From a thread on another board, it came across that some INFs (Me included, unfortunately) use quite harsh verbal defense methods when threatened. At this point, it would seem that quite many of them (From limited evidence, of course) have quite the acid tongue and know where to strike. It goes something like this:

When I'm feeling threatened, my subconscious takes the age-old "fight-or-flight" decision, almost always landing on "fight" in order not to shame me. Indeed, if anybody do abuse me, I'm prone to stay right where I am out of sheer bullheadedness. I usually retreat into my shell... at first. However, do the stupid thing and threaten me more, and I sooner or later lose control of my emotions, sliver by sliver. The first (And usually last) reaction to this is when I use my to pick up on cues,
to read them through and sort them and my to pick through them and determine "weak points" (Usually PoLRs, but at times mere "sore spots"). I then use my - side to deliver them harshly straight into the face of the other, sometimes even feigning a smirk to amplify the effect. I usually manage to make the other step down, and they often fear me for the next year, but this leaves me with nerves of old wool and muscles of jell-o, not to mention the dirtiest conscience sonce the days of Eve.

This thing also has a tendency to seep through my defenses when I'm just plain extraverting, making me avoid those times like the plague.

So here are my questions:
Is this true of other INFjs (And INFps, if they read this thread) on here, as well, or is this merely a product of the environment?
Are there any other types that do this kind of thing?
If it is indeed regular, is there any typological reason why this might be so, beyond "defensive measures" (I've kinda got a vague idea about hidden agendas, PoLRs and so on)?
Is my hypothesis of the functions used and the way they are used somewhat correct, and if not, what exactly is wrong?
And, last but not least: Is there any way I can gain full control of this side of my personality and stop it completely? I see no reason for it to exist, as other and better ways than verbal violence can always be found.

Herzblut: As I have a suspicion that this is, at least in part, my ESTp "dark side" acting up (Dark sides, of course, being the very worst traits of the four-letter opposite. But, I must wonder: Do threatened ESTps become timid, easily hurt scaredy-cats?), your comments would be particularily appreciated.