Thread: Helena Bonham Carter

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    That would mean they're the same type, which they obviously aren't. Depp doesn't have any , Bonham Carter doesn't have any (which I naturally find a lot more annoying.) Don't be so blind to it. Watch them side-by-side.
    I dont know enough about bonham carter, me saying she is IEI is based off a very superficial view of her and what I vaguely remember in certain threads said about her, she can pretty much be anything as far as my opinion is concerned. However, depp being fe creative is obvious to me. I have studied his quotes, interviews, and history in depth - of which I have compiled an informed opinion and so to suggest he is weak at Fe tells me you don't really know what fe is. If you want to challenge me, I highly implore you to make a thread detailing an actual argument for isfj as Se creative is a nonsensical suggestion.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to read what you posted on the Johnny Depp thread, but it just sounds like really bad stereotypes of difference between Se and Fe ego. Not all people of the same type are going to be more peaceful, mean, passive, aggressive, or whatever. The IMs are the way the very basic personality is oriented to information, and maybe then you just don't know what Fi is, or can't spot the difference. Idk, I can't keep describing it over and over in newly informative ways to you people, I can only use examples and if you pick up on it, then that's good. I'm talking in very standard terms, he's textbook Fi and IJ: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to read what you posted on the Johnny Depp thread, but it just sounds like really bad stereotypes of difference between Se and Fe ego. Not all people of the same type are going to be more peaceful, mean, passive, aggressive, or whatever. The IMs are the way the very basic personality is oriented to information, and maybe then you just don't know what Fi is, or can't spot the difference. Idk, I can't keep describing it over and over in newly informative ways to you people, I can only use examples and if you pick up on it, then that's good. I'm talking in very standard terms, he's textbook Fi: http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm
    I know what Fi is, I could probably write a small essay based off the nature of that function, I have read jung, filatova, etcs takes on that function and said other functions - I never said that people of the same type are going to all be 'mean' or 'aggressive' - what I said is that Bob Dylan and Johnny Depp are different on a fundamental level - the difference between an Se ego and one that isn't, Bob Dylan was clearly operating on that plane, accessing people and things through an Se lens, Johnny Depp isn't. Behaviors are a manifestation of cognitive focus, and so the degree of difference in between both of their approaches towards dealing with people is large enough to consider them both on that same 'level' abit out there. There are different degrees to which types can operate, differences, but Johnny's and Dylan's have little to no sense of overlap.

I also went into other functional reasons for him being Te and Fi de-valuing, as well as Fe valuing.

Now, I get the sense that you are trying to fit him into isfj for some reason when it doesn't fit at all - I've only seen superficial correlations as justifications for isfj from anyone who has espoused that typing. In any case, I really am interested in hearing your thoughts, but I ask that you debate specifics and don't misconstrue my arguments.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    That would mean they're the same type, which they obviously aren't. Depp doesn't have any , Bonham Carter doesn't have any (which I naturally find a lot more annoying.) Don't be so blind to it. Watch them side-by-side.
    I dont know enough about bonham carter, me saying she is IEI is based off a very superficial view of her and what I vaguely remember in certain threads said about her, she can pretty much be anything as far as my opinion is concerned. However, depp being fe creative is obvious to me. I have studied his quotes, interviews, and history in depth - of which I have compiled an informed opinion and so to suggest he is weak at Fe tells me you don't really know what fe is. If you want to challenge me, I highly implore you to make a thread detailing an actual argument for isfj as Se creative is a nonsensical suggestion.
    History of Depp.

"He has to be the same quandra with me, because i love him"

One could study all the about one person, but without actual understanding what the functions stand for it, they could go very very wrong.

FANGIRLS FANGIRLS GOTTA HAVE GOTTA HAVE THAT ONE

"“With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying.”"

"“It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live.”

"“I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.”
    "
    “My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist.”"

"

“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful.”
    "

Just read some of his quotes and strikes me up with very FI / SE ego. I think you are confusing NI seeking with actual NI and SE with FE. WHen in actuality he is very subdued about expressing his emotions live.

And seems to have pretty basic FI values otherwise. Reminds me of Hunter S Thompson who i suspect is a isfj too

And i dont care about his type at all. I just think you are wrong

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I can't. I'm trying to hear you out on IEI but its just not working for me. His aura exudes Introverted Feeling to me.

Also based on your response in the other thread, I can tell you're not looking to Jung's overall feel of the information elements, you're using your own taken from somewhere else. So that's probably the difference in our definitions.

Depp actually referred & praised Marlon Brando, commonly typed as SLE (even by those at the socionix camp) for his ability to not give a shit - if his statement was indicative of Fi valuing, why would he praise an Fi Polr for their Fi?
    This I find to be oversimplified and taken out of context.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ignore poli, he's passive-aggressively lashing out because I showed him how groupthinked he is yesterday
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonham-Carter is SLE IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

History of Depp.

One could study all the about one person, but without actual understanding what the functions stand for it, they could go very very wrong.

"“With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying.”"

"“It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live.”

"“I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.”
    "
    “My body is a journal in a way. It's like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist.”"

"

“I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it. It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful.”
    "

Just read some of his quotes and strikes me up with very FI / SE ego. I think you are confusing NI seeking with actual NI and SE with FE. WHen in actuality he is very subdued about expressing his emotions live.

And seems to have pretty basic FI values otherwise. Reminds me of Hunter S Thompson who i suspect is a isfj too

Sorry I can't. I'm trying to hear you out on IEI but its just not working for me. His aura exudes Introverted Feeling to me.

Also based on your response in the other thread, I can tell you're not looking to Jung's overall feel of the information elements, you're using your own taken from somewhere else. So that's probably the difference in our definitions.

Depp actually referred & praised Marlon Brando, commonly typed as SLE (even by those at the socionix camp) for his ability to not give a shit - if his statement was indicative of Fi valuing, why would he praise an Fi Polr for their Fi?
    This I find to be oversimplified and taken out of context.
    My only problem with these assertions is the lack of any sort of explanation or analysis - saying 'he just comes off as isfj' is basically the extent to which this goes. Why? What is it about my functional definitions that do not coincide with yours, and why is yours more accurate? How am I confusing elements? IEIs have Fi demonstrative, which is as strong as the base function - I have met many that come off subdued emotionally, especially when they do not know the people they are interacting with very well, and even more to that end when they are trying to protect their privacy. I have no personal attachment in typing Depp in any particular way; I accepted him as ISFp for the longest time until Krig posted the first sensible explanation for him - and that pointed towards INFp. Regardless, even if I did have some personal bias, that has nothing to do with the argument I've put forth.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    My only problem with these assertions is the lack of any sort of explanation or analysis
    Some actual substantive reasoning from you would be preferable, instead of you just pulling anecdotes from your ass and arbitrarily waving your hands making unsourced claims about how it means this or that.
    Reasoning is in the other thread, if you disagree feel free to dissect it.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helena Bonham Carter seems Beta NF-ish (EIE is my guess, she seems very bombastic). Depp is obviously IEI.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 08-05-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp - Se-ISFJ
    Helena Bonham Carter - Xx-ESTP
    Tim Burton - Ni-INFP
    these typings correlate with the Socionix ones, so maybe there is something in them.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depp doesn't have any
    *snicker*

Define .
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Depp doesn't have any
    *snicker*

Define .
    You dont even have your own type right.

Just fuck off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pirate I would like you to watch this video forward from the 4:00 minute mark

and now I would like you to shut the fuck up until you can get good arguments on the table.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Reasoning is in the other thread, if you disagree feel free to dissect it.
    I saw it and didn't care for it, since it was exactly what I just described.

Post some videos of other IEIs or something and try to demonstrate similarity between them.
    I don't agree in that form of typing being any more substantive - we would have to agree on the types of those in the videos, and even then I don't think Depp is reminiscent of anyone else - in part because his personality is particularly enigmatic. If I had to pick anyone however, I would say that his vibe, especially in older interviews where he is less inhibited, is much more like Lil Wayne and Eminems than Bob Dylan or any other ISFj.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post

History of Depp.

"

"

"

I don't see how any of that favors Fi. Actually I can relate quite a lot to the idea of staying in an inner state because of the effect it has on my outward appearance...that's one of the things I pay closest attention to.

His statements seem mostly Fe driven to me, personally.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think Bob Dylan is an ILI (his ego seems too touchy to be any Ij), which, in my eyes, explains any similarities the two might have.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFP

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this interview, she dominates the conversation. I noticed that around 1:04, Mrs. Carter asks if their circumstance was going to "bother" the interviewer, as if she was aware of some particular discomfort in the atmosphere. She exhibits a bit of black humor around 0:42, when she casually mentions that in order to get the part, she had to be approved by Tim, the "father of my two bastards". Judging from her normal apparel and very open-ended (almost intuitive) cognitive processing, she's got to be a perciever.

Exxp. ESFp, ESTp, ENFp, ENTp.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why nobody has suggested enfj?
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta ST

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

She considers herself an introvert, although that may not really mean too much in Socionics terms.

I thought I had (recently) typed her as EIE, although that may merely have been an opinion I kept to myself. IEI would be more consistent with her typing, but I don't really see that.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks intuitive because of her wardrobe, but I think she's SLE, if not then ESE, but she looks too dark for ESE, but mb ESE 4 would be like that.

reminds me a lot of madonna

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because both she and Madonna lead with Te. LSE and LIE respectively.
    Plus, Helena is a 2w3 (not a 4 lol) and Madonna is a 3w2.

Delta quadra peeps. She ain't no Beta.
    Last edited by Samson; 11-29-2019 at 08:19 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect she is IEE-Fi.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually came here because I heard she was an IEE, enneagram 4. I don't know, I'm having a really hard time figuring her out. She does have a lot of the quirky side glance photos, but in her interviews I have no idea what I'm witnessing, lol

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12