What do you think Ethan's type is?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably my favorite one of his:

The way he balances out his wife, Hila, (who seems very IP-ish) makes it very tempting to type him EP- maybe ESTp if Hila is INFp. If she is Si dom, maybe he is Ne. One user here thought INFp was likely, but i don't know if i can really see it.

I can't tell if his witch-hunts are Fi driven or not, but some of his videos make me think strong ethics. Like this one for instance:

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

His eyes look Ne

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Seems intuitive to me. Maybe ILE.

Edit: Or nah I have no idea, he seems introverted intuitive. That 'strong ethics video' is just him showing a normal response to that garbage.
    Last edited by maniac; 07-31-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ethan feels very EP-Pe to me. I'd go with IEE-Ne 3w2. Was going back and forth between sp/sx and so/sx but by the way he's always trying to look behind the curtain of social appearances, into the 'underbelly', sp/sx would make sense for him.

Hila seems 'merry' quadra, probably Ni-IEI so/sp.

edit: oh wow he has sold his glass framed beany for $10,000,000 on eBay ... to this wife probably ... true works of art
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/111913567870

Last edited by silke; 11-17-2016 at 02:17 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is funny as shit. His goofy looking 3-chin picture was put on a news channel, alongside Paul Ryan.
    I agree with him though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ethan is IEE-Ne and Hila might be SEI-Si?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ethan (SLE) hila (LII)
    ethan supervised the fuck out of hila in this last video

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethan is ESFj (Robin Williams-esque anyone?)

Hila is Gamma, ISFj > INTp
    Last edited by Jake; 11-17-2016 at 11:15 AM.

さようなら
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethan ILE and Hila LII.
    I can't see the confident Se in him, but I guess XLE to be safe.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of his recurring themes are gritty, vulgar realism and cynicism towards hyped-up things that aren't worth buying (like the keyboard-cleaning product and the Ikea furniture). These are generally Gamma themes. His rant about politics does have a fair amount of enthusiasm and passion. I think I prefer SEE. Notice how he appreciates the "touching" letter left by Bush? () LIE is also plausible.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He used to work in marketing if you guys didn't know and graduated from a good california state school, I forget which one. Seems almost unbelievable what with his current career lol. I don't even know what to type him but I think extroverted

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    He used to work in marketing if you guys didn't know and graduated from a good california state school, I forget which one. Seems almost unbelievable what with his current career lol.
    Why?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I watched a little of the "roast" video and this basically cements the SEE typing for me. They might actually be duals. I don't find this kind of stuff funny at all, it's in poor taste.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Why?
    People into stuff like marketing aren't usually into making fools of themselves in public at least that isn't what I would expect. I wouldn't do the stuff he does in his videos for a LOT of money and I'm guessing a lot of others wouldn't either. I love his videos but even for a comedian he doesn't give a fuck about seeming dignified and doesn't care what strangers on the street think of him at all or else he wouldn't dress the way he does, make the faces and purposely pose in an unflattering way. Him and Hila march to the beat of their own drum or whatever lol

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People into stuff like marketing aren't usually into making fools of themselves in public at least that isn't what I would expect. I wouldn't do the stuff he does in his videos for a LOT of money and I'm guessing a lot of others wouldn't either. I love his videos but even for a comedian he doesn't give a fuck about seeming dignified and doesn't care what strangers on the street think of him at all or else he wouldn't dress the way he does, make the faces and purposely pose in an unflattering way. Him and Hila march to the beat of their own drum or whatever lol
    Yeah, you could chalk that up to creative Fi + Demonstrative Fe.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even notice people responded to this lol. Saw no notifications and thought no one replied.

heh. like this?

Or this? I love it when he asks the cop if he was violating air space and makes him laugh @8:20. It's great when police aren't just police.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I wish he were my dual... I adore him.

I don't think he has a Fi PoLR, though?

Listen to him on the baited podcast. I believe Keemstar is an actual SLE (Donald Trump subtype)

Yeah. He's one of the few comedians on youtube that doesn't feel forced and doesn't pounce on other people's drama for content.
    I think he's pretty Ne though. Just don't seem him as Fi Polr or Ti polr, so maybe just Ne then? I don't know.

Yeah, you could chalk that up to creative Fi + Demonstrative Fe.
    maybs u rit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen enough of their podcasts that I'm pretty sure Ethan is IEE and Hila is Si leading at least.

Ethan seems to care a lot about making good judgements about people's characters and such, getting as much information and hearing from all sides before judging people and even then he likes to hear what other people think. I don't think Ti valuers put that kind of effort into Fi. And his Fe isn't very serious and he mostly jokes about it and with it (so Fe demonstrative fits).

Hila might be SEI, but she doesn't seem very Fe; only shows it sparingly and when it's a part of Ethan's mocking jokes. Inclined to SLI. I think they might actually be a dual IEE-SLI couple. They seem to go well with each other, at least on camera anyway.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Lol someone above suggested hes a 3w2. A guy who embarrasses himself on the daily and advertises himself as trash, fat etc. come on now...

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very very sure that both are IEE, and both are creative subtypes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure? Have you seen that much of the podcasts?

Hila is pretty different than Ethan, at least introverted. They once talked about how Ethan often cuts her off or speaks for her and she says she likes it because he's usually on the same page as her. She's not nearly as out-spoken, more of a back-seat personality, whereas Ethan is more extroverted and seems to feed off everyone around him; I don't think she could do what Ethan does on the show.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm aware of their differences and I occasionally watch their podcasts. they are both very aware of how other people present themselves, and in identical relations there's an inclination that one person is more on the sidelines, because both are perceiving the world in very similar ways. I can't see Hila having Ne only as sugggestive or activating function. another thing to keep in mind is that extroversion doesn't mean that you constantly want to be in the spotlight, and the way you grew up might affect on how comfortable you are with presenting yourself. an option that could make sense for Hila is EII. especially because creative subtypes are ambiverts. I think that IEE for both makes the most sense, though.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IMO, Ethan strikes me as ILE and Hila as SEI, they seemed like duals to me. However, Ethan being IEE and Hila as SLI is also possible or some other combination of the four types.

He cracks me up regardless of what his type is:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's important to pay attention to the functions that a person uses. ILE have Fi as vulnerable function, it's an unlikely typing for both of them. you can imo clearly see the combination of Ne + Fi in them (the ability to see who people really are, how they present themselves).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZlZLBgvz9s
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 06-22-2019 at 09:07 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    it's important to pay attention to the functions that a person uses. ILE have Fi as vulnerable function, it's an unlikely typing for both of them. you can imo clearly see the combination of Ne + Fi in them (the ability to see who people really are, how they present themselves).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZlZLBgvz9s
    Regardless of what their types are. It is very clear that Ethan and Hila are not the same type. They get along because Ethan is likely dom and Hila is likely dom. If you want to argue creative function and subtype or even typing one or both as different than the consensus is one thing, but calling them identicals is a stretch in every sense of the word. I can buy Ethan as IEE, but certainly not Hila.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ethan strikes way more IEE than ILE. He makes lots of ethical pleas and makes mental notes regarding relational things.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Regardless of what their types are. It is very clear that Ethan and Hila are not the same type. They get along because Ethan is likely dom and Hila is likely dom. If you want to argue creative function and subtype or even typing one or both as different than the consensus is one thing, but calling them identicals is a stretch in every sense of the word. I can buy Ethan as IEE, but certainly not Hila.
    why not? she shows the same childlike sillyness as ethan and they agree very often on their points. in my video example, she also easily grasps how probelmatic the relationship between Drake and Millie Brown is (Ne + Fi) , and they pretty much agree on every point. I don't see how she could be a sensing type with 1 or 2 dimensonal Ne.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...why Ne lead for him?
    he keeps a very open minded viewpoint and rarely takes sides (unless it's in conflict with his own values) and like I mentioned, he seems to easily see who people really are. tbh, I find your SEE typing rather odd. I've never seen him exerting pressure on people to get what he wants. if you want to watch SEE youtubers, look at Logan/Jake Paul and Ricegum and you will clearly see the difference between them and Ethan in terms of how they interact with their enviroment
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 06-22-2019 at 10:55 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

why not? she shows the same childlike sillyness as ethan and they agree very often on their points. in my video example, she also easily grasps how probelmatic the relationship between Drake and Millie Brown is (Ne + Fi) , and they pretty much agree on every point. I don't see how she could be a sensing type with 1 or 2 dimensonal Ne.
    IMO, Hila clearly values , but hasn't demonstrated strong usage of it. The fact that they agree on every point doesn't prove they're identical, but rather that they share the same / values. Hila typically behaves introverted and very different energy level wise compared to Ethan. Ethan exudes ExxP energy, while Hila exudes IxxP energy. Whatever their types are, I think it is safe to say they are not identicals.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    IMO, Hila clearly values , but hasn't demonstrated strong usage of it. The fact that they agree on every point doesn't prove they're identical, but rather that they share the same / values. Hila typically behaves introverted and very different energy level wise compared to Ethan. Ethan exudes ExxP energy, while Hila exudes IxxP energy. Whatever their types are, I think it is safe to say they are not identicals.
    hmm, you didn't really provide any evidence on why she would have Si in her ego block, so I don't really understand why you think it's safe to say that they're not identicals.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hmm, you didn't really provide any evidence on why she would have Si in her ego block, so I don't really understand why you think it's safe to say their not identicals.
    I could say the same thing about you though. The one example you provided is anecdotal. Hila's overall vibe is relaxed and introverted while Ethan is energetic and extroverted. It is true, IEEs like all types have a lot of diversity within their own type.

