Thread: Food and health for LIEs/ENTjs and ILIs/INTps

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Food and health for LIEs/ENTjs and ILIs/INTps

How can you make good food yet not relax and take care of your health?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I thought too when I saw an English LIE chef with a Michelin star eat the lousiest potato endive mash (a typical Dutch winter dish) I ever encountered, and finished all of his plate. If Michelin only knew...

(potato mash, when badly made, is like wallpaper paste. That's because wallpaper paste is also made of potato starch).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a very good question maritsa. It's because they are wired to be warriors.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They can be really into health when it becomes a major focus or part of their overall strategy but often, they're too wrapped up in something else to even notice themselves. ILIs seem to be able to relax but tend to be the more oblivious to physical image or health while most LIEs tend not to be idle but more than a few assume that image has nothing to do with health. Both types can have overinflated images of themselves, their abilities and or their own importance but never have an actual description of themselves or their tolls on others. If they're not measuring up in their own eyes, substance abuse can take over as they spiral inward - induced relaxation. Many are truly relaxed in their busyness (pun) but having a sweet smell of success seems essential to their health.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am presently taking care of my health by applying cold sore medication to the mouth area which someday as my immune system lowers will surely make me much less desirable as a human being and even more socially introverted than I currently am.
    I imagine my head becoming a giant cold sore with a venous malformation along with the old age wrinkles and of course know that society will shun this future being.
    Thankfully kind husband raced out and spent a small fortune on picking up medications.
    I did however have to go to the pharmacy myself and explain the tingling which is still occurring and presenting the thought that it should have healed by now.
    Tonight I joked with husband that even though a family member was likely engaging in sexual activities this day in my neighbourhood with her newly found online partner that it was I with the sexually transmitted disease - on my face - thank you husbands nana for that greeting long ago which forever gave me this curse like disease!

Maybe I have a low immune system. Maybe I do not place enough priority on looking after my health but part of this might surely be because I am not overly skilled in the cooking department.
    I admire those people who can cook better than I since I view it more of a chore. I did it when required with my family but not much these days as so many better things to do with my time, even if others view me as not spending my time appropriately.
    I really would prefer someone to cook for me. I am more than happy to eat out with others or order in with them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    I am presently taking care of my health by applying cold sore medication to the mouth area which someday as my immune system lowers will surely make me much less desirable as a human being and even more socially introverted than I currently am.
    I imagine my head becoming a giant cold sore with a venous malformation along with the old age wrinkles and of course know that society will shun this future being.
    Thankfully kind husband raced out and spent a small fortune on picking up medications.
    I did however have to go to the pharmacy myself and explain the tingling which is still occurring and presenting the thought that it should have healed by now.
    Tonight I joked with husband that even though a family member was likely engaging in sexual activities this day in my neighbourhood with her newly found online partner that it was I with the sexually transmitted disease - on my face - thank you husbands nana for that greeting long ago which forever gave me this curse like disease!

Maybe I have a low immune system. Maybe I do not place enough priority on looking after my health but part of this might surely be because I am not overly skilled in the cooking department.
    I admire those people who can cook better than I since I view it more of a chore. I did it when required with my family but not much these days as so many better things to do with my time, even if others view me as not spending my time appropriately.
    I really would prefer someone to cook for me. I am more than happy to eat out with others or order in with them.
    i have a trick for you

when you feel the tingling apply pressure to the nerve and it will stop the activation of the virus

you're welcome
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE is an impulsive ILI.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Who paid for that food? When did they find the time to make it?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a trick for you

when you feel the tingling apply pressure to the nerve and it will stop the activation of the virus

you're welcome
    I find the opposite: the more attention you give an ‘ow-y’ by touching it, anything really, the more activated and inflamed it becomes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any good example of a public figure LIE archetype I can refer to? I know over 10 people I think could be LIE but not a single one I can be sure of. I think a good friend of mine is LIE but she is but obsessed with health. Wholefoods or nothing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The very best food both tastes good and is good for you. There are foods that are both great tasting and healthy. Avocados (if prepared properly, a true superfood), staple grains (corn, rice, wheat/bread) paired with vegetables, Potatoes (they go well with everything period, much like bacon), etc... Sadly, the lie that healthy food tastes bad has permeated the public consciousness. It's not entirely wrong (e.g. Vegans 15 years ago), but now it's just an excuse for the Slothful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    LIE is an impulsive ILI.
    I truly wish Extroversion was but the impulsive side of Introversion, but it is not. If it was I'd have modes I could easily switch between depending on the situation. As would they, come to think of it. I'm pretty sure plenty a LIE would like to switch to "ILI mode" from time to time. If only "becoming the mirror" was so easy...

Quote Originally Posted by IEE or DIE View Post
    Any good example of a public figure LIE archetype I can refer to? I know over 10 people I think could be LIE but not a single one I can be sure of. I think a good friend of mine is LIE but she is but obsessed with health. Wholefoods or nothing.
    LIE's are generally considered to be the Stereotypical "CEO" personality. Sadly (or thankfully, depending on your disposition), that's not an accident. Also, forgive my not-PC heresy a bit here, but a LIE girl obsessing over "health" would fit pretty hard. Health and beauty are pretty damn closely related. Hell, if I was a girl I know I'd be even more worried about it than I am right now. I'm still worried a fair bit as a dude mind, but the health and beauty question is much more pressing for ladies than it is for men if we're all being honest with ourselves here. Still matters though. If you're a man, having an "Adonis" six pack with Fabio hair cannot ever be a negative in any sane world .

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IEE or DIE View Post
    Ronald Regan
    Margarit Thatcher
    -

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ronald Regan
    Margarit Thatcher
    LIE's on the conservative side. Sadly, not very effective ones IMO. But hey, that's just me calling my mirrors out on having failed so hard I have to clean up their messes for them. Yeah, a bit miffed about that little fact. Thankfully the cycle is working in my favor but still, damn them for their lack of foresight! The PTB won those rounds by their intent I'd wager. Damn fuckers selling us good folks out to the prince of this world. Only one comfort in that fact, they're burning in hell nice and rotisserie style . Serves. Them. Right!

Embrace and champion error, get what's coming to ya. If only Satan wasn't so fucking charismatic. Then again, what use is grace if ya don't have to work hard for it? If "winning" (as it were) were easy why would we value it so?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Margeret Thatcher - ESI
    Reagan - EIE?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

how can you like good food but be shit at making it?