Thread: anti-baby pills and type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default anti-baby pills and type

Can birth control pills change the type of female?

Reason for asking: I took them for years and now I stopped. I re-took many tests and it appears that I have become more sensing. I used to be strongly intuitive, but now I'm on the border. Even slightly more to the sensing side.

How they work: A pregnant person can't get pregnant. Pills fool the body to think that it's already carrying a baby. Pills have hormones in them and it is known that they might influence the mood of the female. Some get depressed or have mood swings when they take them.

Interesting fact: the perception of body smells changes. When you like the smell of someone while you are taking birth control pills, you should stop taking them before you get married. You might not like him/her after you stop taking them. And you get the healthiest children with the person with a "good smell".
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, birth control pills cannot make you any less of a whore.

EDIT: j/k

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They turned me into a psycho. Different pills made me different degrees of psycho.

I was between pill brands when I met my husband. Just as well, then.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birth control pills can affect one for than you'd think. They do mess with your endocrine system after all. I don't think they can change your type... perhaps your perception of your yourself and your life, but not your actual type. BTW, I like the patch better. Less sickness, much more covenient.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, the side-effects were minimal. I would rather say that I have more mood swings now. Pills kept my hormonal balance quite low.

I feel a slight difference. Now I am worried that my type has always been something else that I thought it was. ..."What do you mean I'm ISTj?! I have been going around and saying I was INTj, don't I feel stupid now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    And yeah, I read somewhere about how the BC Pills affect your perception of, uh...guy scents. So I guess that means that if you're on the pill, you'll be more likely to choose a guy that's less genetically compatible with you.
    That was actually the reason I stopped taking them. I wanted to remember what my boyfriend really smells like.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Creepy-pokeball

guy scent?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: anti-baby pills and type

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

Reason for asking: I took them for years and now I stopped. I re-took many tests and it appears that I have become more sensing. I used to be strongly intuitive, but now I'm on the border. Even slightly more to the sensing side.

How they work: A pregnant person can't get pregnant. Pills fool the body to think that it's already carrying a baby. Pills have hormones in them and it is known that they might influence the mood of the female. Some get depressed or have mood swings when they take them.

Interesting fact: the perception of body smells changes. When you like the smell of someone while you are taking birth control pills, you should stop taking them before you get married. You might not like him/her after you stop taking them. And you get the healthiest children with the person with a "good smell".
    it could be screwing with your right brain side. since that's the intuitive half, and i think smells work there as well. the pills could be shorting out circuits in the brain. so you could be losing some intuition, you could always experiment.

near as i can tell, actually being pregnant, mother's tend to become more intuitive - so the pills might be doing something.

taking tests however, the answers you get may not be what's really happening. do you still have the "feeling" about someone, something, etc? the questions on those tests assume that intuition covers other things (like understanding something quickly), i don't count that as intuition in it's truest sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, the side-effects were minimal. I would rather say that I have more mood swings now. Pills kept my hormonal balance quite low.

I feel a slight difference. Now I am worried that my type has always been something else that I thought it was. ..."What do you mean I'm ISTj?! I have been going around and saying I was INTj, don't I feel stupid now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    And yeah, I read somewhere about how the BC Pills affect your perception of, uh...guy scents. So I guess that means that if you're on the pill, you'll be more likely to choose a guy that's less genetically compatible with you.
    That was actually the reason I stopped taking them. I wanted to remember what my boyfriend really smells like.
    you can feel dumb if you want. i've seen people claim they were ISTJ, then a month later an INTP, then a year later, suddenly they leaped to a ESFJ - as if it was a score of some kind.

you may never have been an intj, so your not as rare as you think - so what? the answers for each type are never perfectly accurate anyway. and you might have been borderline this whole time.

or.... the mood swings your having is changing the way you would normally answer the questions. this why these tests are inaccurate. it's so easy to change your answers based on how you feel. you could be falling in love, and you become an F. you could sit in the corner of the room during a party (because your not feeling well), but when asked, you answer that's where you sat. instead of saying that on a normal day, your in the center of the room, standing on a table, swinging your shirt over your head, jumping on top of people.

it's all a state of mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...unless birth control pills actually alter the physical structure of a brain, I would highly doubt that they change type.
    Lyricist

"Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    near as i can tell, actually being pregnant, mother's tend to become more intuitive - so the pills might be doing something.
    Extremely good point. That would explain why I tested more intuitive. About 30% more intuitive than now.

you may never have been an intj, so your not as rare as you think - so what? the answers for each type are never perfectly accurate anyway. and you might have been borderline this whole time.
    I liked to be special!

or.... the mood swings your having is changing the way you would normally answer the questions. this why these tests are inaccurate. it's so easy to change your answers based on how you feel. you could be falling in love, and you become an F. you could sit in the corner of the room during a party (because your not feeling well), but when asked, you answer that's where you sat. instead of saying that on a normal day, your in the center of the room, standing on a table, swinging your shirt over your head, jumping on top of people.

Also true. I tested ENTj on one of the tests. But I know that's just because I was home alone and bored/lonely. "Do you value solitude? Hell no!....Do you prefer being around other people to being alone? Mmmm people. Yeah! I'd like some people here.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pbbbt ... judging the genetic quality of a man by the way he smells is total bullshit. I think it has to do with how well a man takes care of himself and cleans and uses deoderant.

Hell, not even I would want to be around a woman who did not wash or put on deoderant. But to say someone is less healthy genetically because of it? Total bullcrap ... smell has to do with bacteria anyhow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    Extremely good point. That would explain why I tested more intuitive. About 30% more intuitive than now.

I liked to be special!
    though it's neat to be totally unique, it's a pain too. finding someone you can be with, or be happy with may be impossible. every test i take that shows personality, brain type etc - almost always shows me at about 1% of the world. for the heck of it i joined OKcupid, i get these "compatible" matches in my mail. most are a 12% match, and most are about 300 miles away from me. oddly though, i'm only a 30% match to myself, so their scale may be off.

Also true. I tested ENTj on one of the tests. But I know that's just because I was home alone and bored/lonely. "Do you value solitude? Hell no!....Do you prefer being around other people to being alone? Mmmm people. Yeah! I'd like some people here.
    the last two questions are extroverted answers. i rather be alone in my room then going to a party at night. people in general bother me, too much stuff going on, bothers me. a lot of stuff bugs me. basically the best way to know if your an I or an E - if you are in a party with a bunch of people, music, lights etc - do you feel energy? or do you feel drained?

also your current mood may be other things. you could be getting the flu, and the blood sugars may be messing you up. other med's might be screwing with you. or a bad reaction to the pills your taking, withdrawl symptoms. or hidden therapy related issues that may be going on in the background. or perhaps, even with the pills - you are pregnant, and that's messing with your mind. never know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Pbbbt ... judging the genetic quality of a man by the way he smells is total bullshit. I think it has to do with how well a man takes care of himself and cleans and uses deoderant.

Hell, not even I would want to be around a woman who did not wash or put on deoderant. But to say someone is less healthy genetically because of it? Total bullcrap ... smell has to do with bacteria anyhow.
    i don't know about that. dogs can sense or smell cancer supposedly. and i think your breath can tell you if you have different problems in the body.

but as far as scent goes - i guess it can happen. people do have a natural scene, a pheramone maybe. babies have that natural gross smell, that mother's seem to love. so i guess it's possible that people do have a scent - without the bacterial thing. because if they have that kind of grossness, be glad the smell has changed. it's for the better.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

Well, there are the smells that you can't really smell. Pheromones etc. Anyway, you only think that because you're a man

Women tend to have more developed temporal lobes (isn't oestrogen great?) and hence have a better sense of smell. Female mammals at least can smell the difference between their offspring and the others.

It's also not so much the genetic quality as it is their immune system that women "sniff out".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is meant by 'liking the smell' is not whether the person smells fragrant or not. it's the body smell. the natural smell - the sweat. it was found in a study that women preferred the smell of men's sweat who have the opposite immune system 'configuration' to themselves, and children from such combined matches tend to be healthier - probably because more varied gene combinations?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    what is meant by 'liking the smell' is not whether the person smells fragrant or not. it's the body smell. the natural smell - the sweat. it was found in a study that women preferred the smell of men's sweat who have the opposite immune system 'configuration' to themselves, and children from such combined matches tend to be healthier - probably because more varied gene combinations?
    Yeah; there is also a strange thing that I have observed, that is - when you're a bit sweaty - not too much, just like after a shower after working out - women will be more attracted to you...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all are explaining it better than I could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    it was found in a study that women preferred the smell of men's sweat who have the opposite immune system 'configuration' to themselves, and children from such combined matches tend to be healthier - probably because more varied gene combinations?
    But when women are pregnant, they start preferring people with similar immune systems. They are very drawn to their family members for protection and support.

I'm not sure whether people feel the immune system through pheromones or through the smell of the sweat. Maybe certain pheromones make the woman feel repulsed and the woman connects it with the smell of the sweat. I have had moments, when I'm near someone and I just find him repulsive! Not because of the looks, but because of the smell. And he didn't look dirty. He looked like he was wearing generally clean clothes but they also looked damp with sweat. I have been around sweaty people, but that was too much! My boyfriends smells better with high fever than that guy at a party feeling too hot and sweating.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure they can, especially if after you take them your boyfriend fucks your brains out...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer
    Sure they can, especially if after you take them your boyfriend fucks your brains out...
    That's nasty and it sounds so unintelligent. Try to be nicer and try to stay on the topic.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Creepy-pokeball

Is there info for all of this? This is new to me and sounds quite strange! lol

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

eeek! I found it. Thx =) It's a one liner on this page for anyone else that missed it...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I posted a link to a little bit of info. but I don't think anyone looked at it.
    I looked at it. (and not just now... I looked at it yesterday). It mentions quite many different tests.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i confess. i didn't look at the link. but i subsribe to a science and research magazine and these studies were featured sometime last year, i think. which is how i know.