Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gender Influences and Differences

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Being 5'4 sucks. I'm shorter than most of the freshmen.
    It must from what I've seen. My ESFp daughter has several very close guy best friends that are shorter than her 5'7". It seems they are okay to be friends with but not okay to date.

5'4" must be the perfect female height. I've never had any height conscienceness whatsoever.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Here's a new one: my look alike husband and I had this very 50-50 feel to our relationships as far back as I can remember. We split everything we made all these joint decisions, we both had careers yada yada yada. Now we have kids and we both work full time and guess what we are both so tired that no one wants to do family strategic planning or take steps to enhance our social life and family relationships. Guess who doesn't give a rats ass? You got it my husband. So guess who is going to have to make time and energy for these things (which make life living BTW)? You got it, me. Here I am again having to do female stuff that doesn't come naturally. Even from my 50-50, housework-doing, child-taking-care-of, lookalike husband!!!!
    That's pretty much where I'm at. I have to do things (not so much with my son all the time, but moreso in every other aspect) just because if I don't no one else will. >=l

My husband is 6'0". I really enjoy our height difference. I've always been attracted to tall men, and I think it's because I'm short and I enjoy irony. One time a tall female friend yelled at me. She said, "You can date any guy you want and be shorter than him. Quit taking the tall guys! Leave them for the tall girls."

One time I was at this club and this NBA player (I can't stand most NBA players, they're so conceited and cocky... baseball players are bit nicer...) was flirting with me. I had to look almost straight up when I was talking to him! Then when I walked away someone mentioned that he was chuckling when he was watching us because it just looked funny.

You know, as long as we're on the topic of height... really tall people should rule out Marfans Syndrome, a connective tissue disorder. We thought my husband had it but then it turned out to be Ehlers-Danlos Hypermobility Syndrome (phew!).
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being 5'4 sucks. I'm shorter than most of the freshmen.
    and I bet you're the cutest too :wink: .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"and I bet you're the cutest too Wink ."

That would be flattering if I weren't a junior. I am often complimented on my looks, but being short still sucks.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Tall and short are relative to everyone else in your life or to your surroundings. Cone is 6'1" and I can't stand having to look up at him. I feel sorry for him when he has to bend down to hug someone. He is tall and I am the perfect height.

It must be a bitch dating when there are large difference in heights. My husband is just two inches taller than me and it's perfect. I love it.
    uh don't mean to sound totally out of it or anything but do you and Cone know one another IRL?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tall and short are relative to everyone else in your life or to your surroundings. Cone is 6'1" and I can't stand having to look up at him. I feel sorry for him when he has to bend down to hug someone. He is tall and I am the perfect height.

It must be a bitch dating when there are large difference in heights. My husband is just two inches taller than me and it's perfect. I love it.
    uh don't mean to sound totally out of it or anything but do you and Cone know one another IRL?
    She's his mother.

"and I bet you're the cutest too Wink ."

That would be flattering if I weren't a junior. I am often complimented on my looks, but being short still sucks.
    If it makes you feel any better, I think you're way cutier than Cone.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Molly is Artemis then?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be a bitch dating when there are large difference in heights.
    Absolutely not. Women are made to be about 8" shorter than men, because it makes dancing and embracing alot more passionate. The woman is able to put her head right against your chest, and I must say, that's one of the biggest turnons I know of.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Black Molly is Artemis then?
    Hey, I noticed that they sounded alike! Oh wow
    Holy crap! It all adds up! I can't believe I didn't see this to begin with:

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Lately I've been wondering about you, Cone. You've been acting really really INFp. Has Black Molly been visiting us under the guise of your SN these days? :wink:
    No.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasnt this Artemis, Black Molly thing already covered on this forum? I mean thats so 3 days ago Come on people, keep up!

topaz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I'm slow... and it's hard to read through everything on this forum. People post so much! Why doesn't anybody tell me these things?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 180 cm tall.
    1,80 and clumsy.
    Yah, the perfect mix .
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My height works great for me at work. As a Home Inspector, I crawl around through trusses in attics and whatnot, and being little has major advantages. I do get people asking me how old I am, but whateva. My image is somewhat of a Dougie Howser of Home Inspection or whatever, so it's fine.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My height works great for me at work. As a Home Inspector, I crawl around through trusses in attics and whatnot, and being little has major advantages.
    I bet your boobies get stuck alot.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All T women and especially NT women just move to Finland and be happy. Being a traditional caring "F-type woman" is a sin here nowadays and male bashing in public media is one of the dearest hobbies of all women. Bashing women in media is more or less forbidden.

The saddest creature here is the middle aged man. Anyone can joke about them, bash them, hit them, make them look pathetic, or whatever creative ways comes to mind. Middle aged women instead are godly creatures and if someone bashes them publicly he/she instantly loses all public credibility and will never be asked to write/talk in the media again. And I'm not even exaggerating too much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    All T women and especially NT women just move to Finland and be happy. Being a traditional caring "F-type woman" is a sin here nowadays and male bashing in public media is one of the dearest hobbies of all women. Bashing women in media is more or less forbidden.

The saddest creature here is the middle aged man. Anyone can joke about them, bash them, hit them, make them look pathetic, or whatever creative ways comes to mind. Middle aged women instead are godly creatures and if someone bashes them publicly he/she instantly loses all public credibility and will never be asked to write/talk in the media again. And I'm not even exaggerating too much.
    This is the god awful truth and its like that everywhere. Here in the US, men, especially the father figure are perpertrated as bumbling idiots that even their kids can run over, a la Homer Simpson. Not that I dont find the show Hilarious
    Unfortunately all of this serves to undermind society's basic unit--- the family. Let us not forget the fall of the Roman Empire. So what happens to a world community when the family is cracked up?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, NT women wouldn't like that also. We strive for objectivity and compentece, unisex
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

This is the god awful truth and its like that everywhere. Here in the US, men, especially the father figure are perpertrated as bumbling idiots that even their kids can run over, a la Homer Simpson. Not that I dont find the show Hilarious
    Unfortunately all of this serves to undermind society's basic unit--- the family. Let us not forget the fall of the Roman Empire. So what happens to a world community when the family is cracked up?
    This is the thing in the world that I dislike the most, the way the media and government tell people what to think about things. There are so many things like this that are dictated to us relentlessley and consistently right across all forms of media and it strongly effects all people, yes, ALL people. The people at the top of these organisations control the minds of the people in the world, in a way to dictate what they believe to be correct or benificial, which is likely to be different to the general population as they are not ordinary people with ordinary experiences. A very small minority control the destiny of the human race, which I find disturbing.

Many things like the quote is just going too far with trying to equalise everything, over time things should smooth out to the commonly held ideals of equality, however, it is still a tragedy that the media and government force these ideas upon people instead of letting them happen naturally over time, which indeed would be the case if they are commonly held ideals. More worryingly, when it comes to things more central to money (the more that money is involved the stronger this control happens), the interests of the general population are normally ignored and any protests or general discontent is quashed by the methods of mind control as seen, recognised and felt by everyone, yet we are all powerless to do anything about it.

Call me a skeptical ISTp, but most people in my experience agree with me that this is a fundamental way in which the world works, and in my opinion its an absolute tragedy.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one" - JC
    Ive found that not having a TV, I miss out alot on whats going on but I also cut down on all the garbage to a degree. We still have a choice individually what to feed our mind on. However, for mankind as a whole, I think its fate has been decided.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still have a choice individually what to feed our mind on.
    Yes.

However, for mankind as a whole, I think its fate has been decided.
    Fate probably yes. Timing probably no. We may have one year or a billion years. Resist the apathy The more apathy -> the faster the clock ticks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123