Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Music

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i'm not really sure? right now, my only reasonable answer would be inclined to label music as Si Fe, which is obviously pretty narrow. i just think that there's less of a tendency for gamma to want to create music. if the beatles are actually a band composed of nothing but gamma members, then i consider that it would be difficult to find more examples like this. that is, while i personally know a few ILI musicians, i just find it odd to think of a bunch of gammas as getting together and creating music. or a bunch of gammas getting together and doing anything. maybe i'm completely off base here.
    Could be.

@logos - that live version of "don't let me down" is positively great. nice examples at any rate. i'm curious as to how representative they are of "gamma music" though.
    It was actually kind of hard to find a live version of the Beatles from their later career (you know, when the Beatles weren't wearing those suits and singing how she them "yeah, yeah, yeah."), because towards the climax of their careers they produced the -overdose that is Yellow Submarine.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Young, Kurt Cobain are both INFj.
    Guys in Pink Floyd are Beta.
    I think Led Zeppelins Jimmy Page was INTj. Ozzy Ozbourne is ISFp, and the original guitarist of black sabbath is alpha.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I said maynard was INFJ, I was using MBTI talk and actually meant he was INFp.
    For John Lennon, my instincts tell me he is INTp.. because I identify with alot of his subtle mannerisms, like his sarcasm, and the way he uses language. If you read interviews of him, he doesn't talk the way E's usually talk.
    Quote by john lennon "god is a concept by which we measure our pain"
    Introverts talk where the statement can be seen as a lasting, and situationally transcendent function. Extraverts do not, their statements are contingent on an assumed state of affairs, and do not generalize beyond this state of affairs.. typically.
    If you read the quote, he is thinking on the far end of the situationally transcendent
    More quotes by Lennon.. "reality leaves alot to the imagination"
    "woman is the ****** of the world"
    ... go look up the rest, i forgot them

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have an extremely eclectic taste in music and am open to listening to any new sort of music

I've recently gotten into drum and bass as a matter of fact, didn't even know it was out there.

the bands i generally listen to, or at least the ones ive been listening too lately are....

(the only thing in order are the first two)

bad religion
    nofx
    the beatles (a LOT lately, for whatever reason ;] )
    incubus
    nin
    pink floyd
    tool
    garbage
    audioslave
    sublime
    black sabbath
    ozzy osborne
    bob marley
    nirvana
    thrash unreal
    pendulum
    radiohead
    random songs from anime shows
    rammstein
    prodigy
    david bowie
    queen
    beastie boys
    iron maiden
    tom petty and the heartbreakers
    classical music of most sorts
    old school rap
    whoever sings that apple bottom jeans song (T-pain?)
    that one song that was on LALL's myspace profile for a long time, about the big wheels lol
    some massive attack
    most foo fighters
    random songs by random jungle dj's
    a bit of slip knot
    a bit of korn
    a bit of fly leaf
    little bit of the distillers
    metallica (older)
    some MSI
    kinda like Rihanna
    a little of regina spektor
    little bit of rancid
    little bit of goldfinger
    a bit of reel big fish

i dont really go looking for new music...i wait for someone to introduce it to me. i dont know why, i just dont have an inclination to do research on that sort of thing...well..most things for that matter

I NEVER EVER LIST FAVORITES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! so feel lucky fellow gamma's, FEEL LUCKY!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always think System of a Down is gamma. the bandmembers too.

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I like heavy metal. Heavy metal must be gamma now.
    The most influential band to modern metal Venom is a "gamma-band", what other band is even responsible of creating 3 music genres. Cronos is ESFp and Mantas is most likely INTp.

As seen from this interview, Cronos (on the right) is pretty obvious ESFp, the other guy is Abaddon:

...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't listen to music much.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma NT's and Music

I like power metal, classical music, and classic rock, you?
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what I have on my ipod:

alice in chains
    the beach boys
    the beatles
    the black keys
    black sabbath
    blonde redhead
    bob dylan
    bob marley
    coldplay
    the cure
    dave matthews band
    david bowie
    the doors
    george harrison
    the hold steady
    INXS
    jimi hendrix
    john lennon
    joy division
    led zeppelin
    linkin park
    metallica
    my bloody valentine
    neil young
    nirvana
    ozzy osbourne
    paul mccartney
    pavement
    pearl jam
    a perfect circle
    phish
    pink floyd
    the pixies
    r.e.m.
    radiohead
    red hot chili peppers
    the replacements
    the smiths
    sonic youth
    soul asylum
    stevie ray vaughn
    stone temple pilots
    strawberry alarm clock
    system of a down
    tom petty
    tool
    u2
    the velvet underground
    weezer
    the white stripes
    the who

...so there you go

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think music is too detailed, and everyone is picky. There is still some good correlation to type via elements though, it just never comes out that one person in a quadra likes all the music of the other person because music is so detailed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

marilyn manson is ILI

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Yeah I think music is too detailed, and everyone is picky. There is still some good correlation to type via elements though, it just never comes out that one person in a quadra likes all the music of the other person because music is so detailed.

Agreed. A piece of music is never completely one quadra. I think what this thread is trying to get at is whether there is a general trend with gamma quadra and one's music preferences. Are there pieces of music that contain large amounts of information elements that gammas value ()?

Wikisocion did an article about individual information elements found in various pieces of music: Music and socionics - Wikisocion
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most people are just getting this from the "feel" of the music, and associating it with the various quadras. That's what I was doing anyways. It's just for fun.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of Borodin and Massenet, that style etc. That's what really appeals to me that has strong Ni/Te/Fi valuing vibes with some Se.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

korn and slipknot imo are pretty good gamma music examples....

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is difficult to pinpoint music that I like. I don’t often go out of my way to listen to music, but when I do I have a large and seemingly random array of music I enjoy listening. A definite pattern isn’t clear. For example, these are all things I’ve listened to in the last month or so.

There is also a large amount of relatively weird music that I can't find on youtube.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to like hardcore house aka Gabber.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Me, too.
    really? that's awesome

btw I didn't knew that this type of house was known in america.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    really? that's awesome

btw I didn't knew that this type of house was known in america.
    Wikipedia says it's mainstream popularity is moderate. And I've heard of it before, and I don't listen to any kind of techno, so can't be that rare.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-31-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

If it just says that without giving specifics on the region, yeah, I can agree with that, though in the U.S. not many people really listen to it. It's more of a Netherlands and surrounding area Euro thing. If I mentioned Gabber to any of my friends, they'd probably think I was high or something.
    Yeah one thing I've noticed about americans here, is that they don't seem to listen to anything that much deviates from the mainstream, and lot of them like the same artists. Also I'm biased (or perhaps more accurately other people have the opposite bias) from the point of view who listen to lot of underground stuff. Although it's not much different in Europe, there's just more national differences between what's popular. For example in Finland Tango is extremely popular, especially among middle-aged people. People who listen to lot of Tango probably are very rare in Northern America.

INTp

I've been listening to a lot of Nox Arcana lately
    Yep, that was interesting and different.

INTp

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't really know about the values. If another quadra claims it then it looks like I'm screwed. But I've always liked it.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you can just tell the other quadra to screw itself.
    Eh. I don't want to get all personal.
    Last edited by 717495; 08-10-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yeah one thing I've noticed about americans here, is that they don't seem to listen to anything that much deviates from the mainstream, and lot of them like the same artists. Also I'm biased (or perhaps more accurately other people have the opposite bias) from the point of view who listen to lot of underground stuff. Although it's not much different in Europe, there's just more national differences between what's popular. For example in Finland Tango is extremely popular, especially among middle-aged people. People who listen to lot of Tango probably are very rare in Northern America.
    I've noticed that as well. Most of my friends and classmates like listening to music that can generally be classified under rock, but the second they hear anything that I like, they run in terror. One of my friends, Y, said that Person X's musical tastes had rubbed on him(Y), but was wished that X's tastes had rubbed off on me as I had been roommates with X. While roommates with X, I was listening to music on my computer when X walked into my room to fix something and started laughing. I asked what was funny, he said nothing. Then I asked if it was my music, and he said yup.
    LIE-Ni, i think, but maybe ILI

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Are you serious?
    Although I'd not generalize, I see a strong tendency.
    Serious. There's something about it, mostly in its melodic form, in its richness and boldness, that transmutes the Se-Te image, and Fi as a given.

A fine favorite example of mine, is the Trumpet Section from Jurassic Park, in its original recording of the 2nd main melodic theme, it reflects Ni in trying to hide beneath the surface of the harmony. There is resonation and twofolding as it gives away Ni, its representation Se. The Gamma rational functions support the original feeling by structuring a harmony before the notes can fully sound.

I'm not saying this piece of music is Gamma, but the sound of trumpets, and the relationship of trumpets to the orchestral variables, dynamics, and harmony with timing mainly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Kurama the ESI in question? Because I really, really liked him as a character. Maybe that's why.

This is also one of my favorite animes.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurama is ESI. Hiei ILI, I'm pretty confident (he's also my favorite character), and Yuusuke is SEE-Se. Dunno about Kuwabara, though.

It is also one of my favorite animes and used to be the favorite until last year or so.

Hunter x Hunter has a mirror cast of about the same types and is also a very, very good anime.
    Yeah I figured that those were the typings you were getting at. I knew Hiei was an ILI (badass ) when you were describing it. I KNEW that Kuwabara wasn't the ESI, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Yeah I always related to Kurama in a TV show character way.

I'll check out Hunter x Hunter. If that's also a Gamma anime I might also like it. What else is a Gamma anime off the top of your head? Maybe they have been some that I've liked over others, I'm curious.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome. Out of that list, I've seen .Hack//SIGN, Serial Experiments Lain, and Dragonball. I IMMENSELY enjoyed .Hack and Serial Experiments Lain, I just simply couldn't stop watching them. I just got so absorbed into watching them. As for Dragonball, it got a bit meh after a while.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Satch = SEE?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koji Kondo is automatically ILI because he's splendiferous. Doesn't even matter if that's his type, he's ILI anyway.

I'm also an ILI and I compose epic symphonic music. I'll have to post some of my stuff in youtube form on here one of these days. What say you, aixelsyd?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might belong in beta just because it's from new moon.

definitely gamma but also in new moon
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

music has elements of Ni, the singer is SEE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tool is beta all the way ^^ but they are awesome and it doesn't mean that gammas can't listen to beta made music.

i think you cannot categorize musical preferences by quadras. it's more like, what kind of music would gammas make?
    i was playing in a band with my good friend, we are both LIE's, but it didn't go anywhere.. not enough free time to practice and so on.
    i think gammas would make the kind of music that sells, pop, hip-hop, main stream rock music and so on. mtv shit.
    but then again, it doesn't mean that we all listen to that music.

personally i like heavy stuff, anything that has a lot of bass and umff
    but i also enjoy indie like bjork, blur, white stripes and beck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite "gamma tunes"

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I miss something? Or did a leap in transbody merging skip a soul?

I've always wondered if I'm a different person every day, hour, minute, or second, and my soul hops around to different units. It would make sense in the case that I'm posting this right now, and for a while this specific body was blocking souls, so that they couldn't record its memories of consciousness. Glad I don't have to be here for much longer...

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The leader singer / writer seems like an SEE (or ESI?).

Quiz: what information elements are featured in this song?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YouTube - Captain Planet - Closing song (German)
    (youtube ran out of english, again so I will translate for english speaking people who find German incoherent )

So as you can see, pollution is -Fi. Fighting is Se. Minimizing waste is Te. So there are enough prevalent IMs to consider this Gamma music.
    Haha, good one!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast