Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender Influences and Differences

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gender Influences and Differences

Here's a spot to talk about how gender might influence type expression. What similiarities and differences do we see between the people of the same type, different gender?

I'll start. I have this idea that type expression is either gender-congruent or gender-incongruent. So, if females are socialized in our culture to be supportive of others and good at relationships, then how does this influence the type expression of say, entj or intj or entp, to name a few? It's an uphill climb, that's for sure.

If males are socialized to be protective, wage-earning, and macho, how does this influence the type expression of male f types?Is it an uphill climb for them, too?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this isn't what you're asking really, but just the other day I was saying that the gay people I know, male and female, are the only true personalities . . . well, maybe the only ones true to themselves is a better way to put it. I'm not saying being gay is a personality, it's just that they seem more true to their type than most.

It takes a tremendous amount of courage and struggle to overcome society norms. I truly admire people who can do this . . . seems to be my constant battle. I find gays to be totally comfortable with themselves. It seems they stopped fighting and gave in to who they truly are. Probably have a lot less neuroses than the rest of us.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Creepy-

I felt like I did not fit in anywhere. I just didnt think like anyone I knew. I thought maybe something was wrong with me. I just wasnt getting it. As I got older I just said to myself, 'Well Im stuck with me so I might as well enjoy it. If someone doesnt like me then ta heck with em' When I learned about type it was a relief. It meant I was not crazy. That Im supposed to be the way I am. It sounds sad that I had to have something like that validate me but there was just no other source for as long as I can remember. I mean sure there were superficial validations like "Oh he's a nice kid' but I felt like noone had any idea of who I really was. They just saw the outside, a polite smile. My older sister is INFP and I just thought, well maybe she's a weirdo too.
    Anyway, I had to decide early in life if I was going to wear a mask or just be myself and let the pieces fall where they may. I decided to be myself and honor what I felt were my highest values. I feel good about myself today and I hope to help others to feel good about who they are too.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops forgot to log in

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    My older sister is INFP and I just thought, well maybe she's a weirdo too.

LOL!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victory comes when you stop striving and let yourself live just like you want to. I've been under constant pressure for years (Mostly on behalf of my I) to "shape up". I didn't. I also never gave in to peer pressure. I "should" have been playing soccer and basketball, skated, snowboarded, loved Rambo etc. Well, I don't. Action in movies is so dull and pointless. I have an extreme aversiopn to sports, partially due to the lose-lose situation it creates for me: Either I lose and feel bad about it, or they lose and feel bad about it. Either way, victory comes at a bitter price.

I don't show my emotion on the outside, but I'm inclined to believe that this is natural behaviour. One thing is certain: Had I followed environmental pressure, I'd have scored either ESFj (For following my family's lead) or ESTj (Following my peers' lead) on all the tests. Also, as you might see on the favorite childhood toy thread, I didn't restrict myself to boys' toys or movies. In fact, I hardly even watched boys' movies. Superheroes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and, with age, Platoon and Scream, have never appealed to me in the least. I've long since given up "winning the struggle". I've resigned myself to doing what I want, take the pepper I get with a half-smile around my lips and an acid comment for the critic, and leave while they still try to figure out whether I spoke Latin or English. No chance about them figuring out the comment within a few months.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    I have trouble fitting into society's stereotype of females. Now, if I was ESFp, I'd probably have no problem at all. However, I think that all T females swim upstream in today's society (well in america at least).
    I would think that ESFP's would get the least respect. It's hard take them serously. Their world isn't the bed of roses it seems.

What really pisses me off is that women are at times forced to use sex or flirtation as a way of getting ahead . . . okay well maybe not forced. It's our greatest weapon though.

*the guilty party slinks away*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always been a bit androgynous in my behavior, but I guess it comes with the territory.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I have always been a bit androgynous in my behavior, but I guess it comes with the territory.
    I know what the word means, but would care to elaborate on comes with the territory?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My type.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    My type.
    Oh, duh! <---- refering to me. I was hoping to get in on some deep dark secret or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think gender stereotypes are passed down by the expectations of parents and have much more to do with the Super-EGO than some would care to admit.

And ESTp females are sexy, I had one who had the hots for me in highschool; she was probably the most perverted and hroniest girl that I have ever known. So who cares about societal norms, I would cart a whole ark full of [most] thinking type females if I could get away with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to sort of deny that gender socialization existed. I almost thought it was for other people but not me and the people I knew.

Now I think gender pressure is everywhere and finding a way to behave that works for you within this context is, like, how you transcend gender, if that makes any sense. I rebelled against it, but had to see that choice going nowhere, and then make choices that were in my interest instead, without giving up on who I am.

Weird sort of process. The people who are best at it don't care what others think but care about others.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, women are bitches, aren't they? It's tough out there with women. Men should only know! If you fail to follow the prescribed female pattern, it's women who'll get you for it, not men.

I think men stick it to each other too, though. I think men get hierarchical and physically fight and play sports for dominance and generally duke it out until one or a couple of them come out on top. Then they all get in line. Or something like that.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I used to sort of deny that gender socialization existed. I almost thought it was for other people but not me and the people I knew.

Now I think gender pressure is everywhere and finding a way to behave that works for you within this context is, like, how you transcend gender, if that makes any sense. I rebelled against it, but had to see that choice going nowhere, and then make choices that were in my interest instead, without giving up on who I am.

Weird sort of process. The people who are best at it don't care what others think but care about others.
    Well, gender stereotypes have little to do with genetics beyond what is already preconceived about gender behaviour; there were cultures by which men played the most passive role while the women did all of the active things. It just depends what culture you live in and how you were pressed into that culture.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, women are bitches, aren't they? It's tough out there with women. Men should only know! If you fail to follow the prescribed female pattern, it's women who'll get you for it, not men.

I think men stick it to each other too, though. I think men get hierarchical and physically fight and play sports for dominance and generally duke it out until one or a couple of them come out on top. Then they all get in line. Or something like that.
    There is no preperscribed pattern for men as far as physical attraction goes ... and the hierarichal thing happens, but it is mostly caused from egotistical BSing. As far as women are concerned, I have seen some of the more prominent ones chase after guys who were more or less considered to be at the bottom of whatever hierachy exist. So, I do not think that it really matters all that much.

I do think the whole hierachal thing causes guys to get along better with each other, because they tend to work together even when they are competing. I can not really explain it otherwise.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lady like? LOL, those words are a punch line in my vocabulary...

Okay, I was talking to a friend about my personality type and he was trying to tell me that I wouldn't be so bold if I was brought up is another culture or another time where women didn't have the rights that we do here in present day America. I told him that it wouldn't matter what society wanted, that I would fight for what I wanted, even if it meant getting stoned or burned at the stake. I would rather die than live in a place where women didn't have the same freedoms as men, or where nobody had the freedoms I felt they should. He said, "So you'd be a Revolutionary?" And I guess I would...

I was brought up to believe that women should get married and have children young and stay home if there is any possible way, even if it means that the family has to sacrifice. I was brought up that it is immoral for a woman not to "obey" her husband... I still get into debates with my mom about this.

As a female ENTp, I must say that it doesn't really matter to me that it's an uphill climb. We all have our burdens to bear and conflicts to struggle through and lessons to learn and demons to tame and disadvantages to overcome. Mine happens to be that I'm a woman? LOL, it could be a lot worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I think it's fun to prove gender stereotypes wrong and take whatever position in society I desire. I do not need to use my sexuality to do so, either. That would mean that I am not truly strong enough to get anything I want, and I happen to know that I am. I will get what I want through vision, determination, strategy, and my overall perspective on life.

Things I stuggle with most often as a woman are people giving me grief about not taking my husband's name (though I told him that if he wanted to we could make up a new name and both take that one... he wasn't interested), keeping separate finances, not wearing my wedding ring (and not having a wedding for that matter, I'm still getting bitched at for that one!!!), and not owning property together.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

There is no preperscribed pattern for men as far as physical attraction goes ... and the hierarichal thing happens, but it is mostly caused from egotistical BSing. As far as women are concerned, I have seen some of the more prominent ones chase after guys who were more or less considered to be at the bottom of whatever hierachy exist. So, I do not think that it really matters all that much.

I do think the whole hierachal thing causes guys to get along better with each other, because they tend to work together even when they are competing. I can not really explain it otherwise.
    Men have somewhat of a pack mentality. They need to know who the alpha is, often challanging eachother for the position. It seems there's been some of that going on around here lately... And it's not just the alpha position, it's all of them, the whole pecking order, if you will.

And while men struggle to be powerful, most women compete with eachother for power as well, but they do it by being with powerful men. It sickens me...

I took a lot of crap when I married Josh because he's not very motivated. In other words, he had a crappy job and no money or even a high school diploma. People would bring it up, and I'd say, "I'm not looking for a man with money. I choose who I will be with by other means."

They'd say in a somewhat exasperated way, "But don't you want a guy who will at least make enough for you to be comfortable?!"

And I'd say, "If there's something I want, I can get it for myself. I don't need a man to get it for me."
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Okay, I was talking to a friend about my personality type and he was trying to tell me that I wouldn't be so bold if I was brought up is another culture or another time where women didn't have the rights that we do here in present day America. I told him that it wouldn't matter what society wanted, that I would fight for what I wanted, even if it meant getting stoned or burned at the stake
    Actually, your culture has everything to do with your motives. It's basically up to your parents whether you become a genius or a dumb shit, or whether you conform or don't conform to society. It's a process called socialization, which means that your environment has more influence than you would at first believe. Remember, personality is about 50% nature, 50% nurture.

However, I am not against you. I wish everyone was a revolutionary.

And I think you will really like the quote in my signature.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Ehhh, it's okay. I'm more into ones like:

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." --Krishnamurti

"Self-trust is the first secret of success." Ralph Waldo Emerson
    He also said, "A man is what he thinks about all day long."

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." --George Bernard Shaw

"Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." ~Mary Pickford

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently." ~Henry Ford

"The person who know 'how' will always have job. The person who knows 'why' will always be his boss." Ravitch, Diane

"Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll show you a man who will make history; show me a man without a goal and I'll show you a stock clerk." -JC Penny

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter." -Lewis Carroll
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, I like the new avatar, BTW.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pecking order, hierarchial struggles, "winner gets the girl", "be in the "in" crowd"...

Those have never really meant anything to me. Just yesterday, an ESTj and an ESFj together told me to "go with the flow". I replied "If you go with the flow, sooner or later, you risk tumbling outside a waterfall". Let somebody else be "alpha male", and give me my Mac with a DSL line, if you please, because striving for status is pointless, and the people who's opinions I care about generally share that point of view.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things I stuggle with most often as a woman are people giving me grief about not taking my husband's name (though I told him that if he wanted to we could make up a new name and both take that one... he wasn't interested), keeping separate finances, not wearing my wedding ring (and not having a wedding for that matter, I'm still getting bitched at for that one!!!), and not owning property together.
    LOL! I refuse to get legally or informally married anyhow exactly because I hate the idea only one surname passes down too ^^; A family name is meaningless unless it replaces somebody else's. I sort of can't feel respect for someone who feels ok about that. (Although i wouldn't really care if it replaces mine (I'm male)).
    Balzac

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, there's no law that says a woman has to take a man's name... not that I'm saying that you should get married...
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took my husband's last name because it was easier to spell and pronounce. But I don't wear a wedding ring and neither does he.

My family wasn't thrilled with my choice of husband either and I have to say I loved that!

Joy, what are the types in your family constellation?

Mine are like this:

Father: infj
    mother: estj
    younger brother: intj
    other younger brother: enfp

Made for interesting family dynamics . . .
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't know...
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type genesis first of all

When discussing the nature of coexistence and/or influence of gender social stereotypes we would hardly find ourselves away from questioning the base for the genesis of sociotype itselves.

As long as we don't find out exactly when and why a psyche's sociotype develops it isn't right to deny that maybe culture's effect at early ages has a large role on -determining- it.

Statistics in socionics.org on the other hand show that there's a strong tendency towards inheriting the male parent's type regardless of the child's gender, and this, being dual to mothers. An odd significant result, that may imply either sociotype has a genetic component, or an explainable milestone on human child psychology somebody else may have already answered on different words (Freudian oedipal complex isn't the same at all on women than men), or that cultural sexism goes -so- early to affect humans so that children are taught the male example is to be followed from the beginning before they really understand the magnitude and the nature of what culture is. (The stats are obviously surveyed on Russia, an average male-centrical western culture).

My own oppinion's garbage aside... I do still feel out of the stereotype and it isn't confortable... *koneko hides his Hello Kitty cellphone chain* >.>
    Balzac

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :P

You know, there's no law that says a woman has to take a man's name... not that I'm saying that you should get married...
    Joy

Koneko
    You know... there's no law that says all countries must have the same laws... ^_^...

And the local system won't offer any marriage procedure I wouldn't find offensive somehow.
    Balzac

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...... sorry...

okay, these are just guesses...
    Dad: ISTp or j (very sensitive, shy)
    Mom: ESFp or j???? http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...454051112.html (very cheery and opinionated)
    Brother: ISTp or j (loyal but unmotivated and self-centered in daily habits)
    Sister: XSFp or XSFj (total people pleaser at her own expense, doesn't stand up for herself, bipolar)
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^

Dad: ISTp or j (very sensitive, shy)
    Mom: ESFp or j???? http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...454051112.html (very cheery and opinionated)
    Brother: ISTp or j (loyal but unmotivated and self-centered in daily habits)
    Sister: XSFp or XSFj (total people pleaser at her own expense, doesn't stand up for herself, bipolar)
    Father: ISTj probably, my own dad is an ISTj and is quite shy too, and ISTp's are taciturn, but not really shy. All IJ's are socially awkward.
    Mother: ENFj apparently from the results. Si-weakness and Fe-Ni strenghts look marked. And extravert perhaps due to "very cheery and opinionated".
    Brother: ISTp - ISTp's look always look unmotivated ^^
    Sister: ISFp - 2 ISFp's i know are quite bipolar and dependant.

Perhaps this helps ( ' ')
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko
    LOL! I refuse to get legally or informally married anyhow exactly because I hate the idea only one surname passes down too ^^; A family name is meaningless unless it replaces somebody else's. I sort of can't feel respect for someone who feels ok about that. (Although i wouldn't really care if it replaces mine (I'm male)).
    I was discussing this with my sister just recently. Her daughter is getting married and so excited to take her husband's name. He is excited too as his first wife didn't take his name and he felt it as a rejection of sorts. It's like standing on a mountain top and shouting out their love for one another for all the world to see and hear. That's what the rings represent.

I frequently don't wear my wedding rings, but that is because I have trouble with water weight at times and they don't fit from one day to the next. It bothers hubby that I don't wear my rings and he feels it as rejection and actually thought I was seriously upset with him for quite a while. I make it a point to at least wear my diamond when we go out in public. He loves showing me off and saying to other guys . . . see this? It's mine. Read 'em and weep. I love what it does for him. I'm not a trophy wife by any means, and husband has always expressed that he needs and wants a companion. If you get a little of both then enjoy. It's the old survival of the fittest, although as I've agree in other posts when it comes down to being truly happy we need to satisfy our emotional side rather than our pride . . . the nerdy guys thing. I really don't feel I am degraded in any way by stroking my husband's pride. It doesn't take away from me in any respect. I am very comfortable with who and what I am . . . certainly do not feel I'm perfect in any way, it's just that I've given up the fight and found out that surprisingly it is okay with me. I was the girl who was going to have a career and I didn't need a man to give me a house or a car or anything I couldn't work to get myself. Figured out in the long run that it was simply fear of rejection. Don't get me wrong . . . not saying that is your situation by any means.

I remember my dad wanting a boy so badly and my mom said it was because who was going to pass down the family name? That really hurt and somehow explained his aloft attitude and uninvolvement with my sister and I. I don't believe that now, but it was part of my I'll-show-you attitute for a long time.

I left a some-what pampered but unloving home at 18 with no skills to survive. I lived on the streets. I know what it feels like to degrade oneself in order to survive but then I also learned that you do what you must at times and as long as your can survive with a healthy mind then no harm done. So I guess what I'm really say here is don't sweat the small stuff. Do your own thing and forget about what everyone else is doing. So you don't like it . . . so what? I often go against the gain but generally only those close to me know about it. I no longer carry a banner that proclaims just so. I have no need to be validated. It's a totally waste of time and energy. You will find you are only fighting an uphill battle with . . . surprise, surprise . . . yourself.

I love being married and very firmly believe in the institution of marriage. My mom ask me once why I wanted to get married when I was already living with him, and I said because although we were going in the same direction that we were walking as two separate people in mind and not as one mind. Being married means the world to me in that it gives me sense of belonging and unity -- these are from learned societial norms before you beat me up, but I am okay with them. I am needy in some ways and marriage gives me a solid place to work from. I don't have a loving happy marriage but a comfortable and suits-me existance. We give and take what we need without draining one another. It's a safe place for my heart. If it would all fall apart someday, then I suffer a bit and go on with life willing to take another chance another day. And I've been there . . . done that . . . and am very lucky in that I have that ability. Not saying I wouldn't be devestated at first . . . but it's that I no longer let fear rule my life. Yesterday maybe but today no. It's called the school of hard knocks and sometimes you find you are the one knocking yourself around.

If your family or friends have a problem with your needs, tell them very nicely . . . well you might have to smack a few of them around a bit . . . to go stuff themselves and get on with life. I've learned that sometimes you have to cut people out of your life who try to drain the life out of you. Also family are those that love and accept you the way you are and don't try to change you. They might not understand you at all but they love you anyway. Blood doesn't make family.

Sorry this is such a long post, but last night I was thinking about the fact that I am reluctant to put personal info out there such as how many sex partners have you had and when did you first lose your virginity? Someone said they didn't want to appear slutty. Yeah, me too. We all have to have a few secrets. So this post is my way of letting you in a bit. I'm not as trusting as I may seem and will hold you at bay till you have proven yourself trustworthy. I'm not a risk taker by any means just a go-with-the-flow kinda gal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Artemis
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default =^^=

Aside the fact I slowly gained confidence in posting rather private thoughts on an anonymous forum like this, so far I can't from the deepest of my feeling disagree with you at a single point as I act think and act the same way, adapting-to, accepting and changing noone who won't ask in the first place.

I kind of admire your hard-won constructive, creative, uncheatable, careful and practical cynism. And since I personally use everyday, I'm wondering now, am I really your Quasi-identical or your Identical?

Because that sounds like static-narrative strongly Delta attitude to me, full of feeling -judgements- ^^.

(By the way... I'm sorry to answer on these very short messages.. as I'm at work and can't let others notice I'm on the forum when I should be working (. . ) (although I have no work to do but many eyes looking at here))
    Balzac

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I am my dad's supervisor and mom's benificiary? lol

Artemis: I can see you point about doing stuff to please your spouse, and as long as it doesn't bother you, it's a good thing! Josh honestly couldn't care less about this stuff. Works out nicely for me... every now and then he'll make a comment about me not taking his name, but I really don't think he actually cares. Now... is it just me, or were you just saying something about wanting out?
    SEE

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default =^^=

Now... is it just me, or were you just saying something about wanting out?
    translation -->
    I think she is saying she could be better but won't try anything out since in her oppinion she agrees with her situation already enough to maintain it. There's no contradiction, this is just implicit.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artemis: I can see you point about doing stuff to please your spouse, and as long as it doesn't bother you, it's a good thing! Josh honestly couldn't care less about this stuff. Works out nicely for me... every now and then he'll make a comment about me not taking his name, but I really don't think he actually cares. Now... is it just me, or were you just saying something about wanting out?
    Yes, I did say I want out. Although I am comfortable and safe in some respects, there are times when I feel I have given up passion to be where I am. I can live with that most of the time but sometimes think about life being so short in the scheme of things and I have regrets. I would never cheat to experience passion but like to flirt with the idea . . . Discojoe really does turn me on. My philosophy is that if you are not happy with where you are . . . go somewhere else. But I'm just not unhappy enough to work for it at this time in my life. I am financially independent but not enough to maintain my current lifestyle. Right now I am willing to put myself on hold . . . that is the truth of the matter . . . to stay in my comfortable existance. Then I have guilt feelings too about hurting someone for my own personal gain, but sometimes you have too if you are drowning. Guess I'm not there yet as leaving is only a dream or fantasy at times. I'm not miserable . . . its just that at times I want more. You can't have your cake and eat it too . . . why the hell not?! It's a nice idea and then reality hits. Please don't think I am suffering in any way . . . I have so much freedom to indulge in my favorite pastimes and explore my world and I love it. I thank my lucky stars that I have my so longed for personal privacy and material security . . . two really big issues with me. I have the ability to control and make my own world. I feel truly blessed and sometimes ponder why I'm asking for more.

Thank you for being so understanding of my former post. I was so worried that I would offend but figured you were smart enough to see where I was coming from. Now you will learn not to ask my anything as I tend to get longwinded.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: =^^=

Now... is it just me, or were you just saying something about wanting out?
    translation -->
    I think she is saying she could be better but won't try anything out since in her oppinion she agrees with her situation already enough to maintain it. There's no contradiction, this is just implicit.
    Now if I could only be that brief!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default =^^=

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I was so worried that I would offend but figured you were smart enough to see where I was coming from. Now you will learn not to ask my anything as I tend to get longwinded.
    Not at all ^^; Intelligent conversations are never boring.

