Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oh, yes, I have a few other typings too.

Riley LSE
    Glory EIE
    Dawn IEE? She was poorly developed imo.
    Wesley ILE(LSI mask) basically incompetent LSI His character was intended to be killed off, if he had been killed off he would be LSI, I think the actor is ILE, he's married to Alyson Hannigan, I think some of the characters do change types in the show like Xander from ILE to IEE, I think the actor for Xander is a ethical type as well.
    Fred EII
    Anya ILI
    Gunn SLE

Buffy is a interesting show for socionics, since almost all the relationships on the show are asymmetric and/or imperfect and often within the ring of social progress, there are many benefit and supervision relationships in the show.

This makes their joining together and breaking apart seem naturalistic instead of forced but also create a certain amount of drama.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy: SEE 6w7 so/sx, 6w7 makes it harder to type people, in fact her and Willow and Xander are all 6w7 IMO
    Willow: SEI
    Xander: ILE
    Giles: INTJ in MBTI; LSI makes sense b/c Ij temperament I guess, if not ILI-Te
    Angel: IEI? IxFx, likely MBTI ISFP or MBTI IxFx at least
    Spike: Beta, I > E
    Faith: SLE
    Darla: Beta, E > I
    Cordelia: ESE/LSE

edit: Buffy does long for something normal sometimes, but I think that's 6w7 again. 6w7s of all kind, even counterphobic like Buffy, need security in something. She has a superego drive to help others even if she doesn't want to at first and she's incredibly loyal. Otherwise she's a great example of SEE; smart but very grounded, always has a comeback, impulsive, and kicks ass. The show is Gamma all the way. Beta influences, like the villains, but it's all about a circle of Fi relationships.
    Last edited by flames; 07-21-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Buffy is SEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Buffy SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Buffy SEI
    bye

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy <3
    She does show a lot of SEE traits, and Giles is a lot like an ILI. Their dynamic could be duality.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    bye
    And, don't get upset at me because I don't agree. I'm supposed to help you see a different perspective which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You didn't like my post

I see similarities between you and @Shiver oh and @Chryssie what do you think of SEI for Buffy

She has to be able to puts all her personal sentiments aside to do a job and she doesn't take anything personally. An SEE would take things personally and vent a lot about their frustrations about their personal let downs. Not SEE. She has to be a type that isn't so personal about things. I feel like she is more objective about her feelings about things making her more Fe than Fi and also I feel like she likes to take care of people so she's taken up quite a task for the good of humanity. It's not like she's killing vampires to feed her kids or anything. Also she has that brave and warrior like reality of "must hunt to feed my kids" a real Sensory thing to do. She's so much like my SEI nephew

And it is not conducive to discussions if you just shut doors on people and not participate in active listening.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-22-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Buffy is nothing like me tbh, I don't think I could be the same type as her. We have no values in common, she's way more blunt, forceful, honest, willful, and isn't very elegant/precise with the way she phrases things.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, don't get upset at me because I don't agree. I'm supposed to help you see a different perspective which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You didn't like my post

I see similarities between you and @Shiver oh and @Chryssie what do you think of SEI for Buffy

She has to be able to puts all her personal sentiments aside to do a job and she doesn't take anything personally. An SEE would take things personally and vent a lot about their frustrations about their personal let downs. Not SEE. She has to be a type that isn't so personal about things. I feel like she is more objective about her feelings about things making her more Fe than Fi and also I feel like she likes to take care of people so she's taken up quite a task for the good of humanity. It's not like she's killing vampires to feed her kids or anything. Also she has that brave and warrior like reality of "must hunt to feed my kids" a real Sensory thing to do. She's so much like my SEI nephew

And it is not conducive to discussions if you just shut doors on people and not participate in active listening.
    It's not that I can't see a different perspective, it's just that SEI is not a good perspective, and Chryssie says so too. Other types that were mentioned for her in this thread I can easily see. But you're the only person that's said SEI, and you remain that person because it's off and no one would agree with it.

I also don't see me and Shiver having much in common. They're introverted and logical and I'm not. I might seem very logical to you here, but that's because most people do; when you're communicating on a forum you have to really stop and think. If you don't you sound like a dumb troll. But in real life you don't have to and in real life I talk very differently. For example, I wouldn't even say words like "logical" or "communicating", and unless I'm in a serious conversation I probably sound like the stereotype of a dumb loud ESFx. I'm also warmer in real life - text is deceiving. I have no interest in logic in real life and no interest in being the boss because I think I know what's best for people. I act as a boss sometimes but it's only to get what I want and for the fun of it, like a Se dom, not because I want to lead people to do what I consider efficient.

Shiver is LII or ILI.

As for Buffy, you haven't watched the show if you think she doesn't get personal. Her personal feelings get in the way a lot, and she talks about them or expresses them a lot. She's ok with killing the average vampire because those vampires are evil and will kill her and others if she doesn't: I don't see why Fi would stop that. BUT if she meets a vampire that's GOOD like Angel she goes against her duty as the slayer and gets close with them. That's Fi. Nothing about SEI fits her: she's extraverted, she makes Fi/Te whips that SEI wouldn't because SEI wants to be kind, and she's not afraid. I could never see an SEI doing the things she does.

She has no concern for Si and Te is one of her well developed functions, not her PoLR.

She kills vampires because she HAS to or they'll overrun people. At the start of the show she wanted nothing to do with them.

Brave is not how I would describe SEI but SEE is pretty brave.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Buffy is nothing like me tbh, I don't think I could be the same type as her. We have no values in common, she's way more blunt, forceful, honest, willful, and isn't very elegant/precise with the way she phrases things.
    Thank you
    Did you change your type? Lol
    -

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thank you
    Did you change your type? Lol
    xP eh.... not really. Yes I did. I'm IEI for some reason. some things in this world aren't supposed to make sense okay....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    xP eh.... not really. Yes I did. I'm IEI for some reason. some things in this world aren't supposed to make sense okay....
    Okay

@Eris I think that Buffy is a serious SEI
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, no.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Okay

The Buffy actor is IEE.

I used to watch this show alot when I was a kid, and I still remember a dream I had of Spike. I made my older sister watch it with me, but she got nightmares from it haha and I slept in her room for a couple of days so she wouldn't be so scared.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffy is same situation for me as Smallville, I’ve never seen the tv show but by osmosis (and YouTube) I feel I have.
    Buffy : Enfp. The show writer joss is enfp as well.
    Spike: Estp steals the show.
    Willow: Alison H I think irl is Esfj.
    It’s rude because the boys Xander are wussed out to make Buffy more awesome. No fair.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actor that played Xander is an IEI (or EIE).

The actress that played Harmony Kendall is an SLE.

Michelle Trachtenberg: Ep.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarah Michelle Gellar - ENFJ Hamlet

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kinderlich View Post
    Buffy is same situation for me as Smallville, I’ve never seen the tv show but by osmosis (and YouTube) I feel I have.
    Buffy : Enfp. The show writer joss is enfp as well.
    Spike: Estp steals the show.
    Willow: Alison H I think irl is Esfj.
    It’s rude because the boys Xander are wussed out to make Buffy more awesome. No fair.
    Spike was awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123