Thread: Identical relations: INTj - INTj

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Identical relations: INTj - INTj

I have a coworker who I think is likely INTj. He is in a superior position to me so i have to go to him for help when I'm having trouble finding some information or solving a problem and need additional information.

Many times i find myself getting really frustrated in what I perceive as dalliances and too conversational exchanges. I mean, it's cool that I don't feel pressure or anything since I know that he gives me consolance about problems or compliments me on Si things, and accepts Ne jokes.. but I can't help wanting to smash things when I talk to him and wait for him to do what I need to do, get mired in techical difficulties, or be seemingly oblivious to the fact that others are waiting for him to finish speaking.

Do you think this has to do with identical relationships, or specifically identicals at work? Have you had good relations with an identical in working relations? I think it's telling that I can appreciate the allowances he makes for me when talking about conversational things, but not when I need something done that's work related. I also notice that I make him tense when I "rush" things or point out something I think he missed.

EDIT: an example: he talks to me in a baby voice sometimes when he says hello.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think that identical relations between logical types in particular can be somewhat tense, and definitely very inconstant. They seem to alternate between perfect mutual understanding and flawless communication, and tension, forced communication, and mutual suspicion or distrust.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTj identical relation

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    EDIT: an example: he talks to me in a baby voice sometimes when he says hello.
    Call him out on it. If he is worth his stones as an LII, he will stop.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAWD.

I dunno. It's not like I'm the social police, telling peoeple they have to do what I like. That's just what the guy's like. Maybe I will be so bothered that I will spare the awkward afternoon telling a superior that talking like that to me is just not appropriate in the way it makes me feel and could he please stop using that tone?

I think his wife is an ISFp btw.