Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars Cast (Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega...)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Forgot something. The Porgs are pretty much like the Minions?! Seems like the Alpha comical relief that divides the opinions of the masses. I think they are: Adorable. I still resent Chewie for rejecting them
    They are cute <3

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I thought it was based on Kabbalism.
    Yes, that's an alternative theory!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    They are cute <3
    Ah~ You think the same. The entire cinema was audibly melting when they first appeared. They look so cuddly

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J.J. will direct the last one
    Well at least we know it might be half decent. JJ really knows how to distill what was beloved by fans while bringing something new. There was something Shakespearean about the original 3 and it would be nice to see that revisioned and HOPEFULLY not simply a rehashing of the old plot lines.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah~ You think the same. The entire cinema was audibly melting when they first appeared. They look so cuddly

yeah leave it to Disney to do a MDMA pupilled creature for the awesss.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot something. The Porgs are pretty much like the Minions?! Seems like the Alpha comical relief that divides the opinions of the masses. I think they are: Adorable. I still resent Chewie for rejecting them
    Yeah no way Disney would show a grieving Chewie who lost his best freind. Because loss and death and grief are sad and no one wants to be sad . Need to have cute creative fuzz balls with eyes stand in for actual character development.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be!

I see what y'all hint at, but the force was never about folks didn't you ever listen It doesn't help that the entire concept was inspired by the Tao (Yin, Yang) which mixes with , completely introverted elements.
    Oh yes I do. "Kyle McTantrum" is my type of antagonist to get excited over I have the perfect age for Star Wars I'm guessing, sans conservative attitude as well.
    The Jedi Order always emphasized rigorous training in the Force in order to guide students down a constructive path. Anakin was only 9 when the Order discovered him, and they nearly turned him away because they typically inducted younglings at an even earlier age to provide enough training time. When Yoda took Luke under his wing, Yoda had a lot of skepticism about Luke's capacity to follow the way of the Jedi at such an old age. Luke was on Dagobah for up to 6 months training with Yoda; most of the time he was there, he struggled to command the Force. Eg. he couldn't initially lift his X Wing.

So now, the audience is expected to believe that Rey is on par with major players like Kylo Ren despite the fact that she had virtually no training during TFA.

The thing is, I was going to let it slide after I saw TFA because prior to TLJ, we still had 2 more movies to concoct some sort of interesting explanation for Rey's sudden spike in power.

Now, that potential has been squandered in TLJ. We just got confirmation that she's a Mary Sue kind of character.

The only way this series can pull the Mary Sue flaw out of the ashes is if Rey has already received Jedi training, and her memory has been wiped a la Revan from Knights of the Old Republic... Which actually would make sense considering the fact that she only saw herself in the cavern mirror. It's almost as if whatever she was meant to do down there was resolved prior to meeting Luke.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rey a mary sue? more like sad men in space! take that gender politics

https://medium.com/@saramichener/sad...e-1b4a2c8e5d81

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm over it.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    yeah leave it to Disney to do a MDMA pupilled creature for the awesss.
    Yeah no way Disney would show a grieving Chewie who lost his best freind. Because loss and death and grief are sad and no one wants to be sad . Need to have cute creative fuzz balls with eyes stand in for actual character development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post
    The Jedi Order always emphasized rigorous training in the Force in order to guide students down a constructive path. Anakin was only 9 when the Order discovered him, and they nearly turned him away because they typically inducted younglings at an even earlier age to provide enough training time. When Yoda took Luke under his wing, Yoda had a lot of skepticism about Luke's capacity to follow the way of the Jedi at such an old age. Luke was on Dagobah for up to 6 months training with Yoda; most of the time he was there, he struggled to command the Force. Eg. he couldn't initially lift his X Wing.

So now, the audience is expected to believe that Rey is on par with major players like Kylo Ren despite the fact that she had virtually no training during TFA.

The thing is, I was going to let it slide after I saw TFA because prior to TLJ, we still had 2 more movies to concoct some sort of interesting explanation for Rey's sudden spike in power.

Now, that potential has been squandered in TLJ. We just got confirmation that she's a Mary Sue kind of character.

The only way this series can pull the Mary Sue flaw out of the ashes is if Rey has already received Jedi training, and her memory has been wiped a la Revan from Knights of the Old Republic... Which actually would make sense considering the fact that she only saw herself in the cavern mirror. It's almost as if whatever she was meant to do down there was resolved prior to meeting Luke.
    Am not feeling you I'm a VERY simple woman. Just purchased another ticket with the thought in mind: "The First Order has never looked better, need to see that again" So I'm reading the criticism/analysis with more of a fair enough type of reaction while my own experience is all about the eyes. No time for vitriol, I went to the movie with an open mind and the delivery was good, so I can't say much about Porgmania messing with screen time/characters or why power skill proportions are suddenly relevant if movies have always been inconsistent about it. I only know: The fight on Crait was too rad, it's the type of Jedi performance I support

About Mary Sue, Daisy Ridley already addressed and debunked this issue as well

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the end of the day its JUST a movie

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a VERY simple woman.

She likes that shirtless Adam Driver.

I only know: The fight on Crait was too rad
    @Chae I agree. I thought the fight sequences were pretty kickass. I noticed they took some notes from the choreography of old Samurai films - with Kylo vs. Luke in particular. The simplicity of this style makes the fights more entertaining than the drawn-out fights from the prequels.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 12-26-2017 at 10:32 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scene where the resistance cruiser accelerates to lightspeed and goes through the first order fleet, destroying it, was very nice to watch on the big screen. That made it worth it for me, even though the narrative was sub par, and they nearly destroyed Luke as a character.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    She likes that shirtless Adam Driver.

Though apparently, the scene was not as redundantly gratuitous as it seems. The co-sound supervisors spilled some tea about that. They said it was to show that the force connection was not just on a hearing level, they could see each other as well. And only then Rian Johnson with his pretty gay mindset decides it's gotta be Kyle who shows the assets HeheheheHEEE... He knows what he's doing and we caught him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    @Chae I agree. I thought the fight sequences were pretty kickass. I noticed they took some notes from the choreography of old Samurai films - with Kylo vs. Luke in particular. The simplicity of this style makes the fights more entertaining than the drawn-out fights from the prequels.
    Oh yes I can see how they would pick up the Samurai style. The camera work of this duel was giving me life as well

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At the end of the day its JUST a movie
    A very bad one.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    A very bad one.
    Compared to the old ones, it's total crap, but if you put them aside the prequels, it's decent (or if the old ones didn't exist).

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Compared to the old ones, it's total crap, but if you put them aside the prequels, it's decent (or if the old ones didn't exist).
    I defended The Force Awakens from Star Wars fans that said that the movie was too much like episode 4. I quite liked the film and thought it was a good place to start as it'd kind introduce new fans to the material and would reignite nostalgia for old fans. Didn't have a problem with them copying elements at all. I thought it was a well made film, and JJ Abrams sparked up some mystery and plot threads that made you want to watch the next movie. Along came Rian Johnson, who in my honest opinion made the worst Star Wars film ever made. If you sit back and actually think about the plot, nothing that occurs in the film actually matters at all. Rey didn't really receive any substantial training from Luke. Finns plot was pointless and amounted to nothing at all(I mean seriously all they had to do was ask what the plan was and Finns entire plot could have been erased). The Snoke stuff the most of all is what made me cringe so hard. You create all this mystery surrounding this character from the first movie and then Rian Johnson just says... GOTCHA!. I mean the whole movie is pretty much one gotcha after another as nothing introduced mattered at all. There are some other things that really annoyed me too but I don't want to spoil anything(if it's actually possible).

tl;dr version: I don't think The Last Jedi was better than the prequels. The plot irrelevancy exceeded Attack of the Clones which I thought was one of the more pointless movies I've ever seen. TBH anyone that liked this movie pretty much got sucked into the superficiality of the scenes and didn't really think about what was going on. I don't know what kind of drugs the critics were smoking.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    I defended The Force Awakens from Star Wars fans that said that the movie was too much like episode 4. I quite liked the film and thought it was a good place to start as it'd kind introduce new fans to the material and would reignite nostalgia for old fans. Didn't have a problem with them copying elements at all. I thought it was a well made film, and JJ Abrams sparked up some mystery and plot threads that made you want to watch the next movie. Along came Rian Johnson, who in my honest opinion made the worst Star Wars film ever made. If you sit back and actually think about the plot, nothing that occurs in the film actually matters at all. Rey didn't really receive any substantial training from Luke. Finns plot was pointless and amounted to nothing at all(I mean seriously all they had to do was ask what the plan was and Finns entire plot could have been erased). The Snoke stuff the most of all is what made me cringe so hard. You create all this mystery surrounding this character from the first movie and then Rian Johnson just says... GOTCHA!. I mean the whole movie is pretty much one gotcha after another as nothing introduced mattered at all. There are some other things that really annoyed me too but I don't want to spoil anything(if it's actually possible).

tl;dr version: I don't think The Last Jedi was better than the prequels. The plot irrelevancy exceeded Attack of the Clones which I thought was one of the more pointless movies I've ever seen. TBH anyone that liked this movie pretty much got sucked into the superficiality of the scenes and didn't really think about what was going on. I don't know what kind of drugs the critics were smoking.
    You see this is what troubles me: all the great reviews.

I’ve seen thousands and thousands of movies. I will watch movies that get terrible reviews and think that movie was great. Usually, I try to really suspend disbelief and go for the vision the director is showing me. For example, I thought Aliens: Covenant, was brilliant, yet saw how badly received by critica and audience it was.

I went to The Last Jedi after a 10 hour shift in the bush, by myself. I had ZERO pre-impressions of this movie as I had not seen ANY commercials. I was a blank slate and although I never thought TFA was a great movie (to derivitive- ANOTHER death star?? I thought the empire collapsed... Han Solo given super cheesy lines, Mos Def being such a pointless computer animation, yet Rey with all her energy and impetuousity felt very invigorating and distinctly Millennial) but it was still enjoyable . I even thought Rogue One was an excellent in that it showed a kind of grungy blue collar Empire that really gave something very new.

With the Last Jedi, Disney’s hand was in every piece. Everything was safe, nothing new whatsoever, besides perhaps the format. It truely felt so devoid of substance, so bizare, as though I was watching a three hour long McDonalds commercial. Everything was lame. The milking the green milk.?? What the actual fuck? Like it was sort of a Star Wars, I mean it had lightsabers and there was the Force. You know when you have a little brother who wants to copy your lego invention and he tries and it turns out absolute shit? That is TLJ. The trouble is if you are going for parody of yourself that don’t take your creation seriously. TJL instead tried to go for 4th wall breaks and in doing so almost: ruined Luke Skywalker as a character, ruined Princess Leia as a character.

You can call me racist and sexist as well but I thought Rose and Holdo were the most useless characters. If you know anything about Disney and Disney World and the myth and lore, than you can understand just how much of a politcal agenda they push. Rose felt like affirmative action at play: “okay we need an Asian and she needs to be a woman and she needs to be a security guard and blue collar technician because woman can TOO.” If you think I’m exxagerating then you seriously do not understand Disney. That affirmative action conversation happened you can bet on it. Her relationship with Finn was such a waste of Finn as a character. Here you had someone interesting, a defector, and now he is tagged aling with an earnest young girl who just wants to make an impact. This is what Disney does. Well at least we know Phasma will be back because we all know she didnt die falling into that fire.

The creatures were cool but again you need to understand they are only there because Disney needs new ride opportunities. You can bet there will be a wild man cheetah ride in the new theme park with Rose narrating over the speakers. “Ive always hated this town and the capitalist, elitist society that oppressed me and my sista. Now lets tear this town up hehe haha!!!” *Ride starts* “Finn, we are so young and inter-racial but it doesn’t matter because you make me wet!” *Ride splashes water on your face* “hehe sorry Finn, let’s escape this place with the digital code breaker!” *Ride ends with a drop and your picture -only YOU can be the RESISTANCE*

This movie was the worst of all Star Wars. I was reading reddit and there were some scathing reviews of TLJ about 5 days ago with tons of upvotes... so odd to see these reviews now buried under “omg so awesome!!! #starwars #Kylostits #Reymababe. Makes you wonder if the long arm of Disney had anything to play. Such high score reviews for what is such a blatantly mediocre movie? I guess style over substance.

I still await a classy, regal Star Wars revamp.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Hamill: LSE

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daisy Ridley is ILE
    Last edited by nifl; 03-28-2023 at 09:43 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is not ILE nor EIE by a long stretch.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marep View Post
    Mark Hamill: LSE
    SEI-Fe.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    She is not ILE nor EIE by a long stretch.
    extravert, intuitive, likely Fe valuing

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    extravert, intuitive, likely Fe valuing
    Agree on Fe valuing, but I see Sensing. Introtim or extrotim is not clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12