Thread: neat freaks

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default neat freaks

I know ISFjs have a reputation for being neat freaks, but the ESTjs I've known have been much fussier about neatness than the ISFjs... the ISFjs are actually more likely to clean everything at once than to stay of top of cleaning and never allow any messes. I realize that this can be a largely individual thing, but I do think certain types are more prone to being neat freaks than others. ESTj makes sense for being one of the most, if not the most, "neat freak" type.

What types are the neat freaks you know?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default neat freaks

I know ISFjs have a reputation for being neat freaks, but the ESTjs I've known have been much fussier about neatness than the ISFjs... the ISFjs are actually more likely to clean everything at once than to stay of top of cleaning and never allow any messes. I realize that this can be a largely individual thing, but I do think certain types are more prone to being neat freaks than others. ESTj makes sense for being one of the most, if not the most, "neat freak" type.

What types are the neat freaks you know?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJs in general, ISFp-Si, and INFj-Fi.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJs in general, ISFp-Si, and INFj-Fi.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most ISFjs I know are not really neat freaks, it's ESFjs that are
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mum is a neat freak. Lol. I find it hilarious. Mum ='I'm going to make a rota so that everyone shares in doing the housework every weekend'.... Me ='Sure, sure...' *Goes back to bedroom and logs onto computer*.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Mum is a neat freak. Lol. I find it hilarious. Mum ='I'm going to make a rota so that everyone shares in doing the housework every weekend'.... Me ='Sure, sure...' *Goes back to bedroom and logs onto computer*.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESTj father is without a doubt the biggest neat freak I've come across.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ESTj father is without a doubt the biggest neat freak I've come across.
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    you should take a look at my daughter's room...cleaning it or organizing anything is her most feared task

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    you should take a look at my daughter's room...cleaning it or organizing anything is her most feared task

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not a neat freak but i can't stand clutter. my estj mom is in fact a neat freak, as is my intj brother.

NOT: infp's, estp's, enfp's, and esfp's.

ILE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not a neat freak but i can't stand clutter. my estj mom is in fact a neat freak, as is my intj brother.

NOT: infp's, estp's, enfp's, and esfp's.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a neat freak, I'm just prefer for things to be clean.
    EII

I'll tell you what

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a neat freak, I'm just prefer for things to be clean.
    EII

I'll tell you what

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Si-creatives definitely win this one. EJ temperment gives desire to create order, plus concern for physical harmony, cleanliness, and practicality; thus, creating and maintaining order in matters of physical harmony, cleanliness, and practicality. Sounds like a neat-freak to me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Si-creatives definitely win this one. EJ temperment gives desire to create order, plus concern for physical harmony, cleanliness, and practicality; thus, creating and maintaining order in matters of physical harmony, cleanliness, and practicality. Sounds like a neat-freak to me.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    I agree. Si EJs win this one.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    I agree. Si EJs win this one.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... which type is the least likely to be a 'neat freak'? INTp?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    ENTj.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my breakdown... keep in mind that environmental factors play a huge role in this type of thing though. There will be a lot of people who are different than many other people of their type. Also, life stages play a huge role, too. Most teenagers and many young people are going to be messier than those who are in different life stages. That said:

There are different reasons for/types of cleanliness. Sanitation, functionality, organization, and aesthetics/comfort. Different types are concerned with different aspects of cleanliness. I think ESTjs are most likely to be concerned with every area I listed, so imo they're the worst of the "neat freaks". Rational types are likely to value organization, but they don't necessarily need things to appear aesthetically pleasing (depending on other factors). Si types will want to make their surroundings comfortable, whatever that may mean to them. Ne dominants appreciate comfortable surroundings but may not be great at staying on top of chores to avoid clutter. Ne creative types also appreciate comfortable surroundings, but may be more likely to try to keep their things organized, particularly INTjs. I think Te dominants are more likely to care about order for the sake of functionality and Fe dominants are more likely to care about order for the sake of appearance, in case someone stops by unexpectedly, or because of their role, such as wife or mother (oh no, Joy said "Fe"! let the bitching commence!). Ti types may want their work and living areas to be systematized and structured, just like their thinking, particular Ti dominants. Ni dominants may very well be the types who care least about the state of their surroundings, but I dunno. Si PoLR types care to some extent, but not enough to stay right on top of chores. I think Si PoLR types are also likely to be perfectionists, wanting something they're cleaning to be spotless when they're through, and as a result might put chores off because they know the chore will require a lot of effort to be completed to their liking. I think introverts are more likely to concern themselves with their belongings or the areas that are most important to them because these things are something of an extension of their inner state. Extroverts aren't as discriminant, and while everyone's surroundings are a reflection of their inner state to some extent, I think extroverts' inner states are more likely to be influenced by their surroundings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my breakdown... keep in mind that environmental factors play a huge role in this type of thing though. There will be a lot of people who are different than many other people of their type. Also, life stages play a huge role, too. Most teenagers and many young people are going to be messier than those who are in different life stages. That said:

There are different reasons for/types of cleanliness. Sanitation, functionality, organization, and aesthetics/comfort. Different types are concerned with different aspects of cleanliness. I think ESTjs are most likely to be concerned with every area I listed, so imo they're the worst of the "neat freaks". Rational types are likely to value organization, but they don't necessarily need things to appear aesthetically pleasing (depending on other factors). Si types will want to make their surroundings comfortable, whatever that may mean to them. Ne dominants appreciate comfortable surroundings but may not be great at staying on top of chores to avoid clutter. Ne creative types also appreciate comfortable surroundings, but may be more likely to try to keep their things organized, particularly INTjs. I think Te dominants are more likely to care about order for the sake of functionality and Fe dominants are more likely to care about order for the sake of appearance, in case someone stops by unexpectedly, or because of their role, such as wife or mother (oh no, Joy said "Fe"! let the bitching commence!). Ti types may want their work and living areas to be systematized and structured, just like their thinking, particular Ti dominants. Ni dominants may very well be the types who care least about the state of their surroundings, but I dunno. Si PoLR types care to some extent, but not enough to stay right on top of chores. I think Si PoLR types are also likely to be perfectionists, wanting something they're cleaning to be spotless when they're through, and as a result might put chores off because they know the chore will require a lot of effort to be completed to their liking. I think introverts are more likely to concern themselves with their belongings or the areas that are most important to them because these things are something of an extension of their inner state. Extroverts aren't as discriminant, and while everyone's surroundings are a reflection of their inner state to some extent, I think extroverts' inner states are more likely to be influenced by their surroundings.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ENTj.
    lol that could very well be... they may want things to be neat, but they don't want to have to be the one to worry about it

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ENTj.
    lol that could very well be... they may want things to be neat, but they don't want to have to be the one to worry about it

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, LIEs are EJs, which, as Joy said, means that they definitely have some concern for order, and organization around the home is one of these things; they aren't indifferent, but would rather it just "happen" (exactly what they get from ESIs: an LSE or ESE would probably "enlist" an EII or LII into helping them clean, while an ESI or LSI would more likely just do it and get it done with). I would say the types with the least regard for organization of this kind would be either Ne EPs or Ni IPs.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, LIEs are EJs, which, as Joy said, means that they definitely have some concern for order, and organization around the home is one of these things; they aren't indifferent, but would rather it just "happen" (exactly what they get from ESIs: an LSE or ESE would probably "enlist" an EII or LII into helping them clean, while an ESI or LSI would more likely just do it and get it done with). I would say the types with the least regard for organization of this kind would be either Ne EPs or Ni IPs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger I used to be extremely messy. When I turned about 17 or 18 though, I started to feel physically uncomfortable if my surroundings were messy, so since then I've made an effort to keep things relatively tidy around me. I only care about my own stuff though, I couldn't care less about other people's mess. I think the worst thing for me is to have loads of papers scattered all over my desk. I don't mind having lots of clutter, as long as it's sorted into piles of some sort.

As for maintaining tidiness.. I tend to suddenly notice after some time that it's become messy again (usually with regards to my stuff at home) and then spend some time tidying it all up. This usually happens once every few weeks or so.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was younger I used to be extremely messy. When I turned about 17 or 18 though, I started to feel physically uncomfortable if my surroundings were messy, so since then I've made an effort to keep things relatively tidy around me. I only care about my own stuff though, I couldn't care less about other people's mess. I think the worst thing for me is to have loads of papers scattered all over my desk. I don't mind having lots of clutter, as long as it's sorted into piles of some sort.

As for maintaining tidiness.. I tend to suddenly notice after some time that it's become messy again (usually with regards to my stuff at home) and then spend some time tidying it all up. This usually happens once every few weeks or so.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really messy However I can stand my own messiness better than other people's messiness. It is a controlled mess I make . Sometimes we have guests over night who are really messy and it seems to bug me a bit as they make a mess in the wrong way. You could say I kind of expect other people to be less messy than me in order to balance me. If I meet someone who is more messy than me I sort of start to act the opposite I usually do to counter all that chaos and can't be my messy self

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really messy However I can stand my own messiness better than other people's messiness. It is a controlled mess I make . Sometimes we have guests over night who are really messy and it seems to bug me a bit as they make a mess in the wrong way. You could say I kind of expect other people to be less messy than me in order to balance me. If I meet someone who is more messy than me I sort of start to act the opposite I usually do to counter all that chaos and can't be my messy self

Creepy-bg

I'm like a walking disaster zone creator... everywhere I go mess is sure to follow. Part of the problem is that my hands have a mind of their own and are usually pretty hyper. Without thinking about it I tend to shred and tear apart anything near me into little pieces. I usually don't notice this until I get up and see the confetti that's surrounding where I was sitting. Also when I'm finished with things like soda cans, food wrappers or cigarrete butts I tend to just throw them off to the side and never think about them again. Add on top of all this my enjoyment of smoking the pot and you've got little piles of seeds and stems and cashed out half smoked bowls lying all over the place on most surfaces of my room. It's pretty funny when I'm over at my ex's visiting because she just kind of follows around picking up after me without a word because she's so used to my ways (and she's a bit of a cleaning freak) That part of our relationship actually worked out really well because I gave her something to clean (she needs that or she starts screwing with her body compulsively) and she made sure I didn't end up in the middle of a pigsty of shredded paper and empty soda cans lol

Creepy-bg

I'm like a walking disaster zone creator... everywhere I go mess is sure to follow. Part of the problem is that my hands have a mind of their own and are usually pretty hyper. Without thinking about it I tend to shred and tear apart anything near me into little pieces. I usually don't notice this until I get up and see the confetti that's surrounding where I was sitting. Also when I'm finished with things like soda cans, food wrappers or cigarrete butts I tend to just throw them off to the side and never think about them again. Add on top of all this my enjoyment of smoking the pot and you've got little piles of seeds and stems and cashed out half smoked bowls lying all over the place on most surfaces of my room. It's pretty funny when I'm over at my ex's visiting because she just kind of follows around picking up after me without a word because she's so used to my ways (and she's a bit of a cleaning freak) That part of our relationship actually worked out really well because I gave her something to clean (she needs that or she starts screwing with her body compulsively) and she made sure I didn't end up in the middle of a pigsty of shredded paper and empty soda cans lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people I know who are most "neat freaky" are ESTj and ESFj.

Some people are as a result of upbringing rather than type. Or partially upbringing and partially type. But as far as natural need to have their spaces very very neat, ESxj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people are as a result of upbringing rather than type. Or partially upbringing and partially type. But as far as natural need to have their spaces very very neat, ESxj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

If you subtract my father and just a few other guys I know then I totally agree.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom

If you subtract my father and just a few other guys I know then I totally agree.
    I know an ESFj guy who isn't a neat freak by any means, but I think it's because he's a guy... not that it should matter, but I think in his mind it does.

When I visited Peter's parents over Christmas his dad told me about how Peter kept his room really neat and clean from the time he was a little kid forward.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast