Thread: all things sp/so

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't relate to the video in any shape or form, but I think it's funny in a "wtf is this shit" kind of way. Like, it's so vulgar and trashy you can't help but find humor in it. Kind of like the show Jackass or some jokes in South Park. Anyway, I think the humor is more Beta than anything (maybe also a little Gamma) and I'd also suppose more guys would find it humorous than females. I doubt Deltas would be amused. My EII 9 sp/so sister would probably hate it. Actually, I don't know any sp/so that would like it as they tend to distance themselves from vulgar humor (at least Delta sp/so do). Maybe humor isn't related to stack, and more quadra & culture. Whatever.

*Edit*
    Also, my sx/so boyfriend/ex also did not go about sex like this video in any shape or form (it was passionate and merging in the typical sx way), and they were not trashy like that. They just thought it was fucking hilarious.
    I expected to hate the video but I actually found it kinda amusing and even sort of funny at times. It's soooo ridiculously over the top and think that's what's funny about it. Normally vulgar humor isn't really my style.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    The best thing I can think of is that sp/so people have a strong caregiver way of romantic involvement - a warm, caring, non-aggressive, paternal/maternal feeling. ... The phrase that I read somewhere and it sticked with me once was "apple pie with a slice of naughty"
    So sexy. Apple pie and daddy issuez.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuanxu View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with apple pie. I take it you beta folk eat lard with pickles (actually I am convinced you do).
    Hi, absurd.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I don't know any sp/so that would like it as they tend to distance themselves from vulgar humor (at least Delta sp/so do). Maybe humor isn't related to stack, and more quadra & culture. Whatever.
    The only Delta sp/so that I know, my sp/so Te-SLI bf is all about vulgar, inappropriate humour. I think Cyanide and Happiness and Perry Bible Fellowship are his favourite comics. I doubt he would like that video though, it seems try hard and not very progressive or original. I'm not a sp/so, but a delta nevertheless and despite having a dark sense of humour I found the video lame.

Actually, now that I think about it, pretty much all of my friends (most of whom are delta or alpha) like vulgar humour. I really have a hard time getting where the "deltas are boring conservatives"-thing is supposed to come from. And clearly it annoys me more than it should as I bother to write these messages. In any case, in my circles it's mostly the betas who are conservative and lame. Probably because they happen to be my relatives, though. But I'll hold on to that belief nevertheless, because I don't want to accidentally start seeing betas as human beings with individual characteristics and personalities. Okay, my SLE dad is pretty awesome sometimes, but the others are totally boring and probably mentally ill.

Also, kinda even more untrelated but the token crazy artist (weird clothes and psychedelic paintings) in my family is a 80-year old Te-LSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Also, kinda even more untrelated but the token crazy artist (weird clothes and psychedelic paintings) in my family is a 80-year old Te-LSE.
    I'm starting to think we are typing our family and friends very differently, if the Te-LSE is the token crazy artist of your family Can you expand a bit on this person?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    And that is totally fine!

I'm glad people of other stackings have found resonance with it.
    After reading the "reviews" I didn't go near the video. Things stick in my head sometimes and I didn't want that in my head. I prefer dark,sarcastic humor, even jokes about death but not much into really vulgar, like toilet humor. It turns me into snob.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm starting to think we are typing our family and friends very differently, if the Te-LSE is the token crazy artist of your family Can you expand a bit on this person?
    Umm, I'm not sure what you mean. Her being a crazy artist doesn't contribute to my typing of her as Te-LSE. She just happens to be someone I type as Te-LSE, and then additionally a crazy artist person. The story is, there was a depression when she was young, their family was big and didn't have too much money. But since she was clearly very talented and loved to paint, her parents said they'd pay to get her into a private art school if she wanted to. She didn't want to take this money, and instead read something more useful in a university and ended up having a more conventional career. Then when her children had finally moved out and she retired she decided that it's time she does stuff she loves, just for herself. Got into a pro art school, rent an atelier and started to put her long-postponed dreams into practice. It's pretty awesome, her works are very intense and imaginative and she's trying new techniques all the time. She's graduated now but is rather busy with exhibitions etc so I suppose it's not only me who's impressed.
    The way the TeSi is reflected in her behaviour can sometimes be pretty funny. Like she has an exact way to arrange her colours and brushes on a table so she doesn't have to disrupt her intense flow while painting, but can pick a new brush or get more of the colour she need without having to even look. I think she's probably some Sx-dominant type.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 12-14-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Weird, every delta I know dislikes vulgar or harsh Se based humor. Even the Delta section of this forum comes off as light and fluffy.
    I actually thought the video was weirdly hilarious, too. Especially when that guy kept bouncing the singer's penis as if that is just what you do.
    Last edited by Kim; 12-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we may have differing opinions on what vulgar humor is. Point is, you didn't like the video, as every delta I personally know would.
    What do you mean by vulgar humour?
    Johari Nohari

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://playboy.co.za/oral-history

No one knows when the first blow job occurred, but we can guess who suggested it. Bipedalism may have been its biggest evolutionary leap. French paleontologist Yves Coppens hypothesizes that hominids such as the 3.2-million-year-old Lucy engaged in fellatio, if only because no moral codes stopped them. He has observed that “nothing must have been as good as paleofellation.” In his book, The Prehistory of Sex, archaeologist Timothy Taylor describes what may the world’s first recorded hummer: Neolithic rock art in which a woman sucks one man while she is being penetrated by another.
    Last edited by Amber; 12-15-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we not talking about that video?
    Well, not exactly

You made a claim that sp/so:s, especially delta ones, tend to distance themselves from vulgar humour (and used the disliking of that video by deltas as proof supporting your claim). I responded by providing examples of deltas (including an sp/so one) who are more into vulgar humour than any other kind (even if not probable fans of that particular video). You responded to this by claiming my counter-examples aren't adequate, as I'm using the word "vulgar" in a different sense than you are. I asked you for clarification, as I'm personally not able to see what the critical difference in the sense the video is vulgar and the sense the comics I mentioned are vulgar might be.

I think both of them conform pretty well at least to the definitions google suggests:
    1. lacking sophistication or good taste
    2. making explicit and offensive reference to sex or bodily functions; coarse and rude

Last edited by willekeurig; 12-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Both my sx/so ex & sx/so boyfriend thought this was the greatest video on the internet...

Anyway, I think this video comes off as more contra-flow kind of humor.
    Tend to agree with this. The last time I've seen this video posted up was by an so/sp dude who found it hilarious.

The sx-blindspot parody interpretation doesn't sound that out of the element, but the grungy, hammering approach is more suggestive of the so/sp stacking rather than sp/so.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your taste of vulgar humor comes off as lighter and somewhat cute to me (which is how I generally view Delta humor. My EII sister likes those kind of comics). I think there is a clear difference in that humor with a Se flavor tends to come off as harsher.

I don't see why you're getting upset like you have to prove delta isn't boring or something because of my comment earlier. Calm down.
    Well, the difference I personally see is not in the "lightness" or "hardness" of the vulgarity, more like that the examples I posted are quirkier, there's something original or intellectually stimulating about them. The video is more like "penis penis wohoo penis somebody touches a penis". It's getting a bit old.

I admit I'm kind of fed up with the delta=boring stereotype, but it's not that per se that annoyed me about your post. Some people actually make funny jokes about these stereotypes and I don't have a problem with it. It's more that I often see you presenting what I think are weak generalisations/stereotypes, be it about deltas or something else completely (quite often gender or relationships), and framing your words as if you were being serious about it.
    Maybe this could be blamed on some Ni vs Ne (or Ti vs Te?) clash? At least the same thing tends to happen a lot with some beta nf:s I know. They'll make some claim about how men are like this and women are like that, I'll be like "That's evidently bullshit + we'll never get to progress as a society if people keep on celebrating retarded stereotypes like that" and they'll be like "don't be so serious I was just saying".
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Well, the difference I personally see is not in the "lightness" or "hardness" of the vulgarity, more like that the examples I posted are quirkier, there's something original or intellectually stimulating about them. The video is more like "penis penis wohoo penis somebody touches a penis". It's getting a bit old.

I admit I'm kind of fed up with the delta=boring stereotype, but it's not that per se that annoyed me about your post. Some people actually make funny jokes about these stereotypes and I don't have a problem with it. It's more that I often see you presenting what I think are weak generalisations/stereotypes, be it about deltas or something else completely (quite often gender or relationships), and framing your words as if you were being serious about it.
    Maybe this could be blamed on some Ni vs Ne (or Ti vs Te?) clash? At least the same thing tends to happen a lot with some beta nf:s I know. They'll make some claim about how men are like this and women are like that, I'll be like "That's evidently bullshit + we'll never get to progress as a society if people keep on celebrating retarded stereotypes like that" and they'll be like "don't be so serious I was just saying".
    I've never seen delta as boring.

But anyway, some people's "boredom" is other people's passion, so it's just all a matter of perspective.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it could be a Ni vs Ne thing. Ni tends to observe patterns and events over time and pieces them together to form opinions and conclusions, whereas Ne is constantly thinking outside the box and trying to come up with differing alternative conclusions like "well, you're forgetting this could also turn out like this" or "it doesn't always have to be that way".
    this is what I had on my mind, too

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word vulgar, and rather used shock jock or whatever (expressing humor in a deliberately shocking or offensive way). I do think Se quadra humor is more about that kind of shock "in your face" factor. I've also noticed some Gammas have a similar taste in shock humor... example of this can be seen in Korpsy, Lungs and Ashton. The shows South Park and Jackass are generally seen as Beta/Gamma.
    Yeah, this makes much more sense to me. Especially jackass seems very Se (beta?) humour, South Park maybe a little less so (it seems to be almost equally liked among all quadras ime), even though I agree many of the characters are beta.

Anyway, maybe you should take what I say with a grain of salt, because you have to remember they are my personal opinions, not yours. I may view things about Delta as dry & not my cup of tea, but that's okay, they are my opposing quadra and you are free to view Beta similarly.
    Yup, obviously. It's generally not differences in personal taste that get on my nerves. I'm actually pretty sure I've myself publicly stated that I find most betas boring in a "much ado about nothing"- way some years back.

Not that it makes a big difference, but the reason I bother to get annoyed by some of your posts and reply to them tells something positive about how I view you. Like, even though you're pretty alien to me, I trust you to be smart and insightful enough to give some sort of meaningful explanation instead of unconstuctive/wannabe deep/emotion-based/off-topic rambling. Just so you know.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

© C A R A S • I O N U T - Rush hour II

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@suedehead, why is it that all your posts in this thread seem so out of place and unlike all the other posts?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most people ITT aren't Sp/So. I think I'm the only one who's been posting pictures.
    Last edited by suedehead; 12-24-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    Most people ITT aren't Sp/So. I think I'm the only one who's been posting pictures.
    ime, if thinking everyone but yourself is mistyped, it's more likely that you're the one who's mistyped.

That said, It's quite possible i'm not sp/so. But still doesn't obviate the fact that your posts are like the odds ones out ITT.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ime, if thinking everyone but yourself is mistyped, it's more likely that you're the one who's mistyped.
    Who am I accusing of being mistyped. Noone who's posted pictured self-identifies as Sp/So, and they're more or less posting depressing, generic bullshit and stock images and passing it off as stacking-related.

What the fuck. And fuck you if this is what you've based your perception of me off of.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who am I accusing of being mistyped. Noone who's posted pictured self-identifies as Sp/So, and they're more or less posting depressing, generic bullshit and stock images and passing it off as stacking-related.

What the fuck.
    ummm... you're the one who seems to be posting the depression stuff. Maybe you're just depressed? Are you ok?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's posting depressing things per se. Most of the images itt are blank, vapid, gray, lowbrow. And that actually is a bummer. Stack or no stack, at least there's some point of view in his posts.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    I don't think he's posting depressing things per se. Most of the images itt are blank, vapid, gray, lowbrow. And that actually is a bummer. Stack or no stack, at least there's some point of view in his posts.
    Ok well if that's the case, i dont identify with sp/so then...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wow, a whole bunch of morbid and stoned contra-flow pics in one of my fav stacks.

