Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality complementary subtypes (IEE-SLI)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs should hook-up with ILEs. We're schmexier and way more cool.

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06
    Can you explain why you think so? Thanks.
    Because Si is Ne-seeking and Te is Fi-seeking.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are only two cool SLI's in this world.

First one - Jay Chou, for obvious reasons. People who hate him just because he's Asian should eat bull's hair.

Second- jessica129. No idea, probably because she's another one of those fucking kittens I guess. I like her.

Third - my SuperEgo. No justification. My SuperEgo is just cool. Probably because it's my Ego upsized. Just because. Yea.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Can you explain why you think so? Thanks.
    I could explain this to you pretty well I think as it's something i've been looking into of late (seriously), but hey that would involve effort like pressing buttons on a keyboard. Although this might seem like more effort.. I think i'd rather just beat you..I dunno maybe i'd just enjoy that more..

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I could explain this to you pretty well I think as it's something i've been looking into of late (seriously), but hey that would involve effort like pressing buttons on a keyboard. Although this might seem like more effort.. I think i'd rather just beat you..I dunno maybe i'd just enjoy that more..
    Oh give it up Cyclops! That or I could make you get on AIM/MSN and tell me in a lot more detail than you'd like. Your choice.

Creepy-Cyclops

Oh give it up Cyclops! That or I could make you get on AIM/MSN and tell me in a lot more detail than you'd like. Your choice.
    If you pm me some compromising pictures (of your preferably) then i'm sure we could negotiate..

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you pm me some compromising pictures (of your preferably) then i'm sure we could negotiate..
    Did I give you the impression that it was up for negotiation?

Creepy-Cyclops

Did I give you the impression that it was up for negotiation?
    *qbsirena06 means she comes for free* Sigh, no ENFp girls a challenge to Cyclops

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*qbsirena06 means she comes for free* Sigh, no ENFp girls a challenge to Cyclops
    I'm gonna need a lot more than that to go anywhere...especially for free. So, major FAIL.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm gonna need a lot more than that to go anywhere...especially for free. So, major FAIL.
    Ok. Tried to make it up to you on SLI description thread by explaining sub types. Hmm. You better not be hard work I tell ya! *thinks about beating again* ahh HAPPY thoughts..

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys need to hook up already. Start internet dating or something....seriously.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    You guys need to hook up already. Start internet dating or something....seriously.
    I hear Meatburger still has a thing for you

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Meatburger still has a thing for you
    Whatever happened to him?

Creepy-Cyclops

Whatever happened to him?
    He's busy doin stuff. Think he's got some Oz road/rail trip coming up. Still single tho

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the through about 1/3 of this thread and decided to share my two cents in regards to subtype's effect on duality. Note that there is little empiral data to back up what I'm about to say and it very well could be completely off. I will continue to use the ENFp-ISTp example that this thread started with.

Subtype does have an impact on dual relations; this has been stated previously in the thread, and many people have noted that Ne compliments Si, Te compliments Fi, etc. This conclusion fits with classical socionics. Given that, an ENFp-Fi will be best matched with an ISTp-Te. (Note that I believe that the strength of one's subtype is a spectrum, i.e., continuous; thus, one could be balanced between his two leading functions, favor one strongly, weakly, etc.) Great, but what about an ENFp-Fi paried with an ISTp-Si? Well, for the sake of making the example clear, let's say each partner has a very strong subtype. (Warning: crazy Ti theory coming up.)

The ENFp-Fi will have a strong Fi, this suppresses (or weakens) two functions in his mental block (it also impacts his vital block, but I'm not going to get into that right now): his leading Ne function and his PoLR Ti function. Suppression of both his Ne and Ti will lead to an increased expression and strength of his role Se function. To use numbers for demonstrative purposes, we have an ego block of 90% Fi, 10% Ne and a super ego block of 90% Se and 10% Ti. What does this indicate, an ENFp with a strong Fi subtype will begin to resemble an ESFp, or the ENFp's look-a-like. Do the same analysis for the ISTp with the strong Si subtype and you find she/he begins to resemble an ISFp, or his comparative. Now what do you get when you match an ISFp with an ESFp? Nothing great: an extinguishing or contrary relationship. In conclusion if you and your "dual" have strongly conflicting subtypes, maybe the relationship will have problems. In the above case, the ENFp-Fi may want to consider an INTp-Te (assuming he can't find an ISTp-Te).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
    I read the through about 1/3 of this thread and decided to share my two cents in regards to subtype's effect on duality. Note that there is little empiral data to back up what I'm about to say and it very well could be completely off. I will continue to use the ENFp-ISTp example that this thread started with.

Subtype does have an impact on dual relations; this has been stated previously in the thread, and many people have noted that Ne compliments Si, Te compliments Fi, etc. This conclusion fits with classical socionics. Given that, an ENFp-Fi will be best matched with an ISTp-Te. (Note that I believe that the strength of one's subtype is a spectrum, i.e., continuous; thus, one could be balanced between his two leading functions, favor one strongly, weakly, etc.) Great, but what about an ENFp-Fi paried with an ISTp-Si? Well, for the sake of making the example clear, let's say each partner has a very strong subtype. (Warning: crazy Ti theory coming up.)

The ENFp-Fi will have a strong Fi, this suppresses (or weakens) two functions in his mental block (it also impacts his vital block, but I'm not going to get into that right now): his leading Ne function and his PoLR Ti function. Suppression of both his Ne and Ti will lead to an increased expression and strength of his role Se function. To use numbers for demonstrative purposes, we have an ego block of 90% Fi, 10% Ne and a super ego block of 90% Se and 10% Ti. What does this indicate, an ENFp with a strong Fi subtype will begin to resemble an ESFp, or the ENFp's look-a-like. Do the same analysis for the ISTp with the strong Si subtype and you find she/he begins to resemble an ISFp, or his comparative. Now what do you get when you match an ISFp with an ESFp? Nothing great: an extinguishing or contrary relationship. In conclusion if you and your "dual" have strongly conflicting subtypes, maybe the relationship will have problems. In the above case, the ENFp-Fi may want to consider an INTp-Te (assuming he can't find an ISTp-Te).
    Very good point RSV3...

Welcome back to the site...

I look at it the same way as you with the extinguisment/contrast scenario.....no wonder there can be a sense of failure....simply from this phenomena alone....it seems like an uphill struggle. I look at it the same way.

One question i have from that scenario is.....you said 90% Fi and 10 % Ti....does this mean that these 2 I Values must always add up to 100 ?...and the same goes for E ?

Btw..Do you still have that ESFj girlfriend you used to have a while back......wondering what your subtype and hers is/was and if your theory is actually supported by IRL experience?

IMO.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Very good point RSV3...

Welcome back to the site...

I look at it the same way as you with the extinguisment/contrast scenario.....no wonder there can be a sense of failure....simply from this phenomena alone....it seems like an uphill struggle. I look at it the same way.

One question i have from that scenario is.....you said 90% Fi and 10 % Ti....does this mean that these 2 I Values must always add up to 100 ?...and the same goes for E ?

Btw..Do you still have that ESFj girlfriend you used to have a while back......wondering what your subtype and hers is/was and if your theory is actually supported by IRL experience?

IMO.
    Yeah, still have the ESFj girlfriend; my girlfriend seems to have an Fe subtype preference, I think I'm pretty balanced between Ne and Ti, although I'm still thinking about it. It works pretty well.

In regards to what percent goes to which axis: the two ego functions should = 100%; the two super ego functions should = 100%; your leading and role function should = 100%; and your creative and PoLR function should equal 100%. Same goes for the vital block, although I didn't get into it. In essence, having a strong subtype will impact all 8 functions in different ways.

What about you; dating anyone these days? Btw, I think your ENFp-Fi.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question i have from that scenario is.....you said 90&#37; Fi and 10 % Ti....does this mean that these 2 I Values must always add up to 100 ?...and the same goes for E ?

Whoa

His theory is supported IRL by a situation that happened to me last year--it went exactly as described, even down to the exact types-subtypes... Seriously, my mind is blown right now. whoa

Could anyone here give an example of the Te-ISTp subtype?A visual, an interview--please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about you; dating anyone these days? Btw, I think your ENFp-Fi.

No not these days.

What? that would mean that i'm half ENFp and half ESFp ?

I thought you said earlier that i was balanced probably....what made you change your mind?

FYI...i see myself as having the Ne of an ENTp and the Fi of a traditional ENFp.

Eg. I'm probably 80&#37; Ne and 20 % Fi.....this allowes me to have 80% Ti and 20% Se......this too would explain why sometimes i feel that my Ti is stronger than my Fi even though i know in reality it ain't...not from a value perspective.......also i like Si in an ISTp a lot more than Te...just what i noticed.

This scenario too would explai why i get along with your Ti...if i was ESFp more...we would have a harder time of relating as that is in theory your opposite energy....hmm..

Peace.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Whoa

His theory is supported IRL by a situation that happened to me last year--it went exactly as described, even down to the exact types-subtypes... Seriously, my mind is blown right now. whoa

Could anyone here give an example of the Te-ISTp subtype?A visual, an interview--please?
    I have their look in my head. I know what they look like.
    I think that Cyclops might be a Te-ISTp cause we have a bit of an extinguishment thing going on between the 2 of us. I wish he'd post a couple pics so i could say for sure. Also my last girlfriend's mom was a Te-ISTp--it was rather obvious...things were going good and then all of a sudden i started to get shot down and it kind of dragged on psychologically (not that it was that bad but it was certainly a bit of an evident concern)...i'm just talkin about little things when ur around someone......but i never had a problem with the Si types male or female.

Don't forget that there is the balanced(traditional) type too amongst the two other scenarios.

I'll see if i can find someone you actually know in the media....

TTYL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by kensi; 06-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Whoa

JuJu...like i said ...I suspect K.G is one type of Te-ISTp....i know u don;t like the sound of it bro, but thats something you might want to cosider..if you like...nuff said though...

Peace.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not these days.

What? that would mean that i'm half ENFp and half ESFp ?

I thought you said earlier that i was balanced probably....what made you change your mind?

FYI...i see myself as having the Ne of an ENTp and the Fi of a traditional ENFp.

Eg. I'm probably 80% Ne and 20 % Fi.....this allowes me to have 80% Ti and 20% Se......this too would explain why sometimes i feel that my Ti is stronger than my Fi even though i know in reality it ain't...not from a value perspective.......also i like Si in an ISTp a lot more than Te...just what i noticed.

This scenario too would explai why i get along with your Ti...if i was ESFp more...we would have a harder time of relating as that is in theory your opposite energy....hmm..

Peace.
    I'll agree to disagree. :-)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu...like i said ...I suspect K.G is one type of Te-ISTp....i know u don;t like the sound of it bro, but thats something you might want to cosider..if you like...nuff said though...

Peace.
    Haha, can you think of someone else dude? Anyone?

Creepy-Cyclops

Yeah. It's like also in identical relations, it's noted in classical socionics that one partner naturally assumes more E type role and so forth..almost like unconciously they take on the roles of their duals. So this makes me wonder how static the types are..or at least rather to a point how static the sub types are.

Given this example, taking it to ISTp Si and ENFp Fi, I don't see why over time they would adapt their sub types roles accordingly thus creating a more 'perfect' duality. In short - can such a situation therefore impact on an individuals sub type?

What do you think?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool to know my posts are invisible!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're women, Jessica. Our opinions are irrelevant. Now hush and let the men talk.

Kensi: Could you explain to me your perceived difference between ENTp Ne and ENFp Ne?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool to know my posts are invisible!
    Due to the lack of a specific cone-rod configuration in the eyes of male homosapiens, posts originating from the female half of the population generally appear as a berth of blank space, sometimes accompanied with a vague deja vu or claustrophobic sensation though more often passed by obliviously.

This challenge foisted upon him by nature has also provided him with some methods of overcoming this most dastardly obstacle in the way of sustaining his species. For the most part, in spite of his blindness, the male psyche can perceive, as if by some astounding sixth or seventh sense, certain cues which are imparted by the possibly (dis)interested female.

From infancy, males are trained to recognize in textual form the keys to his survival. These become so deeply rooted into the personality that he may sense their presence even though he cannot 'see' it in use. He simply knows. For example, some common triggers which activate this most indubitably astounding prescience are things such as: brownies (preliminary studies suggest mention of any delicious baked food serves as a sufficient stimulus), boobies (again, euphemisms carry), pink socks, and of course any mention of his own greatness, which is never missed. The above post, in failing to incorporate the proper stimuli, is rendered as all but the most discerning male eye would perceive it (with digital enhancement so that the dudes can totally like see what we're talking about).

Perhaps evolution of the species over the course of time has improved man's female-post-reading abilities or maybe this is the result of many years of socialization, but this question inhabits a deeper part of our investigation. One that shall have to rest till another time.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given this example, taking it to ISTp Si and ENFp Fi, I don't see why over time they would adapt their sub types roles accordingly thus creating a more 'perfect' duality.
    What do you think?
    I guess there are 2 theories to take it from:

1. Subtype preference is not changeable....one will naturally have a preference there too....and one must accept it to validate one's own existance in a harmonious interpersonal way whether one is aware of it or not.

2. Subtype preference is changeable.....it is just a temporary preferential stage....as we encounter new people or new situations we develop enough internal frameworks to tilt the lever the other way.

who knows for sure.

I like to think it's #1 for good reasons and #2 only provides for temporal impressions of change...but hey...that's me.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kensi, you mentioned ENTp Ne earlier to contrast with ENFp Ne. What's do you feel the difference is?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    We're women, Jessica. Our opinions are irrelevant. Now hush and let the men talk.

Kensi: Could you explain to me your perceived difference between ENTp Ne and ENFp Ne?
    I would love to.

Its alot like the Edmonton Oilers and the Ottawa Senators...we're both Canadian Hockey Teams and understand the tradition involved yet we are different as we have to compete in U.S. Markets too and with one another...haha. So they are the same in some ways and yet different based on their modifiers used.

But seriously...RSV3 should have the first shot in this explanation as it should be a mainstream one...and he's a little bit better at explaining Classical Socionics and its mainstream derivations.

RSV3...u there?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is that a difference in Ne or the way that Ne is used in conjunction with Fi or Ti?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kensi, you mentioned ENTp Ne earlier to contrast with ENFp Ne. What's do you feel the difference is?
    In short...because Ne in ENFp becomes very high...Fi gets very low....and thus Ti in the superego has a great presence....this gives the impression of a more dominant Ne and Ti connection. This would be one way to explain it...but not the only way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is that a difference in Ne or the way that Ne is used in conjunction with Fi or Ti?

Its abit of a tough call...i suppose either case can be argued. My views from time to time tend to be a little bit underground rather than mainstream( that's not to say that i don't try to keep them as much mainstream as possible)......

RSV3 will probably better explain the Mainstream concensus on that one...assuming there actually is one..

RSV3 u there, man?

...anyways i gotta make one more post...and i gotta run here....i'll be in later on this evening.

TTYS.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In short...because Ne in ENFp becomes very high...Fi gets very low....and thus Ti in the superego has a great presence....this gives the impression of a more dominant Ne and Ti connection. This would be one way to explain it...but not the only way.
    Would like to reword that in a way that builds a cohesive point? That doesn't tell me a difference between Ne in each type. It only seems to say that Ne-ENFps will resemble Ne-ENTps, which is fairly easy to deduce.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. It's like also in identical relations, it's noted in classical socionics that one partner naturally assumes more E type role and so forth..almost like unconciously they take on the roles of their duals. So this makes me wonder how static the types are..or at least rather to a point how static the sub types are.

Given this example, taking it to ISTp Si and ENFp Fi, I don't see why over time they would adapt their sub types roles accordingly thus creating a more 'perfect' duality. In short - can such a situation therefore impact on an individuals sub type?

What do you think?
    Hmm, you would need to assume that a person's subtype preference can change; I've wondered whether it can change for quite a while but am starting to think it doesn't really change over the long run (obviously sometimes you can prefer a certain function over another for short periods of time), but I don't really have too strong an opinion on that, so maybe it does change. I have noticed the identical relationship where one person becomes more E or more I IRL.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, you would need to assume that a person's subtype preference can change; I've wondered whether it can change for quite a while but am starting to think it doesn't really change over the long run (obviously sometimes you can prefer a certain function over another for short periods of time), but I don't really have too strong an opinion on that, so maybe it does change. I have noticed the identical relationship where one person becomes more E or more I IRL.
    Hey RSV3--this question is to you and everyone--do you know of any examples of famous ppl (from any walk of life, politics, sports, film w/e) who you would classify as Te-ISTp..?

I'd been thinking that Hayden Christensen (the actor in the Star Wars movies) was a good example of Te-ISTp, but I'd need some more examples to recognize the type more easily.

P.S. Sirena, did you ever see that ISTp-ENFp duality 'dyad' write-up? That's the writing that describes ISTp-ENFp duality as the most "fragile" dual relationship... I'll try to find it and post it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like to reword that in a way that builds a cohesive point? That doesn't tell me a difference between Ne in each type. It only seems to say that Ne-ENFps will resemble Ne-ENTps, which is fairly easy to deduce.
    Is there a pic of you hidden somewhere in this forum...maybe i can tell you which type you resemble..huh..?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, you would need to assume
    Hey RSV3...take this test and let me know what you scored...

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta_turbo.html

Instant Message me.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've already said that I resemble either alpha SF or EII. EII is absolutely ludicrous, but one other person has suggested alpha SF. I wasn't interested in a typing though, I'm just trying to understand what you mean when you say different Ne's with ENXp types.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've already said that I resemble either alpha SF or EII. EII is absolutely ludicrous, but one other person has suggested alpha SF. I wasn't interested in a typing though, I'm just trying to understand what you mean when you say different Ne's with ENXp types.
    Me confoosed

......your signature says ILE.

Just checkin the pic out....
    Are you the one with the Brown eyes, Blue Eyes, Or Green ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast