Thread: Do you personally subscribe to Model B?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you personally subscribe to Model B?

Or do you not believe in it, or maybe half and half? Please explain.
    I've seen a lot of people in either camp and I'm curious as to your reasoning for why you think it's valid or not.

--------------
    and another question: why is it so unclear which type has what function? Sometimes I read that IEI has Ni-, other times Ni+, and then supposedly Beta has BOTH Ni- and Se- but then IEI is Se+?
    The whole model is pretty inaccessible to people seeking to learn it, and I've gotta say I've done some good searching around.. even the threads seeking to clarify everything is just like. what.
    Also, at this point, I feel like adding pluses and minuses is just stretching things a bit too far.. yes it's very interesting to read about and speculate about, but like, I feel like this is really testing the line between reality and mental masturbation. but please, prove me wrong.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I subscribe to Model B.

It's unclear because there are other +/- models floating around out there intermixing with people's understanding of it.

I think it's valid because it makes the socion along with quadral values into something that is continuous and symmetrical.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You probably didn't mean Model B specifically, but plus/minus sign annotations in general. There are different models as to how these signs get distributed.

I personally see them work, and the reason it's unclear is because it's a little advanced stuff that you shouldn't be getting into your 1st or 2nd year in socionics. There are a lot of other things that need to get ironed out first before you venture into that territory. The idea is pretty simply tho: it's basically like magnets, duals have opposite +/- signs and this is what creates some form of attraction.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guac View Post
    Or do you not believe in it, or maybe half and half? Please explain.
    I've seen a lot of people in either camp and I'm curious as to your reasoning for why you think it's valid or not.

--------------
    and another question: why is it so unclear which type has what function? Sometimes I read that IEI has Ni-, other times Ni+, and then supposedly Beta has BOTH Ni- and Se- but then IEI is Se+?
    The whole model is pretty inaccessible to people seeking to learn it, and I've gotta say I've done some good searching around.. even the threads seeking to clarify everything is just like. what.
    Also, at this point, I feel like adding pluses and minuses is just stretching things a bit too far.. yes it's very interesting to read about and speculate about, but like, I feel like this is really testing the line between reality and mental masturbation. but please, prove me wrong.
    You are not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko
    First of all, it should be borne in mind that positivism (+) means actions to maximize the positive manifestation of a function, and negativism (-) to minimize its negative manifestation.

The signs of functions in the course of life, of course, can change. The model indicates their initial setup.
    Source.

TIM
    LIE 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. So many of these models seem to just be different ways of looking at the same thing. As far as Plus and minus stuff goes, even in Gulinkos book he claims that a function can switch signs for a short time, so to me that seems like the whole idea is pretty approximate and murky.