Thread: Subtype and super-ego tolerances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype and super-ego tolerances

Right.. how to word this.. OK, I'll start with why I'm asking this. Basically earlier today I was telling one of the women at work that I was making a slightly healthy alteration to my diet by randomly deciding to eat a couple of pieces of fruit each day, but otherwise eat how I normally do (I'm a junk food eater normally). For some reason, when I told her I felt a slight sense of.. shame, for lack of a better word. She responded saying something along the lines of "See if it makes you feel any better within yourself" or something like that. For some reason I couldn't really give an answer, I felt too uncomfortable. I just ended up saying "meh" to indicate I didn't want to pursue the conversation any further.

Now assuming I am indeed an intuitive subtype, does this mean I'd be more sensitive to than ? I know theoretically the PoLR is the most painful function to use, but I don't think I've ever had that kind of feeling when discussing matters before now.. not that I'm really skilled enough in Socionics to positively identify when I see it anyway, but my question is, does being an accepting subtype make the role function more "painful" (for lack of a better term) whilst making the PoLR less "painful"? Likewise, would a creative subtype more easily utilise the role function but have an even harder time with the PoLR?

Just to add something slightly related, I've always felt uncomfortable discussing health matters and never liked it when anyone criticised my diet or lack of exercise. Again, I'm not confident that I know what is exactly, so I can't comment on that directly, but it's just an intuitive feeling I seem to get. Could be wrong, who knows? I'll shut up now.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype and super-ego tolerances

Right.. how to word this.. OK, I'll start with why I'm asking this. Basically earlier today I was telling one of the women at work that I was making a slightly healthy alteration to my diet by randomly deciding to eat a couple of pieces of fruit each day, but otherwise eat how I normally do (I'm a junk food eater normally). For some reason, when I told her I felt a slight sense of.. shame, for lack of a better word. She responded saying something along the lines of "See if it makes you feel any better within yourself" or something like that. For some reason I couldn't really give an answer, I felt too uncomfortable. I just ended up saying "meh" to indicate I didn't want to pursue the conversation any further.

Now assuming I am indeed an intuitive subtype, does this mean I'd be more sensitive to than ? I know theoretically the PoLR is the most painful function to use, but I don't think I've ever had that kind of feeling when discussing matters before now.. not that I'm really skilled enough in Socionics to positively identify when I see it anyway, but my question is, does being an accepting subtype make the role function more "painful" (for lack of a better term) whilst making the PoLR less "painful"? Likewise, would a creative subtype more easily utilise the role function but have an even harder time with the PoLR?

Just to add something slightly related, I've always felt uncomfortable discussing health matters and never liked it when anyone criticised my diet or lack of exercise. Again, I'm not confident that I know what is exactly, so I can't comment on that directly, but it's just an intuitive feeling I seem to get. Could be wrong, who knows? I'll shut up now.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps we're the same subtype, then. i also get really upset when people criticize my diet, appearance, etc. i get less upset when i work on as a function and attempt to be healthy, but then i'm more like an ISTp or something and don't attempt to predict anything (which is possibly a much better strategy when hanging out with ISFps/ESFjs.) so perhaps it's like something i know i totally avoid and thus try to work on a bit. generally when the topic comes up i just a) shut down and sort of avoid it or b) get pissy and hypersensitive. the point is that i can relate to that quite well. i believe expat has called the "charmer" function but this hasn't always been the case in my experiences with types. more or less with ISFps and such i find that they more or less expect you to be highly agreeable and happy and if you're not, well then "something's wrong with you."

at any rate, i don't really have an answer to your question because i've often wondered the same thing. i think i go back and forth between feeling like one is stronger than the other though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps we're the same subtype, then. i also get really upset when people criticize my diet, appearance, etc. i get less upset when i work on as a function and attempt to be healthy, but then i'm more like an ISTp or something and don't attempt to predict anything (which is possibly a much better strategy when hanging out with ISFps/ESFjs.) so perhaps it's like something i know i totally avoid and thus try to work on a bit. generally when the topic comes up i just a) shut down and sort of avoid it or b) get pissy and hypersensitive. the point is that i can relate to that quite well. i believe expat has called the "charmer" function but this hasn't always been the case in my experiences with types. more or less with ISFps and such i find that they more or less expect you to be highly agreeable and happy and if you're not, well then "something's wrong with you."

at any rate, i don't really have an answer to your question because i've often wondered the same thing. i think i go back and forth between feeling like one is stronger than the other though.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BLauritson, I do think you're on to something. For instance, Si-subtypes are much more likely to be bad at time management, etc. I myself as an Ne subtype am probably more sensitive to Se than IN(T)js are. Of course this all makes sense given that IN(T)js are more like ISTjs than I(N)Tjs are.

Given that you really are more sensitive to Si than Fe, it could have implications for what the difference between the "sensitivity" of the PoLR and Role really is.

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    more or less with ISFps and such i find that they more or less expect you to be highly agreeable and happy and if you're not, well then "something's wrong with you."
    I think it's more that they like people to be responsive to their Fe stimulation, not that someone is disagreeable in the first place. (Plus they are looking for a Positivist.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BLauritson, I do think you're on to something. For instance, Si-subtypes are much more likely to be bad at time management, etc. I myself as an Ne subtype am probably more sensitive to Se than IN(T)js are. Of course this all makes sense given that IN(T)js are more like ISTjs than I(N)Tjs are.

Given that you really are more sensitive to Si than Fe, it could have implications for what the difference between the "sensitivity" of the PoLR and Role really is.

more or less with ISFps and such i find that they more or less expect you to be highly agreeable and happy and if you're not, well then "something's wrong with you."
    I think it's more that they like people to be responsive to their Fe stimulation, not that someone is disagreeable in the first place. (Plus they are looking for a Positivist.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it highly annoying when people tell me to 'cheer up' because I'm not showing any emotion. That's usually because I'm content.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it highly annoying when people tell me to 'cheer up' because I'm not showing any emotion. That's usually because I'm content.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me subtype doesn't really make a difference. displays irritate me at times as much as displays do.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me subtype doesn't really make a difference. displays irritate me at times as much as displays do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that to be true.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that to be true.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I am like that to a large extent.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I am like that to a large extent.