I have met other IEEs that are different than me or resembled Ethan in some form. I have never met an IEE that behaved like Hila. I consider myself a shyer than average IEE and I don't see much of a resemblance in temperament with her and myself or other shy IEEs.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's leave it at that for now. I don't think I have the time to go through more videos of them to find more information. I guess a good possibillity could be EII for Hila, it's very difficult to tell mirror types apart sometimes, especially when they have a certain subtype.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

let's leave it at that for now. I don't think I have the time to go through more videos of them to find more information. I guess a good possibillity could be EII for Hila, it's very difficult to tell mirror types apart sometimes, especially when they have a certain subtype.
    Fair enough. I guess we'll agree to disagree. I can see EII as a possibility for her even though I lean towards lead.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-SEI?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see a chance for her being ILI but my first thought was that she reminded me of LII. He's basically shameless which is hard for me to mix up with Fi, I thought at first SEI for him, but guess could be SxE.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, Ive spend some time analysing their types today. I thought that Raver raised some interesting points and I have to admit that I'm not a regular viewer of their channel. I thought that maybe my observation of Ethan influenced my typing of Hila, since on a shallow surface it seems that both value Ne a lot, but there's a potential that Ethan has a huge influence on how Hila presents herself in some videos. I've watched a couple of videos that focus more on their private stories, like this one for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXr7zB5M2A

in this video (at 4:40), Ethan describes Hila as a "very sane, down-to-earth rational person". when you look at the backround, you can see that pictures hang neatly on the wall, and I doubt that Ethan was responsible for this.

I watched a couple of other videos, but I couldn't find reliable information that points towards a specific type. I do think that IEE seems unlikely now from what I've seen, and if I would make an intuitive guess, I would lean towards SEI for Hila. I still think that both are creative subtypes in gulenko's system, and while watching some videos, I've typed Boogie2988 as IEE with a harmonising subtype. he's a frequent guest on ethan's podcast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I guess I never said why I thought Hila was Si leading.

But she does all the fashion designer stuff for their clothes they sell. They did a whole video talking about the process and how much work she puts into it and such. She's much more of the artistic or stereotypical Jungian Si kind of person. Before that I kind of thought she was IP (especially from how she started in the beginning to how she is now on camera), but after hearing that, Si leading just made sense, especially given how easily Ethan and her get along (at least on camera).

IEE-SEI might be more accurate. But she seems to value Fi, which throws me off. Most the Alpha SFs I've known don't seem to like getting too serious about Fi stuffs, even though they pay attention to it. So that's the only thing that throws me. But we all probably have a bit of a different understanding of this stuff, so I'm actually kind of (pleasantly?) surprised to see so much relative consensus.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Caan View Post
    Oh, I guess I never said why I thought Hila was Si leading.

But she does all the fashion designer stuff for their clothes they sell. They did a whole video talking about the process and how much work she puts into it and such. She's much more of the artistic or stereotypical Jungian Si kind of person. Before that I kind of thought she was IP (especially from how she started in the beginning to how she is now on camera), but after hearing that, Si leading just made sense, especially given how easily Ethan and her get along (at least on camera).

IEE-SEI might be more accurate. But she seems to value Fi, which throws me off. Most the Alpha SFs I've known don't seem to like getting too serious about Fi stuffs, even though they pay attention to it. So that's the only thing that throws me. But we all probably have a bit of a different understanding of this stuff, so I'm actually kind of (pleasantly?) surprised to see so much relative consensus.
    in the same video I've posted, she briefly mentions that she worked as a babysitter. I thought SLI could be a possibility, but she often seems very concerned with other people's feelings and rarely says anything that makes me think of a cold-blooded communication style. I think the focus on Fi could come from SEI having this function as 4-dimensional demonstrative function (8th function). it's our second strongest function after our base. since ethan is a Fi type, it might just be their focus of interaction. that's also the reason why semi-duals often feels such a huge attraction towards each other. they stimulate their suggestive function and have the same strong points that they can talk about. it's a relationship that starts a lot easier than duality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast