Quote Originally Posted by Expat
Ok, this seems to be a typical and spontaneous sample of your writing.

It's difficult to ever get a firm statement out of your posts, unless you are trying to eliminate supposed misunderstandings ("I never said this, what I did say was that"). You seem to be thinking out loud, which often makes the impression (to me) that you're sort of keeping your options open, as if to make you able to say, "I was just thinking out loud"; as in a cop-out. Which perhaps is a sign of IP temperament; not sure.

What you describe above is a sort of "failed ", that is, you are describing how you had an idea of "if I do this, people will do that" and just realized that it has failed; although, you explain it not by people not being interested, but because they simply aren't like that. The flow was derailed by not properly focusing on information, which you realize.
This seems to be more an effort at analyzing me than one of analyzing of the passage itself.

I don't see this thread as a some sort of big failure, by the way; I think even so far it's more interesting than the average thread, although we really haven't had many serious attempts at linguistic analysis. If I had the time to keep milking this, it would probably do better. Anyhow, in that post I was just acknowledging Rick's insight and observing that unless one's dealing with a very selected group of participants, people may not respond as intended to something as open-ended as this thread. Whether people are interested....well, it seems a few people are, but it all depends on who's reading.