Now if I could only be that brief!
    Not really a matter, but Joy's ENTp mindset perhaps should feel easier reading if we remove -Fi- contents out of our sentences ^^;

My type seems to have the most trouble when it comes to starting and ending relationships. Intense guilt feelings, strong fears of hurting the other one. I experienced the need to stay on hold too, and I did for 2 years before my former relationship ended up on disaster, ignoring facts as unpleasing as being cheated on just to keep everything on stability. ^^; By fortune my own income was more than enough for two to live well and I was in fact living alone (she never liked the idea of me living with her), but perhaps if that wasn't the situation I would still be under her rule.

I -still- suspect you are another INFj ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby on the 'Excercise' thread
    Artemis... you actually do seem INFj to me... I can't say why, and I've been wrong in the past. Darklord... that name's too nerdy to be Beta anyways. Definately INFj.
    And I'm not the only one ^^;

Next time (if any) you are in the need of choosing a partner, I suggest to try out socionics compliancy ^^; Living nowdays with my identical partner is loving and caring and I can't complain at all.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I -still- suspect you are another INFj ^^;

Next time (if any) you are in the need of choosing a partner, I suggest to try out socionics compliancy ^^; Living nowdays with my identical partner is loving and caring and I can't complain at all.
    I will read up on the INFj.

I am married to my dual . . . I think . . . he is so hard to type being a pathalogical liar and having so many neuroses to deal with . . . it's give and take to get what I want and nothing more. He is a wonderful guy and treats me well and looks after my comfort and wellbeing on the surface. Has lots and lots of friends but they know him for what he is . . . he only thinks they don't. Not putting him down but trying to help you understand where I am in regards to our relationship.

I've always wondered what living with another INFp would be like. I mean we would leave each other alone wouldn't we? . . . mind our own business . . . live and let live . . . but that would be a bit boring and not much different from where I am now.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am married to my dual . . . I think . . .
    If you think so, perhaps you are. INFp's Duals are INFj's Conflicts and vice versa so they would be hard to be confused each other.

he is so hard to type being a pathalogical liar and having so many neuroses to deal with . . . it's give and take to get what I want and nothing more. He is a wonderful guy and treats me well and looks after my comfort and wellbeing on the surface. Has lots and lots of friends but they know him for what he is . . . he only thinks they don't.
    An ESTj's -TeSi- character isn't implied but it isn't either contradicted by this short description. Confort is -Si-'s treat and all T-types have difficult finding out other people's feelings and intentions. Having many lots of friends is an extravert's characteristic and if in turn of all that you feel at ease and won't give you headaches understanding when both speak, then both may be of the same ratinal sign, let's suppose "J". But I can't tell with too few data.

I've always wondered what living with another INFp would be like. I mean we would leave each other alone wouldn't we? . . . mind our own business . . . live and let live . . . but that would be a bit boring and not much different from where I am now.
    This is a large topic for me, I can talk extensively on this matter. ^^

Taking myths away being with your identical is just "unpopular" for common sense and even for many socionists, but it's regarded technically as the second best communicational compliancy after dualization. After Full Direct Support comes Full Direct Understanding.

Both relationships, as well, are totally different in how they develop. The former promises thrill and the latter does for peace.

Identical relationships start out by a huge informational exchange and the odd feeling of knowing each other since birth. Later, communication becomes minimal and partners tend to develop a very strong confidence for each other, as both become always more identical as time goes by, turning into twins that won't and just can't have secrets for each other, and this is where many types complain about getting "bored", and thus the source of the myth.

My own theory is that some types may feel better under identity rather than dualization, and in particular, for my own type it wouldn't sound so strange, since IJ's are conservative of their own views and both by being intraverts and judgers. INFj, also, belongs to the delta quadra, the one with the least intention to adopt new ideas and systems. And upon all this INFj's gained the love motto of "Quiet pool".

On personal experience, my identical relationship is one of an all-day-sticky with few bursts of long conversations followed by large silences, but always doing all together, driving people who sees us insane, puzzled as what the hell are we thinking or if we're on telepathy or we're autists or what. ^^; we just can't nor want to leave each other alone ^^;

I suspect INFp's would get bored but INFj's not.
    Balzac

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast