six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gammas post your experiences with Deltas

Suddenly I'm working with a whole ton of Deltas through an extra-cirricular club that I'm an officer in at work now (via company wide election)

There's an ISTp, an INFj, an ENFp, and an ESTj, a whole quadra of Deltas! This is great because I never really seem to run into a lot of Deltas. There's some others also but I haven't been able to type them yet. One I'm pretty sure is an ENTj (female, 40's) but of course she has herself so tied up in other projects that she hasn't been able to contribute much to this club, lol. Anyhow, I've noticed that the Deltas seem to have a little clique and all interact and get along great, but I get this somewhat "suspicious" vibe from them towards me, as if I'm going to rock the boat or something.

The ISTp is the club president and is a nice guy (early 40's, very fit) but has this incredibly cold and detached look on the outside. His gaze will freeze you, it's that cold, but it's just his natural look. He works out a lot, has stacks of empty salsa and other hot sauce bottles in his office, and is organizing a sky diving event for people in the company, lol. The INFj is a younger girl (probably early/mid-20's), very pretty, but always seems sorta distant and confused with a somewhat depressed look. When she smiles it's beautiful though. This is nearly identical in demeanor and expression to the last INFj I had any sort of interaction with, which is a rather long story. The ENFp (female, late-30's/early-40's) is a BLAST and also takes pretty good care of herself. She's the life of the party and perks everyone up, and has some of the funniest expressions I've ever seen. And the ESTj (female, 40's) is rather annoying. You can tell she likes to get her way and doesn't like to take no for an answer. She states how she thinks things should be and then has this sort of standoffish look that tells you you're in for a fight if you feel differently. At least those are the impressions I get. And when I say their type, I'm pretty darn certain or else I don't bother mentioning it.

So post up your experiences with Deltas, good and bad.
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: post your experiences with Deltas

I don't know about Deltas but I've been having interactions with an apparent ENTj lately and I don't know how to make him talk less...any ideas on that?

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: get them involved in a contest of some sort. That'll keep them busy trying to one-up everybody else. heh

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sounds more like Se dominance than Te dominance (not that Te dominants aren't competitive)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I don't know about Deltas but I've been having interactions with an apparent ENTj lately and I don't know how to make him talk less...any ideas on that?
    lol no, nothing that wouldn't get you sued
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I use:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    This is what I use:

Hmm..I could apply the idea but using e.g. this:

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    Is it really such a bad thing?
    Well it does sort of get on my nerves that he doesn't seem to listen much but instead keeps blapping It is very hard to converse with someone if the general interaction pattern is that they first ask a question and then answer it themselves. I always get the feeling "That guy would be great company if he learned to shut up and listen every once in a while" Right now my job is more or less to give some kind of comfort or something. To be there and listen and be sort of supportive. Perhaps I need to use more to make him listen. Usually he blaps about some serious/business matter and when he runs out of those he starts to throw jokes and turns every serious subject I try to talk about into some kind of humorous remark and then starts talking about his own serious/business subject again and expects me to listen. Which I so far have been doing However I can't take his company for long periods of time unless he learns to listen to me I need a break every now and then.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    OK, I'll share a few observations, anyway.

I have grown to feel affection for one particular ISTp I know well. He married into the family. We admire and respect each other a great deal. This seems mutual. However, when we interact we seem to bore each other. The conversations are one-sided, either him always talking, or me. He expresses a lot of questions and concerns about the consequences of actions and future events (e.g., use of natural resources), the details of which I just assume much more naturally and quickly in my thinking, and so this quality in him repeatedly bores me because he is so slow and deliberate in his approach. It's like he'll ask the question but won't go from there - won't consider any real possible ANSWERS. I kindly listen, but lose energy to contribute. It's like he doesn't quite hear me. When I share my interests and such, well, he's not so interested usually and will often leave the room. Nevertheless, we are actually fond of each other and express admiration for specific qualities in each other quite openly. Anyway, he is insatiable when it comes to sweets. It's unbelievable. He leaves food messes all over the place, which I might not entirely notice were it not for another member of the family always pointing it out. Unbelievably soft for "cute" pets, he'll often show you computer printouts of the latest puppy or kitten photo he found online. Or go on adoring his current pets. He has never been the generous sort, incredibly stingy on gifts. He saw my ongoing generosity as something ... that he just hadn't seen before. It is interesting how I have pulled in the reins (a tad bit) over time, and he has now discovered the joy of giving a bit more, I think. He's been showing his wife with small gifts all the time now. It's quite remarkable.
    my experience with an ISTp who is my nearly-significant other. i agree that in his 'restful' state, he makes minimal movements, and likes to just hang about (however he can be quite animated when he's in a mischievous mood). he does not like to be serious, but can be, and i suspect thinks about stuff somewhere underneath. according to him, it's not that he isn't interested when i give my (sometimes spirited) opinions, but he does not make conclusions as quickly as i do. i think ISTps must form opinions at a glacial pace, and once formed, i guess it kind of tends to stay put and takes a geological age to shift. he often says that what i think he thinks is not necessarily the all of it, since there are things he considers, but neither i nor him knows what he'll end up doing with it. i don't know how one can live without anticipating what an outcome will be, nor attempt to draw a line from the past to an anticipated future. his idea of a vacation is to lie down somewhere pleasant and just enjoy some sun, and food and other pleasant things like that. whereas my idea of a vacation is to see the things that are in a different place, to have an idea of how other people live and what they think and the surroundings they live in, and how that ties to the philosophies of their culture - i.e. lots more walking about and perhaps tends to be places with fewer amenities. he's very strict with what he expects of human beings, and doesn't think much of them, but has a real soft spot for animals, especially tiny helpless ones and has a special place in his heart for birds. he feeds the sparrows and other little birds where he lives. he is loyal and constant, and very trusting of those he loves, but very untrustful, in fact unreasonably so, of everyone else.

i'll have to think a bit on other deltas, i'm not sure i know an example of one of the others well enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    according to him, it's not that he isn't interested when i give my (sometimes spirited) opinions, but he does not make conclusions as quickly as i do. i think ISTps must form opinions at a glacial pace, and once formed, i guess it kind of tends to stay put and takes a geological age to shift.
    LOL ... what an excellent way of wording it

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avoid topics that would allow them to bring up philosophy, business, investing, other financial matters, or something they feel passionately about, such as their field.
    SEE

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to take turns -- ENTj monologues never end unless your phone battery dies.
    I hope it is nothing like ENFj monologues. It would be like Shakespeare, except talking about the in's and out's about how falling Real Estate values are affecting global layovers of precious metal processing industries.

In all seriousness, I have never heard these endless ENTj speaches, or I have just listened to them and didn't consider them as significant experiences worth noting as "annoying monologues". The few ENTj's I have met usually seem readily open to discussion.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With most people, yes... but they're like that when you get them going about something.
    SEE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I ask a question of those who like to monologue for lengthy periods of time, ENTjs or otherwise? What is it that prompts you to do so? Is it a sense of wanting to help the other person out by providing them with lots of data? Is it a way of ordering your thoughts? Is it just that you need to get it out, and the listener is a good basket to hold it all? Is it a mixture of the above? Or something else?

Personally, when I talk for long periods of time, it's usually because I'm sharing with them something that happened to me and the resulting flood of thoughts. I talk out loud so I can make it concrete in my mind. So, it's rather a selfish motivation on my part. However, I usually only do that with people I trust a lot, and it happens pretty rarely.

So, what are your reasons for talking a lot? What prompts you and what encourages you to continue?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... it's hard to really explain something if you're being interrupted, whether it's a story or an explanation or an idea. I used to talk a lot more than I do now, but I used to interrupt myself a lot and get side tracked and what. I also spoke pretty quickly. Then came ADD medication. Now I usually only talk a lot when in the company of someone who I get along with very well but don't see often. Also, some people are more likely to sit there quietly and listen than others. There are some people who "get it" (like minded people) that I talk a lot around because I can share thoughts with them that I can't discuss with most people.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    May I ask a question of those who like to monologue for lengthy periods of time, ENTjs or otherwise? What is it that prompts you to do so? Is it a sense of wanting to help the other person out by providing them with lots of data?
    Sometimes yes, if that's the context.

Is it a way of ordering your thoughts?
    Sometimes.

Is it just that you need to get it out, and the listener is a good basket to hold it all?
    In times of crisis, if the person is a friend, yes.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to take turns -- ENTj monologues never end unless your phone battery dies.
    I think my relations with the particular ENTj I told about in this thread is slowly getting better. Actually to the point where he is the most likable person I currently work with (which isn't THAT much but...). Anyways, he actually doesn't talk that much anymore and I have been able to find some common subjects of discussion. Our sense of humor also matches somewhat. It is funny. It is like our humor is somehow very different but still his jokes often make me smile and my jokes make him smile. There is a potential for misunderstandings though as the style of the humor is different. You can never be 100% sure whether the other person told a joke or whether he is serious. After you get to know better you can better tell what is a joke and what is not and then the interaction becomes rather positive and the probability for misunderstandings and the general "irritation" decreases quickly. I've had a couple of very positive moments too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Alternatively, put two equally nimble ENTjs together and watch them battle it out!
    I tried that, not a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Avoid topics that would allow them to bring up philosophy, business, investing, other financial matters, or something they feel passionately about, such as their field.
    I tried that, too, but it isn't possible, the conversation goes there anyway. It's better to get you and the ENTJ something to eat and drink, take a comfortable chair and get immersed.

Usually I tell my ENTJ friend to announce his coming so 'I can place the sandbags' (a saying in my country which comes from the custom to strenghten the dykes with sandbags in case of high water to prevent flooding. Now this ENTJ friend is a professor in dyke engineering and he appreciates the joke).
    ENFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i find them conventional and boring. Their relationships seem to be made on co-dependence moreso than the other quadras. ESTj's seem to boss around the INFj while the INFj takes it and continues idealizes and feeling enough for the both of them. The relationship with ISTp and ENFp is similar to ESFp and INTp in the fact that we both share the same hidden agendas ( & ) however their duality relationship isn't so much one of a "quest for knowledge and truth" as much as it is an escape to (for the ENFp) and escape from (for the ISTp) reality.

I understand that this could also be said for the duality relationship with ESFp and INTp, however the two functions I would most associate with being ground inthe here-and-now and thus reality are , , , and seeing as ESFp's have one of these two functions as their primary function and INTp's have one of these functions as their creative function this relationship seems both a) more balanced and equal and b) not as much an escape to and an escape from reality as the duality relationship with ENFp (who has 0 functions that are primary nor creative in the here-and-now , ) and ISTp (both their primary and their creative functions are in the present).

My point is also shown in the actual expression of these functions. ENFp's are very imaginative, seem as if they're in their own little dream world. The same can be said of INFj's. This also explains how they're known to be champions of causes. "Save the whales, seals, and ozone layer!"

Whereas, ESTj's and ISTp's are known to be good adminstrators because they are so in the here-and-now that they are able to know for themselves AND for others how to do what they need to get done. This also explains why they are prone to depression- I mean could you imagine being HERE, RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME???

In conclusion, I would best describe this quadra as traditionalist, predictable, unintelligent, prone to being cult followers, the blind leading the blind.
    My advice to ESTj's and ISTp's would be to think outside the box a little- replace your manpower with brain power.
    My advice to the ENFp's and INFj's would be to try to think inside the box a little. Honestly, is wasting your entire Saturday handing out pins and holding up posters to save the whales really gonna save a whale? Think a little more realistic.

ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumping the thread for more stories and responses.