Thread: Benefit, Supervision, and putting people on pedestals

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Benefit, Supervision, and putting people on pedestals

Is there an intertype relation for which you consistently put the other person on a pedestal, especially in the early stages of your meeting/relationship? In practice, do you really encounter this most in relations of Benefit, or do you find this even more so in another relation - e.g., perhaps Supervision (where you are the Supervisor)?

It would be helpful, when responding, if you would give your types, how many individuals you've experienced this with, describe which qualities about them you feel "impressed" by, etc.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an INTP, i've had a colleague that was my supervisor (ENFJ), i have several benefactors as colleague (ISTJ) and one friend (ISTJ).

The relation with the ENFJ was very nice, we understood eachother very well. In some way I looked up against her. It wasn't a bad relation, I could clearly feel she was higher in rank, but still we were very good friends. I could see that she served as a guardian angel for me.

The relation with ISTJ differs, because some of them are such a pain in the ass not even socionics seems to work really well with them. My friend is an exeption, I can really laugh with him and I feel energized when he visits me. I seem to give him more attention (send more mails, call him more often) then I do with my average friends, so that's the benefactor effect.

Putting on a pedestal isn't a real issue in other relations as far as I can think of. Although I sometimes seem to do it with my dual friends/aquintances.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm.... i'm not sure i have necessarily a broad experience to offer, exactly. i know one that i am certain to be ISTp who continually puts me on a pedestal, but he knows he does it and i know he does it and he can't help it and knows it and i know he can't help it, so it's all good.

i'm not sure i have had close contact with my benefactor, though. i think my dad's (late) best friend could've been INFp, and we idealised him a little bit. if my dad is ENTp like i think he is, he would've had an illusiory relationship with his best friend. but neither of these types is any way certain. and in any case, putting people on pedestals by nature runs counter to my (and maybe INTjs in general) personality - i feel more comfortable being on it than putting someone else on it, although i'd rather not be idealised in the first place.

my youngest brother is my supervisor, and i'm pretty certain he is ESTp. i don't put him on a pedestal either, although he does pick on me a lot and always tries to well, supervise me. he can be protective, as though i can't manage by myself. i think if he were not my brother i would be far more annoyed, though.