Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving and type

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Driving and type

What are your driving habits? Fast? Slow? Careful? plenty of accidents and/or speeding tickets? Correlate to type...i'll go first.

Fast driver. Regularly break the speed limit by a significant margin. Talk my way out of tickets easily. See other cars as stationary objects that can be passed, avoided, gone around etc.

Type: entp.

Lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Driving and type

What are your driving habits? Fast? Slow? Careful? plenty of accidents and/or speeding tickets? Correlate to type...i'll go first.

Fast driver. Regularly break the speed limit by a significant margin. Talk my way out of tickets easily. See other cars as stationary objects that can be passed, avoided, gone around etc.

Type: entp.

Lol.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always drive at the speed limit, but I accelerate quickly to get there. Always amusing if there's someone behind me who obviously thinks I'm a slow and steady sort. When I pull away from traffic lights, they're often left behind, clearly not expecting me to accelerate so quickly. The only reason I bother keeping to the speed limit is paranoia that the police would be nearby. Generally quite calm on the roads although if someone does something that forces me to brake sharply when it was their stupidity that caused it and not anything else, it angers me. I remember one time when I was angry anyway, and there seemed to be a large amount of idiots on the road that evening, a pedestrian forced me to brake sharply when I had right of way, which caused me to scream some rather colourful words at them, which got an amusing reaction from my two passengers at the time (well, amusing looking back on it, not really amusing for an observer. They were just saying things like "Calm down!" and all that, seemingly unnerved by my little explosion).

But yes, provided I'm in a normal state of mind (i.e. not angry or depressed or whatever), I tend to be calm but assertive.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always drive at the speed limit, but I accelerate quickly to get there. Always amusing if there's someone behind me who obviously thinks I'm a slow and steady sort. When I pull away from traffic lights, they're often left behind, clearly not expecting me to accelerate so quickly. The only reason I bother keeping to the speed limit is paranoia that the police would be nearby. Generally quite calm on the roads although if someone does something that forces me to brake sharply when it was their stupidity that caused it and not anything else, it angers me. I remember one time when I was angry anyway, and there seemed to be a large amount of idiots on the road that evening, a pedestrian forced me to brake sharply when I had right of way, which caused me to scream some rather colourful words at them, which got an amusing reaction from my two passengers at the time (well, amusing looking back on it, not really amusing for an observer. They were just saying things like "Calm down!" and all that, seemingly unnerved by my little explosion).

But yes, provided I'm in a normal state of mind (i.e. not angry or depressed or whatever), I tend to be calm but assertive.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast driving, passengers saying “slow down slow DOWN!!”. But I’m careful and a rather good driver. I enjoy driving and the car’s like an extension of my body, so I know my and the car’s limits, others obviously don’t otherwise they wouldn’t be freaking out on me every time they come along for a ride.

I'm ISTp.
    9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast driving, passengers saying “slow down slow DOWN!!”. But I’m careful and a rather good driver. I enjoy driving and the car’s like an extension of my body, so I know my and the car’s limits, others obviously don’t otherwise they wouldn’t be freaking out on me every time they come along for a ride.

I'm ISTp.
    9w1

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somewhat reckless, unfortunately

i tend to range anywhere from 10 mph over the speed limit to 10mph under the speed limit
    usually i'm rather careful,
    but sometimes it's like...like i'm running on autopilot or just not paying much attention to what's going on around me.
    other times i refuse to drive because i just can't seem to focus.

in a stick, going uphill, i've been known to refuse to stop at a stop sign (depending on the steepness of the hill...lol, shoulda seen me in san francisco)
    hmmm, at that time in my life i did a lot of driving, mostly long distances. i learned to read while driving. I also learned to drive a stick shift with only one foot (other foot was sticking out the window catching some wind.....i was bored, sheesh)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somewhat reckless, unfortunately

i tend to range anywhere from 10 mph over the speed limit to 10mph under the speed limit
    usually i'm rather careful,
    but sometimes it's like...like i'm running on autopilot or just not paying much attention to what's going on around me.
    other times i refuse to drive because i just can't seem to focus.

in a stick, going uphill, i've been known to refuse to stop at a stop sign (depending on the steepness of the hill...lol, shoulda seen me in san francisco)
    hmmm, at that time in my life i did a lot of driving, mostly long distances. i learned to read while driving. I also learned to drive a stick shift with only one foot (other foot was sticking out the window catching some wind.....i was bored, sheesh)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to stick to a speed that I know I cannot be pulled over for (35 in a 30mph area). I'll accelerate fairly quickly up to that speed, and then level out. Yes, even if someone is trying to push me along, I'll rigidly stick to the same speed.

Idiots do annoy me too. People that go 30mph in a 40mph stretch of road, someone going the wrong way down a one-way road deliberately, or people that sit at a junction when there is nothing coming. Those people will earn my ire.

Self-type: INTp
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to stick to a speed that I know I cannot be pulled over for (35 in a 30mph area). I'll accelerate fairly quickly up to that speed, and then level out. Yes, even if someone is trying to push me along, I'll rigidly stick to the same speed.

Idiots do annoy me too. People that go 30mph in a 40mph stretch of road, someone going the wrong way down a one-way road deliberately, or people that sit at a junction when there is nothing coming. Those people will earn my ire.

Self-type: INTp
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently slow and careful. Before that, fast and reckless. I've been in two wrecks, none of which were my fault. In my first one, on my 20th birthday, someone hit my parked car while I was at the movies. Then a few years ago someone T-boned me on my way to class.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently slow and careful. Before that, fast and reckless. I've been in two wrecks, none of which were my fault. In my first one, on my 20th birthday, someone hit my parked car while I was at the movies. Then a few years ago someone T-boned me on my way to class.

Creepy-bg

I drive as non-obviously as I can... always trying to just melt into the background (probably because theres pretty much always drugs of somekind in my car) very defensively. Never had an accident but many tickets for stupid shit like broken tail-lights and cosmetic stuff like that.

Creepy-bg

I drive as non-obviously as I can... always trying to just melt into the background (probably because theres pretty much always drugs of somekind in my car) very defensively. Never had an accident but many tickets for stupid shit like broken tail-lights and cosmetic stuff like that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be reckless, very reckless. I had 20+ tickets before I turned 21. Speeding, failure to yield, playing the stereo too loud, etc... I had 5 wrecks before then also. All my fault. My old license plate in TN was BADDRVR (which you can find all over the internet after my focus blew up at the racetrack and caught on fire...lol) Through traffic schools, community service, and high insurance rates I've managed to keep a license. Then when I was 22 I got a ticket in Arizona that put me past my points as far as how many I could get in a year. i had to take what was called traffic survival school and it cost a few hundred bucks and took 2 days of class... it sucked. I was told by the state of AZ that if I got any type of moving violation within the next 2 years I'd lose my license for 3-5 years. So, I quit driving in ways that I would get caught. In a sense, I grew up. I quit streetracing, and started racing at the track, that got me into racing big time and I started going to track days etc... which then led me on to take a couple driving schools at Bondurant school of racing in phoenix (I even took a go-kart school for a weekend where we got to drive shifter carts that would do 0-100 in 4 seconds) . You learn A LOT about cars in general and all the physics that go into racing and realize that there's so much that the general population doesn't know so it's best to be on the lookout yourself.
    I've wrapped all my driving experience up into a little ball of being a good driver these days and have only recieved one ticket in the past 4 years and it was the first week I had my RX8... I hadn't been used to the fact that it likes to go much faster than most of my other cars...lol

When i am by myself I tend to drive a tad more on the "fun" side of driving but when other people are in the car with me, unless i'm showing off..., then I do tend to drive much safer than most people I know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be reckless, very reckless. I had 20+ tickets before I turned 21. Speeding, failure to yield, playing the stereo too loud, etc... I had 5 wrecks before then also. All my fault. My old license plate in TN was BADDRVR (which you can find all over the internet after my focus blew up at the racetrack and caught on fire...lol) Through traffic schools, community service, and high insurance rates I've managed to keep a license. Then when I was 22 I got a ticket in Arizona that put me past my points as far as how many I could get in a year. i had to take what was called traffic survival school and it cost a few hundred bucks and took 2 days of class... it sucked. I was told by the state of AZ that if I got any type of moving violation within the next 2 years I'd lose my license for 3-5 years. So, I quit driving in ways that I would get caught. In a sense, I grew up. I quit streetracing, and started racing at the track, that got me into racing big time and I started going to track days etc... which then led me on to take a couple driving schools at Bondurant school of racing in phoenix (I even took a go-kart school for a weekend where we got to drive shifter carts that would do 0-100 in 4 seconds) . You learn A LOT about cars in general and all the physics that go into racing and realize that there's so much that the general population doesn't know so it's best to be on the lookout yourself.
    I've wrapped all my driving experience up into a little ball of being a good driver these days and have only recieved one ticket in the past 4 years and it was the first week I had my RX8... I hadn't been used to the fact that it likes to go much faster than most of my other cars...lol

When i am by myself I tend to drive a tad more on the "fun" side of driving but when other people are in the car with me, unless i'm showing off..., then I do tend to drive much safer than most people I know.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am supposedly not a very good driver because I don't pay enough attention to driving. I also have a habit of driving over curbs when I'm parking the car.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am supposedly not a very good driver because I don't pay enough attention to driving. I also have a habit of driving over curbs when I'm parking the car.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had too many tickets to count. Never get away with a warning either...have a little cussing problem when i get pulled over. And terrible road rage. It's not pretty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had too many tickets to count. Never get away with a warning either...have a little cussing problem when i get pulled over. And terrible road rage. It's not pretty.

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont drive.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont drive.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I curse at cars that block intersections and make me have to wait for the lights to change again, idiots who pull out into traffic to make people stop for them, a car in front of me that wants to wait for the road to be all clear for a mile before they'll pull out, etc... I even express great frustration when stop lights turn yellow/red. I always act like I'm in a huge hurry (even though I'm usually not since Peter's moved in cause he makes sure that I'm out the door 15 minutes before I actually need to be), and anything that wastes my time or makes me wait is extremely irritating. Peter says, "You know what I think you should do? I think you should swear some more. That'll help."

I don't have a good sense of direction and I tend to get lost a lot in the city if I am not familiar with the area , but if I'm back tracking or if I drove the route before, I'm very good at remembering where to turn. Even if I drove somewhere out in the middle of nowhere for the first time during the day and have to drive back at night, I'll still be able to easily follow the return route.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I curse at cars that block intersections and make me have to wait for the lights to change again, idiots who pull out into traffic to make people stop for them, a car in front of me that wants to wait for the road to be all clear for a mile before they'll pull out, etc... I even express great frustration when stop lights turn yellow/red. I always act like I'm in a huge hurry (even though I'm usually not since Peter's moved in cause he makes sure that I'm out the door 15 minutes before I actually need to be), and anything that wastes my time or makes me wait is extremely irritating. Peter says, "You know what I think you should do? I think you should swear some more. That'll help."

I don't have a good sense of direction and I tend to get lost a lot in the city if I am not familiar with the area , but if I'm back tracking or if I drove the route before, I'm very good at remembering where to turn. Even if I drove somewhere out in the middle of nowhere for the first time during the day and have to drive back at night, I'll still be able to easily follow the return route.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to drive somewhat faster than the speed limit. I've got a few speeding tickets, almost only from cameras. On average perhaps once a year. I've never gotten any other kind of tickets. In Europe, I tend to take detours to drive through Germany as long as possible, even if the way is a bit longer, because the motorways there are often (but not always) free of speed limits. Then I go over 200 Km/h ie 165 mph whenever possible.

When in intense traffic, though, I tend to drive carefully.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to drive somewhat faster than the speed limit. I've got a few speeding tickets, almost only from cameras. On average perhaps once a year. I've never gotten any other kind of tickets. In Europe, I tend to take detours to drive through Germany as long as possible, even if the way is a bit longer, because the motorways there are often (but not always) free of speed limits. Then I go over 200 Km/h ie 165 mph whenever possible.

When in intense traffic, though, I tend to drive carefully.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

i would not like you at all.

i am a very calm, sometimes too calm, driver. i generally talk to myself and answer back while driving. i smoke cigarettes and change music and clothes easily. i have never had an auto accident although i did run into a large rock one time because it had fallen to the middle of the road. i dislike those who get excited while driving. my mother is that way. i am as careful as i need to be, for the most part. well, i did get one careless driving ticket. i guess i was drifting over the center line while daydreaming.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am a very calm, sometimes too calm, driver. i generally talk to myself and answer back while driving. i smoke cigarettes and change music and clothes easily. i have never had an auto accident although i did run into a large rock one time because it had fallen to the middle of the road. i dislike those who get excited while driving. my mother is that way. i am as careful as i need to be, for the most part. well, i did get one careless driving ticket. i guess i was drifting over the center line while daydreaming.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I speed frequently. I'm a cop magnet and would likely not possess a license if I had not gotten off on as many verbal warnings as I have. Despite my inattentiveness [I once got pulled over for riding a cop's tail, of all things] I have never been in an accident. My sense of direction is also poor and no matter what kind of map I have, I will never find a place unless someone is riding with me to show me the route. I really need to purchase a GPS system.
    IEI subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I speed frequently. I'm a cop magnet and would likely not possess a license if I had not gotten off on as many verbal warnings as I have. Despite my inattentiveness [I once got pulled over for riding a cop's tail, of all things] I have never been in an accident. My sense of direction is also poor and no matter what kind of map I have, I will never find a place unless someone is riding with me to show me the route. I really need to purchase a GPS system.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

yeah, Peter says I'm high strung (hence my avatar before the last one), a definite "Type A" personality
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

yeah, Peter says I'm high strung (hence my avatar before the last one), a definite "Type A" personality
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    I really need to purchase a GPS system.
    me too
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    I really need to purchase a GPS system.
    me too
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Jessica I am EXACTLY the same, not as much road rage...

I am fairly good on the road and drive INSANE... Ive stopped now because I cant afford the insurance...

It was nice having a dad who could bail me out of certain situations , but I abused that...
    I have 3 tickets 2 for speeding and one for following a fire truck for the greens.

Also 1 accident out of stupidity...

Anyways Jessica you're probably a very good driver.

SLI: Drives very well, doesnt respect rules, gets away with more than most but pushes the limits more than most. VERY aggressive. Enjoys the feeling of acceleration. Prefers manual to be more 'one' with the car.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Jessica I am EXACTLY the same, not as much road rage...

I am fairly good on the road and drive INSANE... Ive stopped now because I cant afford the insurance...

It was nice having a dad who could bail me out of certain situations , but I abused that...
    I have 3 tickets 2 for speeding and one for following a fire truck for the greens.

Also 1 accident out of stupidity...

Anyways Jessica you're probably a very good driver.

SLI: Drives very well, doesnt respect rules, gets away with more than most but pushes the limits more than most. VERY aggressive. Enjoys the feeling of acceleration. Prefers manual to be more 'one' with the car.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it depends on how much I have going on. Lately I have been driving defensively and around the speed limit. But usually, because of all of the things that I do on a daily basis, I drive as much as I can get away with. As far as cops, I always spot them before they spot me, except for a few times.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it depends on how much I have going on. Lately I have been driving defensively and around the speed limit. But usually, because of all of the things that I do on a daily basis, I drive as much as I can get away with. As far as cops, I always spot them before they spot me, except for a few times.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast