m not sure how that applies to me and my vision of having it as a my career has gotten a bit jittery so to speak.

In addition to that, I have another bigger dream of being admired and even fetishized (do we see the connection between sex and having power over people: a good way to get regular admiration and fetishization projected on to you is by being sexually appealing and thru flirting and sex... it feels very powerful and ego boosting to have someone thirsting over you... in my eyes, I feel like power comes from an ego boost and an ego boost creates my power and it feeds into itself...). You could say my previously noted cult of personality wet dream is a subset of my main goal of receiving attention/admiration. It is expressed both in a larger group setting (winning attention in enneagram Social instinct ways by being an attention grabber and social leader) and a one-on-one setting (getting attention in enneagram Sexual instinct ways like merging with someone emotionally and physically). Personally, I prefer the second route because when I’m working in the social sphere I get too anxious about my image and how I’m coming off to others and sometimes/generally when I’m new to a group it makes me more shy. Working one to one there is less of this pressure because it’s only one person and it is easy to have everyone in your social group on your side if you work on the one on one relationships...

This is all contrasted highly by the side of me that yearns to be wild and free and to constantly have fun and get high and have rough sex and do impulsive things... This behavior can highly affect your image in satisfying or bad ways. Personally, I have my adrenaline junkie wants prioritized over my need for attention, but it seems like the tug and pull going on in my brain.

I also never do what therapists suggest me to do and basically just tell them edgy and humorous fetishized tales of what crazy things I’ve been doing lately every time I see them... cough, for attention.

P.S. I do enjoy sex
    Last edited by flames; 06-08-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: ass

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clarify?
    Parents who have biased views of what’s wrong with you and bitching at you about it and they don’t listen nor understand you or people very well.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s get back to the topic of my type I’m bored.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@flames

Aww. I don't think you use sex to get power over people - maybe she was a prude and didn't understand highly sexual people. I don't really open up to therapists for this reason as I know I will offend/scare them if I talk about my sexuality - unless it's of course in this pretty packaged way where it's completely politically correct and "polite". But real sex is rarely polite - its raw and animalistic and that can really scare people. Sex terrifies a lot of people, unless they are personally turned on by you of course. The "Fi of sex" is its saving grace, but also the source of a lot of confusion and misunderstandings. And well genetically and biologically speaking- you are at the time in your life where you are at the natural peak of horniness as a male. (enjoy it while it lasts bud cuz it's all downhill from here!) She should have realized that instead of warping it into this morally offensive thing just to make herself feel superior.

Or maybe I am overly defending you because I'm biased and I like you =D - but I mean if anybody does use sex to hurt people or to 'get power', it's the hurt & power that is the problem not really the sex (like, duh?) and maybe it pisses people off because sex is supposed to be something intimate and loving that they are polluting but I mean the greater lesson here is that 'sex' doesn't exist in a vacuum.

SING IT WITH ME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8kaBRfKi1c

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can just tell you a quick and easy consideration. Do you, like me and those like me, ultimately see life as a game that you either play to win or not? You can hate that "fact" like I do, but do you accept that fact? If so, Gamma. If not, try again. Though I will say that any attempt to deny your role as a player is indeed a viable and indeed perhaps even "meta" level "play" as it were .

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I can just tell you a quick and easy consideration. Do you, like me and those like me, ultimately see life as a game that you either play to win or not? You can hate that "fact" like I do, but do you accept that fact? If so, Gamma. If not, try again. Though I will say that any attempt to deny your role as a player is indeed a viable and indeed perhaps even "meta" level "play" as it were .
    Why is this only gamma? This should apply to both se quadras.

it's completely naive to think, that it applies to a qwuodra

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I get very angry and express it with little hesitation. I sort of become a brat. It’s actually my biggest or even only pet peeve. I see my plans as not only beneficial to me, but to everyone in some way.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this only gamma? This should apply to both se quadras.
    Yeah it's Se valuing in general. By that logic I should also be Gamma lol

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeaux Rainfox View Post
    it's completely naive to think, that it applies to a qwuodra
    Yes. Obviously. But certain cognition(specifically se valuing) will lead to it being a more prominent and natural pov than for an sei for example

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12