Thread: Helena Bonham Carter

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Helena Bonham Carter

She played the main female character in Fight Club and partner of Tim Burton. I thought she was really kooky in this interview - she seems quite detached and absent-minded, which I quite like. I don't have much of an idea what type she is - I thought maybe ENFp (she reminds me of an English teacher I once had who was ISFp though).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCx-dqEank[/youtube]

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VIs as an IxFp. Very similar to Emilie Simon:

This is the only reasonably good video I could find of her:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hu9K7I0UQs4[/youtube]

She is married to Tim Burton - possibly ENxp to her ISFp? Roald Dahl has to be Alpha, and ENTp would be a good guess.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Negativist.

Bonham Carter is still unable to watch herself on screen. “I go into a massive depression. It takes four days to recover, and every time, I say, ‘I’m giving up acting.’ I’m very self-critical. I hate everything – how bad I look, how bad my performance is. In acting, I’m trying to get away from myself, and when I see the work, I think, ‘Oh no, after all that effort, it’s still me!’ ”
    Sounds like -Si to me.

Creepy-bg

lol

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on, that's not funny in the slightest.

Creepy-bg

it's the fact that SubT posted it that makes it funny... (maybe it's a bit of a retarded inside joke )

on topic... both girls hot. I used to work with a girl who looked just like that one Hotel posted (except she had crooked teeth which only made her more enderring) and I really liked Helena Bonham's character in Fight Club.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-bg

I'm having problems interpreting your eye rolls today. was that...

(@ the whole concept of "on topic")

or

(their hotness isn't on topic at all... and I want to kill you slowly!)

(I'm a little paranoid today because that proud-to-be-French guy gave me a little slap on the wrist for bringing up Kate Moss in his socionics model thead )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Definitely Negativist.

Bonham Carter is still unable to watch herself on screen. “I go into a massive depression. It takes four days to recover, and every time, I say, ‘I’m giving up acting.’ I’m very self-critical. I hate everything – how bad I look, how bad my performance is. In acting, I’m trying to get away from myself, and when I see the work, I think, ‘Oh no, after all that effort, it’s still me!’ ”
    Sounds like -Si to me.
    No... not really. I'm very self-critical like that and I'm a Positivist. Besides, that's not how the Positivist/Negativist dichotomy is interpretated, is it? (Optimistic/pessimistic). I wouldn't discount INFp (or whatever) for her type because of that.
    Achtung Baby.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    it's the fact that SubT posted it that makes it funny... (maybe it's a bit of a retarded inside joke ).
    AHHHHHHH!!!! NO....I DON'T BELIEVE IT - I made sure it wasn't embedded and everything...I try so hard sometimes, you know? I bet this is the BBC's doing...

Ha, HBC is so brilliant though... but I can't really tell if she values or - she lets Tim Burton (who socionics.com) help with the fashion side of things when she goes OTT, which sounds like + duality, yet she talks in a type way at times.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Definitely Negativist.

Sounds like -Si to me.
    No WAY. That's insecure Si. IEI FTW.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I'm having problems interpreting your eye rolls today. was that...

(@ the whole concept of "on topic")

or

(their hotness isn't on topic at all... and I want to kill you slowly!)
    The latter.

Creepy-bg

hotness is always on topic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp-Ni IMO.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    No WAY. That's insecure Si. IEI FTW.
    Damn, I'm IEI then
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any opinions on her type??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any opinions on her type??

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ENFP
    Could be. I tend to confuse contraries (also super-egos :/).

Anyways, I'll toss the most likely possibilities I see there; SLI-Si, IEI-Ni, IEE-Ne, SLE-Se. I think the actor on her right is SLI, and they're not very similar (so that one is most likely out).

Mimosa, I think you could be SLE-Se (and it would make sense if you could relate to her if she is IEI-Ni), because contrary to what one might think, the Se subtype of SLE gives less "appearance of aggression" than the other subtype. It would also explain why some people have suggested SEE as a typing for you, as the accepting subtype of SLE (SLE-Se) is closer to SEE than to ILE.
    Last edited by xkj220; 10-12-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Well, I came to this site thinking I was ENTP (my professional MBTI typing). :wink:.
    This doesn't mean much, especially because if you "nerdy" curious, etc -- which is independent from type more or less -- you can get "N" on the test easily, but that doesn't mean you are an N type. I've come to realize that MBTI is a bunch of crap. I was personally able to operate MBTI on some level because from the start I focused on the functions and not on the preferences, so I haven't had such a hard time "transitioning" from MBTI to socionics. Just a few minor adjustments.

What about SLE-Se doesn't sound right? If I were to describe you, I wouldn't say you are "very" logical (although I've seen some people say that you are). If anything, you demonstrate good use of Ni, which would be more consistent with being the Se subtype (that strengthens Ni). You tend to give vague explanations of things (that I personally find insightful and easy to follow), unlike the intensive Ti types. If it is the descriptions, I'd suggest not giving them too much importance. To top it off, you've experienced duality with IEI and ILI (rather than SEI). I would say that means you give more importance to Se-Ni than Ti-Fe, thereby confirming my hypothesis ().

And yep, Boham Carter could be ENFp. It is normal to feel some sort of "strange admiration" towards your super-ego relations. Like I read in some description "they seem to embody an strange ideal..." or something like that.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her overall demeanor in the interview seemed static+EP... fairly redolent of madonna's contours and aura in the letterman interview – calm, at rest, poised, in control more or less. ENFp is dubious... she seemed much too receptive to the overall Fe dynamics, in fact feeding off of the subtle interplay in the room, maintaining composure while the other windbag got a bit awkward at the beginning (another madonna letterman similarity).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could be an SLE, one of those artsy kind like Pablo Picasso
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for creative Fe, and Ni > Si, so I would say IEI.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I vote for creative Fe, and Ni > Si, so I would say IEI.
    yes on the Fe. really hard to tell about Ni vs Si though. i could see both being perfectionistic about performance.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    yes on the Fe. really hard to tell about Ni vs Si though. i could see both being perfectionistic about performance.
    Yeah, I think SEI is possible too. And her husband is generally typed as ILE.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Yeah, I think SEI is possible too. And her husband is generally typed as ILE.
    who's her husband? tim?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    who's her husband? tim?
    Yep.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give sly glances while drinking coffee without a tinge of self-consciousness. What now?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    You can't evaluate how self-conscious you appear! I used to think I was good at appearing controlled, but my IEI friend recently told me, "You're so fucking obvious when you're nervous." So I think the only feasible solution is to post a video of yourself drinking coffee in front of a large audience. *nods sagely*
    I already posted a video of myself drinking coffee, and it was received quite warmly.

Now, whether or not one can accurately evaluate how self-conscious they appear, is of no consequence to the matter at hand, as the typing is based off of observers' impressions. So, if you said she appears self-conscious in her coffee drinking, as corroborative evidence for IEI, and I say that I do not appear self-conscious when drinking coffee (ever!), then the premise is undermined.

But, of course, it's all in good spirits when coffee is involved. Especially right now, as I am sitting in some small booth at a congested bakery, having not slept all night, as I was eagerly anticipating my daily coffee pilfering, and I am sitting here, drinking this stolen hazelnut coffee, as the place gives free refills, don't you know, and you can simply slip right in with the crowd, provided you possess a used cup, and sit down, wait a handful of seconds, then traverse to the cluster of steaming pots of various blends and select your choice.

Now, I hope you can make a typing of me, based on this ample evidence.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use one of those devices that measure small variances in the electrical resistance of the human skin (commonly used by the police as lie detectors, and also by scientologists). By using this device, you would be able to (objectively) tell if a person is feeling anxious, or not.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm nervous in groups but I am extremely self-confident talking on the phone, one on one. I'm pretty direct and assertive one on one and in small groups but in big groups my energy drains and I feel like a pansy. It's introverted energy mixed in with agoraphobia or something.

School was a nightmare for me because being with 30+ people at once, I just felt so emo and blah. But when I got home just around my friends I felt so much better.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    OK... I see now how Te PoLR comes out in IEIs.... Coffee drinking stereotyping...

(And, yeah, I'm oh, so LIE today. I've already hammered all IEIs I know with a dose of solid Te. I'll selftype LIE today, is that OK? (aka PMS))
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    We can resolve this if you post a video of yourself drinking coffee on a stage, and we'll have two controlled variables - the audience, and the scorer of self-consciousness (i.e. me). All in the name of good science!
    I need a more objectively competent judge...

Stingy = Gamma
    Petty crime = Se
    Not sleeping = Ni
    Liking coffee = Si-base

Therefore you must be ILE. Done! (I am so good at this socionics bidness)
    This logic is utterly flawed. Based on these indisputable premises, I am first and foremost nocturnal; however, my heart palpitates for the brown gold, rendering me an Si subtype INxp; therefore, combined with my stinginess towards obtaining and keeping my gold, I must be INTp Si subtype; my penchant for petty crime explains Se DS.

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    You could use one of those devices that measure small variances in the electrical resistance of the human skin (commonly used by the police as lie detectors, and also by scientologists). By using this device, you would be able to (objectively) tell if a person is feeling anxious, or not.
    Or we could just use Fe.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she reminds me a lot of Johnny Depp...who is apparently IEI according to some thread here. She's a bit like a female Johnny Depp...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xixi View Post
    she reminds me a lot of Johnny Depp...who is apparently IEI according to some thread here. She's a bit like a female Johnny Depp...
    Many others and I here believe Johnny Depp is an SEI. But I too thought that Helena Bonham Carter reminded me of Johnny Depp in some ways; I actually assumed they might be siblings when I first saw her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Helena Bonham Carter

Looks slightly crazy but definitely not in a bad way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was mentioned in another thread that she does look very similar to Johnny Depp.

What could they be? IEI? IEE? Maybe even ESE? I would really like other peoples opinion on them because my cousin looked this way. He had a lot of going and liked to make conclusions based on his sentiments.

Whenever we got into arguments he would always say "because it just is" and then have some difficulty explaining why which to me would suggest stronger than .

I kinda think Helena is IEE and Johnny Depp is IEI so I don't know.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp - Se-ISFJ
    Helena Bonham Carter - Xx-ESTP
    Tim Burton - Ni-INFP

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh poli

depp is iei
    helena boham carter probably is too.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would mean they're the same type, which they obviously aren't. Depp doesn't have any , Bonham Carter doesn't have any (which I naturally find a lot more annoying.) Don't be so blind to it. Watch them side-by-side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast