TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSE/ESTj & Time

*expired*
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-05-2019 at 06:36 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It has happened to me at least a couple of times that i was discussing a relationship-oriented context/situation with LSE and they told me "this is not the time for you to contemplate X" or "this is not the time for you to take a decision about X".

Is this a function of Te?
    this mb not LSE, as what and when to do is more Ni. being J and to overcome own weak N, LSE may prepare earlier than average and same may advice to others
    that your "LSE" mb N types

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that often too, where "let's talk about x later" or "I don't want to talk about y now" just means that I don't want to discuss a given topic in that moment, simple as that.

Btw, what I've experienced with my LSE is that any comment about how I'm feeling bad about smth related to our relationship is taken extremely poorly by him. Self analysis is missing, empathy too. It's extremely challenging to tell him how I feel in some relationship circumstances, what I like or dislike about how things are going, his ideal of sense perfection seems to fall apart. Granted, he can do the very same with me, voice his likes and dislikes, be sure to comment on my behaviors, our relationship, etc. I just can't do the same. I hope this is ntr, but maybe...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen LSE doing that. But I have seen LIE doing similar things. "Now is the right time to do X" etc.

Like LIE boss, "Now is the right time to talk to me if you workers want to extend your contract"
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed it from the LSE I know and those phrases reminded me of the sort of thing an IEI I know would say.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds Ni, I don’t notice LSE doing this either.

I personally say that a lot to people. Another one is, ‘Don’t you think you are getting a little ahead of yourself?’.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*expired*
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Honestly it sounds more like LIE to me (and not just because Ni=Time), I talk from experience. I've heard LIEs saying stuff like that and doing similar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I haven't seen LSE doing that. But I have seen LIE doing similar things. "Now is the right time to do X" etc.

Like LIE boss, "Now is the right time to talk to me if you workers want to extend your contract"
    exactly. Same here. Plus Si PoLR makes hard for them to take interpersonal relations naturally.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look I mean no offence here, but what this sounds like is a matter of you not speaking your mind and your heart when the moment arises naturally and so there is an unnatural and aggressive push to find some clarity from you.

Not to worry, this is a female thing.

The antidote is to wake up a bit more and be more vulnerable to voice whats inside you, or at the very least show it somehow and accelerate the inevitable conclusion, in whatever good, or bad direction it is supposed to go and will end up with eventually.

Basically you admitted to much Fi to him and when you did that his mind made the logical leap all over the place and as men typically do he deferred to the future magical date in order to create some psychological distance. Basically he is giving you exactly what you are asking for, space, just not in a way you where capable of understanding objectively because you are too much caught up in the ethical submission style of his approach. Oh the nerve of that man to make it about timing.

Its more a function of Fi in this sense. The timing is in relation to your explicit telling him how what and why. You Fi'd him and this triggered his thought process.

Everyone saying this doesn't sound like LSE to me is a bit humourous. Yes time means Ni always and every-time and not ever anything else under any circumstances times infinity time a thousand and one/.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It has happened to me at least a couple of times that i was discussing a relationship-oriented context/situation with LSE and they told me "this is not the time for you to contemplate X" or "this is not the time for you to take a decision about X".

Is this a function of Te?

I experience someone dictating timing to me very personally and it upsets me, i take it to heart. Blatantly put, i do not welcome anyone to tell me the time for things, particularly if these are personal things. So I felt a little clash of differing priorities and judgements between us.

What proceeded this LSE dictating the matter of timing to me was my confessing that i was feeling quite, well, very overwhelmed by them and their presence and where things were headed. I think i kinda hoped the person would just *get it * to just back off for even like a week or smth without commenting anything at all, but of course it was a mistake to expect someone to read my mind(and i wasn't quite sure that's what i wanted). Anyhow, it ended quite poorly. I mismanaged the whole thing of course. If anyone is wondering, i'm ok, this is not thaat fresh, lol.

If it isn't a matter of Te, what is it? Thanks.
    He doesn't sound LSE to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bear in mind: there is a reason they refer to LSE and LIE as becoming easy sycophants. Some of the most obvious victims of sycophancy. Whatever opinions you share with them, especially about people, they absorbed hook line and sinker. Dat low, low, but suggestive Fi. Right? think about it for a bit.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    Bear in mind: there is a reason they refer to LSE and LIE as becoming easy sycophants. Some of the most obvious victims of sycophancy. Whatever opinions you share with them, especially about people, they absorbed hook line and sinker. Dat low, low, but suggestive Fi. Right? think about it for a bit.
    That's Fe, dope. Fi is your own feelings.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    That's Fe, dope. Fi is your own feelings.
    Nope. Fi is feelings and fields of you and other people. Tell a LSE/ LIE how you feel about someone and its an automatic inferral about how they should feel about said person. And so on and so on. This is why you hear the fi-suggestive call to action: what how and why they hate, like something, or somebody. How they related to their ex wife at such and such time. How you feel about said coworker, and therefore so should you. Its all Fi.

You are probably thinking Fe is this shared sentiment about things in some commonly shared superficial resonance, such as Rag magazines in the grocery store check out. I actually follow the more conventional, conservative school of thought about Fe: literally resonance of emotive ethics in context of relationships between objects, or objects on people.

That's not what I'm talking about in regards to sychopancy. You might want to continue your exploration of socionics to see the pattern I am talking about. Your understanding of Se vs Si is complete, though, as I have seen.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nope. Fi is feelings and fields of you and other people. Tell a LSE/ LIE how you feel about someone and its an automatic inferral about how they should feel about said person. And so on and so on.
    I listen to people’s opinions of other people, but what I take away from that is only more complete information about how they feel above that person. It affects my own opinion about that person not at all. For my opinion, I rely primarily on personal experience.

Maybe I was different when I was younger, IDK.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I listen to people’s opinions of other people, but what I take away from that is only more complete information about how they feel above that person. It affects my own opinion about that person not at all. For my opinion, I rely primarily on personal experience.

Maybe I was different when I was younger, IDK.
    I'm not sure you know just how easily manipulable your are in this regard. Again, low Fi.

Unless you think you are really good at it, then you might want to explore other sociotypes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually guys I don't want this to devolve into yet another socionics vocabulary lesson, arguments back and forth. I'm thinking you need to do some more personal research about the nature of Fi and tbh I'm not all that interested in going over it with you. I'm not the one that needs to learn more here about it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure you know just how easily manipulable your are in this regard. Again, low Fi.

Unless you think you are really good at it, then you might want to explore other sociotypes.
    To me, low Fi means that I’m not confident enough in the use of Fi to allow it to influence my decisions. I think this is different from being easily manipulated. However, it could be that I’m easily being manipulated and don’t know it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To me, low Fi means that I’m not confident enough in the use of Fi to allow it to influence my decisions. I think this is different from being easily manipulated. However, it could be that I’m being easily manipulated and don’t know it.

Tell me how you feel so I know how I should feel - do - think - be - act.

Low Fi yet suggestive. Basic socionics 101.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*expired*
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@waddup: Wacey i am obv. in regret of this so imo there is no need to rub it in, it's not in time to do anything about it, but thanks for your analysis. So this is Te then, yes?
    I'm confused because I am not rubbing it in at all. My words are just straight from my being, there isn't anything to add to it. I can't tell you regret what happened, but not to worry over me because there isn't much else to it and I apologize for this.

Its not really Te directly. Maybe some indirect in that its an attempt at some kind of logical completion. I'm reaching here on that. There is a kind of separating that he did, I can't tell for what or why, which exploration is a type of Fi-Ne in and of itself. Would need more information, yet I sense its a bit of a personal topic and tbh I don't have much else to say that I didn't already.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had written a more elaborate post, where I explained why i think this person in question is LSE, then deleted it. I feel less inclined to contribute meaningfully to the forum given certain behaviour by certain members...(aka Sol, specifically).

Anyway, i am personally very resistant to this oft-encountered forum-idea that Ni = Time. I'd say i have encountered Ni types talk to me about the 'ethos' of an age, for instance, such as when i was in my early twenties and had ILI drill it into my head that youth is fleeting, and etc. However, i have not had Ni types talk to me about the specifics of timing, like what to do when...

Further, in this situation this LSE was talking about how my feeling overwhelmed by the relationship is not a good 'moment', so to speak, for taking decisions regarding the continuity - or not - of this relationship. I actually think he was worried i would take an impulsive decision...which is what i did, alas.

<3 thank you @ooo for this, and it is spot on too imo.
    I correct timelines when people have them wrong, but basically I don’t have a lot of difficulty with timing stuff so it’s not an issue I need to articulate a lot. I’ve definitely lived among Deltas who put a lot of effort into timing and scheduling and took pride in being somewhere on time. To me, that’s just a given.

For me, Ni is more about leaping across time to see connections and model development. It’s as much timeless as time.
    Last edited by golden; 07-05-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everyone saying this doesn't sound like LSE to me is a bit humourous. Yes time means Ni always and every-time and not ever anything else under any circumstances times infinity time a thousand and one/.
    LSEs are more likely to correct, dismiss or even ridicule people's feelings if they consider them out of place.

Getting uncomfortable and trying to set things into correct timing (3DNi Situational +Te) is more a LIE thing, LIEs don't do this just with feelings, they do this with almost anything that's inopportune to the issue at hand. You can even see how conflicting out of matter interruptions are for LIEs (they don't know how to handle them naturally and they don't want you to make them think or consider stuff from different angles or perspectives -unvalued Ne). They also need some time to think in stuff in advance to get some order to their confusing (Ni) ideas and thoughts and to resolve and take decisions. In the other hand, in a conversation, you can divert LSEs attention forever, taking them from topic to topic and issue to issue and they will likely respond to each question just to come back to the main issue and finish it. If it were not like this they could not be IEE activators who's jumping from topic to topic in conversations and approaching issues from unusual angles and pretty often using Fi (Situational and normalizing) as tool to solve them.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-06-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not talking about feelings.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Time as progression where you meet random stuff that connect to events in arbitrary fashion (like meshing together a vaguely changing picture). Shuffling through this seems to be hard for them. Even if they are powerful in the present they can not collapse well knit structure and hit their head to a brick wall while doing it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I correct timelines when people have them wrong, but basically I don’t have a lot of difficulty with timing stuff so it’s not an issue I need to articulate a lot. I’ve definitely lived among Deltas who put a lot of effort into timing and scheduling and took pride in being somewhere on time. To me, that’s just a given.

For me, Ni is more about leaping across time to see connections and model development. It’s as much timeless as time.
    This fits my observations as well.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll Lynx View Post
    LSEs are more likely to correct, dismiss or even ridicule people's feelings if they consider them out of place.

Getting uncomfortable and trying to set things into correct timing (3DNi Situational +Te) is more a LIE thing, LIEs don't do this just with feelings, they do this with almost anything that's inopportune to the issue at hand. You can even see how conflicting out of matter interruptions are for LIEs (they don't know how to handle them naturally and they don't want you to make them think or consider stuff from different angles or perspectives -unvalued Ne). They also need some time to think in stuff in advance to get some order to their confusing (Ni) ideas and thoughts and to resolve and take decisions. In the other hand, in a conversation, you can divert LSEs attention forever, taking them from topic to topic and issue to issue and they will likely respond to each question just to come back to the main issue and finish it. If it were not like this they could not be IEE activators who's jumping from topic to topic in conversations and approaching issues from unusual angles and pretty often using Fi (Situational and normalizing) as tool to solve them.
    No, this person I am talking about is certainly not LIE, he is a very clear Te-LSE type: concrete in information he imparts, asking (reinin), very physical, very in the here and now. etc etc. Also, i don't know what you mean by the bolded? LSE are still goal-focused due to Te lead so, no, i would not describe the type as easy to distract. I am really doubting you have typed LSEs correctly.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, this person I am talking about is certainly not LIE, he is a very clear Te-LSE type: concrete in information he imparts, asking (reinin), very physical, very in the here and now. etc etc. Also, i don't know what you mean by the bolded?
    "You can divert LSEs attention forever, taking them from topic to topic and issue to issue and they will likely respond to each question just to come back to the main issue and finish it."

I said, you can draw LSEs attention to different topics and they are going to reply to each question and at the end they are going to come back and focus in the main goal. This happens because they have mobilizing or activating Ne and Ni PoLR, but what you described sounds more like high dimensional Ni working in social parameters and normalizing, which I've personally experienced with LIEs.

LSE are still goal-focused due to Te lead so, no, i would not describe the type as easy to distract. I am really doubting you have typed LSEs correctly.
    both, LIE and LSE are Te, but the most correctly goal focused in time people are LIE (3DNi), not LSE (Ni PoLR).

LSE
    Introverted Intuition (Ni, Ni)

They often feel as though there is not enough time to get everything done on their itinerary, but they may simultaneously have difficulty prioritizing their tasks, as they are all perceived as important. As a consequence, they may leave work unfinished.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSE-ESTj/

LIE

LIEs often feel an internal need to maintain autonomy over their affairs and schedules. They may exhibit a degree of impatience and can become especially frustrated if circumstances out of their control hinder their productivity.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LIE-ENTj/
    maybe its you who have some problems typing people with accuracy because you don't get how model A structure works in depth. No offense intended. I think you could be confusing Social, Normative and Situational 3DNi typical frustration ("I don't have time for this now!") with PoLR Ni and Ne activating/mobilizing which more likely manifest in inability to prioritize.

Anyway, I'm just giving my opinion since you opened a thread about it, so you are free to dissent and type ppl as you please.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are time watchers but get diverted and lose track
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nope. Fi is feelings and fields of you and other people. Tell a LSE/ LIE how you feel about someone and its an automatic inferral about how they should feel about said person. And so on and so on. This is why you hear the fi-suggestive call to action: what how and why they hate, like something, or somebody. How they related to their ex wife at such and such time. How you feel about said coworker, and therefore so should you. Its all Fi.

You are probably thinking Fe is this shared sentiment about things in some commonly shared superficial resonance, such as Rag magazines in the grocery store check out. I actually follow the more conventional, conservative school of thought about Fe: literally resonance of emotive ethics in context of relationships between objects, or objects on people.

That's not what I'm talking about in regards to sychopancy. You might want to continue your exploration of socionics to see the pattern I am talking about. Your understanding of Se vs Si is complete, though, as I have seen.
    Kind of makes sense. Fi and Fe both have to be about similar stuff in a way because they belong to the same domain. Te is like the discrete bits of logic and Ti questions all that and the process from which that stuff is derived. It's the same kind of thing in the feeling domain. Fe is like feeling facts and Fi the questioning process that derives them. The end result of Fi is a feeling like Fe in a sense though. And Fi is often about the demonstration of a personal attitude. Fe isn't really because it's more adaptive to the social context. But if there's a positive valuation you can sense that with Fi it can be total and absolute. Same with negative stuff. And it comes "from within." It's hard to distinguish the two with words except that Fi is more reserved in its withholding but more total in its action. Fe typically consumes a part of the psyche when it's in motion, while Fi consumes more of the person. That's where the notion of sincerity comes from. The suggestivity of Fi comes from the sharp powerful demonstration of the internal well of feeling. Partially. It's not Fe though. I know that. It's hard to explain.