I should also post random closet porn of my own around the enneagram threads on the 16 types.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SP/SO >>> there is a tightly-knit group in the image (syn-flow So) and the woman looks kind of isolated and self-absorbed (Sp). A sense of constructive pragmatism ...building up of a society etc.

Last edited by Amber; 12-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That looks stitched together.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and @suedehead continues to post garbage. quit trolling, man... Quit bullying us gentle sp/so's!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who's 'us'.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sp/so - grounded, light, fruitful

sp/soc: The most straightforward in language, with relatively little trills and embellishments. Points made directly and from personal experience. Business-like. Clear. Cynical. Lacking in internal experience compared to other stackings.

Why are sp/so's the backbone of society?
    -sp/so's develop and manage resources that benefit the community
    so ---> into ---> sp

sp/so – Has a sense for being appropriate in social situations. Protects themselves through following civility norms. Doesn't modulate their personal energy widely. Keeps even, consistent, and sturdy. Has a tracking instinct for the underbellies ('shadowside') of society and governments. What they take in through their senses gets filtered through cynicism. Tend towards masculine hobbies and pursuits. Savers, collectors, people who find ways to make contributions to (or oppose) their community without being seen to have genuinely transgressed. Has a more refined sense of implementing reverse crowd psychology than sp/sx.

Sp/So: There's something of a 'patriot' theme here - I'm using the word loosely for lack of a better one. The social landscape (so) i.e. social mores, culture, traditions, impregnates the physical land (sp) with a given charge for sp/so's. The physical space becomes the natural subject of a communal protective drive. Sp = body/earth, thus the history (so) of a place is sensed viscerally, and the sx-instinct is sublimated into a kind of social romance with the land. I.e.- Social 'air' breathes into sp 'earth'.

A lot of politicians are this type. On the neurotic side, you can see how an initial inspiration of duty-to-the-land can begin to take an sp-first turn into materialism, "Gimme my stuff", and thus the classic inner conflict of the politician: once elected they're getting sp and soc-needs met (salary, perks, social standing), and the choice between maintaining the steady stream of sp ('me-first') benefits and service to the so (the 'greater good').

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's 'us'.
    the sp/so collective.

You're sp/sx. Or some other contra-flow type.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see how the things you bolded are reflected in your choice of postings here, nor in reflecting you as being sp/so. You highlighted just a few select words and phrases that, taken out of context, are very vague and not representative of the essence of sp/so much at all.

You bolded "grounded" but if you notice, it also says "grounded, LIGHT, FRUITFUL". Light, not dark. Your posts are all dark and disturbing.

The sx instinct deals with death. See enneasite.com/the-stackings/
    The sx instinct also sexualizes things, as you have been. If you cared to notice, before you started posting in this thread (and before agni's most recent post), this thread was very minimally sexualized, compared to the sx-first or sx-2nd stacking threads. As @woofwoofl mentioned in the chatbox last night, sp/so is not only light, but tends to be CLEAN.

Keep in mind also that not all enneagram stacking descriptions are going to be helpful. The one you posted isn't great.
    Last edited by Suz; 12-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying what stack anyone is or isn't. I'm just saying that you could question the relevance of the images @suedehead posted without putting them down. ("Garbage" etc.) I'm assuming he identifies with them in some way. Maybe you were insulted though because the pix in this thread were cast in a negative light by him, and I more or less agreed?

I don't like the images overall in any of the stackings threads, fwiw. I mostly see bad taste in all of them. But ppl like what they like.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    I'm not saying what stack anyone is or isn't. I'm just saying that you could question the relevance of the images @suedehead posted without putting them down. ("Garbage" etc.) I'm assuming he identifies with them in some way. Maybe you were insulted though because the pix in this thread were cast in a negative light by him, and I more or less agreed?

I don't like the images overall in any of the stackings threads, fwiw. I mostly see bad taste in all of them. But ppl like what they like.
    as always, golden speaks wisdom.

Sure... maybe i overreacted. I just dont like being associated with a lot of the stuff suedehead has posted... it's shocking, embarrassing, insulting, yes. And it's been rainy and foggy for the past few days, so I'm not in the best mood.
    Anyway, sorry @suedehead, i'll be more patient with you. But you're still not sp/so...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Me neither.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast