Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

Can someone help me find my type? I've read a little bit on socionics and looked through some of the posts on here, but it's hard for me let go of the Myers-Briggs stuff I learned in psych class, so I'm not really sure where I fit in the socionics model.

About me:
    - I always come out INTJ on MBTI, but I think the J might just be how the questions are phrased.
    - I love creative stuff (art, writing, and so on), but I'm more confident in my math/science abilities.
    - I got a BS in engineering & management (the mgmt part was because I thought straight engineering would be too boring), then got an MBA because I didn't want to leave school, then started a PhD in environmental engineering. I quit the doctoral program after a year and a half - for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it was too much work that just wasn't interesting to me.
    - I'm very lazy, but I manage to get away with it pretty well because 1) I'm smart, 2) people like me (for some reason), and 3) I care enough about success and what people think that I'm occasionally prodded by fear into being productive.
    - I am a software designer at an insurance company - but I'm not really qualified for the job. I started as a technical writer, and they've just kept me around. I learn as I do.
    - I'm a student in a theatre program. My acting instructor's take on my acting style is "believable but boring" - basically, I can't be demonstratively emotional.
    - I tend to be fairly unemotional in general - I have been called "heartless" (jokingly, I think) by close friends and family.
    - I have lots of interests that wax and wane, and when I'm interested in something, that's all I want to think about. I end up with lots of unfinished projects because eventually the passion dies or I get interested in something else.
    - I like people (generally), but I have no idea how to start a conversation, so in groups I play solitaire or something until someone decides to talk to me. I tend to be a bit arrogant, but I sometimes play the helpless damsel in distress if it'll help me get what I want (with the least amount of effort).

Um, anyway, thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me

Can someone help me find my type? I've read a little bit on socionics and looked through some of the posts on here, but it's hard for me let go of the Myers-Briggs stuff I learned in psych class, so I'm not really sure where I fit in the socionics model.

About me:
    - I always come out INTJ on MBTI, but I think the J might just be how the questions are phrased.
    - I love creative stuff (art, writing, and so on), but I'm more confident in my math/science abilities.
    - I got a BS in engineering & management (the mgmt part was because I thought straight engineering would be too boring), then got an MBA because I didn't want to leave school, then started a PhD in environmental engineering. I quit the doctoral program after a year and a half - for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it was too much work that just wasn't interesting to me.
    - I'm very lazy, but I manage to get away with it pretty well because 1) I'm smart, 2) people like me (for some reason), and 3) I care enough about success and what people think that I'm occasionally prodded by fear into being productive.
    - I am a software designer at an insurance company - but I'm not really qualified for the job. I started as a technical writer, and they've just kept me around. I learn as I do.
    - I'm a student in a theatre program. My acting instructor's take on my acting style is "believable but boring" - basically, I can't be demonstratively emotional.
    - I tend to be fairly unemotional in general - I have been called "heartless" (jokingly, I think) by close friends and family.
    - I have lots of interests that wax and wane, and when I'm interested in something, that's all I want to think about. I end up with lots of unfinished projects because eventually the passion dies or I get interested in something else.
    - I like people (generally), but I have no idea how to start a conversation, so in groups I play solitaire or something until someone decides to talk to me. I tend to be a bit arrogant, but I sometimes play the helpless damsel in distress if it'll help me get what I want (with the least amount of effort).

Um, anyway, thoughts?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INXj.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INXj.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INTj is a good possibility.

I have no idea how to start a conversation
    This part makes me think weak Fe, making INFj less likely.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INTj is a good possibility.

I have no idea how to start a conversation
    This part makes me think weak Fe, making INFj less likely.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp, based on the information that's been presented so far (INTj makes sense, too)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp, based on the information that's been presented so far (INTj makes sense, too)
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti dominant
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti dominant
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The writing style and structure of the self-presentation is more typical of an INTp than of an INTj. For example this part also point in that direction:

Quote Originally Posted by 2sw33t
    And this part strongly suggests INTp>INTj:

If not INTp, then ENTp is more likely than INTj.

I guess that you are more of a natural born "night owl" than a "morning bird", 2sw33t. Right?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The writing style and structure of the self-presentation is more typical of an INTp than of an INTj. For example this part also point in that direction:

And this part strongly suggests INTp>INTj:

I guess that you are more of a natural born "night owl" than a "morning bird", 2sw33t. Right?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Correction: Your test results are hard to explain if you are an ENTp, 2sw33t, so I take my statement back. That means that your most likely type -- based on the information you have provided so far -- is INTp (ILI).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction: Your test results are hard to explain if you are an ENTp, 2sw33t, so I take my statement back. That means that your most likely type -- based on the information you have provided so far -- is INTp (ILI).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity... where are you seeing Fi > Fe and Te > Ti?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ or INTP

Lazy and unfinished projects because of switching interests sounds like INTP.
    The rest of the story sounds like INTJ.

so there's one simple question I would like to have answerd.

Which gives you most stress, makes you feel most unease?
    - if you have no appointments made for the weekend and you have all the options open.
    - if all appointments are planned and decided in advance for your weekend.

by the way, have you done this test, it's pretty accurate for getting your SocionicsType according to many people on this forum. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTJ or INTP

Lazy and unfinished projects because of switching interests sounds like INTP.
    The rest of the story sounds like INTJ.

so there's one simple question I would like to have answerd.

Which gives you most stress, makes you feel most unease?
    - if you have no appointments made for the weekend and you have all the options open.
    - if all appointments are planned and decided in advance for your weekend.

by the way, have you done this test, it's pretty accurate for getting your SocionicsType according to many people on this forum. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Phaedrus, INTp. (Te subtype maybe)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Phaedrus, INTp. (Te subtype maybe)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole J vs. P line of reasoning needs to eat shit and die.

Temperaments? Fine.

Functions? Yes.

Fucking J vs. P? No. Stop.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This whole J vs. P line of reasoning needs to eat shit and die.

Temperaments? Fine.

Functions? Yes.

Fucking J vs. P? No. Stop.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't approach the problem that way. Especially to decide Fi>Fe or Fe>Fi based on this small amount of information would be just a totally wild guess that has practically no value. But to list all those personal facts in that way can be seen as indicating Te>Ti, don't you agree?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't approach the problem that way. Especially to decide Fi>Fe or Fe>Fi based on this small amount of information would be just a totally wild guess that has practically no value. But to list all those personal facts in that way can be seen as indicating Te>Ti, don't you agree?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type me

This is next to irrelevant in regards to socionics types.

This doesn't tell us much.

- I got a BS in engineering & management (the mgmt part was because I thought straight engineering would be too boring), then got an MBA because I didn't want to leave school, then started a PhD in environmental engineering.
    Getting a degree simply because she didn't want to leave school suggests either weak or unvalued Te.

I quit the doctoral program after a year and a half - for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it was too much work that just wasn't interesting to me.
    This isn't necessarily type related. If it is, ENTp makes at least as much sense as INTp.

- I'm very lazy, but I manage to get away with it pretty well because 1) I'm smart, 2) people like me (for some reason)
    Lazy in regards to what sort of activity? Overall? Is it a temperament quality or is it related to other things besides socionics, such as low energy or depression?

and 3) I care enough about success and what people think that I'm occasionally prodded by fear into being productive.
    How the HELL is this an INTp trait? It suggests just the opposite, imo.

This isn't necessarily type related. There's not enough information there to know if it is.

This suggests she does not have Fe in her ego block.

This also suggests she does not have Fe in her ego block. More information is required to determine anything beyond that.

This is an ENTp trait according to the descriptions, but it's certainly not exclusive to ENTps. It could suggest Ne, and it could suggest interest-protecting/obstinance.

More information is required to link these things to types or functions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I got a BS in engineering & management (the mgmt part was because I thought straight engineering would be too boring), then got an MBA because I didn't want to leave school, then started a PhD in environmental engineering.
    Getting a degree simply because she didn't want to leave school suggests either weak or unvalued Te.

I quit the doctoral program after a year and a half - for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it was too much work that just wasn't interesting to me.
    This isn't necessarily type related. If it is, ENTp makes at least as much sense as INTp.

- I'm very lazy, but I manage to get away with it pretty well because 1) I'm smart, 2) people like me (for some reason)
    Lazy in regards to what sort of activity? Overall? Is it a temperament quality or is it related to other things besides socionics, such as low energy or depression?

and 3) I care enough about success and what people think that I'm occasionally prodded by fear into being productive.

This isn't necessarily type related. There's not enough information there to know if it is.

This also suggests she does not have Fe in her ego block. More information is required to determine anything beyond that.

This is an ENTp trait according to the descriptions, but it's certainly not exclusive to ENTps. It could suggest Ne, and it could suggest interest-protecting/obstinance.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't approach the problem that way. Especially to decide Fi>Fe or Fe>Fi based on this small amount of information would be just a totally wild guess that has practically no value.
    Perhaps. I see some evidence of Fe > Fi, but it's by no means certain.

But to list all those personal facts in that way can be seen as indicating Te>Ti, don't you agree?
    We all use all of our functions. The format of the post does not in itself indicate a Te > Ti preference.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't approach the problem that way. Especially to decide Fi>Fe or Fe>Fi based on this small amount of information would be just a totally wild guess that has practically no value.
    Perhaps. I see some evidence of Fe > Fi, but it's by no means certain.

But to list all those personal facts in that way can be seen as indicating Te>Ti, don't you agree?
    We all use all of our functions. The format of the post does not in itself indicate a Te > Ti preference.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The format of the post does not in itself indicate a Te > Ti preference.
    I don't make a strong claim that it does. It was you who brought up the question of functions preferences. My only point here is that I see no evidence at all for a Ti>Te preference, and my overall impression based on the style of writing, the structure of the post and its content is still the same. It suggests INTp rather than INTj.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The format of the post does not in itself indicate a Te > Ti preference.
    I don't make a strong claim that it does. It was you who brought up the question of functions preferences. My only point here is that I see no evidence at all for a Ti>Te preference, and my overall impression based on the style of writing, the structure of the post and its content is still the same. It suggests INTp rather than INTj.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That deserves death, I'm afraid.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That deserves death, I'm afraid.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it is not irrelevant. For all practical purposes the four scales are almost identical in Socionics and MBTI. If you get a clear INTJ result in an MBTI test, you have got a test result that strongly indicates the same type in Socionics, that is the INTj, because the test result indicates the same relevant personality traits. In this case, however, it is claimed that the last dichotomy (J/P) in the test result might not be altogether trustworthy, and that is also very typical for an INTp by the way. And based on the test results many types can be ruled out as impossible, for example the ESFp.

No, it doesn't.

Why? I think it suggests irrationality>rationality, but probably not more than that.

It is type related, and again it suggests irrationality. You are right that ENTp makes as much sense as INTp, but it probably suggests Np>Sp.

Good questions. We need to know more about that, and also if you are a night owl or a morning bird by temperament.

Please note the bolded parts. It surely does not indicate the opposite (ESFj) anyway. To avoid unnecessary trouble is not untypical of the IP temperament.

Agreed.

Correct.

It is typical of ENXps, but is also not untypical of INXps. It suggests irrationality and Ne or Ni as leading function.

Yes, but if we should try to make a qualified quess anyway, it fits the INTp hypothesis at least as well as any other hypothesis, because what is described is typical INTp behaviour -- both in real life and according to type descriptions.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it is not irrelevant. For all practical purposes the four scales are almost identical in Socionics and MBTI. If you get a clear INTJ result in an MBTI test, you have got a test result that strongly indicates the same type in Socionics, that is the INTj, because the test result indicates the same relevant personality traits. In this case, however, it is claimed that the last dichotomy (J/P) in the test result might not be altogether trustworthy, and that is also very typical for an INTp by the way. And based on the test results many types can be ruled out as impossible, for example the ESFp.

No, it doesn't.

Why? I think it suggests irrationality>rationality, but probably not more than that.

It is type related, and again it suggests irrationality. You are right that ENTp makes as much sense as INTp, but it probably suggests Np>Sp.

Good questions. We need to know more about that, and also if you are a night owl or a morning bird by temperament.

Please note the bolded parts. It surely does not indicate the opposite (ESFj) anyway. To avoid unnecessary trouble is not untypical of the IP temperament.

Agreed.

Correct.

It is typical of ENXps, but is also not untypical of INXps. It suggests irrationality and Ne or Ni as leading function.

Yes, but if we should try to make a qualified quess anyway, it fits the INTp hypothesis at least as well as any other hypothesis, because what is described is typical INTp behaviour -- both in real life and according to type descriptions.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast