Thread: Socionics types and acting "out of character"

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and acting "out of character"

I notice that I sometimes do things that are "out of character" for me (though recently someone told me that nothing is "out of character" for an ENTp). I've been accused of doing things sometimes just because I think it's the opposite of what I "would usually" do. I tend to be drawn to irony.

I was talking to my husband about Socionics and he said that he sometimes does things that are uncharacteristic of his type and stated that he thinks that most people do and asked for an explanation. I told him that being a certain type will create a tendency to do things a certain way but it may or may not work out like that everytime.

So are certain types more likely to act "out of character" than other types? Or is it more a matter of the strength of preferences in each area? Comments?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean uncharacteristic? Give some examples ...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nm
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The alpha quadra is supposed to seek harmonious relations. I wonder if that desire would lead to more prevalent uncharacteristic behavior, bending themselves to achieve good relations.
    I(N)Tj