Thread: Compulsively going to a refrigerator - type related?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Compulsively going to a refrigerator - type related?

I just returned home from speaking to my friend and he said something funny: when he's at home he compulsively goes to the refrigerator, even when he's not hungry and doesn't eat anything. It's funny because I do it too.

I was wondering if this is a type thing...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it from time to time as well, usually I have some sort of fulfilment, but there are times I just stare at the contents, usually trying to figure out what I could make or do.
    ENFp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that all the time if i'm at home bored.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that. Usually I don't know what I want, or even if I'm hungry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do it too, but mostly I get a drink of water when I do though.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't do that. I wonder if this might be an age thing. If you're young enough that your metabolism is still very high, you need a lot of calories and you might have an urge to see what food is available more often? Even if you don't feel particularly hungry at that time? I don't know. Anyway, I don't go to the fridge unless I'm making a meal or putting groceries away. Or getting a snack for my daughter. Something like that anyway. Now, she often asks me to open the fridge or the pantry so she can look in it and see what's there.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You check out the refrigerator even when you're not hungry and don't feel like eating?
    I find that weird. lol.
    But I do go to the refrigerator when I'm hungry (which is pretty often), to cook up something...
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENFp and refrigerators

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    I just returned home from speaking to my friend and he said something funny: when he's at home he compulsively goes to the refrigerator, even when he's not hungry and doesn't eat anything. It's funny because I do it too.

I was wondering if this is a type thing...
    I do that occasionally. When I can, like when I'm at home, I tend to be a sort of grazer, eating small amounts throughout the day. So I'll frequently find myself absent-mindedly opening refrigerator and cupboard doors and "window shopping," even when I'm not really that hungry. I'm not ENFp, but my sister, who is, does it as well, though she's not quite as absent-minded.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never do this. I have six small to medium meals during the day. This means that I eat every two to three hours. Irregular eating makes you gain unwanted pounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to do it a lot. i don't anymore.

i've seen it described as a sympton of some mental neurosis, i am trying to google it to find out which one, but haven't happened across it just yet.
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always done it. Even when all I have in there are some packets of ketchup and mustard and know that more food won't magically appear within the next 15 minutes, i still go back and look. It's some sort of nervous habit/boredom...kind of like checking your email a thousand times a day.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's an animal instinct. You want to go to your food cache to see if any other animals stole stuff from it while you weren't looking.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    When I see threads like this necroed, I get optimistic that maybe the forum has become less dumb.
    haahahahah

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    When I can, like when I'm at home, I tend to be a sort of grazer, eating small amounts throughout the day.
    I love domesticated animals.

Quote Originally Posted by n1cole
    Maybe it's an animal instinct. You want to go to your food cache to see if any other animals stole stuff from it while you weren't looking.
    When I come visit, I'll be actively stealing your food.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I love domesticated animals.

When I come visit, I'll be actively stealing your food.
    That will be somewhat challenging to do, as most of my food comes from fast food places and restaurants. You would have to break into the restaurants and steal their food. Now, technically, it would not be all that difficult to dress up in some kind of uniform that resembled a worker in the restaurant, and just walk back there and go into a cooler. In some places they keep cooler doors locked, and in other places, they don't. And some of the food is kept out in containers at room temperature and it isn't locked up. I know this from working at McDonald's.

So yeah, you could steal the food from a restaurant pretty easily. It would be so bizarre and unexpected that you would probably get away with it without anybody getting a reality check until it was too late. Most people expect thieves to try to steal the money in the cash registers. Just say you're a new employee and it's your first day, and avoid interacting with any of the managers who will know that there aren't any new people scheduled to come in. You don't even have to go so far as to pretend you're a technical guy or a maintenance and repair person. Just another clueless newbie would do.

Not like I've thought about this before, lol. I just thought of it now.

By the way, I got 'coned' the other day. 'Coning' is a practical joke where people grab the ice cream cone out of your hand, grabbing it directly by the ice cream, and crushing the cone in the process, while filming it so they can put it on youtube. Look up 'coning' on youtube.

And what's funny is, another employee warned me that I was about to get coned, because she had overheard them talking about it while they paid for their order. So whenever he reached for it, I moved it out of his reach, and they all went 'Oohhhhh,' and they were all disappointed. So I said, 'Here, do you want it?' and I held it out to him again. He grabbed it and crushed it, as planned, and I was laughing, and I tossed the end of the cone into the car window.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the OP is onto something, all ENFp's I know have refrigerators, so there is definitely SOME correlation there.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg n1cole let's steal food from mcdonalds one day
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by juicy prey
    I like to say hi to my food, see how it's going.
    Hi (: So how have you been?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs: